Guardians & Summoners [5e] - IC Live

Started by Jezabelle, December 14, 2019, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armphid

My availability won't actually change too much in the next few weeks.  The actual days of the 24th and 25th I may not be able to post, but otherwise, I'm game. 

As a note to pdragon and Kathyan, and anyone who might consider such a character, or NPCs, I am open to my character being with such characters in sexual situations.  Which they may never be in together but just making it known!

Back to the main subject!  An OOC sounds good to me, all right, and I like getting an IC going too.  But I understand if we'd want to limit that somehow and then open the "main" RP after the holidays.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jezabelle

Did a quick run through of the sheets, sorry if I missed anyone or you've got a partner I did not stick you with!  Running around doing livestream prep and laundry for travel.

Dang, I really should've included a partner section on the char sheet.  Ahhh well.

Guancyto

Oh, another question! Because I saw a neat character image and my concept changed.

Special Rules says getting seduced is a Wisdom save against being Charmed, advantaged or disadvantaged by your sexual alignment.

There are races that get Advantage against Charm already, do they still get it?

Devotion Paladin has an aura that confers straight-up immunity to it. It seems hella thematic that a bastion of holy light can keep a Summoner safe so long as they stick close, but it also might be kinda overpowered?

Armphid

Oh, good question!  Elves have advantage against Charmed too.  I actually hadn't thought about that when I built Jas.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jezabelle

Quote from: Guancyto on December 17, 2019, 10:04:43 PM
Oh, another question! Because I saw a neat character image and my concept changed.

Special Rules says getting seduced is a Wisdom save against being Charmed, advantaged or disadvantaged by your sexual alignment.

Devotion Paladin has an aura that confers straight-up immunity to it. It seems hella thematic that a bastion of holy light can keep a Summoner safe so long as they stick close, but it also might be kinda overpowered?

So if the explicit result of the seduction is the Charmed state, that immunity / Advantage holds true.

However, if it's a sexual alignment shift, the alignment can still shift.

Xurtan

Good question, considering when you have both Advantage and Disadvantage they just cancel out. I hadn't thought about those with a Charmed racial bonus, that's thematically kind of neat.

As far as the holidays go, I'll be busy for several blocks of hours but never to the point I'm just not around for several days in a row. *shrug*

Xurtan

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 15, 2019, 06:58:31 PM
For weapons and abilities in general I'm also interested in allowing the Guardians to start with 1 magic item (probably a +1 weapon) which they may, at their preference, consider "integral" to themselves, i.e. mechanically it's a +1 Greataxe but we fluff it as their claws.

Also out of curiosity for the sake of those making Guardians, did you decide either way on this? I took it as 'still thinking about it', so wasn't sure.

I'm still pondering spell and Infusion choices, too, and that might play a part on which way I lean.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Xurtan on December 18, 2019, 02:04:07 AM
Also out of curiosity for the sake of those making Guardians, did you decide either way on this? I took it as 'still thinking about it', so wasn't sure.

I'm still pondering spell and Infusion choices, too, and that might play a part on which way I lean.

I'm gonna go ahead and commit to it.  Makes sense to give L7's magic items anyway.

Rainbae

Hey yall so my interest in this game has already been discussed with the dm and we've already worked out rolls and stuff here's my character and what I'm looking for. ^_^

Clara

Name: Clara Reinhard
Race: Human

Sexuality (IC): Pan
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Any kind of gay stuff is fine. Non-con always fine. The only things I would find off limits are scat, vore and any bodily fluid that is not cum. (Spit, Piss, Vomit, etc.)

Physical Description: Clara is rather short standing at just below 5ft she often wears very tall heels to try and make up her height. She has a thin yet full build with her feminine qualities being specifically accentuated per her tormentor’s request. Her body shows few hints of her transformation mostly appearing feminine except to very close inspection. However she does have many scars. Most of them appear to be from whips but some look to be burns and cuts. In general they’re only visible when she’s naked unless you’re looking for them. Her hair is a bright red which she tends to keep in high pigtails which reach just past her shoulders. Her eyes are a striking emerald green and often catch people’s attention contrasting with her hair. Her attire usually consists of very basic common person’s clothes. One caveat is that she almost exclusively wears skirts or dresses to try and hide the scars on her legs as well as what lays between them.

