Raft College (normal college setting) - Recruitment Thread (Always Open)

Started by Heartsink, November 27, 2019, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

Mellific

Public Relations is right up her ally. It's her major, in fact.

Would it be alright for me to say that Kat is the Public Relations Sorority Sister?

O/O | A/A | MM

Bibliophilia

Bekah Boo

Bibliophilia

Can I claim Teddy Sinclair as my face claim, plz?

-giggles at Heri.-

Heartsink

Quote from: Mellific on December 06, 2019, 06:38:59 PM
Public Relations is right up her ally. It's her major, in fact.

Would it be alright for me to say that Kat is the Public Relations Sorority Sister?

Yup, go for it

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 06, 2019, 08:06:52 PM
Can I claim Teddy Sinclair as my face claim, plz?

-giggles at Heri.-

Sure thing, done

CurvyKitten

Hello! I keep peeking at this one and wondering what I can come up with. I have two ideas kind of buzzing around my head. I shall see what I can come up with! Can I please reserve Amy Thunderbolt, and Chloe Bennet for right now? And I shall see what I can come up with.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Gannameade

I would like to claim.

Andrew for Frat Treasurer then..please!!

Mellific

Kat Vandenberg

NAME: Katherine (Kat) Vandenberg
BIRTH AND AGE: 12 December, 1998 (20)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5 ft 6 in (1.67m) / 130 lbs (58.967 kg)
HAIR COLOR: Chestnut brown with golden blonde highlights
EYE COLOR: Icy blue
ETHNICITY: American
GENDER IDENTITY: Female
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
OTHER VISIBLE FEATURES: No distinguishing marks other than the single piercings in her ears and very subtle, closed scars, from an old eyebrow piercing (left brow) and nose piercing.

FACE CLAIM: Elizabeth Gillies

BIRTHPLACE: Upper East Side, New York
RESIDENCE: Off-campus, personal housing in Boston:
The Kensington

MAJOR: Major in Public Relations, Minor in Communication | Sophomore
TUITION PAID BY: Parents are paying for a full ride
STUDENT AFFILIATION: Public Relations Sister for Delta Phi Delta Sorority
  • Brand names/Designer products - Kat only buys name brand products and almost every outfit she owns is designer fashion. She pays attention to trends and enjoys fashion, though it is not an obsession.
  • Getting pampered - Kat frequently takes spa days to recuperate from the week that passed, or to recharge for the week ahead. She is rejuvenated when she is pampered.
  • Gifts - Even though Kat has a lot of material possessions already, she still swoons over receiving gifts from others.
  • Starbucks coffee - Kat not only enjoys coffee, she has to start her day with it. She has a Keurig in her apartment, with Starbucks specific K-cups.
  • Recognition - For Kat, it's not about being in the spotlight. Rather, it's about being recognized and receiving positive attention/validation for her efforts.
DISLIKES:

• Impostors - People who sell fake designer bags out of their trunks? No, sis. And the people who buy them and pass them off as real? Can't relate.
  • Body shaming - Kat is all for body positivity. She doesn't tolerate shame from others and embraces her curves.
  • Getting denied - Not only does this mean rejection, it also means that Kat does not enjoy being denied the things that she wants or expects.
  • Being critiqued - Kat does not like facing her shortcomings or receiving criticism from others.
  • Guilt trips - Being made to feel badly for her actions is not something Kat would respond very well to.

PERSONALITY: Selfish | Materialistic | Impatient | Confident | Bold | Persuasive | Stubborn | Charismatic | Intuitive | Sensitive

BACKGROUND: Kat is the baby of the family, and the only daughter. Her two older brothers are both lawyers, and were pushed into those careers by their parents, who both come from money. Kat never wanted for anything growing up, however, she also never received the attention from her parents that she always craved. A constant, revolving door of nannies were who brought the children up, especially Kat, who is more than a decade younger than her brothers. At this point, her brothers have moved on to bigger and better things. They are both married and starting to have children of their own, now.

