Before we Part (Reboot) - HS RP - seeking characters, LGBTQ friendly

Started by AribethAmkiir, August 13, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Alright, I'm going to see what character applications we get through the weekend.  Hopefully we can begin next week sometime.  I may need to keep recruitment up while the game starts... not sure if that will be detrimental to new players or not.

Honestly, I don't know that the school has room in its budget to get buses for hockey... I'm thinking no more than 6 students in the entire school would play.  Is that accurate?  Maybe the coach or parent(s) take the players everyday after school.

Tex, not ignoring you.  I'm just waiting for more applicants.  So far, you're our only new character.  Everyone else is being grandfathered in.  That said, I'll probably PM you either this weekend or next Monday to discuss your character.

Chreestafer

I just got home from work, hell of a day.  Yet after a nice warn and relaxing shower I'm going to get on my pc and get that character sheet posted to the thread asap!

:)

As for the hockey ordeal, I completely understand.  I know some schools that share a local rink for their teams practices and stuff. A few of those schools don't have buses so hockey moms and dads sometimes take turns.  Or even players walked to practice, my buddy did. So it's completely understandable. 

I could also see how a school filled with so many sports would cause inner rivalries.  Maybe he's picked on cause he plays hockey and not football? Just a thought.

So hope to be working on it soon.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

NAME: Christopher "Shep" Shepherd
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'11 / 189lbs
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Green
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Currently sporting a black eye from a hockey fight he was involved in during the game the other night (should see the other guy)

BEST KNOWN FOR: Only player currently being scouted by top hockey colleges.

PLANS: Hoping to land a scholarship to Boston College for hockey.

DREAMS: To play professional level (NHL) hockey. 

CAR: None, its not that his family doesn't have any, just his parents use them for work.  Occasionally he'll borrow his moms old stick shift Honda. Yet that's rare, otherwise he walks everywhere or bums a ride in bad weather.

PARENTS: Larry Shepherd and Emilia Shepherd.  Chris's father, Larry is a traveling business man so he's often over seas meeting clients for his company.  Emilia, Christopher's mother, works at the local Walmart normally during the late shift (any time from 3pm onward).  They're good people, but not active in Chris's life other then to occasionally see him at his games, well his mother anyways.

HOME: Green Acres, closer to the trailer park side though.

HOBBIES: Hockey.  When not mesmerized by the ice sport, he likes to read and loves to sing. The thing with singing is, he's pretty good, just wont do it in front of people. Listening to his music loudly. 

ABOUT: Originally from the good city of Pittsburgh, Chris moved to the middle of nowhere halfway through his 9th grade year. Going from an established school, and established friend group and even an amazing relationship he watched it all fall apart as he left.  Losing the girl, losing his friends, and leaving a great hockey program.  The only thing he was able to keep in the new place was his hockey skills, which he quickly put to use on the make shift hockey team he found himself on.  It took him a good year before he began to fit in with the crowds of bodies just trying to survive the days of school.  He made a few new friends, yet playing a sport with the rival school wasn't cool, so he was picked on quiet a few times. The schools hockey program wasn't large enough, so through teaming up with the rival Glenn's Hill High School, they had a pretty decent program. 

Chris got used to the routine of fight threats, and often after the Perkiski incident he was targeted for that as well.  However, he was smart and level headed knowing that his only opportunity in life was on the ice, he brushed the incidents off.  He still had gotten into fights, yet most of them were ended quickly before they even started.  Never the less as the next years came on he was almost forgotten as he continued his routine.  His grades were ok throughout school mainly a B student, a few A's here and even a D in bio.

Thankfully he had the Foxy Roxy, the smartest girl in the school, offering to tutor him.  With her help he was able to raise that D to a C, just like the recruiters asked him to. Soon the fist of the scholarship info would be coming in and he would be golden.

Yet as his senior year ended, realization of the things uncheck hit him.  How far Will the scholarship go? Will she go to Boston college with me? Can we work this out long distance? Should I have done better in school so the scholarship was guaranteed? If I don't get this college, where I am going to go? what will I study?

