Outlaws Flight -Infinity's New Beginning (LGBTQA friendly Space adventure)

Started by CurvyKitten, January 03, 2016, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

INFORMATION AND FAQ

The Pirates original ship before crash.

This will be a sandbox style game, motivated by plot and character interaction. The main characters will be a band of space pirates and smugglers that work the trade between planets for a profit. You may come from any of the planet collectives, but have to have a reason for now being a pirate.

Their ship will be crash landing on the planet that Alice's ship is on, due to a deal gone bad. And that is where our story begins. From there they will face, having to make a living, being hunted, kidnappings, aliens, military attacks, and any number of things depending on how you all influence the story. The Infinity will be evolving through the game, each mission will add to it in some way. This edition will be voted on and added to the main look and design of the ship. The story and your choices will literally affect how the Infinity ends up looking and being able to do. In the end this is your story, and you choose the path it takes. Will you remain simple pirates on the run, join a planet collective, or become hero's of the known Galaxy?

1. What species can I play?
You can play humans, but they can be genetically enhanced in some way. Anything to crazy will be denied or asked to be edited though. No animal DNA (sorry no cat girls here), and any genetic changes are limited to physical attributes and looks.  Genetic defects, such as addiction, are corrected in the womb. A genetic altered or adapted individual is designed to be perfect in respect to health, beauty, and intelligence. Their genetic advantage allows them a much longer life than the average human, as any congenial genetic defects are 'corrected'.

2. What will be the main characters you are looking to be played.
This game will be based on a pirate crew that will be forced to land or crash on the planet that Alice is one. So we are looking for that crew only. You can be from any of the planetary collectives, but you need to have a reason of why you've become part of this ship.

3. What roles are needed for the ship?
Captain, second in command, security, communications, doctor, mechanic, rigger, and anything that could logically be on a Pirate ship.

4. Are we allowed pets?
Yes, BUT within reason. Again, anything too crazy will be denied or asked to be edited.

5. How will the game pace be?
Now my idea is setting it up in "Episodes or Chapters" so to speak, and each chapter has one main event (missions, trouble, repairs....) and then free play for before and during that event. Once we have a event finished, we move on to the next time chapter. You can all have reactions to how the last chapter ended in the beginning of the next one. Some chapter takes longer than others, and that is fine :)

6. Can we contribute ideas for the Main events?
Totally! If you have a mission idea, and encounter or whatever feel free to run it by me. I can either work it in and event or possibly let you run it, if we agree and it's something you want to run. :) Always open to input and ideas!

7. What tech level, are we working with?
Think Farscape or guardians of the galaxy, even firefly works. Far in the future where space travel is normal, some tech will be better than others obviously, but I'm open to most things as long as it's not game breaking :)

8. Terren has strict blood line ideals, does this mean there could be birth defects?
Yes, there can be, though most of those born with any noticeable defect are normally killed. (but everyone has their secrets)

9. Both planetary collectives have men and woman, you can play a male from Mejere or a woman from Terren. But you do have to take into account the different social standings within their respective planetary collectives.

10. Can I make a PC like Alice?
No the tech to make a human in such a way or with such genetic alterations was lost when the collective think tank was destroyed. She is in fact one of a kind.

Captains last entry, a hint at the story line and log you may encounter.

The old gritty recording begins to play when an unrecorded Human activates the captains console. The recording is a bit broken up, and the image reveals an older man looking as if he had been through a rough life.

Begin recording, I don't honestly know the date, but that doesn't really matter. We've been on this unmarked planet for nearly 2 years now. What was left of our crew scrapping what they could together to survive. The planet has proven more hostile than our first scans revealed, but it’s to be expected with a planet able to survive this close to Void space. It wasn't the best choice, but given the circumstances, it was our only choice. The Infinity was damaged beyond repair, and Alice was unconscious due to her connection with it. I wish it could have been avoided, the pain she must have been in.... ~ he looks guilty, but shakes it off~

But this log is not for that, guilty as I feel she is alive and free and that was what matters. If you’re seeing this you've found her, no doubt alone as the planet’s atmosphere is killing us. The ship is repairing it, but without the materials needed there is only so much that can be done. Alice has pulled what parts of the wreckage survive the initial crash, it may not be enough, but we are trying to find a way to produce more as well.

