Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 12, 2015, 07:39:00 AM
*giggle* The funny thing is I am SOOOOOO not like Ryder in any way...and I'm a lot quieter than Eiryn, though her personality shares a few bits with mine.

...so is it the ink or the attitude that gets to you, Chrys? ;D

The attitude and the look!

There's a girl who looks about 16-17 who goes to the school I take a neighbour's daughter to in the morning before work. She has a weird looking punk-ish hair cut, blonde straight down the sides and pink froth on top, boyish short. she's tall and skinny and a bit flat up front and wears the cutest geek glasses, and I so want to get a photo that looks like her and base a RP on her!

Your char reminds me of her to an extent.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

GaGa88

Quote from: Haru329 on January 12, 2015, 11:20:23 AM
O.O
Damn, those twins. I think I'm in love.
They'll be up once I'm off of work. You're welcome to post with them whenever, though.

I'm off tomorrow, yay!, so I'll get a post up for Liz later on tonight. :) I'm looking forward to writing the twins' dynamics with you, NW! Gonna be fun.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Lux12

Liam Bao Vang

Nicknames:Lee. L-Vang, Liam Discord (stage name)
Sex: male (cismale)
Birthday: January 21st 1990
Height: 5'7
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Residence: He lives in the rooms above the shop.

Appearance Details: His hair is longer and depending on the outfit he either keeps it tied back  or lets it hang down. If he's in a particularly showy mood, he teases it up. His hair despite the picture is normally black.  His midsection has a bit of curve to it. Liam is almost always immaculately shaven, keeping all but his most private areas entirely smooth. As far as tattoos go, he has a few small ones on his upper arms and shoulders. One is the crest of house Stark from ASOIAF. Another is simply that of a flying v guitar. On his shoulders are two different wings, a white birds wing and bats wing.

Personality: Pious, creative, energetic, kind, contemplative, theatrical, and melancholy are all words that could be used to describe him. Being a passionate sort, his behavior at large public gatherings often comes across as theatrical. Some think him a flake for this very reason, but those people have not seen the more private Liam. As a person of boundless energy and creativity, he can be found pouring a great amount of time into his song writing with a diligence few artists possess. He also spends a fair amount of time involved in religious contemplation and reverie. His public face is not just a façade, but it masks something deep within him. For he is also a man of melancholy. A sense of pressure and the absence of something (or rather someone) important in his life weighs heavily on his heart. He worries about where his life is headed more frequently than he would readily admit, but he is not totally consumed by his woes either.

Bio: Liam was born to moderately successful Hmong American jazz musician Bao Vang (his middle name was chosen because it is fathers name) and Katrina Blake in 1990. His father was generally accepting of his sons eccentricities of those early years and was delighted when he learned Liam had the same musical talent he possessed. As one might expect, Liam's first exposure to music was through jazz and he began his training at at an early age. It seemed as if there were few instruments he couldn't play and few songs he couldn't sing. However, despite his respect for the music his father had raised him to that point, he was more interested in the unusual,old prog. rock his mother listened to. While this didn't necessarily cause any friction between father and son, it was a sign of things to come. The second sign was the boy rifling through his mothers make up and clothing/ Liam experimented with them and tried them on and for all his fathers tolerance, this he simply would not have and while his father never beat him within an inch of his life, he went out of his way to discourage him from doing so. This led to the creation of a more volatile father/son relationship.

More so, when he began to incorporate influences from the rock music he preferred into the jazzy style his father favored, especially when it came to improvisation, it led to heated arguments. As arbitrary as it sounds, his father had a very specific path in mind for his eldest son and did not want it to be derailed. This is not to say his childhood was utter hell though. Indeed, he never went to bed starving. Liam's home life was usually free from any overt strife and his parents generally got along well. Neither one lifted a hand to strike the other. Indeed, in spite of the arguments, things in the Vang household were harmonious. While neither parent pushed their son into any single religious background, he engaged in the traditional spiritual practices associated with his Hmong ancestors and those of his mothers  "Celtic" Wicca leanings. He felt a need to be connected to the spiritual from a young age. These distinct religious practices as he saw them helped him connect to both sides of his heritage in a way few other things did. From these, he began to synthesize his own religious philosophy which perhaps helped him maintain a semblance of serenity.

