Ultimate marvel interest check

Started by fallensaviour, June 18, 2011, 08:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallensaviour

I have an idea or two for a serial comic book style story set in the marvel 1610 (ultimate) universe set after ultimatium (around curent time frame (death of spider-man)), i would prefer original characters. and i will more than likely be using the mutants and masterminds 3rd edition system unless people prefer free form.

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

1SAZ

I'll take a crack at it. Been a while since I kept up with the Ultimate story line, but still interested in it.

Angel Fire

I have not read the Ultimate storyline and I would not mind a system game (if someone can teach me the rules) but I would like to play my own version of Firestar (she would be a OC) if that is all right with you all.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Kolbrandr

what would the power level and point totals you have in mind be?

fallensaviour

power level 10,
storm was last seen alive cradling a dead/dying cyclops (he was assasinated on the white house steps at the end of ultimatium)
and liz allen is alive and well... in california last time she was seen former mutant hating person till she found out she was a mutant...and she'd been going to school with spidey...and dated johney storm 2x

but again i'd prefer original characters to canon ones...

Muse

I'm quite fond of original character superhero games with systems and quality roll players.  I am not, however, well versed in this setting, and I'm still learning M&M 3rd.  (I did fine in second.) 

If you'll bare with a newb, I'd love too. 

A few things you might want to address include what kinds of sexual content you want too include and how often you'd like too post. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

fallensaviour

true, hmm i believe sex shouldnt be the focus of the game, but if it happens i'm not going to stop it...random villians might break it up but yea :P and for those not versed in the setting...

this should be able to help people with backstory on ultimate verse

1SAZ

Well, keep in mind that sex does occur for plot reasons in the Ultimate storyline, so there is that.

Also, I have a few ideas for characters rattling around in my noggin, so I'll hold off on picking one of them till everyone else has tossed in their concepts.

Callie Del Noire

Don't suppose I could play Spidergirl?

I'd prefer M&M 2e though. :(

fallensaviour

...again i was looking for original chars, not the ones from the universe already...

and you want to play peter's genderswapped clone?

JDrew Spider

Oc's are fine by me, but I'm not familiar with systems..
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

1SAZ

I'll be happy to help anyone who doesn't know 3e with character building if Fallen can teach the gameplay bits.

fallensaviour

i can fake my way through it enough :D

1SAZ

Fair enough sir, fair enough.

So, would you like to put up a character sheet of some sort? Something to either help us figure out our OCs or to actually build our OCs. I know I have a general idea now that I've worked through my collection of concepts till I figured out which one would actually fit in the Ultimates-verse. :P

fallensaviour

1SAZ

I meant a sheet to post on here. Or a template of how you would like us to set up our characters for you to go over. Whichever. haha

fallensaviour

actually apparently one of the tabs on there outputs in a template for posting on forums

1SAZ

Oh, well that's convenient. I normally use Hero Lab's demo mode to make my character, but I'll give that a shot.

fallensaviour

hero lab is easier, but not free ;p

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 19, 2011, 01:01:10 AM
...again i was looking for original chars, not the ones from the universe already...

and you want to play peter's genderswapped clone?

Always felt she was under utilized. 

Hero lab I have all the 2nd edition stuff, never got 3rd edition.

Foxy DeVille

When you say original as opposed to canon, would that be completely original or would Ultimate version of mainstream Marvel characters that don't have an Ultimate version yet be acceptable? Also, are we all going to be heroes? Will we be an official team? Where do babies come from? Does this outfit make me look fat? Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. how about one of Otto's other experiments? Someone he cobbled together from 'borrowed' samples for the  CIA but got lost during the Ultimatum event. So you got a supersoldier with no recall of her past and the power of someone with the supersoldier formula in her veins. :D

I got the MM3e stuff unlocked on my copy of hero lab but I'm NOT sure of the system as I am with 2e and as a result not sure if I can cobble up a Ultimate super soldier.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 19, 2011, 10:02:13 AM
When you say original as opposed to canon, would that be completely original or would Ultimate version of mainstream Marvel characters that don't have an Ultimate version yet be acceptable? Also, are we all going to be heroes? Will we be an official team? Where do babies come from? Does this outfit make me look fat? Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?
foxy, i like the way you think who'd you have in mind? and remember to push the orgin story so they'd be getting started around 2000-2001 cause thats about where the timeline is. also no scarlet spider or ms marvel...they're secret identity names are in universe already as dr conners then dr octavious's reasearch assistant and head of shield respectivly... i'd prefer heroes, and if you're an official team i'm thinking more defenders level than xmen or ultimates level ie, you may individually have skills, but you havnt really had time to practice the teamwork bit yet

and callie i'm interested in your idea, pm me some more details

Callie Del Noire