The anxiety is hitting him hard.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: His junior year when he stopped the opposing team from scoring the game winning goal that sent his team into the high school level playoffs.  It was that game he was awarded the "A" currently on his jersey.  Yet he is a defensemen after all.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: The time he "sucker punched" the teacher after falling asleep.  It was a late night of practice for him as it had been raining so he stayed at the rink as long as he could before it let up.  During his first period class he passed out in his arms and began to snore.  When Mr. Perkiski shook him to wake him, instinctively Chris shot up and swung at the older man.  From certain angles it seemed he hit him.  However, Mr. Perkiski just stumbled backwards over a table and fell.  He was even back in school the next day.  Yet the rumors of the "broken jaw" never stopped. 

BIGGEST REGRET: Not securing a back up plan if hockey doesn't work out.  Not figuring things out with her (open to whomever would like to be "her") about their next steps in life.

STORY ARCS: Open to all.  I do wish for romance.  Yet pregnancy fears are fun, aren't they? Also, for hockey being his main goal in life, a career or near career ending injury would destroy him, so I'm definitely game for this option as well.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lady Sakura

Damn I would love to dip him in some caramel and have him over ice cream :D

Ana 1360

Since Hockey is a winter sport and Shep seems very athletic any chance he played football with Tommy and Damian in the fall? Those two are the best of friends  or at least they were..  is that continuing in the reboot Ari?

Chreestafer

Quote from: Ana 1360 on August 17, 2017, 10:11:25 PM
Since Hockey is a winter sport and Shep seems very athletic any chance he played football with Tommy and Damian in the fall? Those two are the best of friends  or at least they were..  is that continuing in the reboot Ari?

Sadly I wouldn't see it.  Hockey players for the most part have like one month off before an the next season picks up.  Plus I wouldn't see him risking hurting himself.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Ana 1360

Oh I thought that was like pro and college hockey players, not high school hockey ...no worries.. My brother  played college hockey .  I know a bit about hockey.

Codexa

Lady Sakura

Codexa

Chreestafer

Quote from: Ana 1360 on August 17, 2017, 10:21:31 PM
Oh I thought that was like pro and college hockey players, not high school hockey ...no worries.. My brother  played college hockey .  I know a bit about hockey.

Your not wrong hahaha. But where his mindset is, he's shooting to focus on that.  He's one of those all the eggs in one basket kind of guys.  So when he breaks his leg and can't play, his world will fall.

But that would be the main reason why, is injury.  He'd be in fear of getting hurt.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lady Sakura

*luffs on*

Good to see you about. Dexa always makes fun characters.

Ana 1360

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 17, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Your not wrong hahaha. But where his mindset is, he's shooting to focus on that.  He's one of those all the eggs in one basket kind of guys.  So when he breaks his leg and can't play, his world will fall.

But that would be the main reason why, is injury.  He'd be in fear of getting hurt.

Of course that makes sense he wants to go pro.  I was just trying to find a way to get your character involved with the other jocks so he wasn't out there on an island all alone.

diarmuid

NAME: Alex Brioschi
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'4, ~130lb
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Dark brown
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Piercings and glasses

BEST KNOWN FOR: Alex is more of a loner, but he mingles with art students, nerds, and stoners. Also known for being one of the only trans people in Greenfield.
PLANS: Attending New York University for a Visual Arts Major
DREAMS: Concept Artist
CAR: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT
PARENTS: Alex's father, David, died when he was only two years old. His parents never married, and he had his mother's last name, so his father had almost no influence on Alex's life. His mother, Cristina, works as a full-time doctor and often isn't home enough to spend time with him.
HOME: Lookout Point
HOBBIES: Photography, most art mediums, video games, smoking/drinking.

ABOUT: Alex's parents were young when he was born, and not yet ready to tie the knot. His mother continued going to medical school nearly up until the day he was born and returned almost as soon as she left the hospital. Most of his early life was actually spent with his grandparents or aunts and uncles since his parents were both equally determined to achieve their dream jobs. His father died in an accident with a drunk driver when he was two, and after recovering from the loss his mother became even more determined to accomplish her dream in his father's memory. Other than spending more of his time with his extended family than with his mother, Alex had a relatively normal childhood. As he was growing up, he was always considered a "tomboy." Until he came out as trans at fifteen.