Personal History: Clara, at the time Clarence,  was born a bastard child into a noble family. Her mother attempted to keep the child hidden but eventually the king caught wind of this first born son of his. Fearing this bastard would claim his inheritance and subseed his own son he ordered his men to kill the boy and his mother. With her head pressed to a chopping block the mother pleaded with the lord to spare her child. The lord still harbouring feelings for the woman agreed that the two could live on a few conditions. The first being that her son would have to live his life as a girl. To be entirely feminized as to no longer have a claim to the throne. And secondly that the two would have to live in the palace out of the public eye. His mother would become the lords concubine and the boy now girl would be the first prince's attendant. He promised if these conditions were met no harm would become her or her child. The mother looked lornfully at the child in her arms and agreed. Becoming the property of the lord. However the prince was not happy. For there to even be someone who might attempt to challenge his throne was ludicrous to him and he thought his father weak for sparing them. So for years he physically and sexually abused Clara. Forcing her to do obscene humiliating things. He forced her into chastity and made her display her naked body to the public forbidding her from wearing clothes. As her body slowly changed over the years and once she was sufficiently feminine looking he forced her to have sex with many strangers regularily. He wished to break her and force her to submit to him. However Clara would not be broken. She prayed daily to the heavens and, seeing her sorry state, they answered. Gifting her with divine magic capable of healing her wounds and giving her some amount of protection from the whims of the prince. This however did not prevent the prince from marking her. She was able to heal her wounds quickly but the scars would still remain. As the years passed and Clara’s mother and the past king died the former prince was crowned. Now king he asked Clara if she would submit to him. Confidently and without hesitation she said no. The king flew into a rage and ordered his attendants to execute her. But still, she stood proudly before the gallows. But as the rope lay around her neck a sigil bled deeply on her hand. She had been marked as a Summoner and the king could do nothing to touch her. She was led to the Partition's Seal by the Particii and there she learned the ways of a summoner. Her life had improved greatly from being at the foot of the gallows. But the others were wary of her. They had all seen the state she had been brought here in and sometimes caught glances at her scars. On the day of her grand summoning she didn’t know what to expect but she hoped that maybe even if nothing worked out her spirit could at least be someone to connect with.

Sexual Alignment: Asexual (I hope to have my partner coaxe her back to neutral very quickly but for the sake of the rp and her current experiences with sex she will start here.)
Addictions: n/a

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2083589

For my guardian spirit I would really prefer if they were male. I’m hoping someone feels like playing a strong, hearty character that is potentially very kind and could be a loving dom to Clara. Alternatively I wouldn’t mind the polar opposite. A very rude, brash  character that is quite upset to have been summoned by Clara and wants to harshly dom her. And in the fantasy world of happiness and sparkles known as my brain the ultimate scenario is if I could have one of each of these archetypes as my spirits and just have two doms fighting over me UwU. But I obviously understand that’s not super realistic. I’m not like hard stuck on any of this as well mind you. However I absolutely do not want my spirit to be feminine. Not that I’m not willing to rp anything with female/feminine characters but I really would prefer if my partner was a more masculine type.
💞💗💖O/Os 💖💗💞

Chulanowa

Okay, so I'm interested, but have no idea whether I want to make a summoner or a guardian.  :P

Armphid

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 18, 2019, 12:25:23 PM
Okay, so I'm interested, but have no idea whether I want to make a summoner or a guardian.  :P

Maybe take a look at those who've submitted characters and think if there's any of them you think it would be fun to bounce off of in RP or if they suggest a counterpart character to you? 

I know Opale was looking for a partner and we have two of the accepted characters with no partner at the moment.  Partner in the Summoner/Guardian dynamic, I mean.  I expect many of the characters could end up partnering in all kinds of ways.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jezabelle

Quote from: Rainbae on December 18, 2019, 04:15:25 AM
Hey yall so my interest in this game has already been discussed with the dm and we've already worked out rolls and stuff here's my character and what I'm looking for. ^_^

Clara

Name: Clara Reinhard
Race: Human

Sexuality (IC): Pan
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Any kind of gay stuff is fine. Non-con always fine. The only things I would find off limits are scat, vore and any bodily fluid that is not cum. (Spit, Piss, Vomit, etc.)

