News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayenne

Currently following...

World Trigger (Honestly, I wish they'd get a bigger budget or something, and stop filling the episode with mostly flashback)
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (Was reading the Manga, it is sorta fun to see them in motion and colour - but they are moving FAST through the story)
Uta no Prince Sama (This is sorta dumb in kinda pleasing at times ways)
Baby Steps (Makes me want to play tennis, it's a rather super technical sports anime where they talk about techniques and strange super-powers)

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 17, 2015, 11:18:45 AM
Anyone here watched Plastic Memories? If so, how fast did the feels train hit you?

Plastic Memories.   It was pretty obvious from the start what a lot of the beats of this story was going to be.  It is a pretty cruel business they have going where they leave these synthetic people for so long that they become hopelessly intertwined and then remove them, and wipe them clean because they have this shelf life that isn't really explained.

Gunslinger Stratos (Is sorta fun right now, I'm not sure where it stands so I'm giving it some time to fully explain itself before I decide if I keep watching - currently two episodes in)
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Sama (Super guilty pleasure - it is a fun show!)
Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? (Feels like a guilty pleasure too - very power fantasy orientated - but that is what Japan is really good at)
Nisekoi (Coming back for it's second season - don't really feel like any over arching plot has taken hold yet)
MY love STORY!! (OH MY GOSH YES, SO GOOD - and painful  :P )
Rin-ne (Not sure if I'm going to follow, but yanno, the creator of Ranma so it deserves a look!)
Sound! Euphonium (Sorta into the guilty pleasure side for me, I really like anime about tasks - like sports, or music or what-have-you~)
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Yukina

What's even more sad is that the female lead is hinted to be past that shelf life and is on the path of her programming slowly degrading.... :(

Cayenne

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 18, 2015, 09:09:37 AM
What's even more sad is that the female lead is hinted to be past that shelf life and is on the path of her programming slowly degrading.... :(

I hold out my opinion of what is going to happen at the end, I imagine it's totally possible that they might discover the degrading process is not really the end - or some bitter sweet ending where she has no regrets.  Who knows!  I knew her number was up soon right from the beginning of how everyone was treating her - so I wasn't too surprised when they finally revealed it~ 

I mean, there are many tropes that could be used.  Like the "You do this you'll forget everything!" and then somehow, some memory remains that triggers all of them to come back! Yay happy ending!  Still though - it should be interesting to see what they decided to go with in the end, and how dark they make it before it all concludes~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Yukina

Quote from: Cayenne on April 18, 2015, 10:10:51 AM
I hold out my opinion of what is going to happen at the end, I imagine it's totally possible that they might discover the degrading process is not really the end - or some bitter sweet ending where she has no regrets.  Who knows!  I knew her number was up soon right from the beginning of how everyone was treating her - so I wasn't too surprised when they finally revealed it~ 

I mean, there are many tropes that could be used.  Like the "You do this you'll forget everything!" and then somehow, some memory remains that triggers all of them to come back! Yay happy ending!  Still though - it should be interesting to see what they decided to go with in the end, and how dark they make it before it all concludes~

Very much agreed.

Matttheman89

Are there any Dragonball fans out there besides me?  I can't wait to see the new movie.  :-)

Mikem

Okay so, I watched this a long while ago, but it deserves a giant mention, especially cause it's one of the few that actually made me cry like a bitch at the end. Really. This has a seriously emotional subplot that's completely contradictory to the classic comedy this tries to be.

Angel Beats

http://wallfor.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2192_angel_beats!.jpg
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Angelic Kitten

Rather fond of Log Horizon, reminds me a little of world of warcraft.
I'm watching the end of the second season on the anime network,

Was also following Kantai Collecion, online

(shrugs)

Cayenne

Quote from: Angelic Kitten on April 19, 2015, 08:22:18 PM
Rather fond of Log Horizon, reminds me a little of world of warcraft.
I'm watching the end of the second season on the anime network,

Was also following Kantai Collecion, online

(shrugs)

Yah Log Horizon! First season was super duper~ Second season was pretty good - as they changed production companies I noticed a very deep drop in quality of animation and overall presentation.

I just looked at Kantai Collection, it seems sorta cute~

ONs & OFF

Drake Valentine

Currently watching Orawi no Seraph - Vampire anime. Basically vampires wipe out most of humanity down to 1/10th population and the survivors are trying to rebuild/fight vampires. This is a seriously dark anime to the point of graphic murder of adolescents. At least in the first episode; but I wouldn't be surprise where things may tumble from there.

