Towns of Salem ~ OOC Thread

Started by persephone325, January 29, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

yugi006

RedPhoenix

That should work for me, assuming it doesn't last the whole month (will it? I don't know!)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Derwaysh

Quote from: persephone325 on February 11, 2016, 11:21:05 PM
How does March 6th sound?

What date works for you guys?

Sounds wicked at this juncture. ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 12, 2016, 12:20:11 AM
That should work for me, assuming it doesn't last the whole month (will it? I don't know!)

Depending on how quickly, or slowly, the game moves.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

I noticed the question mark on me regarding interest.  I am most certainly able to play when you get ready to start.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on February 12, 2016, 12:40:50 AM
I noticed the question mark on me regarding interest.  I am most certainly able to play when you get ready to start.   :-)

Oh good! I had it there because I know you said you were interested, but under certain conditions.

Thank you for reminding me!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Esoteric Myobi

-pops in, raises hand to express interest, pops back out-

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

persephone325

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 12, 2016, 12:57:05 AM
-pops in, raises hand to express interest, pops back out-

Myobi! *squeaks*

Oh.. She's gone... *pouts* :P

EDIT: How would you guys feel about day voting the same way as the actual game? Majority votes up someone to execute, then everyone submits a "Guilty", "Innocent", or "Abstained" vote?

Or just do it the way we're used to? Everyone casts a vote for who to execute and the majority wins? With the Jester in play, if we do it this way, anyone who voted the Jester up would be fair game for the night ability.
I don't know.

yugi006

I haven't played the actual game in a long while so I don't quite remember the significance of the innocent/guilty vote.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 12, 2016, 03:13:10 AM
I haven't played the actual game in a long while so I don't quite remember the significance of the innocent/guilty vote.

Innocent/guilty can be helpful in figuring out player loyalties, or it can mean bugger all. It mainly comes into play when the Jester is lynched. Anyone who votes them guilty can be chosen by the Jester to commit suicide over the guilt of doing so.

The Jester's ability also ignores night immunity, so the Godfather and Executioner can die if they vote guilty and the Jester chooses them.
I don't know.

yugi006

I'm going to have to read up on the roles and rules again. It's been so long.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 12, 2016, 03:41:04 AM
I'm going to have to read up on the roles and rules again. It's been so long.

I did a cliff notes version of the roles in the first post. ^^
I don't know.

yugi006

Ooh nice. Thank you. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 12, 2016, 03:46:34 AM
Ooh nice. Thank you. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

No rush and no worries. ^^

FYI everyone; if no one else joins, I'll still be able to run the game with the players we have now. So don't worry about the number of people. :-)

However, there are still open slots. So if you have any friends that might be interested, feel free to send them over to check it out. ^^
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

So majority nominates, then guilt is determined with a second vote? What would happen if they weren't lynched? If there's another majority vote for nomination and then another vote for guilt, I can see rounds taking a little too long. A single round of voting per day tends to help keep things moving.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

If the person isn't lynched then it goes to the night phase. The whole innocent/guilty vote could make things go on too long but it dies give people the choice for an abstain vote as the first vote to nominate someone is mandatory unless you allow people to abstain or choose not to nominate someone with the first vote.

The actual rules state that only players that get more than half the vote will be nominated otherwise it goes straight to the night phase. I don't know if you want to play by those rules.

Galactic Druid

I see the appeal for nomination, it does give a player a chance to make their case, and as long as there aren't several nominations in one day phase, it shouldn't take that much longer. That said, a single round could be as long as a week, 72 hours for nomination, 48 for deciding on a single player, and 48 for night seems like a fair ammount of time. I'd go for that over other rulesets only if that's the pace you want to set for each round.

How does deciding guilt work? Is it guilty if there's more guilty than innocent votes, attains don't count either way? Or is it bases on a percentage of total votes?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

Also is the vote public or private?   (As in while the voting is going on you don't know what someone votes until the voting is over then it's revealed or more like red's where the voting is always public so you can see?)

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 12, 2016, 10:49:06 AM
So majority nominates, then guilt is determined with a second vote? What would happen if they weren't lynched? If there's another majority vote for nomination and then another vote for guilt, I can see rounds taking a little too long. A single round of voting per day tends to help keep things moving.

How it works in the actual flash game is that if the first person on the chopping block isn't lynched, then they vote someone up again. Could be the same person, or a different person. That's if there's still time left in the day phase. Though I do feel if we did it that way, the game would drag on for (potentially) months. So I don't think I'll do it that way. Just one nomination a day. IF we go this route.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 12, 2016, 02:36:48 PM
I see the appeal for nomination, it does give a player a chance to make their case, and as long as there aren't several nominations in one day phase, it shouldn't take that much longer. That said, a single round could be as long as a week, 72 hours for nomination, 48 for deciding on a single player, and 48 for night seems like a fair ammount of time. I'd go for that over other rulesets only if that's the pace you want to set for each round.

How does deciding guilt work? Is it guilty if there's more guilty than innocent votes, attains don't count either way? Or is it bases on a percentage of total votes?

Guilt is determined by majority vote again. If guilty votes are higher than innocent ones, then the person is lynched. People who abstain don't count for either side. In the event of a tie, the person is exonerated.

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 12, 2016, 03:48:10 PM
Also is the vote public or private?   (As in while the voting is going on you don't know what someone votes until the voting is over then it's revealed or more like red's where the voting is always public so you can see?)

The who to lynch votes are public in the thread. Guilty or innocent (or abstaining) votes are sent in via PM to me. Then I tally them up and post the results in the thread, along with who voted for what. Kind of like how it's done in the Hilter game, or Resistance.

That's if we decide to do it like this.
I don't know.

NightOwl35

Well Myobi poked me into here, and with how much I've played Town of Salem in the past (more than I'd like to admit), you can consider me having an interest in this.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: persephone325 on January 29, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
Interested players

• Yugi
  • RPGuy*
  • Mint
  • Sunshine
  • Remi
  • Red
  • MP
  • KS
  • Derwaysh
  • Miss Myobi

-pops in, sees this, nods with approval ^-^ and pops back out again-

;)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Missy

persephone325

Quote from: NightOwl35 on February 12, 2016, 05:05:48 PM
Well Myobi poked me into here, and with how much I've played Town of Salem in the past (more than I'd like to admit), you can consider me having an interest in this.

Welcome! Always nice to see a new face. ^^

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 12, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
-pops in, sees this, nods with approval ^-^ and pops back out again-

;)

*giggles* Thought you'd like that. :P

Quote from: Missy on February 12, 2016, 05:49:48 PM
interested

Hello! I hope you enjoy it! :D
I don't know.