His high school years were marked by a notable transformation. Liam would often show up to school in makeup and clothing one might deem effeminate even though other kids taunted him for it. His creative horizons expanded as his skill grew and he began to develop a certain flare for the dramatic. Liam spent increasingly long periods of time away from home either jamming with friends, partying, or pursuing other interests. One could say this is when he really began to discover himself.

Liam put himself through college on a series of music scholarships and relished the new found freedom. For extra cash he would provide music lessons. This was going well for a while until he learned his mother had cancer. She had developed a rather severe case of breast cancer and nearly died. Consequently, this nearly derailed his academic career, but something positive did come of it. His father reconciled his differences with his son and offered unconditional support in whatever endeavors he pursued from that day forward.

Deciding he needed a backup plan in case his plans to become a rock star didn’t quite work out he asked his father for some assistance in starting up a business. Thus, Immortal Instruments was born. A music shop which sells all manner of instruments. As for his choice of location, Liam set up shop in the Indigo Way area because he could at least be sure it would reduce his chances of getting beat up by random pedestrians if he decided he wanted to walk out the door in a dress. He hopes that one day, someone will sign him, but until then, he runs his business with a relative sense of ease.

Likes: Music (Mostly rock and some jazz and electronic), Philosophy, Poetry, Fantasy (novels, films, videogames, table top games, etc.), Dominant Women, Coffee, Rococo art, Wine,
Dislikes: Most current “club” music, Beer, Drabness, racists, “traditional” gender roles, movies where cute animals die, shark movies (he has a fear of sharks)

Ons and Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157569.0

Additional Details:
He had to put up with a rather irritating amount of racism growing up and as a result it’s something that really sticks in his craw.

Despite what one may think, he is not a drag queen. Yes, some of what he does screams it, but he is not one. He is a performer who happens to crossdress. Liam considers what he does and drag to be two different art forms.

He sings and plays multiple instruments.

He won’t readily admit it, but he gets a little nervous whenever something by the band Great White comes on. He also refuses to cover songs by the band for the same reason.
Played By: Lux12

Well that's the character I came up with. Tell me if he requires any tweaking.

Kokaine

Hey all, so I might be interested in submitting a female character if you all are still taking ladies. I have a female police officer/firewoman type in mind.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Nowherewoman

*takes whatever ladies she can get her hands on*

Oh...not what you meant. Sorry... ;D
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Lyron

Okay, the Monroe twins are up!

And for those it may concern, Parker Commons now only has one-bedroom apartments. It used to have two-bedrooms, but since no one's using them and we might need more space, we're just gonna go ahead and magically change them. 8-)

Quote from: Lux12 on January 12, 2015, 03:19:07 PM
The only tweaking I see is that he needs a place to live. ;-) Unless you do want him to be homeless. You can pick one of the apartments or he can have a place in his shop.

Other than that, looks great!

And whenever you have the shop's information ready, just go ahead and post it in here, and if you have any questions, let me know. :-)

Quote from: Kokaine on January 12, 2015, 03:26:54 PM
Hey all, so I might be interested in submitting a female character if you all are still taking ladies. I have a female police officer/firewoman type in mind.
I think we have room for a couple more ladies. ;-)

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Lux12

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Immortal instruments
Simply put, it’s a music shop. Instruments and the related accessories are sold here. There is a stage area usually used for display though Liam occasionally lets paying local artists perform there every once and a while. On these days, he shuts down early and prepares for what comes next. The interior is usually kept dimmer than the outside and is decorated with what appears to be a mix of rococo, psychedelic, and Gothic motifs. It reflects the owners eccentricities in this regard. Outside it appears to be a regular brick building.
Owner Manager: Liam Vang
Employees:
Hours:
Mon-Thurs 10 A.M. -8:00 P.M.
Friday-Saturday: 10 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Sunday 11 A.M.-4 P.M.

Well that's the information. The image is the closest to the exterior appearance I could find.

Also, a living space is now listed in his profile.

Letrixia

Question, would you accept a MtF? like she has breasts and looks very much like a girl but has male member.

Lyron

Quote from: Lux12 on January 12, 2015, 06:29:04 PM
Thanks! His profile is up, and Immortal Instruments will be listed in the IC in the next few minutes.