You can see all this in the logs, the repair of the ship will continue even after we are all gone. Alice and Infinity are trying, but our human bodies were already poisoned the moment we crashed. The crash...I suppose I should start there. Explain how we got here, so you can understand what I will be asking you at the end of this. No doubt they still speak of the war, depending how long it has taken someone to find us it may just be the story of the boogie man. ~he laughs~ The Dreads as some call them, had finally entered our systems, coming and destroying everything in their paths. It took them years, but their target was clear, they were after our sun. Their owners had begun to degrade and eat the systems around it due to the mining they had been performing. But that was not all; we found that these aliens would take the bodies of our dead....or living if they could. It didn't really matter, we didn't know why until much later. And what we found out led to the creation of the Infinity, a ship meant to be our hope for the future.

The Dreads were taking our bodies and cutting them up for parts. It seemed they could not reproduce themselves, and they needed to do so to run their ships and continue their war. You see, their ships were living entities in a way, not simply run by a crew, but had a living brain at the core of it all. The universal alliance was able to capture one of these ships, and between our tech and theirs we created Infinity. I'm sure the history books have all this, but what they may not tell you is Alice was created, bred to be beyond anything we could do. Faster, stronger, her mind processing and using nearly all of its potential, healing, longevity, and much more than I couldn't explain in any understandable manner. Hell I'm not sure I understand it, but I'm telling you this so you know how important she is.

Once finished our ship was sent to face the enemy, we took the direct route and drove ourselves straight through the center of their forces. And something unexpected happen, was it Alice, the ship again I don't know. But it grew, changed, and evolved in a way that no one could expect. With each battle we became stronger, and able to combat what we came across no matter the struggle. By the time we reached Void space the ship had become something...it became a planet destroyer. ~the man looks tense and takes a deep breath~

We won the war, but we destroyed a planet and likely a race along with it. It should have been the end, but the Alliance began to fight within itself. We had become too dangerous to control, yet some still wanted to make more. The different views drove the planets into another war, a war myself and my crew decided to stay out of. They wanted to either destroy us or create more to further the destruction we had already caused. I...we couldn't do that, and more so we couldn't do that to Alice.

We were hunted, unfortunately after the final battle we were left in a less than ideal state. But we avoided capture for months. All while the war raged on among our own home planets, a war led by greed and the need for more power. ~the man coughs harshly and grabs his chest for a moment before collecting himself~ I don't know the outcome of this war, we have been away for too long. Alice hasn't been able to contact anyone due to the Void space interfering with signals and instruments. It’s a wonder she is able to think straight some days, but we were found. A militia sent in to capture the Infinity dead or alive, the crew nothing more than a sacrifice to their cause. Whatever that cause might have been, we fought of course, but were forced back. Our own people turned against us...

~ The man coughs once more before a shaky hand wipes blood from his lips~ I don't have much time, and I'm rambling like an old man. ~he laughs~ I suppose it’s because of how much this means, the mission I'm asking you take on. I don't know who you are, but I can, hope you understand that you look at the logs and see the truth, that you talk to her and understand why we all fought to protect her. The Infinity isn't just a ship, it’s something...~ he sighed~ it’s a life; it's...she is family. Alice saved our universe, this is the least we can do for her. So I ask you, if you gain the captaincy of this ship that you take care of her. That you treat her as we have, that you don't simply turn her back into a killer or hand her over to be chopped up or caged. She won't survive it, and...~ He begins to cough more, the door opening suddenly behind him~ Captain your vitals have reached dangerous levels, please come with me to get looked at. ~the tall red head asked and walked over to him~ What are you doing? Telling stories again old man? ~ She asked with a warm smile and reached to help him up~ Yeah telling stories again, only I hope this one gets to who it’s meant for its about you after all. ~The woman gives him a confused look~ About me? ~ he smiles and nods~ Yup all about my girl, ~he looks to the recording device once more~ So you better take care of our girl, or else....~he looks firm yet sentimental as he speaks~ Come on old man let me get you to med center ~ He coughs again and reaches to turn off the recording device before she can read or see what was on it. The screen goes black, the label of Captain Flashes across the screen, clearance accepted, the date of the recording shows that the recording is nearly 100 years old.~

