Original Setting Pathfinder (Light Exotic): Darkness Beneath the Boughs

Started by Verasaille, February 02, 2015, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

So, Muse... How are we doing creation? Do we just use Elf statistics for every flavor of elf here? Are we using pointbuy or rolling or just assuming 18's on everything?  ;D

Muse

I'm currently working on the elf write ups.  :)  I started on the Blanque and Faela last night, but wasn't communicating enough. 

:) 

How big of a group are we looking at here?  ideally 8 including GM PCs? 

Oh, and Raja, I'm not familiar with the Book of nine swords information, and it doesn't seem to fit the setting very well, either.  Think you can come up with something else? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Verasaille

Yes, Muse I think 8 including us is plenty. If we get more interested we can run another campaign.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Rajah

Quote from: Muse on February 12, 2015, 04:33:16 PMOh, and Raja, I'm not familiar with the Book of nine swords information, and it doesn't seem to fit the setting very well, either.  Think you can come up with something else?

It's all up for free on the d20pfsrd, although it's mostly the same as it was last time around...strikes are standard-action or full-round attacks, boosts are swift-action buffs, counters are immediate-action "oh no you don't", stances are passive buffs. I'll stat out and link the stuff I'm actually using, anyway...nobody knows an entire class spell list by heart, I wouldn't make you try to memorize the martial equivalent.

I actually got interested in this game because I thought the setting was perfect, not one but FOUR elven nations with the usual dedication to artistry and stylish martial traditions...the Blanque basically scream Stalker. Reclusive, mysterious elves who rely on poison-tipped bow-and-arrow skirmishing, rumored to vanish into mist? Stealth class with Disciplines for poison use, archery, and vanishing/teleportation effects, boom. ;D
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

OyabunKobold

Meh on second thought Edited out everything thats not official yet on the stuff till muse gives the full layout :3

Name: Rumah
Race: Elf/Half-elf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Zen archer Quinggong Monk 5

Description:
Rumahs's appearance

Rumah:

Personality:
Rumah's Personality
Primary Motivator: Education
Emotional Disposition: Ashamed
Moodiness: Even-Tempered

CORE TRAITS:
Outlook: Optimistic
Integrity: Unscrupulous
Impulsiveness: Controlled
Boldness: Cautious
Flexibility: Flexible
Affinity: Warm
Comportment: Agreeable
Interactivity: Reserved
Disclosure: Secretive
Conformity: Heterodox
Sense of Humor: None

Sexuality:
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Libido: Anemic
Sexual Expressiveness: Flirtatious
Sexual Expressive Style: Crude
Openness to sexual experience: Adventurous
Promiscuousness: Noncommittal
Tastes: Exhibitionism, Cross-dressing

Religion & Spirituality:
Adherence: Orthodox Adherent
Tolerance: Tolerant
Expression of beliefs: Constant
Converting others: Never
Attitude: Ecstatic

MISC:
Topics of Conversation:
Quirks, Habits, & Oddities: Insomnia, Knuckle cracking, Pacing
Hobbies & Enjoyments: Cooking, Acrobatics
M/E Disorder: Phobia: Insects

Background:  Rumahs Amaibrarvia Eyllisannia'aia, Former slave, Zen Monk of Nethys, Pereida elf/half-elf, these things all describe the Enigma that is Rumahs' life. Born into a poor life to a Peasant elven mother he had to make do with what he could. Always trying to help out his mother when able to even as they were treated as worse than scum by the humans they lived around. His father a Human/elven artisan of rather good standing whom Rumahs never knew. The reasons behind it weren't known to Rumahs but he could guess by the way his mother shied away from a males touch. He had a rather normal childhood compared to most. At least as normal as it could be with barely enough food to feed them especially when his younger brother was born. Eventually things got too hard for them to continue to live as they were so in a last ditch attempt to give his mother and brother a better life he sold himself into slavery. Taken branded and given off to the highest bidder he started a new life.

As a slave there were few things that Rumahs could enjoy but watching nature in all its beauty and splendor was one of them. The Sways of snakes, The flight of Cranes, The stalking of cats and jutting strikes of the mantis. These things all were imitated in some form in private eventually giving way to a martial prowess that was hard fought for. Kept secret for years and only his one friend another slave boy who went by Sati. The two were neigh inseparable and usually were called on to entertain guests together. They told everything and comforted the other when times were rough. Sati was Rumahs first true friend. The life he led was still far too mundane for his tastes but eventually he stumbled over his father in the market. The man sneering and prideful a rare righteous fury consumed Rumahs as he used some not too shabby skills to escape his own house and break into the shop. Stealing a good few valuable goods and leaving them around to people as gifts caused his father to run into his own harsh times. Rumahs enjoyed the excitement that came from the theft and as he fell asleep that night back at home his dreams continued to play with more exciting and daring adventures of theft.