Quote from: Letrixia on January 12, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
Question, would you accept a MtF? like she has breasts and looks very much like a girl but has male member.
Of course! It would be nice to have some trans* characters in this.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Twisted iN Tux

1313 Bespoke Row, Indigo Way, Chicago, IL, 60601
(312) 555-0103
shop@stitchedchicago.com

LAYOUT:
Basement - The Vault & Stockroom
1st Floor - The Main Entrance, Primary Point of Sale, Stylist Selling Stations, Dressing Rooms, Lounge & Public Lavatory
2nd Floor - The Showroom, Auxiliary Point of Sale, Private Fitting Rooms & Staff Offices

GOODS (Grouped by Department):

• Custom & Pre-Styled Suits & Tuxedos for All Occasions
  • Custom & Pre-Styled Dress Shirts
  • Undergarments & Socks
  • Footwear
  • Braces, Belts, Neckwear, Pocket Squares & Vests
  • Cufflinks, Studs, Necklaces, Bracelets, Rings, Eyewear & Timepieces
  • Coats, Gloves, Hats, Scarves, Umbrellas & Walking Sticks
  • Bags, Briefcases, Cigar Cases, Flasks, Money Clips & Wallets
  • Aftershaves, Colognes & Lotions

SERVICES: Custom Tailoring & Styling Consultations by Appointment Only

HOURS OF OPERATION: Sundays 10am-6pm, Mondays thru Thursdays 8am-6pm, Fridays 8am-10pm & Saturdays 10am-10pm

STAFF:

• Tanner Macklemore - Owner, Designer & Master Tailor
  • Brooklyn Macklemore (NPC) - Director of Operations
  • Jordan Macklemore (NPC) - General Manager & Apprentice Tailor
  • Jackson Eller (NPC) - Senior Buyer
  • Rupert Gallo (NPC) - Stylist
  • Derick Lamas (NPC) - Stylist
  • Nick Libonati (NPC) - Director of PR, Marketing & Social Media
NOW HIRING: 1 Buyer, 1 Doorman/Guard, 2 Stylists & 1 Tailor

Twisted iN Tux

Business plan posted! Now I have to decide on which guy to start with, where, and with who? I see Zach is on his own. Care to have a little company in the form of Antonio?

Lyron

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 12, 2015, 09:02:29 PM
Business plan posted! Now I have to decide on which guy to start with, where, and with who? I see Zach is on his own. Care to have a little company in the form of Antonio?
Looks pretty nice. XD It'll be up shotly. And sure, Zach could use some company. He's cooling down, so he shouldn't be too pissy right now.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Kokaine

Withdrawn

Adair Drake

Nicknames: Dare, Drake
Sex: Female, Genderfluid
Birthday: August 7th
Height: 5'9"
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual, Prefers women romantically
Residence:

Appearance Details:
Eye color - hazel blue
Hair color - brunette, usually held back in a ponytail or bound in a braid or bun
Style - athletic wear, casual

Pics

Personality: The youngest of 6 and the only girl to boot, Adair has been a tomboy all her life. On the surface she seems to be a fun and easy going personality who can go toe to toe with her male friends in most things (except the gross stuff, she'll pass) yet she will still totally blush over a dirty joke and make them kill all the bugs. She's been told that at times when she goes into "professional mode" she can be a bit intimidating but the truth is, a part of that intimidating exterior comes from the fact that her career path has led her to largely male dominated fields where she has to work twice as hard just to prove she can hold her own. Outside of work though her general "one of the guys" demeanor can easily overshadow the more subtle points of her personality, as few seem to realize that when left to her own devices the former Airman is really more of an introvert than she lets on, preferring quieter and more intimate pursuits over all. Goofing off aside she usually opts to speak little except when it really matters and stays in the background even when others would gladly push her to the front--though she will absolutely go for what she wants when she sees it.

Bio: Either paragraph form or a list. No minimum, per se, but do put some thought into it. I won't accept a character with an overly vague bio.

-Romance
-Sports: Currently plays on softball, basketball, and flag football teams in adult leagues and enjoys watching football, soccer, basketball, and UFC. Also coaches youth recreational basketball and indoor soccer.
-Working out
-Reading: Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance are her faves but she reads a bit from other genres as well
-Cats
-Jelly Belly jelly beans and Skittles--there are always some around.
-Music of all kinds: this extends to hiphop for workouts or amusing herself in the car (she raps... badly), and an embarrassing love for pop music that requires the use of a hairbrush as a microphone, along with various other genres
-Her brothers
-Puzzles and Games
-Seeing movies on their opening night
-Kids
-Running up against intellectual equals
-One on one connections

Dislikes:
-Loud clubs or large parties
-Cameras aimed her way
-Being put on the spot
-Bugs *shudder*
-Military Movies
-Guns
-Cowards
-Politics
-Nuts in food/candy
-References to the calendar she was in for charity >.>

Ons: Adair is a switch and what she's wanting or up for depends on time, place, and partner. She has a thing about sharing food--as in cooking for someone or sharing a plate or even taking food off her fork--she finds it to be an incredible turn on. Blindfolds are also hot too. If it isn't mentioned as an off, she'll probably give it a try at least once.
Offs: No animals, extreme pain/mutilation, bathroom stuffs, fisiting or feet.