CurvyKitten

Mejere

Mejere is part of the planetary divide, its law givers and leaders are all Woman. The Matriarchal society, placing men as the lesser of the two sexes. Having them as their support and seconds instead of their leaders, believing that it was the unyielding figure of men that led to their original ruin they are kept from any sort of real power. Unlike Terren, the Mejere planet’s thrive, leaving them more self sufficient than the Terren. But their divided focus left their military weaker the Terren. The two sides finding they met in a stalemate, one for lack of resources to continue the fight, and the other unable to muster an equal or greater fire power. The agreed upon unsteady truths allowed for Mejere to thrive in its own way.

Men are still seen as necessary, after all they are needed to further to species. But blood lines are not what lead the way, science is or at least the DNA manipulation they use to perfect their children does. Those that cannot use this advancement (IE can't afford or banned from it for some reason) must take their chances with a normal birth. But most of those in power or positions of note (politicians, doctors, artist, scientists, anyone of notoriety really) are of a genetically engineered birth. People were able to design their children before they were even born; this of course came with mixed feelings. (note these children are made to be peak of human abilities at most. None are at the level Alice is, that tech was lost with her. This began at their attempts to recreate her.)

The laws are enforced by the Valkyrie; punishments fit the crime but are brought about swiftly, some cases without trial. Depending on the charge judgment is given then and there and punishment set there. If it comes to a trail, the person in question is most likely up for possible banishment or a death sentence.

Terren

Terren is the Orwellian, industrial, militarized planet is a Patriarchal society. The men leading the way and putting woman in what one would call a second class citizen position. All food is synthetic, due to the harsh mining of the planets and war like mentality. The resources are scarce on the main planets, thus they have heavy trade with the Independent planets for goods. This faction is highly organized and motivated to control and fight against any threat that should enter their galaxy, even if it is those that used to be their people. Bloodlines a strictly enforced, those deemed unworthy are put to work the more menial jobs. The breeding has led to harsh developments within the higher bloodlines, but the tradition continues. Their belief is to keep them strong, that they must be bred that way.

Most everyone is assigned a station upon birth, the short lived education they received geared towards the position they were already assigned to. Thus each person was trained to be what was expected from them from birth, the higher the standing within the community they more one had access to.

The laws and planets within their control are all greatly influenced by the military influence present on them. Strict standards and harsh punishments were set forth. Citizens either met these standards or they were removed from the equation, though there were those that chose to flee. They either defected to Mejere or to one of the independent planets.

Independent Planets

The confederacy of planets and moons that formed the Independent Faction run along the outer edges of the claimed planets, and have not been claimed for one reason or another. Each of the outer worlds had its own form of government; the laws differ from planet to planet. Each expected to govern itself in what way they see fit. They'd never really worked together except to do one thing...survive and remain free from the warring planets that once nearly destroyed them all. These planets have managed to remain independent due to the treaty and the hold they have on resources that both sides need. Rather than lose the work force that supplied their needs, and have to deal with another possible war, Tehran and Mejere both agreed to allow them to run as they saw fit. At least as long as they played by the agreed upon rules.

In some ways the independent planets allowed for those that would disrupt the way of life on the other planets to have a place. Those banished normally find themselves there, outlaws, pirates, and those that were born there also find themselves on these distantly forgotten planets and moons.