Kekkie Sensen(sp?) - Not sure how to put this one into context, it is weird. Mostly a certain city enveloped in supernatural fog with paranormal creatures/monsters running rampant.. Really, not sure how to describe it, but I believe going by the style it is from the same maker of Kill La Kill or whatever that anime was with the barely clad girl fighting and destroying opponents clothing. It has the cheesy display of writing for super attacks and what not as that one did and art is similar as well.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Angelic Kitten

Was watching Diabolik Lover.

Love the artwork, but i find the story line a little disturbing and twisted.... sorta like a guilty pleasure.  I know it's wrong to watch, and then i watch it anyway.

>.<

Jag

Quote from: Matttheman89 on April 19, 2015, 02:30:29 PM
Are there any Dragonball fans out there besides me?  I can't wait to see the new movie.  :-)

I own every episode from DB to GT and every movie. I also have a set of crystal Dragonballs. ^^

Which movie are you talking about? I haven't been keeping up with DB news lately. Last one I saw was Battle of the Gods (got my DVD for around March of last year I think).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lynnette

Hi guys~

My current "watching list" is a bit too long to enlist, I have a bad tendency of almost finishing shows then just kind of forgetting about them. However, out of the things I'm ACTIVELY following, I believe the only things of this season would be

DanMachi (Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?) (3/? Up-to-date) - I have mixed opinions. It feels very much like SAO, which I'm not sure if I can appreciate or not as someone who didn't really like SAO. I think my biggest problem with it though would be Hestia as a character. I don't like her, and I have no idea how she has gotten this massive following. Beyond that though, I like Kirit- Bell to some extent, he's alright and all, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary, he feels too much like a copy-paste of Kirito, but maybe I'm just feeling that way since they share the same VA. Animation is nothing special but fits with the feeling of the show, in my personal opinion anyways.

Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars!) (3/? Up-to-date) I'm enjoying it for what it is, simple as that. Doesn't look like it'll be anything amazing, but it's fun for what it is and I look forward to following it. I'm pretty useless in the kitchen, so the cooking doesn't really apply to me and they could be pulling logic out of their ass and I'd still be swallowing it blindly.

Seraph of the End (1/? Not up-to-date) Was an alright start, I dunno what to say really, I don't really like how they tried to be all gritty and dramatic already in the first episode.
minor spoilers for episode 1
I don't think what they did, killing off the other orphans was really necessary for anything else than to create a "I want to kill them all" motivation for the MC, something I don't really appreciate.
Besides this, I was having a lot of framerate issues that I don't think was related to the streaming service I used. It was lagging, and it felt like it was the frame-transitions that were at fault, not the video file itself.

I have a few more additions to make eventually, but for now, this is all I'm really watching. Planning on watching Nisekoi: (Nisekoi second season), Fate/Stay Night UBW 2015 and possibly a few other shows though, depending on my mood.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Yukina

I completed Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam today. Boy were the last few episodes sad. :(

Lynnette

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 21, 2015, 11:42:07 AM
I completed Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam today. Boy were the last few episodes sad. :(

Where does Zeta place in the UC (Universal Century) timeline? I'm not the most educated on gundam having seen very few of the shows, but it's roughly in the middle if I'm not wrong?
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Cayenne

I started Watching Fate Stay Night on Crunchyroll, only to discover it wasn't the original and that I was then up to date with something that was currently airing.  I'd never seen it before and sorta wanted to take it in since so many people were over-the-moon about it.  I saw the cute Fate series, which didn't really prepare me for the darkness of the rest of it - especially since I started looking at Fate Zero (First episode has some real downers in it).

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 21, 2015, 11:33:28 AM
Hi guys~

My current "watching list" is a bit too long to enlist, I have a bad tendency of almost finishing shows then just kind of forgetting about them. However, out of the things I'm ACTIVELY following, I believe the only things of this season would be

DanMachi (Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?) (3/? Up-to-date) - I have mixed opinions. It feels very much like SAO, which I'm not sure if I can appreciate or not as someone who didn't really like SAO. I think my biggest problem with it though would be Hestia as a character. I don't like her, and I have no idea how she has gotten this massive following. Beyond that though, I like Kirit- Bell to some extent, he's alright and all, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary, he feels too much like a copy-paste of Kirito, but maybe I'm just feeling that way since they share the same VA. Animation is nothing special but fits with the feeling of the show, in my personal opinion anyways.

Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars!) (3/? Up-to-date) I'm enjoying it for what it is, simple as that. Doesn't look like it'll be anything amazing, but it's fun for what it is and I look forward to following it. I'm pretty useless in the kitchen, so the cooking doesn't really apply to me and they could be pulling logic out of their ass and I'd still be swallowing it blindly.