His mother became fiercely supportive of him in this matter, nearly cutting ties with his grandparents when they initially refused to accept it. He still sees them quite a bit less, but his mother insists it's because he's old enough to stay home alone now. At sixteen, she even took him to get his name legally changed to what it is now. Around that time, he also started experimenting with drugs since his mother was hardly home to supervise him. He started smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol a year later and has since then continued with this behavior. He doesn't get amazing grades, but he always excelled in his art classes and was able to gather a good enough portfolio to get into New York University.

For his last summer in Greenfield, he just wants to have a fun time partying and preparing for college. After these last three months, he plans on leaving and never looking back.

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Alex isn't one to do something big enough to be noticed by the entire school, but he did spend the last few months of his senior year organizing a Spectrum group for the school's LGBTQ+ students. The last meeting the seniors can attend is at a pride parade at the end of June.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Knocking a girl's front tooth out after she purposely called him by his old name and getting a week's worth of OSS...
BIGGEST REGRET: The aforementioned knocking out of a girl's tooth...

STORY ARCS: I'm open to a lot of things! Romance would be fun, but just as a warning, I'm planning on him being asexual. I'd also be interested in some darker things if anything comes up.  ;D

FACE CLAIM: Ryan Cassata

Jason Hunter

Sorry it took a while but my character sheet has been updated to the new format :)

Amarlo

Let me know if I need to fix or add anything. :) Probably the shortest bio I've ever written. xD Mine are usually stupidly long. >.>;

NAME: Jessie Myers
FACECLAIM: Felice Fawn
AGE: 17 (Will be 18 shortly after the beginning of the story)
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5’2” | 100 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Brunette
EYE COLOR: Grey
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Piercings, tattoos, scars

BEST KNOWN FOR: Jessie is typically lumped in with the Delinquents thanks to her behavioral issues and all the nice rumors about her family. There’s also been rumors floating about that she’s anorexic for years now.
PLANS: To get somewhere the fuck else.
DREAMS: Ultimately Undecided. Jokes that she wants to be a hobo.
CAR: Bicycle she stole two weeks ago.
PARENTS: The Myers household is a well known party house. There are whispers among the adults that they’re drug dealers or the mother is involved in prostitution, but nothing has otherwise been proven as of late. Much of her family is frequently in and out of jail, and remains a conflicted source of turmoil and bitter humor in Jessie’s life.
HOME: Trailer Park
HOBBIES: Videogames, five finger discounts, reading, writing, angry rock and metal, singing, getting away with shit.

ABOUT: Jessie has some questionable ethics, likely as a result of her upbringing - or so they say. Even back in elementary school she exhibited behavioral problems but it wasn’t until she was in middle school that rumors about her family really started to crop up. She and her family have been deemed everything from white trash to a crack snorting whores, and Jessie has gotten into plenty enough fist fights over the years because of it.

These days she’s known as your typical delinquent - Bratty, loud mouthed, and an outright smart aleck. For the most part she spends her days in those classrooms that keep troublemakers specially segregated from tainting the rest of the school. She can often be found with one or two other classmates - male or female - skipping class and smogging up the bathrooms with cigarettes or a nice blunt. Once in awhile you can spot her curled up beneath a tree with her nose buried in a book, but other than that she doesn’t seem to take school very seriously and treats it more like one big social venue. 

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Is forever immortalized flipping the bird in last years yearbook, Junior class of 2017 picture. She's also a pretty decent singer.

MOMENTS OF SHAME: Has a picture of her down to her cheap, oversized, hand-me-down undies taken from the locker room floating about.
BIGGEST REGRET: To many to count at this point.

STORY ARCS: A dark, passionate and wild (and sometimes sweet) romance. Drama revolving around her family and home life. Finding herself. People she has confrontations with. (Pm and plot friendly. I absolutely love ic drama too. If you're interested in plotting with me or creating histories, don't hesitate to pm me please!)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chreestafer

Quote from: Ana 1360 on August 17, 2017, 11:10:39 PM
Of course that makes sense he wants to go pro.  I was just trying to find a way to get your character involved with the other jocks so he wasn't out there on an island all alone.