Births are allowed to happen naturally, and people are allowed more freedoms than they would have on any of the other planets. The downside being that some of the planets are less than hospitable, education can be scarce, along with doctors and any real governments. Most real holdings or law enforcement are run by those that own the main resources of the planet. Thus meaning life isn't always easy when you chose to remain on an independent planet. But with some gains you have to give up a little and in some cases....a lot.

Uncharted Planet in Dark Zone (also known as the Void)
The planet remains uncharted due to the fact that most anyone that got close before the Dread were destroyed were either destroyed themselves, or now avoid it due to the gravitational pull of the "black hole" that their sun created. Most people do not find the risk worth it, the history of the once thriving Star system now more than enough to keep most anyone from venturing towards it. The planet the Infinity crashed on has a harsh atmosphere that is poisonous to humans. Thankfully the vapors can be blocked by a ship's filters or a protective suit. The odd plant life seems harmless but has overgrown every surface of the planet, and continues to do so, no doubt an effect due to the odd radiation that comes from the 'black hole' created by their sun.

The strange plant life seems to be living and totally connected, the few animals that remain have evolved to survive the harsh environments. The plants and animals remain to be the only living thing on the planet, at least until the Infinity crashed upon its surface.

The Dark Zone or Void
The Dark Zone was once a thriving star system, the gathering of planets surrounded the sun and for eons did so without incident. No one remains to tell them what was really going on, only the information gathered from the enemy ships remains to tell the truth of what happened. The broken history speaks of them running their own planets into the ground, then mining their sun as a source of energy or so it is believed. It caused the structure of their sun to collapse and create a space anomaly that began to pull in the stars and planets around the once thriving sun. Now all that is left is the scattered remains of once thriving solar system.

The Dread
Foot soldiers and lieutenants

Hive leaders

Dread Ships

CurvyKitten

The Infinity

LOWER DECK

The Cargo Holds

Engine room

Docking bays for pods or smaller ships

UPPER OR MAIN DECK

Main bridge - Alice's connection pod

Other ship fictions and computing areas

Crew Quarters

Captain's Quarters

Public Bathroom and Showers Co-ed - washing stations (clothes)

Med bay

Hydroponics

Main Common area - Galley (kitchen) - Living Area (entertainment area) - Dining Area - storage area

Weapons/Security area - prisoner holding area

Escape pods

The Infinity is one of a kind, the creation driven by the need to survive. Before the universal alliance broke apart, scientists came together, the greatest minds of their time struggling to find something that would give them hope. And they did once one of their ships brought back one of the aliens alive. Its body became the basis for something more, using the DNA and technology they had the scientist began to dabble were god only had. The fighters were told to bring back every bit of tech they could from the enemy. It was from here they were able to gather information that led to something they had never thought possible.

They realized that the aliens were using their bodies as parts. Human minds linked to massive ships as nothing more than a processor. The ships themselves contained nanights and a malleable metal that could be self-repaired in the field. Scientists took this technology and expanded on it in their own way. Instead of limiting the programming they linked a growing, learning mind to it. To do that thought they needed the mind alive, not just some processor hooked up to the ship. And this is where the creation of Avatar came in, a genetically altered human; the DNA of the avatar was manipulated in ways they have yet to replicate ever since.

Making it a woman was the choice of the lead scientist, due to a failed attempted at a male embryo. It is known that women can handle more pain, processes thoughts faster, think in a way more conducive to what they were trying to do. And it seemed the female DNA they were harvesting was more capable of binding together and allowing the first signs of life to take hold.

Both the Avatar and the ship were brought into being, the Avatar's earlier years were spent linking her with the ship. An odd thing became apparent during this time. The Avatar's life cycle became accelerated, matching a rate of the ship's completion. The linking between the ship and the Avatar went better than expected; they became nearly one in the same. The project was not only a success, but beyond anything thing could have imagined.

Not only did the ship repair itself like the enemies, it seemed to evolve as well. The side effect of having a living, learning mind attached to it became clear after the first battle and the first changes that appeared on the ship's schematics. The ship had enhanced its own engines to become faster and adjusted the weapons array to accommodate larger bursts of energy. The ship and the Avatar were learning, adapting, evolving with each encounter.