Kat is about to enter into her second year of college. Her parents are paying for her entire ride through college at Raft, and they are also housing her off campus, in a high rise apartment building in Boston. Though they were a little skeptical about Raft's reputation and would have preferred making a hefty donation to an ivy league school, in order to try and force the hand of administrators, Kat stubbornly got her way. Frankly, it was a compromise in and of itself. Boston was the farthest away from her parents that they would allow her to go. Travel time (by plane) is less than an hour and a half long. And they fully intend to visit her during the school year again, just like they did during her freshman year.

Funny how now that she's an adult, they finally decide to pay attention to her, isn't it?

LANGUAGE(S) SPOKEN: English.

FRIENDS: (MINIMUM OF FIVE, CAN LEAVE SOME BLANK FOR LATER CONNECTIONS IF YOU WANT)
  • NAME - RELATION TO YOUR CHARACTER, ARE THEY A ROOMMATE? CLASSMATE? CHILDHOOD FRIEND? - AGE - MAJOR/OCCUPATION
  • NAME - RELATION TO YOUR CHARACTER, ARE THEY A ROOMMATE? CLASSMATE? CHILDHOOD FRIEND? - AGE - MAJOR/OCCUPATION

FLAWS:

• Spoiled - Kat is used to getting her way, getting what she wants and getting it when she wants it.
  • Fragile - Though she doesn't necessarily show it often, Kat can be fairly delicate.
  • Stubborn - It is difficult to change Kat's mind on something she has her mind made up about.
  • Impatient - Kat does not enjoy waiting for others and isn't a very patient person.
  • Vain - Appearances mean more to Kat than they probably should.

DESIRED PLOTS:
  • Slice of life
  • Revenge story
  • Frienemies
  • Character growth
  • Unexpected romance

CHARACTER SPECIFIC ONS: Opposites attract, sensuality, seduction, passion
CHARACTER SPECIFIC OFFS: Extreme kinks, abuse, toilet play, humiliation

O/O | A/A | MM

Bibliophilia

Swashbuckler

I am going to go ahead and claim Harry Styles for my second character.

Bibliophilia

Juliet Nicole Dixon

NAME: Juliet Nicole Dixon
BIRTH AND AGE: 12, July 2000 (Age 19)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5 ft 5 in (1.67 m) / 128 lbs (58 kg)
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Green
ETHNICITY: Caucasian/Brazilian
GENDER IDENTITY: Cisfemale
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Pansexual
OTHER VISIBLE FEATURES: Bird skull & botanical black ink tattoo on her back between her shoulders.

FACE CLAIM: Thata Falcao

BIRTHPLACE:  Brazil
RESIDENCE: On-Campus | Mutch Hall
MAJOR: Freshman | Media Studies
TUITION PAID BY: Parents/Self
STUDENT AFFILIATION: Not Yet | Delta Phi Delta Pledge
LIKES: Hiking, Swimming, Knitting, Animals, Sewing, Indie Pop, 90's Alt Rock, True Crime Podcasts, Comfort Food, Gardening, Reading, Writing, Camping, Cars, Football (Soccer)
DISLIKES: Gossip, Black Coffee, Running, Rom-Coms, Country, Politics, Acai Bowls, Kombucha, Negativity, Discrimination, Being Drunk, Bugs

PERSONALITY:
Sweet | Intelligent | Witty | Comfortable | Generous | Laid-Back | Non-Confrontational | Dreamy | Caring

BACKGROUND:
Juliet was born and grew up for half her life in Pelotas, Brazil.  She loved living so near the beach and traveling with her parents, both of which are entertainment and travel writers.  The family, consisting of herself, her parents and her older brother, lived in a blissful bubble until the year Jules turned 12 and her older brother, Martine, died while driving home from a party.  He and his friends had been drinking, and they were going too fast on a curve coastal road when Martine lost control and the car drove off the edge and onto the rocks below.