In any normal way, he'd be friends with whomever he can be.  Ye5 in this storyline of like him to still feel out of place, per say.  Even though he's a "jock" he still doesn't fit that clique and is often bullied for it. Between that and still being handsome enough to get the hot girls attentions or causes scenes woth other jocks.

I wouldn't be opposed to your character being the guy trying to bridge that gap though.  He seems to be a nice guy and maybe he can make the attempts, even into the summer of trying to befriend him. Like invite him to parties and what not. However, some of the other football players still don't like him.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lady Sakura

I love these new submissions. Thank you for sharing your brain babies with us! Class of 2017!

Amarlo, it just shows what a fantastic character maker you are no matter that bio size. I'll confess, I've stalked your characters sometimes. They are always written so well. <3

FeveredDreams

NAME: Sarah Winters
CLIQUES: Goth,  band geek (Violin Player)
PLANS: Going to university.
DREAM: She wants to be musician.  There’s not much that makes her as happy as playing. 
CAR: Beaten up 1973  Camaro.  A gift from her father at 16.  The only catch was she had to figure out how to make it run again.

HOBBIES: Music,  car repair(Taught by dad), bit of a party girl,  and sewing. 

ABOUT: Sarah formerly Simon  always seemed a little different than most boys in her classes.  She had a rather effete side to her.  Which often caused her to stand out from the rest of the group.   That of course drew the attention of bullies,  being rather slight and thin she was easy to knock around without much of a fuss.  She was vicious in a fight,  but, brute force typically seemed to beat out her ferocity. She did her best to weather it all with a smile.  She knew that people could feel that deep down there was something different about her.  So she didn’t blame them,  not much. 

There was a lot of stuff going on under the surface though.  Sarah was suffering internally trying her best to play at boyhood,  while feeling herself breaking apart thanks to her desire to be just be one of the girls.  She was easily accepted into the goth clique,  which she enjoyed immensely as it allowed her to express her more feminine nature through style of dress and even the minimal use of some make up.  Yet,  it didn’t fix everything.  She dealt with things as best as she could,  but,  she tended to suffer from occasional self  destructive impulses.  When her parents approached her about them,  the girl feeling so incapable of hiding who she was simply broke down.  She explained what she was suffering through,  and had expected to be kicked out of the house.  Yet to her surprise they accepted her, and even helped her begin transitioning. 

At the beginning of this year she appeared walking the halls for the first time dressed as she always desired.  Something was different about her,  she seemed more confident and even a little tougher.   Of course she suffered a little hassling,  but instead of being hurt by it.  She was quick to give a smile and hold up the middle finger.  Her grades even improved and she tossed herself into band,  finally willing to show the world that she was capable of playing violin.   

MOMENTS OF GLORY: Filled in for the first seat violinist,  playing the part fantastically and winning her place as first seat.

MOMENTS OF SHAME:  She once broke down during PE,  when she was forced to participate in swimming.  It’s stuck with her as she began to sob about not wanting to wear a swim suit.   The screaming and tears thrown at the gym teacher resulted in a brief suspension and more than few snickers from her classmates.  Things might make a little more sense now,   but she has never lived it down.  What most people outside of her parents and a few close friends know,  she was also trying to hide the scars that crisscross her calves.

I hadn't realized I should post here with the reboot,  so, here's my character.  I might change my character image if I can find a girl more appropriate but I suck at finding character images.  Also Derr it seems I need to do some updating of my character sheet.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ana 1360 on August 17, 2017, 10:11:25 PM

That's up to you and Jason.  Just keep in mind that with new characters entering the game, some dynamics may change.  Though, it looks like the majority of the new character submissions are "outcasts" to some degree.

That said, this won't effect those who've already submitted a character, but from here on, I'll be looking for characters who more closely fit the setting.  You can still be a unique individual without going completely against the grain.

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 18, 2017, 01:29:13 PM

... it looks like the majority of the new character submissions are "outcasts" to some degree.

That said, this won't effect those who've already submitted a character, but from here on, I'll be looking for characters who more closely fit the setting.  You can still be a unique snowflake without going completely against the grain.