By the time the Infinity reached the enemy's home planet, it had become a planet destroyer. Large then anyone had ever anticipated, taking in materiel from their own fleets and the destroyed enemy ships as it repaired and built onto itself. The small machines and nanites were what did the heavy lifting. The crew that remained on the ship helping to perfect everything.

The crew itself is in fact still needed, the Avatar is able to control all systems yes, but even the human mind has its limits and needs support to keep track of it all. The crew is the secondary operators that help everything running smoothly; the Captain the leader of it all has sole control over the Avatar. This is for security purposes should the enemy take hold of the ship.

CurvyKitten

~CHARACTER SHEET~

[center][b]~Player name here~[/b][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=350]*insert character picture link here*[/img][/center]
[img height=100]*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=100]*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=100]*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=100]*insert character picture link here*[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] (on ship IE Captain, second in command, medic, security, mechanic....many more)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Are they heterosexual, homosexual, etc?

[b]Hair: [/b] What color is your character’s hair?
[b]Eyes: [/b] What color are your character’s eyes?
[b]Height:[/b] How tall are they?
[b]Other Distinguishing Features (i.e. tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.): [/b] Please include physical traits not noticeable within your chosen picture. You can include a link to a picture of tattoos if you like.

[b]Personality:[/b] You can write a short blurb, or list traits either works for me. If your doing traits 4 or more please :)

[b]History:[/b] At least 3 paragraphs, but the more you give the more I have to work with :)

[b]
Anything extra info you want known:[/b] can be anything to rumors, wanted for criminal actions, you want to list likes and dislikes, ons and offs, any extra info you want listed goes here, totally optional.....
[b]
Relationships:[/b] Can fill this out as they go, mainly so its easier to remember later on :P

Alice's sheet, its long but don't be intimidated, my muse got away from me:P
~Curvykitten~
Character Name: Alice
Character Nicknames: Also known as the ships Avatar
Age: 147 (looks mid 20's, this is due to her genetic alterations and link to the ship)
Position: Part of the ship, avatar, main computing system and link
Sexuality: Pansexual

Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5"7
Other Distinguishing Features (i.e. tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.): Infinity symbol on the back of her neck

Personality:
Curious: Alice is and always has been curious, her strange beginnings led to a shortage of human interaction and left her wanting to learn more. So she tends to watch and ask questions, go where she may not be meant to, explore new places, and just find things she doesn't know or understand to much to resist.

Protective:
Alice is still a war ship, or at least part of one. Her mission always was to protect those that created her, and though that mission changed a bit along the way. Alice has and always will protect her crew. Even now she stand watch over the dead and protects her ship and the few beings she has collected on the lonely planet. It is one of her core driving forces and she will do what it takes to continue this endeavor. So if your her crew, anything after you will have to get through her and a war ship to harm you.

Intelligent: Alice's mind works at a much higher rate than a normal humans. Using more of its potential it allows her to not only link with the ship, but take in any data that comes her way. This has cuased her to become exceedingly intelligent and able to recall data in a moments notice.

Strange: Alice is of course unlike most anyone you would meet, after all she is a living avatar to an ever evovling war ship. She feels as if it is simply an extension of her and take offense when someone doesn't respect her (or the ship). She acts unlike most due to her upbringing and the life that followed, being along for so long as not helped her social skills. So don't expect her to ever be predictable.

Linked: Alice is linked with the Infinity, so much so it is an extension of her very being. She speaks as if it is her when it is brought up, and feels everything the ship does. Even being away from it for to long or having the link cut for whatever reason affects her in a negative manner. One may wonder if she would ever become free from the ship at all.

Open: Unlike most humans Alice has learned to accept people for what they were. She is open to a great deal of possibilies and experiences, and finds that people though flawed at times are amazing and should be seen as such. Though if you show yourself to be someone she dislikes Alice is not afraid to let you know it. 