The tragedy rocked their town, six teenagers all perishing in a single, horrific accident left their community stunned and angry.  Because Martine had been driving, some of the families of the other kids and others in the community blamed the Dixons.  Struggling with their own deep well of grief, the family decided it would be best to move out of Pelotas and start fresh in a new place.  A large part of their decision came down to the bullying that their daughter was receiving from other children, and even some adults.

They moved to Massachusetts in pursuit of new career opportunities, and in the hopes that a radical change would help them all to better cope with their grief.  It took some time, but eventually Jules found herself climbing out of the hole her brother's death had dropped her into, and she began to find pleasure in the new environment her parent's had moved them to.  The changing leaves and eventual snow were novel to her, and she found that she liked bundling up in cozy clothing and eating the hearty foods that cooler weather encouraged.

Each year, her family memorializes her brother on his birthday by donating to charities that educate teenagers about safe drinking habits and taking the day to do something together that Martine would have enjoyed, like going to an amusement park, learning to surf or attending a soccer game.  Their family has healed over time, and their bonds have only grown stronger in the aftermath of their loss.

Juliet's parents now own their own travel and entertainment company, planning exciting trips for their wealthy clients and producing a very successful blog and Youtube channel showing off the beauty and excitement of locations around the world.  Their business allows them to pay for their daughter's tuition to Raft College, though they insisted that she work part-time to cover at least a portion of the cost herself.  So, she handles her own eclectic, mildly successful Youtube channel doing mainly vlogs with some beauty and crafting tutorials.  She also makes some money from her Instagram, and tutors high school students a couple of times a week.

LANGUAGE(S) SPOKEN: Fluent - English & Portuguese | Passable - Spanish

FRIENDS: (MINIMUM OF FIVE, CAN LEAVE SOME BLANK FOR LATER CONNECTIONS IF YOU WANT)

FLAWS:

• Sometimes Insecure - For the most part, Jules has unshakable confidence in herself and her abilities, but when she is around those who she is impressed by, or who make her feel inadequate by comparison, she grows more insecure in herself and her confidence diminishes to the point she grows quieter and might even extract herself from the situation.
  • Excessively Relaxed - Some might view Juliet's disconnection from things that might upset her or make her angry to be selfish and irresponsible, and she'd probably agree.  She refuses to read or watch the news, actively avoids discussion of the 'real world', such as politics and religion, and if she part of a group where the conversation turns too heated or dark, she will make an attempt to change the subject or leave.
  • Procrastinator - Her constantly shifting attention tends to land her in hot water.  She often leaves things until the last minute, then stresses herself out trying to hurry and get them done before they are due/expected.  She's aware this is a problem, but once it's no longer an immediate concern, her nature sets in and she decides to 'start working on it next week'.
  • Low Ambition - Juliet's ambition only goes so far as 'being able to make a living'.  She loves to write and believes she will enjoy writing screenplays, but the idea of having to put in the effort to be some big name in Hollywood - even in the indie film scene - is just too much for her.  She doesn't like the idea of the constant hustle required, the networking needed or the demands that would be placed on her in a more ambitious career.
  • Dabbler - Jules has a hard time finishing anything that isn't required.  She often picks up creative hobbies only to try them out for a couple of weeks, half finish a project, then abandon it for the next thing that catches her eye.  There are exceptions, of course, but even the things she loves fall out of favor for her at times and she often starts a knitting project or writing idea, only to lose interest partway in.