Physical Description: Clara is rather short standing at just below 5ft she often wears very tall heels to try and make up her height. She has a thin yet full build with her feminine qualities being specifically accentuated per her tormentor’s request. Her body shows few hints of her transformation mostly appearing feminine except to very close inspection. However she does have many scars. Most of them appear to be from whips but some look to be burns and cuts. In general they’re only visible when she’s naked unless you’re looking for them. Her hair is a bright red which she tends to keep in high pigtails which reach just past her shoulders. Her eyes are a striking emerald green and often catch people’s attention contrasting with her hair. Her attire usually consists of very basic common person’s clothes. One caveat is that she almost exclusively wears skirts or dresses to try and hide the scars on her legs as well as what lays between them.

Personal History: Clara, at the time Clarence,  was born a bastard child into a noble family. Her mother attempted to keep the child hidden but eventually the king caught wind of this first born son of his. Fearing this bastard would claim his inheritance and subseed his own son he ordered his men to kill the boy and his mother. With her head pressed to a chopping block the mother pleaded with the lord to spare her child. The lord still harbouring feelings for the woman agreed that the two could live on a few conditions. The first being that her son would have to live his life as a girl. To be entirely feminized as to no longer have a claim to the throne. And secondly that the two would have to live in the palace out of the public eye. His mother would become the lords concubine and the boy now girl would be the first prince's attendant. He promised if these conditions were met no harm would become her or her child. The mother looked lornfully at the child in her arms and agreed. Becoming the property of the lord. However the prince was not happy. For there to even be someone who might attempt to challenge his throne was ludicrous to him and he thought his father weak for sparing them. So for years he physically and sexually abused Clara. Forcing her to do obscene humiliating things. He forced her into chastity and made her display her naked body to the public forbidding her from wearing clothes. As her body slowly changed over the years and once she was sufficiently feminine looking he forced her to have sex with many strangers regularily. He wished to break her and force her to submit to him. However Clara would not be broken. She prayed daily to the heavens and, seeing her sorry state, they answered. Gifting her with divine magic capable of healing her wounds and giving her some amount of protection from the whims of the prince. This however did not prevent the prince from marking her. She was able to heal her wounds quickly but the scars would still remain. As the years passed and Clara’s mother and the past king died the former prince was crowned. Now king he asked Clara if she would submit to him. Confidently and without hesitation she said no. The king flew into a rage and ordered his attendants to execute her. But still, she stood proudly before the gallows. But as the rope lay around her neck a sigil bled deeply on her hand. She had been marked as a Summoner and the king could do nothing to touch her. She was led to the Partition's Seal by the Particii and there she learned the ways of a summoner. Her life had improved greatly from being at the foot of the gallows. But the others were wary of her. They had all seen the state she had been brought here in and sometimes caught glances at her scars. On the day of her grand summoning she didn’t know what to expect but she hoped that maybe even if nothing worked out her spirit could at least be someone to connect with.

Sexual Alignment: Asexual (I hope to have my partner coaxe her back to neutral very quickly but for the sake of the rp and her current experiences with sex she will start here.)
Addictions: n/a

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2083589

For my guardian spirit I would really prefer if they were male. I’m hoping someone feels like playing a strong, hearty character that is potentially very kind and could be a loving dom to Clara. Alternatively I wouldn’t mind the polar opposite. A very rude, brash  character that is quite upset to have been summoned by Clara and wants to harshly dom her. And in the fantasy world of happiness and sparkles known as my brain the ultimate scenario is if I could have one of each of these archetypes as my spirits and just have two doms fighting over me UwU. But I obviously understand that’s not super realistic. I’m not like hard stuck on any of this as well mind you. However I absolutely do not want my spirit to be feminine. Not that I’m not willing to rp anything with female/feminine characters but I really would prefer if my partner was a more masculine type.