Strong Willed: Alice doesn't waver easily, she protects those in her stead with every last ounce of power she has. She does not simply yield to intruders, and has held fast to her mission and her people longer then most would think possible. The seeming feminine and frail at times Alice is a force to be reckoned with when pushed.

Caring: Over the years with her crew Alice learned what it was like to truly care for people. They weren't simply the people that lived with her or helped run her systems. They were her family, in the end they gave their lives to protect her, and she would do the same. Her crew is something and someone she holds dear.

Creative: A learning ship and a free thinking human mind can come up with some of the most interesting things. Further introduced to art and music by her crew and Captain before they passed away, the skills of expanded to show that she isn't simply some genetic being with now soul. Creative solutions and works of art show there is so much more behind those beautiful eyes.

History:

I remember my first breath, they say it isn't possible, then again all of this was supposed to be impossible so what do they know?

Alice's life started before she was even really born, the war against the Dread had driven the human race to rush forward with their technological advances. They studied the beings and their ships with each battle. Scientist came together, breaching the moral, ethical boundaries and took the creation of life in their hands. Many contributed but the lead scientist Christen Robinson pulled their collective ideas together and then did what most wouldn't, he pulled the needed pieces from the very beings they were trying to defeat.

Christen went against governments in creating her, breaking laws and friendships that had been long standing relationships. But to him it was worth it, to him she was perfect. The finished product was well beyond its years, even within this century. They had never thought it possible to create one living being in such away, as if they were constructing her before their very eyes. But no normal human would do, they pulled from the alien DNA and combined it with humans to create something totally different.

Alice as he named her due to her first bewilderment was born that day. Her first breaths were panicked and surprising, but the bright light and mumbled voices drew her attention. They expected her to be totally unaware, like a child trapped in an adult’s body. But again, she surprised them and had what seemed like storage of knowledge from some unknown source. This knowledge aided them in building the Infinity. It became quickly apparent that her mind and body were far more capable than any humans, the dying cells that would normally cause aging were replaced so quickly it was if it didn't matter. This attributed to her faster healing time, and ability to fight off infections or illnesses. She really was a truly surprising being, but that would not stop the Dread from coming, or the need to have Alice fill her true purpose.

The planet that housed the facility, she and the infinity were created at was attacked. They really stood no chance being attacked before they were prepared. What military forces were there reacted, the decision to activate Alice was made and the Infinity had its first flight. Captain Nathanael Archer took command of the new ship. The fight was difficult, and the facility was lost as the planet was overrun. But that loss triggered something within Alice.

The drive to protect activated her ability to take what she has learned and evolve the Infinity. Taking the derby of their fallen ships and those of the enemy ships as well, the Infinity had its first change. This adaption allowed for them to not only survive the encounter, but destroy the hive ship that had attacked them.

News traveled fast to the main worlds, the military commander endorsing its use gave the Infinity is mission. To fight through the enemies before them and strike at their home world. It would not be easy, but the crew, its Captain, and Alice left determined to accomplish the task set before them.

Each battle was more difficult than the last, it seemed the enemy learned nearly as fast as Alice did. But The Infinity and its crew always managed to find a way to survive. Fighting straight through to the very planet their enemy called home. By the time they reached this place the Infinity had become something far beyond their wildest dreams.

It had become a planet destroyer.

What they thought was the final battle left them weakened yet victorious. But when they sent word home, they weren't welcomed by a hero's call. The governments were fracturing, fighting had erupted between planets, and war among the people had begun. It seemed as if the moment they were free, they all began to fight over who would have control over it all. Then came what to do with the Infinity, some wanted it destroyed, some wanted it duplicated, but all wanted to control the outcome. Mixed feeling erupted through the crew, but one thing rang clear, Alice and her ship couldn't go home.

There was a choice made then, they would stay away, find some planet to call home keep the power of the Infinity and Alice away from those that would use it for their own gains. A small group was against this, and it was their traitorous act that led to their downfall. A small group of traitors set to take over the ship, the mutiny going horribly wrong and resulting in a massive explosion. It caused severe damage to the Infinity, damaged that echoed through Alice and sent her into a coma. The ordeal became too much and they were forced to crash land on the only planet near them.