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

Played By: Kokaine

Regina Dominguez

Nicknames: Reggie
Sex: Female
Birthday: July 25th
Height: 5'7"
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Residence:

Appearance Details: Reggie falls on the taller side of average and her style is typically described as urban American. She's naturally brunette but has been messing about with her hair color since she was a pre-teen. Her look is a mix of her South American and European roots.  She has a small nose stud and a couple tattoos - a pair of Painted Ladies (red Queens) low on her abdomen and a large back tattoo.

Pics

Personality: Fast talking, energetic, street-smart, intelligent, sometimes random, observant, stubborn, playful, crafty...
Most tend to assume Regina to be a lot less intelligent than she really is. It's likely due in large part to the urban inner city youth persona she presents at first glance but whatever. She doesn't really care to correct those assumptions as it makes her job a lot easier when preparing to take someone for all the cash they've got. She knows well how to play to expectations when she wishes. Some will bill her as a waste of talent and intelligence considering she focuses on more than a few shady habits and aspires to gamble professionally but since she refuses to be caught up in the disgusting world of stable nine to fives just for the sake of doing what's "proper", Reggie is strangely okay with the labels she accumulates. She's often looked down upon by those too snobby to bother to get to know her but those inclined to take the time are usually pleasantly surprised... or at they very least they aren't bored. At the very least those who make their way into her inner circle know that the girl will got through hell and high water for one of her own.

Bio: Reggie was born to two people she'd rather forget even existed. The first would be a mother who never grew up, leaving Reggie to fend for herself a large part of the time since the second person she wishes to forget ever existed was a man who just didn't know when to quit. Her mother has proved herself to be a weak individual time and time again and often times acknowledging the woman as a biological contributor to her DNA makes her feel kinda depressed, though without a doubt she loves the woman anyway. The man, well, her father was a real piece of work that disappeared on them pretty early so Reggie's got nothing more to say about that.

With a visibly irresponsible mother it was no surprise that Reggie was taken from the woman and placed in the care of her grandmother in California at the age of 7. Out there she grew to enjoy a normal-ish sort of life but even with Nana's old school child rearing to guide her, keeping away from trouble was about as difficult as not breathing for Regina. Living on the state's dime embarrassed her to no end but rather than withdraw entirely, Regina simply adjusted her outlook and put the bright mind she possessed to work "adjusting" her situation. It was a skill that saw her in hot water more than a few times early on but as the years passed she got better, and bolder, finding loopholes that saw her grandmother receiving more money regularly and netting herself some change on the side. A good deal of that was always sent to her mother but that's a secret she's kept to herself.

Right around the time Reggie turned 16 her grandmother passed away. She was still a minor at the time so she couldn't live on her own but finding her a place was difficult until they unearthed an uncle in Chicago who offered to take her in. That didn't last long though as he quickly figured out what sort of influence Reggie would be to his daughters. Still, family was family and even though he bitched about it, once she turned 18 and had graduated her uncle opted to move her out and pay for an apartment for her under the assumption that she'd enrolled in school and was trying to better herself. Which she has been... sorta?

-Games of all kinds (especially card games and things that can be bet on)
-Books
-Scams/cons/hustles
-Anything challenging
-Getting dirty
-Randomly using fake accents and playing parts (see scams/cons/hustles)
-Partying
-Smoking
-Skateboarding
-The beach (she misses it)

Dislikes:
-Snobbery/Arrogance/Assholes
-Pickles
-Her father
-Being treated like she's fragile/dainty/excessively girly
-Authority Figures
-The lack of ocean in Chicago

Ons:
Offs: Alternatively, if you don't want to enter character-specific O/Os, you can combine these two and link to your O/Os.