DESIRED PLOTS:
  • Romance - I'm always down for a slow-build relationship with some fun ups-and-downs that really explores the progression from flirtation to love...or loss.
  • Friendship - Some of the best friendships start in college, and it's always fun to pay scenes of people who really know one another and support one another getting up to stuff together.
  • Friction - I'm not generally a fan of manufactured drama or forced rivalries, but organic friction between characters for plausible and fun reasons is always a good time.  Just as long as it remains a spice added to the main dish, and doesn't start overpowering everything.
  • Tutoring/Helping - Jules is totally available for helping out another student with one of their classes, as long as it is something she's good at.  Generally, that would be anything writing/reading related, maybe helping someone learn Portuguese or Spanish, or even teaching someone one of the crafts she's good at.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC ONS: Jules is pretty open to most things not listed in her offs, and she's a fairly adventurous lover who likes spicing things up.  If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up and we can discuss things!
CHARACTER SPECIFIC OFFS: Scat, Gore, Vore, Humiliation/Degredation, Pregnancy, Hardcore S&M, Bestiality, Infantilism

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 07, 2019, 12:23:31 PM
Juliet Nicole Dixon

NAME: Juliet Nicole Dixon
BIRTH AND AGE: 12, July 2000 (Age 19)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5 ft 5 in (1.67 m) / 128 lbs (58 kg)
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Green
ETHNICITY: Caucasian/Brazilian
GENDER IDENTITY: Cisfemale
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Pansexual
OTHER VISIBLE FEATURES: Bird skull & botanical black ink tattoo on her back between her shoulders.

FACE CLAIM: Thata Falcao

BIRTHPLACE:  Brazil
RESIDENCE: On-Campus | Mutch Hall
MAJOR: Freshman | Media Studies
TUITION PAID BY: Parents/Self
STUDENT AFFILIATION: Not Yet | Delta Phi Delta Pledge
LIKES: Hiking, Swimming, Knitting, Animals, Sewing, Indie Pop, 90's Alt Rock, True Crime Podcasts, Comfort Food, Gardening, Reading, Writing, Camping, Cars, Football (Soccer)
DISLIKES: Gossip, Black Coffee, Running, Rom-Coms, Country, Politics, Acai Bowls, Kombucha, Negativity, Discrimination, Being Drunk, Bugs

PERSONALITY:
Sweet | Intelligent | Witty | Comfortable | Generous | Laid-Back | Non-Confrontational | Dreamy | Caring

BACKGROUND:
Juliet was born and grew up for half her life in Pelotas, Brazil.  She loved living so near the beach and traveling with her parents, both of which are entertainment and travel writers.  The family, consisting of herself, her parents and her older brother, lived in a blissful bubble until the year Jules turned 12 and her older brother, Martine, died while driving home from a party.  He and his friends had been drinking, and they were going too fast on a curve coastal road when Martine lost control and the car drove off the edge and onto the rocks below.

The tragedy rocked their town, six teenagers all perishing in a single, horrific accident left their community stunned and angry.  Because Martine had been driving, some of the families of the other kids and others in the community blamed the Dixons.  Struggling with their own deep well of grief, the family decided it would be best to move out of Pelotas and start fresh in a new place.  A large part of their decision came down to the bullying that their daughter was receiving from other children, and even some adults.

They moved to Massachusetts in pursuit of new career opportunities, and in the hopes that a radical change would help them all to better cope with their grief.  It took some time, but eventually Jules found herself climbing out of the hole her brother's death had dropped her into, and she began to find pleasure in the new environment her parent's had moved them to.  The changing leaves and eventual snow were novel to her, and she found that she liked bundling up in cozy clothing and eating the hearty foods that cooler weather encouraged.

Each year, her family memorializes her brother on his birthday by donating to charities that educate teenagers about safe drinking habits and taking the day to do something together that Martine would have enjoyed, like going to an amusement park, learning to surf or attending a soccer game.  Their family has healed over time, and their bonds have only grown stronger in the aftermath of their loss.

Juliet's parents now own their own travel and entertainment company, planning exciting trips for their wealthy clients and producing a very successful blog and Youtube channel showing off the beauty and excitement of locations around the world.  Their business allows them to pay for their daughter's tuition to Raft College, though they insisted that she work part-time to cover at least a portion of the cost herself.  So, she handles her own eclectic, mildly successful Youtube channel doing mainly vlogs with some beauty and crafting tutorials.  She also makes some money from her Instagram, and tutors high school students a couple of times a week.