The forgotten overgrown planet was drifting at the edge of Void space. The Infinity in such a state of disrepair, most thought she'd never leave the planet. Nothing but a skeleton crew remained as they tried to make a life on the planet. The exposure to the atmosphere, proving to be slowly poisonous to the humans, and caused their life spans to be drastically shorter than they should have been. Each one that passed was buried in the small clearing Alice had located. The Captain is one of the last remaining holding on for as long as he could, but eventually he too passed away.

Alone, trapped, in an area of space that no one with any real sense of self-preservation would ever venture to, Alice continued her mission. Pulling resources from the planet around her and the parts of the ship deemed unnecessary she began to repair the ship best she could. A few strange alien inhabitants became her only companions. Her eyes and scanners stopped looking to the skies hoping for more after about 50 years. Time ticked by and all she could do was wait....

Anything extra info you want known:
Is thought to be destroyed, known as the most powerful ship ever created, Rumored that her crew turned against the planets and refused to return home,

Relationships:
Can fill this out as they go, mainly so its easier to remember later on :P

Alexandretta Carmicheal Second in command (aka first mate) Played by Caela
~Caela~
Character Name: Alexandretta Carmicheal
Character Nicknames: Alex, Ret
Position: Second in Command
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hair: Ret has dark blonde hair that falls to just beyond her shoulders when it hangs loose. Most often, however, it is drawn back into a ponytail or braid to keep it out of her face.
Eyes: Her gaze seems to fluctuate between green and blue depending on her mood and what colors they pick up from her clothing. Most often they seem to be a mix of the two.
Height: Ret stands at a statuesque 5’10 in her bare feet.
Other Distinguishing Features (i.e. tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.): Ret isn’t one for changing much about her body. She does, however, have a small tattoo of a broken heart on her left hip with the date January 11 in scrolling script underneath it. It is something rarely seen, and almost never explained.

Personality: Initial impressions range pretty wildly on her personality. A lot depends on the situation you meet her in. People have called her everything from, intense, to fun-loving, to downright bitchy and none of them would be wrong. When she’s working, she’s “on”. She’s focused, determined, and annoyingly organized. When she’s not working, however, an entirely different side of her comes out, fun-loving, passionate, and adventurous. Ret is the sort of woman to take all the facets of her personality and make them work for her.

History: Like many children born on Majere, Ret was genetically engineered to be the epitome of everything her parents genes could give her. Her parents both being engineered as well meant that she had a lot to work with and expectations were high while she was growing up. Her mother wanted her to be a doctor, her father wanted her to be a scientist and both were immensely disappointed when she chose the military, and flight training, over either of their chosen professions.

She did well in the military, the discipline suiting her type A personality and she rose quickly through the ranks until she had her own small ship to command. Everyone who knew her, at the time, pegged her for a lifer and a few would even have said she was destined for a much larger command, that the small cruiser she was started on was nothing more than the training ground for a promising, though still young, Commander.

And then she did the unexpected. She left. For reasons known only to Ret and those she reported to, she simply left the military behind her. She was given an honorable discharge but the paperwork was scant and the few notes on her dismissal all ended in “Classified” and in her going entirely tight-lipped on the subject when anyone who used to know her back then asks. She also cut ties with her family and started taking freelance positions on freighters and starliners as security, navigation, or even as a pilot. Anything that kept her off Majere, the longer the assignments, the better.

Those that knew her best at the time (though she rarely speaks to anyone who knew her back then) have speculated that the same incident that incited her to get a small tattoo on her hip had something to do with her dismissal as well but no one that knows the truth is talking and she doesn’t bring up her time in the military with the people she takes assignments with now so most aren’t even aware that she used to be a Commander, much less that there might be any sort of mystery around her. They just assume she’s another loner spinning her life out in adventures among the stars.