Seraph of the End (1/? Not up-to-date) Was an alright start, I dunno what to say really, I don't really like how they tried to be all gritty and dramatic already in the first episode.
minor spoilers for episode 1
I don't think what they did, killing off the other orphans was really necessary for anything else than to create a "I want to kill them all" motivation for the MC, something I don't really appreciate.
Besides this, I was having a lot of framerate issues that I don't think was related to the streaming service I used. It was lagging, and it felt like it was the frame-transitions that were at fault, not the video file itself.

I have a few more additions to make eventually, but for now, this is all I'm really watching. Planning on watching Nisekoi: (Nisekoi second season), Fate/Stay Night UBW 2015 and possibly a few other shows though, depending on my mood.

I'm still waiting for DanMachi to prove itself, currently it is pretty so I continue to watch it, but they haven't completely sold me.

ONs & OFF

Lynnette

Quote from: Cayenne on April 21, 2015, 11:48:25 AM
I started Watching Fate Stay Night on Crunchyroll, only to discover it wasn't the original and that I was then up to date with something that was currently airing.  I'd never seen it before and sorta wanted to take it in since so many people were over-the-moon about it.  I saw the cute Fate series, which didn't really prepare me for the darkness of the rest of it - especially since I started looking at Fate Zero (First episode has some real downers in it).

I'm still waiting for DanMachi to prove itself, currently it is pretty so I continue to watch it, but they haven't completely sold me.

Yeah Carneval Phantasm as the happy-go-lucky episodes are called is just a gag-spinoff, so it's not really relevant for anything, it just pulls together a lot of the characters from the Type Moon universe.

As far as the "Real" fate series goes though, there are a lot of mixed opinions on where to start and all that. Personally, I'd recommend starting with Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works (2014), skipping the original and the movie of the alternative VN-line completely. Instead, watch the new release and watch the currently airing season. After that, go over to Fate/Zero. The reason behind this is that F/SN is a lot more entry-friendly. Since everything that is introduced is seen through the eyes of an idiot, it's a lot easier to grasp than the more complex storytelling of Fate/Zero. When done, go over to Fate/Zero, and then you're all caught up adaptation-wise. Unless you're an elitist prick who want it on their MAL and hence watched the original just to have it on your list, but I recommend strongly against that.

Other than that, you should check out Kara No Kyoukai if you have the taste for more. Completely different storyline, but same universe and writer :D

And yeah, I agree, DanMachi isn't anything amazing, I'm enjoying it, but it's purely leaning back on old-school dungeon-crawler nostalgia for me.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Yukina

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 21, 2015, 11:46:10 AM
Where does Zeta place in the UC (Universal Century) timeline? I'm not the most educated on gundam having seen very few of the shows, but it's roughly in the middle if I'm not wrong?

You are correct. It kinda does. Not counting ovas, the timeline goes "Gundam>Zeta Gundam>Gundam ZZ>Char's Counterattack".

Cayenne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 21, 2015, 11:54:36 AM
Yeah Carneval Phantasm as the happy-go-lucky episodes are called is just a gag-spinoff, so it's not really relevant for anything, it just pulls together a lot of the characters from the Type Moon universe.

As far as the "Real" fate series goes though, there are a lot of mixed opinions on where to start and all that. Personally, I'd recommend starting with Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works (2014), skipping the original and the movie of the alternative VN-line completely. Instead, watch the new release and watch the currently airing season. After that, go over to Fate/Zero. The reason behind this is that F/SN is a lot more entry-friendly. Since everything that is introduced is seen through the eyes of an idiot, it's a lot easier to grasp than the more complex storytelling of Fate/Zero. When done, go over to Fate/Zero, and then you're all caught up adaptation-wise. Unless you're an elitist prick who want it on their MAL and hence watched the original just to have it on your list, but I recommend strongly against that.

Other than that, you should check out Kara No Kyoukai if you have the taste for more. Completely different storyline, but same universe and writer :D

And yeah, I agree, DanMachi isn't anything amazing, I'm enjoying it, but it's purely leaning back on old-school dungeon-crawler nostalgia for me.