LANGUAGE(S) SPOKEN: Fluent - English & Portuguese | Passable - Spanish

FLAWS:

• Sometimes Insecure - For the most part, Jules has unshakable confidence in herself and her abilities, but when she is around those who she is impressed by, or who make her feel inadequate by comparison, she grows more insecure in herself and her confidence diminishes to the point she grows quieter and might even extract herself from the situation.
  • Excessively Relaxed - Some might view Juliet's disconnection from things that might upset her or make her angry to be selfish and irresponsible, and she'd probably agree.  She refuses to read or watch the news, actively avoids discussion of the 'real world', such as politics and religion, and if she part of a group where the conversation turns too heated or dark, she will make an attempt to change the subject or leave.
  • Procrastinator - Her constantly shifting attention tends to land her in hot water.  She often leaves things until the last minute, then stresses herself out trying to hurry and get them done before they are due/expected.  She's aware this is a problem, but once it's no longer an immediate concern, her nature sets in and she decides to 'start working on it next week'.
  • Low Ambition - Juliet's ambition only goes so far as 'being able to make a living'.  She loves to write and believes she will enjoy writing screenplays, but the idea of having to put in the effort to be some big name in Hollywood - even in the indie film scene - is just too much for her.  She doesn't like the idea of the constant hustle required, the networking needed or the demands that would be placed on her in a more ambitious career.
  • Dabbler - Jules has a hard time finishing anything that isn't required.  She often picks up creative hobbies only to try them out for a couple of weeks, half finish a project, then abandon it for the next thing that catches her eye.  There are exceptions, of course, but even the things she loves fall out of favor for her at times and she often starts a knitting project or writing idea, only to lose interest partway in.

DESIRED PLOTS:
  • Romance - I'm always down for a slow-build relationship with some fun ups-and-downs that really explores the progression from flirtation to love...or loss.
  • Friendship - Some of the best friendships start in college, and it's always fun to pay scenes of people who really know one another and support one another getting up to stuff together.
  • Friction - I'm not generally a fan of manufactured drama or forced rivalries, but organic friction between characters for plausible and fun reasons is always a good time.  Just as long as it remains a spice added to the main dish, and doesn't start overpowering everything.
  • Tutoring/Helping - Jules is totally available for helping out another student with one of their classes, as long as it is something she's good at.  Generally, that would be anything writing/reading related, maybe helping someone learn Portuguese or Spanish, or even teaching someone one of the crafts she's good at.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC ONS: Jules is pretty open to most things not listed in her offs, and she's a fairly adventurous lover who likes spicing things up.  If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up and we can discuss things!
CHARACTER SPECIFIC OFFS: Scat, Gore, Vore, Humiliation/Degredation, Pregnancy, Hardcore S&M, Bestiality, Infantilism

Her and Elisa are gonna make some delicious spanish food and enjoy lots of awesomeness!

Bibliophilia

-squeaks and giggles.-  Yes, Saki!

Thanks, Crash.  I've been wanting to use her for ages.

Aiden

Declaring interest

Face claim Christian Lee Navarro

Now to think of a character concept.

Bibliophilia

Wolfling72

stares at Bibs character longingly Such a cutie patootie
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Bekah Boo

Finally settled on a FC, could I reserve McKenna Kaelin? I should have a full sheet by tomorrow ;3

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bekah Boo

For approval obviously ;3

Madeleine Sofia Fournier

NAME: Madeleine Sofia Fournier | Maddy| Sofia
BIRTH AND AGE: 18 November, 1998 (Age 20)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5 ft 3 in (1.60 m) / 110 lbs (49.89 kg)
HAIR COLOR: Naturally dark brown| Makes a habit of changing on a whim| Current pale silver
EYE COLOR: Dark oak
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
GENDER IDENTITY: Female
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Pan Sexual
OTHER VISIBLE FEATURES: Industrial bars in both ears| Light Freckles across her nose