Anything extra info you want known: Rumor has it that the tattoo on her hip is in memory of a lost child, specifically a daughter but that has never been confirmed.

Relationships:

Thread header
Name: character name
Position on ship: Example (captian, ships avatar...)
Date:
Location: Example (Upper deck-bridge, or Upper deck-Personal quarters,outside ship-planet side.....)
Wearing:
Tagging: Mentioning:

[center][color=blue][size=12pt][b]Thread header[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[float=left][img height=200]*Insert image here*[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] character name
[b]Position on ship:[/b] Example (captian, ships avatar...)
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b] Example (Upper deck-bridge, or Upper deck-Personal quarters, outside ship-planet side.....)
[b]Wearing: [/b]
[b]Tagging:[/b] [b]Mentioning:[/b]

Caela

Blobbe

Provisionally interested depending on what content/rating/where on the board it would be

CurvyKitten

Quote from: KaylaM on January 04, 2016, 04:50:30 AM
Provisionally interested depending on what content/rating/where on the board it would be

I don't see this being a game for the extreme threads, so I was thinking NC small group, either human or possibly exotic due to the genetic engineering that is possible in the setting.

Blobbe

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 04, 2016, 07:28:49 AM
I don't see this being a game for the extreme threads, so I was thinking NC small group, either human or possibly exotic due to the genetic engineering that is possible in the setting.

Fair enough. In that case, I think I'll pass; I don't play in NC. Thanks for your time though

CurvyKitten

Quote from: KaylaM on January 04, 2016, 07:36:21 AM
Fair enough. In that case, I think I'll pass; I don't play in NC. Thanks for your time though

I understand, if it matters I don't see nc as a huge thing in game, and I always have a rule that you have to ask the other player if they are ok with such a scene. If they say no, you can not force them into that scene. This is meant to be fun after all :)

Blobbe

I just don't like to play in a game with NC content at all, even if my character isn't involved. Personal issues and all

Good luck though!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: KaylaM on January 04, 2016, 07:54:14 AM
I just don't like to play in a game with NC content at all, even if my character isn't involved. Personal issues and all

Good luck though!

That is totally fine hun, good luck with your other games. ;)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: AndyZ on January 04, 2016, 04:20:50 PM
Keeping an eye on this

Woot! I hope it perks your muse to join :)

I have some sheet awesomeness in my inbox to review promise it will be done today after I get off work!

Caela

Can't wait to see what folks are sending you Cuvy!! Well once your done with them of course. :D

~leaves cookies to entice people to send Curvy more sheets~

Chrystal

I'm IN!

Character sheet to come as soon as I read all the material!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

CurvyKitten

Approved character thread is up, so those already approved feel free to post your sheets there. I'm currently reading over more sheets now as well! So no worries if you haven't gotten a reply.

Curvy

Keep the sheets coming folks, granted with the way the numbers are running we will need more man. Or the captain (pending approval...reading now) is going to be one out number dude :P LOLZ

Caela

Barbara, Emry is adorable! I was wondering, how open is she going to be with the rest of the crew about her heart condition? Just wondering if Alex would be apt to know about it?

MisoThe Mouse

Caela

Miso, Curvy has character sheet templates up in the first couple of posts. Fill one out and PM it to her for approval.

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on January 07, 2016, 02:35:30 AM
Hey, this sounds great BTW. How do I go about getting approved?

Yes as caela said the sheet is in the info posts. I think I covered any info you would need there, so be sure to read it. :) but if you have questions just ask, I will get to them as I can. than pm me you sheet to me when it's done.

MisoThe Mouse

Hazy Sky

Interested. I'll be reading up properly later on.

Hi Chrystal, Caela, and Curvy. Hope you are all well. :)
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

AndyZ

Right now I'm playing with the idea of a male rigger.  Since I'm not as great at finding male pictures, though, I wanted to open myself to requests.

Miso, people can tell because of your Join Date in your profile.  It has nothing to do with your posting ability ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.