It was quite some time later that Rumahs was finally released from his slavery as an apprentice to a rather wealthy mage that needed an assistant. This is where Rumahs learned more into the world of magic growing fascinated with it.. His new master and him had a grand time together the Kindly elven man even taking the time to get him a tutor for his knowledge of the martial arts and for archery allowing for Rumahs to grow in skill without worry. The years continued to pass as he grew older still and continued to assist the mage. There was a mishap though. He had slept fitfully the night before and his master was deep in work on a new alchemical reagent. It was his job merely to observe and assist but with his addled mind he made a mistake causing a volatile explosion of alchemical mixture scarring the Kindly man for the rest of his life. Rumahs was saddened and fretful over the man working hard to nurse him back to health. The man didn't hold a grudge even if Rumahs did and eventually found it more beneficial for the boy now a man to make his own way in life. Releasing him from his service and into the world.

Now Rumahs travels the lands of Tierra in search of a purpose righting whatever wrongs he comes across in hopes that he can repay all the kind people that hes met through his life. At times one can see him staring at the mark on his forearm forlornly as he remembers Sati and his arcane mentor.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Verasaille

That looks good Oya. There are a few points I want to clarify. The elves do not live in human lands. They are in the Elven territory exclusively. And there are no humans in the Elven territory.

If your mother is a Perida, that can be a good way to come into contact with the humans, as the Perida are sailors and traders, they take the goods produced by the other tribes and act as middlemen/merchants. They will sail into human ports along the southern sea.

Perhaps you can have your mother smitten with a human in their many travels and elect to stay with him in the human trade city. But after a number of years the human gets very old and dies, leaving you and your brother to care for your mother. You can have the story the same.

One way or another you will have to have your character come to the Elven capital to get into the party to join the rp. It will take place entirely in the Elven lands.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Verasaille on February 13, 2015, 03:13:05 PM
That looks good Oya. There are a few points I want to clarify. The elves do not live in human lands. They are in the Elven territory exclusively. And there are no humans in the Elven territory.

If your mother is a Perida, that can be a good way to come into contact with the humans, as the Perida are sailors and traders, they take the goods produced by the other tribes and act as middlemen/merchants. They will sail into human ports along the southern sea.

Perhaps you can have your mother smitten with a human in their many travels and elect to stay with him in the human trade city. But after a number of years the human gets very old and dies, leaving you and your brother to care for your mother. You can have the story the same.

One way or another you will have to have your character come to the Elven capital to get into the party to join the rp. It will take place entirely in the Elven lands.

Well that part is only if its the half elf. and the reasons behind his birth if it wasn't clear was the Human raped her. So yeah Perida mother and if I need to make it work He sold himself into slavery on a ship to make the second part work out where he stole from his father.

You said as a half elf they would live shorter than elves but longer than humans so regardless either way the father should be still alive in the early years of his adolescence.

Was figuring more though that it was a place like Fort Ungulen where the half elf governs over half the outpost is Human the other half Elven and the mother even though she is an elf is under hard times for one reason or another so though she would like to live under the protection of the elven sector she cant afford to live there and thus lives in the human sector.

as for him arriving in the Capital city Hes traveling Tierra so I could just add in there that his travels have lead to the capital city once I know more about why he would be there ie the plot hook

We can discuss it more over Pm though so You can see all my side and I can see all your side and we can meet in the middle ;D

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chulanowa

Gonna hold off on making something until I know exactly how to make it.  ;) I have a few ideas, at least.

Verasaille

I am trying to help people making characters that are Elven. All Elves consider themselves to be superior to the humans. They think that because they live several hundred years they are wiser and more learned. They do not  brag about this or become so self centered they think all humans are trash. It is just an accepted part of their culture.

Like a human feeling they are superior to animals, yet still loving and nurturing them and treating them well. An Elf of any tribe should therefore think of an elf pairing with a human to be disgraceful or insane. As far as something like rape, it would have to be something that if reported, would cause the rapist to be put to death by the authorities. There would be no tolerance of such an action without consequences.

If the act is consensual, it would have to be something that the human did by deceit (conning the elf into thinking the human loved her) or under an indentured servant contract that was agreed upon by both. Any children from this pairing would be infertile. Like across between burro and horse. Similar species can do this and have children, but the offspring cannot have children.

Muse

Quote from: Rajah on February 12, 2015, 05:53:25 PM
although it's mostly the same as it was last time around...

That REALY doesn't help your case.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

I've just posted what I believe to be a mechanical representation of the Faela.  It may need some editing. 

While i still have time, I'd like to approach the elven group that Oya needs. 

Verasaille

Where did you post it? Shall we go ahead and start an OOC thread in the Light Exotic groups?

OyabunKobold

Verasaille

I just saw it! All right, I think we can go ahead and make the OOC in Light Exotic. I will do that and we can take the character sheets there and I want everyone who is serious about joining us to post there with a promise you will post at least three times a week, or give permission to be GM'ed in movement or combat.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223635.0

There you go.

Verasaille

We still need everyone to post in the OOC  game thread if you are interested. The World building thread also has a lot of new information. Look it over well and work with Muse on Character creation. I want to start this soon, hopefully after the first of March if not sooner.