Accepted!  I know Rainbae from elsewhyr and saw all her stats and such, we've talked extensively about the character ahead of time.  Good good.

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 18, 2019, 12:25:23 PM

When in doubt, swing Guardian imo.  Because it's better to double up Guardians than have Guardianless Summoners.

Kathyan

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 17, 2019, 03:26:05 PM
A Bard dip is fine, though they are a full caster if you've just got a bit of it in you things shouldn't get out of hand.  It preserves the spirit of the concept w/out going overboard mechanically.

Like it with the caveat that you're going to wanna be careful OOC in shifted form re:sexual content, as it will tread outside some peoples' wheelhouse.  I doubt anyone's gonna take umbrage with her main form though.  I'm cool with both, for any NPC interActions.

I find the 'Bearika' idea to be cute, one note in personal history is that they don'take the best magic users so much as any who get the Summoner's Mark appearing on them.  It does only appears on magic users of significant ability, though.

I like the casts, it seems perfectly acceptable to me overall.

I'm going to start linking approved characters in the reserved post.  I assume most of us will be busy during the Xmass-New Years corridor, but I'll get at least an OOC up before then and potentially a "talkytalky" IC thread, with the action moving forward after.  I think that's less likely to cause issues than cutting a combat midway, but I'm open to feedback from players about y'alls availability and thinking on the subjeckht.

I checked out of curiosity and I saw that Lucifel and Meow both play the lyre and the flute. ;D

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'll reach anyone to know if they are ok before anything happens, unless they say first like Armphid.

Thanks, depending on how the game goes 'Bearika' can be further developed. I also changed the bit regarding the Summoner's Mark in her story.

About OOC, I'm likely not to be around during Christmas week but I might still have a look around even if its just to say hi. :)

Quote from: Guancyto on December 17, 2019, 10:04:43 PM

This is just me but being immune to being seduced doesn't really sound like a fun idea. :P

Armphid

Quote from: Kathyan on December 19, 2019, 09:53:21 AM
I checked out of curiosity and I saw that Lucifel and Meow both play the lyre and the flute. ;D

Jam lute sessions!  They're a duo on the battlefield and on stage!

QuoteThis is just me but being immune to being seduced doesn't really sound like a fun idea. :P

I think that's the thrust of the question.  But that's a situation where the player could choose if they want to be seduced, you know?  They may not have the Charmed condition but still be like, "all right, I'm into it."
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

pdragon

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 18, 2019, 02:48:31 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and commit to it.  Makes sense to give L7's magic items anyway.

what would be the upper limit on said magical item?

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Zaer Darkwail

(charsheet will be on link in the name but mythweavers is down so make sheet crunch later, but going for zealot barbarian)

Pairing: Opal's char

Name: Gorex, the Fury King
Race: Minotaur (Ravnica)

Sexuality (IC): Predator (heterosexual)
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-consensual, consensual, dominance/submission, straight

Physical Description: Standing 7'ft tall in powerful bulk of muscle Gorex creates imposing image, he has hoofed feet and has his flesh patched up in his face along with sharp feral teeth and gleaming crimson eyes and has triple pair of horns in his head. He wears only makeshift plated metal war kilt for modesty and bears worn leather straps with various brass medallions to dark gods of various faiths on him and metal plated bracers. He smells of blood, ash and gore. He carries a large notched great axe in battle.
Personal History: Gorex origins are lost to ancient times, but in lore he is depicted on every pagan society as The Fury King, incarnation of beastly wrath and some speculate he was god of animals and beasts in time before there was even concept of religion and gods. But when gods came they hunted and slew him, but in fury he reincarnated as demon who started stalk and hunt all other humanoid races as prey, as he was preyed once as god or as divine beast. Overtime his deeds became so infamous gods banished him to abyss, where he ascended to become a demon prince of his own right and is called also grandfather of minotaur race. Then he became universal mercenary champion to dark gods, as dark gods blessing he can enter prime reality to spread havoc on god's subjects.