I realize you said you'd be contacting me regarding my character later this weekend, but in light of this post I just wanted to say I'd be glad to make my character "fit in" more -- A rugby player could certainly be an asset to the football team - or he more than likely played some soccer overseas as well as rugby.  Since I don't know much about American football, it would help if someone could tell me what position my guy would play.  (in fact, I haven't even worked out what position I want him to play in rugby)

Also, track.  I might have made him win a medal or two in track only I really couldn't remember when track season takes place.  Is it near the beginning of the school year or at the end?  In rugby there's a need for endurance -- not all positions require sprinters, but they all require endurance -- and he's not exactly tall and slender -- so I'm thinking cross country maybe, or one of the longer track events. 

And ... he's pretty smart, so he could be on some academic decathlon team or something. 

To be frank, I was trying NOT to make the stereotypical "munchkin" character (the SEAL sniper who's also an F-15 pilot with degrees in medicine and law whose father is a Senator and mother a supermodel-turned-corporate CEO, and oh yes, he has a dark secret.)  I can make him a bit less an outcast, but certainly not the life of the party.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Amarlo

You can be an outcast and still completely fit in. :P It just depends on which clique you hover towards. I was a complete outcast in high school with the jocks and cheerleaders, but I was super popular with the Drama and Band geeks - as were most of us 'freaks'. I was also moderately popular with the delinquents. So one man's outcast-trash is another man's goddess. So don't limit the outcasts!

With that said, I'd more so limit the 'loners' than anything else. :P

Quote from: Lady Sakura on August 18, 2017, 10:05:30 AM
I love these new submissions. Thank you for sharing your brain babies with us! Class of 2017!

Amarlo, it just shows what a fantastic character maker you are no matter that bio size. I'll confess, I've stalked your characters sometimes. They are always written so well. <3

I almost forgot to reply to this! Thank you so much for the compliment. ^^ <3 I am truly flattered.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

NiceTexasGuy

FYI = my character (Spencer "Sidestep" Palmer) has been revamped.  Yes, he plays football now, but is still afraid of girls.   :P
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Ana 1360

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 18, 2017, 07:33:30 AM
In any normal way, he'd be friends with whomever he can be.  Ye5 in this storyline of like him to still feel out of place, per say.  Even though he's a "jock" he still doesn't fit that clique and is often bullied for it. Between that and still being handsome enough to get the hot girls attentions or causes scenes woth other jocks.

I wouldn't be opposed to your character being the guy trying to bridge that gap though.  He seems to be a nice guy and maybe he can make the attempts, even into the summer of trying to befriend him. Like invite him to parties and what not. However, some of the other football players still don't like him.

Sounds like fun.

Ana 1360

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on August 18, 2017, 02:19:19 PM
I realize you said you'd be contacting me regarding my character later this weekend, but in light of this post I just wanted to say I'd be glad to make my character "fit in" more -- A rugby player could certainly be an asset to the football team - or he more than likely played some soccer overseas as well as rugby.  Since I don't know much about American football, it would help if someone could tell me what position my guy would play.  (in fact, I haven't even worked out what position I want him to play in rugby)

Also, track.  I might have made him win a medal or two in track only I really couldn't remember when track season takes place.  Is it near the beginning of the school year or at the end?  In rugby there's a need for endurance -- not all positions require sprinters, but they all require endurance -- and he's not exactly tall and slender -- so I'm thinking cross country maybe, or one of the longer track events. 

And ... he's pretty smart, so he could be on some academic decathlon team or something. 

To be frank, I was trying NOT to make the stereotypical "munchkin" character (the SEAL sniper who's also an F-15 pilot with degrees in medicine and law whose father is a Senator and mother a supermodel-turned-corporate CEO, and oh yes, he has a dark secret.)  I can make him a bit less an outcast, but certainly not the life of the party.

I would be glad to help you with football stuff and I personally really like that your character is not a sniper or fighter pilot.

Tommy Mulvaney is the Quarterback.

Damian Clark is the Wide Receiver.

You could make Spencer the Running Back, a position which is just like rugby. There is not much football going on anyway they graduated.

As long as it's ok with Aribeth and Lady Sakura?