FACE CLAIM: Mckenna Kaelin

BIRTHPLACE: Bordeaux, France
RESIDENCE: On Campus| Mutch Hall
MAJOR: Drama| Sophomore
TUITION PAID BY: Parents are paying along with a scholarship Madeleine was given
STUDENT AFFILIATION: TBD
LIKES: Musicals| Cosplay| Theater| Boba Tea| Baked goods|Dapper Sundays|Foxes| Mood music
DISLIKES: Humidity| Dry weather| Bland food| Bland people

PERSONALITY: Bubbly| Eccentric| Over dramatic| Overly Affectionate| Caring| Naive (in some areas)

BACKGROUND:
Born in Bordeaux, France to an school teacher and author Madeleine's life could be seen as comfortable. Stability, large estate that she and her siblings often got into trouble in, the lap of luxury; the little silver spoon in her mouth is fairly easy to spot. The arts had always been a large portion of the family's business starting from her mother who's early career had been on broadway until her retirement, and her father's well to do fantasy novels that allowed his family to live comfortably. From a young age Madeleine's zest for life as well as bright presence made it little doubt the girl would follow in her mother's footsteps, as by the time she was 10 the bubbly girl had already auditioned for a number of minor roles for plays within the city. Actually breaking out from 'understudy' to big time actress however was what spurred on Madeleine's request for higher learning, and in the States of all places.

Naturally there was some confusion as to why, after all there were a number of brilliant institutes closer to home. Though when pressed Madeleine admitted a part of the request was to experience the States and other peers her age, that the experience would further round out her profile if she wished to be as grand as her mother. Reluctantly her parents agreed despite how distant Madeleine's choice would take her, having their blessings none the less and of course their worry. A university campus in the States was a far cry from the rigid boarding schools in which Madeleine had spent her schooling, but after a year she seemed happy, so of course her worried parents felt a least a little ease for their oldest daughter.

LANGUAGE(S) SPOKEN:Fluent in French| English (does fumble at times)

FRIENDS:

FLAWS:

• Overly Affectionate - At times Madeleine can be overbearing to those around her as she invades personal spaces without a thought, that while she means well, it can be seen as invasive and has been scolded a number of times for it. She often will have to catch herself from throwing herself at a person even if she is not acquainted with them.While Madeleine does not see this as overtly sexual she can often send the wrong signal with pecks to the cheeks or even lips, usually thinking of nothing to hang off of others as she goes about conversation.
  • Language Barriers - Even though her grasp of English is better than it had been when she first came to the states Madeleine still struggles with verbal misuse from time to time, usually involving slang or any sort of hyperbole. This often will result in misunderstanding as well as confusion, but after time she'll catch on.
  • Self doubt - Often times, usually following a botched branch of friendship, Madeleine will feel as though she may never fully understand the American life. With so much to learn and the massive learning curve the pockets of doubt if she can indeed make it in the states does creep up. Thankfully it's not as often as it had been before, but still does creep it's head up every once and a while.
  • Easily influenced - Due to Madeleine's rather innocent perspective of things it isn't too difficult to persuade her into something, whether it is a social fax pas or disguised as 'fun'. That while she may question the motive those with a sharp tongue may find it easy to take advantage of her kind and caring nature.
  • Diving in headfirst - Madeleine lives for the spontaneous thrill of things, as she will often leap before she looks-Which is how she broke an ankle once- She needs little coaxing to dive into things that may need a little more thought, or to actually listen to the little voice in her head ringing like crazy. It's landed her in a few sticky situations at times and rather than learn from them, well...she just repeats the cycle.

DESIRED PLOTS:
  • Fun experiences| Friendships| Relationships| Mischief

CHARACTER SPECIFIC ONS: Nuzzling|Teasing| Playful banter| Affection
CHARACTER SPECIFIC OFFS: Bathroom play| Excessive violence (unless discussed prior)| Puke

Lovely Complex

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