But this is myth running in pagan circles and explains origins of six horned skull face which is used in oldest druidic rituals, dark rituals, when conjuring nature's wrath to manifest upon the world. Whether the myth is true or not, whether he is truly ancient primordial entity which got reincarnated by fury alone or is he merely aspect, a avatar, of primal merciless fury of nature is anyone's guess.

Sexual Alignment: Inclined
Addictions: Alcohol

Jezabelle

Quote from: pdragon on December 19, 2019, 01:51:48 PM
what would be the upper limit on said magical item?

If it grants more immediate combat utility than a plain +1 weapon, it prolly ain't gettin' thru.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 19, 2019, 05:41:27 PM
(charsheet will be on link in the name but mythweavers is down so make sheet crunch later, but going for zealot barbarian)

Pairing: Opal's char

Name: Gorex, the Fury King
Race: Minotaur (Ravnica)

Sexuality (IC): Predator (heterosexual)
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-consensual, consensual, dominance/submission, straight

Physical Description: Standing 7'8'ft tall in powerful bulk of muscle Gorex creates imposing image, he has hoofed feet and has his flesh patched up in his face along with sharp feral teeth and gleaming crimson eyes and has triple pair of horns in his head. He wears only makeshift plated metal war kilt for modesty and bears worn leather straps with various brass medallions to dark gods of various faiths on him and metal plated bracers. He smells of blood, ash and gore. He carries a large notched great axe in battle.
Personal History: Gorex origins are lost to ancient times, but in lore he is depicted on every pagan society as The Fury King, incarnation of beastly wrath and some speculate he was god of animals and beasts in time before there was even concept of religion and gods. But when gods came they hunted and slew him, but in fury he reincarnated as demon who started stalk and hunt all other humanoid races as prey, as he was preyed once as god or as divine beast. Overtime his deeds became so infamous gods banished him to abyss, where he ascended to become a demon prince of his own right and is called also grandfather of minotaur race.

But this is myth running in pagan circles and explains origins of six horned skull face which is used in oldest druidic rituals, dark rituals, when conjuring nature's wrath to manifest upon the world. Whether the myth is true or not, whether he is truly ancient primordial entity which got reincarnated by fury alone or is he merely aspect, a avatar, of primal merciless fury of nature is anyone's guess.

Sexual Alignment: Inclined
Addictions: Alcohol

Interesting character~

Getting ready to get on a plane early to-morrow, afore the sun rise.  You can expect the OOC sometime in the next two days, and IC a week after that.

Armphid

Quote from: Guancyto on December 19, 2019, 09:49:51 PM

Wow.  I mean, yeah, it could be worse.  But sometimes having a low number can help you have a really unique character!  In another group RP Jezabelle ran that I was in, I played a female Dwarf Bard with a 7 Intelligence.  It made her kind of fun to play in just how blockheaded she could be. 

You could also probably still use the standard array if you wanted...though maybe ask Jezabelle to be sure. 
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jezabelle

To clarify it IS acceptable to revert to standard array if you get shite scores \ are otherwise unhappy w/ them.

c0i9z

Oh, is that so? In that case, I might as well try my luck.

Yeah... 14,14,14,12,11,11. Not great. I think I'll just stick with the standard array.

Chulanowa

Guess i might as well make mine as well:

rolls
Result: 4, 5, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 4, 6, 6, 1, 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3,

4, 5, 2, 3 = 12
3, 2, 1, 4 = 9
6, 6, 1, 5 = 17
6, 5, 4, 2 = 15
1, 4, 6, 4 = 14
4, 4, 1, 3 = 11

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 19, 2019, 08:02:25 PM
If it grants more immediate combat utility than a plain +1 weapon, it prolly ain't gettin' thru.

Interesting character~

Thanks :). Anyways to confirm would be hellfire weapon (from descend to avernus module) be okay? It's +1 weapon but it has added flavor to glow 5'ft radius and send any slain mortal souls to river of Styx (and born immediately as lemures). Or Shatterspike (normally longsword but could be great axe), +1 weapon but it critical hits when striking on objects.

pdragon

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 19, 2019, 08:02:25 PM

What about a ring of water walking?
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Also now managed make mythweavers sheet for Gorex. Link is in the name above the pic.