I watch a lot of things just if they have interesting worlds the characters exist in.  DanMachi is pretty interesting, this whole Goddess separation thing.  I did watch the entire first season of Sword Art Online (The first story was really good in my opinion, the second was dumb - and I watched the next arc of season 2 and found it equally shruggable sorta, throw characters under the bus so that the main guy can continue to be over-powered)

The Fate series about Illya and her clone was pretty entertaining.  I'm 15 Episodes into the 2014 series, but I really just wanted to have the whole story in my head - and now I'm playing the waiting game (Not sure how many episodes they are getting, I'm assuming 24ish..)  I tend not to like things that are overly dark and bleak - Zero seems kinda down that alley - though I didn't have particular difficulty following what was going on.  I realize that they are following different routes from the visual novel with each series - my understanding is that this isn't a remake of the original but just one of other paths that could be taken.

I do like a lot of fun worlds like Fairy Tail for guilds and Naruto for the struggle between countries and whatnot.   The Fate series has some interesting thoughts in it as well, I especially like how there are different versions of each of the main things - like different assassins and whatnot.

ONs & OFF

Matttheman89

Quote from: Jagerin on April 21, 2015, 09:33:48 AM
I own every episode from DB to GT and every movie. I also have a set of crystal Dragonballs. ^^

Which movie are you talking about? I haven't been keeping up with DB news lately. Last one I saw was Battle of the Gods (got my DVD for around March of last year I think).

Resurrection of F is the title (I think? It'll probably be changed when it makes it's way to America.), and it's about Frieza being brought back to life to cause trouble again.

Jag

Quote from: Matttheman89 on April 21, 2015, 01:27:16 PM
Resurrection of F is the title (I think? It'll probably be changed when it makes it's way to America.), and it's about Frieza being brought back to life to cause trouble again.

Oh yeah! That one. My husband mentioned it, but I haven't really looked much into it. I really wish they'd just leave Frieza be. There are more interesting villains (strong ones too) if they are going to resurrect someone.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Dimir

For those of you who have seen most or all of Sailor Moon Crystal (I have only seen the first two episodes), is it worth it to watch all of them? I've just seen different online fanbase reactions.
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 20, 2015, 05:57:47 PM
Currently watching Orawi no Seraph - Vampire anime. Basically vampires wipe out most of humanity down to 1/10th population and the survivors are trying to rebuild/fight vampires. This is a seriously dark anime to the point of graphic murder of adolescents. At least in the first episode; but I wouldn't be surprise where things may tumble from there.

Im always wary about Vampire books and animes and shows and such since in my opinion they make them too OP. I think Blade got it just right.

Im still waiting for the day we see a WWZ but with vampires. But in your opinion Drake, how would you rank it?

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 21, 2015, 05:09:17 PM
Im always wary about Vampire books and animes and shows and such since in my opinion they make them too OP. I think Blade got it just right.

Im still waiting for the day we see a WWZ but with vampires. But in your opinion Drake, how would you rank it?

I dunno, there has only been three episodes of it so far. The vampires didn't seem to have any supernatural powers(of course this is from first few episodes) beyond strength/speed/regeneration.

Plus there aren't just vampires in series, there are other beasts/fiends preying on humans, but only saw one in one episode so maybe they are at best filler.

I enjoyed the first episode though, I did not like how it deviated from that as the following next two didn't seem as dark/gritty overall, plus things had a huge left turn feel to them of the direction it seemed to had been originally going.

If I had to rate it, so far.
Episode 1.  10
Episode 2.  5.5
Episode 3.  5.5

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sasquatch421

Now watching Freezing: Vibration....

Cayenne

Started whittling down the animes as they progress!

Dropping.
Dropping Plastic Memories for the time being - not getting a huge pull to continue anymore.
Dropped Uto no Prince Sama - Too much magical, not enough substance!
Dropped Wish Upon the Pleiades - Nothing really stood out to me or captured me about it.

Wishywashy
Sound Euphonium - Giving it the benefit as things of the story haven't switched into gear, hopefully it'll reveal itself by the next episode.
Rin-Ne - It is fun, yet feels kinda vacant at times (Like I've encountered the characters before) Going to give it a little more time~
Gunslinger Stratos - There's nobody I really like here, not sure how much longer I'll continue to watch

Keeping
Baby Steps - Still great! Very detailed about the sport it involves without needing to lean on magic.
World Trigger - Aside from the fact there might only be 10 minutes of new content per episode - I still think it is interesting.
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - This is a fun show honestly, orgasmic foods and actual cooking tips scattered in makes it overall pretty good.
Fate Stay Night (2014) - Not that I particularly like bleak anime, I generally tend to avoid it - but I'm invested this far, even though it seems overly insurmountable for the main characters at the moment.

Currently only looking at series that my crunchyroll subscription covers - not sure what is super good that I'm missing out of the new crop.

ONs & OFF