X-men RP!....(interest Check)

Started by Wolfy, May 20, 2012, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Soooo...would anyone be interested in doing an X-men RP?

Now, there are, of course, a few possibilities..such as Daily Life at the institute....or battling the brotherhood...etc, etc....

JDrew Spider

Are you a mind reader??

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Chaeronea

<points to self>  One big X-Men fan right here!

What universe would be set in? The current semi-grimdark comics universe post-Necrosha and Messiah Complex? The 'classic' X-Men setting of the 80s and 90s, best known for some of the older story arcs like Fall of the Mutants, X-Tinction Agenda, the Asgardian Wars and the Dark Phoenix Saga? Or the more modern universe of the X-Men movie trilogy?

eavatar

Why don't we set our X-Men universe? Like it was our "animated" universe? Like it is a new start. I don't even see a reason to set an OC characters because you can take a name and use it as you wish

Neysha

I'm interested in this too. More so if its a new universe like mentioned in the previous post.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Sasquatch421

I might be interested, but I prefer to create my own characters rather then use the canon. Then again it could be set along the lines of the first X-Men Legends game... New mutant takes the Brotherhoods interest, but due to a case of right place right time the new mutant ends up at the Institute while the X-men must figure out why the Brotherhood wanted the mutant and finding out what the mutant can do...

Or I had an old idea that I tossed in with my solo rps... It could be used for a larger roleplay, but since it has the X-men as bad guys it probably wouldn't be a good fit. I still love the idea of Apocalypse being a good guy though...

JDrew Spider

I like the idea of starting new and fresh, but involving a character like Apocalypse could be interesting.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

eavatar

Well, we can set Apocalypse as the X-men reason to be gathered and maybe the first enemy.

Like I said before, do OC at a fresh start game is like to say "I don't care with X-men ideas and concept" IHMO. It is the perfect moment to take a name or a concept and revamp it perfectly. Who said Angel must be the winged mutant? Or Rogue should be a girl?

Now here is an essential question. Are we going to be in a special school, live under a special house and attend a normal school, or we can jump to, let's say, everybody is a freshman at the some l"community" college?

Neysha

My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Xain903

I wouldn't mind playing an X-men RP, though I would like to play an OC personally ^^ also Neysha from my experience OC stands for Original Character, basically someone who you yourself make up instead of someone who is in continuity.

JDrew Spider

^ What he said, Lol.

I don't mind playing OC's, but I would like to play cannons too.

Spider Hole
Apologies

eavatar

I always got as Other Character, as mean as a non cannonical char.

Neysha

Yeah I'd go for re-imagining a canon character personally. :)
My Request Thread

eavatar

Same here, it is funnier make something existent as yours.

Xain903

*shrug* there are enough X-men who I could play as that I don't care much who we play ^^

Etah dna Evol

Why don't we use the post Schisms: Jean Grey School for Higher Learning        ?

Would be set right now, so we wouldn't have to worry about Marvel stories. Use everything until the schools rebuilding as canon and then diverge from there.

Use this list as NPC staff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Mansion#Post_X-Men:_Schism

We can all play young mutants, cannon or otherwise. I know I would create my own character.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Sasquatch421

There is also no shortage of powers... http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki I usually go here when I'm looking at powers. There are some interesting things to be found...

Xain903

*points* You! The one who posted the superpower wiki.......*hugs* THANK YOU!!!

Sasquatch421

No problem...I also have a site that list all mechs and even technical data...

Xain903

o_O;; Well then, mind giving me a link to that one too?

Empyrean

Expressing interest. If I did play it would probably be an OC student. :) Incidentally, I like the idea of a student who comes to the attention of a villain (like say, Apocalypse). What if a whole group of students came to his attention, or that of the Brotherhood, for their abilities or potential?

Neysha

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on May 21, 2012, 08:34:35 PM
Why don't we use the post Schisms: Jean Grey School for Higher Learning        ?

Would be set right now, so we wouldn't have to worry about Marvel stories. Use everything until the schools rebuilding as canon and then diverge from there.

Use this list as NPC staff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Mansion#Post_X-Men:_Schism

We can all play young mutants, cannon or otherwise. I know I would create my own character.

I don't mind the staff list, at least provisionally, but I do think having an original continuity would be best as opposed to basing it out of current Marvel 616 continuity and merely taking inspiration from the core X-Men saga. :)
My Request Thread

Xain903

Hmm, okay hows about we do a middleground then? We can base our RP off of the Jean Gray school itself but make our own backstory, maybe in this universe prof X is assassinated and she takes the helm, or they kick him out because he's becoming increasingly more evil every day thanks to more and more of his secrets coming out.

Hogan

I am interested, can play either Original or Canonical character.

Neysha

Quote from: Xain903 on May 23, 2012, 12:06:53 AM
Hmm, okay hows about we do a middleground then? We can base our RP off of the Jean Gray school itself but make our own backstory, maybe in this universe prof X is assassinated and she takes the helm, or they kick him out because he's becoming increasingly more evil every day thanks to more and more of his secrets coming out.

That's possible. My main desires are to not to tied down to years of somewhat convoluted X-history and continuity yet still being able to capture the essence and themes and characters of the X-Men universe. That's why I have the slightly contradictory desires of playing reimaginations of X-characters and not OC ones yet want a fresh new continuity much like they do with every new cartoon series or the Ultimates line etc.

So your middle ground could work. I have no idea what really happened lately in Xmen history so that goes with schism as well. Hence my initial reluctance. Since Apocalypse has been brought up by others maybe he can play a part in the origin of our RP.
My Request Thread