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

Played By: Kokaine
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

AzaraelLawless

Yevgeni  Apolyon Kulikova

Nicknames: Red, Yev, Kova

Sex: Male

Birthday: November 12th

Height: 5'11"

Sexual Orientation: Gay/switch

Residence: Parker Commons 105

Appearance Details: not exactly built but is stronger than most due to a life of hard work. Dark black hair. His arms bare the scars of a rough life, barely visible amongst the canvas that is his body. 

Personality; Protective, yet instinctively cruel. He is normally very gentle until either angered or aroused. With him, the two barely hold a difference.

Bio: Dmitri grew an hour out of Stalingrad, born to his father an old russian soldier who had served in WWII, and his mother a factory worker. His mother raised him like any other child, lovingly and properly, whereas his father wanted him to grow up the old 'soviet way'.
      Upon the passing of his father, Dmitri began feeling in a way he could not readily explain. Unlike most boys his age, he held no interest in girls, but it was the men that intrigued him.
      Upon his mother's passing a few years after his father, Dmitri decided it was high time he left home and explore what the world had to offer. While no longer a young man, he had decided to settle in a neighborhood, rumored to be for people like him. Having worked his whole life, he had opened his own modeling company and wished to expand it into the US as well, he hopes to see his dream realized. Only one thing stands in his way, his really bad English.

Dislikes: being annoyed, 'posh' people, a mess

Ons: just about anything

Offs: anything scat or toilet related

Additional Details: is proud of his heritage and has a very short fuse when it comes to it

Played by: AzaraelLawless
"Inside us all, a war wages, And the side that is victorious, is the one we let loose upon the world, which side are you?"

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Lyron

Quote from: Kokaine on January 12, 2015, 09:55:49 PM
How attached are you to making Regina a hustler? It's not a requirement, but one of our ladies already hustles, so it might be nice to see characters doing something a little more unique from one another--at least among their own sex.

Quote from: AzaraelLawless on January 13, 2015, 12:43:03 PM
Can you adapt the profile to fit within the skeleton provided on the first page of this thread? I was nice the first time, but now it's all you, champ. ;)

And where does he bartend at?

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Kokaine

Sorry, I missed that somehow. I will take her down when I get home then. :-[

My O/Os

Lyron

Sorry. ^^ You could hold onto her for now. The hustling would be a nonissue if there wasn't a character cap in place, but there's a chance it could get removed in the not-too-distant future. I'm mainly just trying to slow down the influx of new players a bit until everyone gets a little more settled.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Kokaine

Actually, I think I will just withdraw for now. Sorry for the inconvenience but best of luck with the game!

My O/Os

Lyron

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Lyron

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 13, 2015, 11:01:08 PM
a) Is there room for a futa woman or a hermaphrodite ?
b) Is there a thread / post that details areas of the place ?
c) What is the best way to jump in (assuming a is answered as a yes).
a) Yeah, that's fine. :-)
b) IC thread is where you'll find everything that's been established.
c) By making a character. ;) There's a Halloween party right now, where most of the characters are at. Having a character show up there would probably be the best way.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Angel Fire

Mmmm... this is looking to be VERY interesting!  Is there room for a Lesbian chef or restaurant owner here?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Lyron

Quote from: Angel Fire on January 18, 2015, 06:30:33 PM
Mmmm... this is looking to be VERY interesting!  Is there room for a Lesbian chef or restaurant owner here?
There is! We do already have a restaurant established, but given that it hasn't been mentioned yet, and that no one works there yet, there would be no harm in replacing it with something different, if you were to prefer that for your character. :-) I'd just say it should be something fairly nice.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Angel Fire

Oh I am sure that it will be a very nice establishment... I am thinking of it being an Italian-American restaurant that has the ambiance of a friendly setting and maybe a bar in the background.  Yes, the restaurant would specialize in pasta and pizzas but there is the occasional fare of the burgers and steaks in the menu.  I guess that I'll go ahead and create the owner/chef if you like?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Lyron

Quote from: Angel Fire on January 18, 2015, 07:42:18 PM
Oh I am sure that it will be a very nice establishment... I am thinking of it being an Italian-American restaurant that has the ambiance of a friendly setting and maybe a bar in the background.  Yes, the restaurant would specialize in pasta and pizzas but there is the occasional fare of the burgers and steaks in the menu.  I guess that I'll go ahead and create the owner/chef if you like?
That sounds pretty nice. Yeah, I'd say go for it if you want. :D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.