News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mage the Awakening?

Started by Silverfyre, June 30, 2011, 12:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

So, I'm a standing member of a troupe game that has had a thriving venue of "Mage the Awakening".  We went to a gaming convention last month and I got interested by the setting.  I recently got the book and am wrestling with the best method to make up a mage who specializes in healing.  Sadly, I can not use Legacies at the moment as the ST prefers that those come out in play.  No problems there but I am still a complete noob when it comes to "Mage" and was hoping to get some advice on where the best place to look for a plausible character selection (of powers, Rotes, Arcanum- Life obviously, I know- and what not) can be found. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Brandon

My advice would be to wing it and stay true to your character concept. Take a look through the core book, memorize or write down your rotes, then compare stats to your mage. If you think something is weak for the concept then move some points around.

Its hard to give advice since I dont know what path or order you intend to join but here are some thoughts.

Its necessary to keep in mind what your character does outside of magical study. For example my mastigos was an avid investor in small businesses and played the stock market (actually it would be more accurate to say he controled the stock market). Unless you plan to make your character a hermit or homeless mage they will have to do something for money. Most thrysus I played with who focused on physical and spiritual healing became liscensed doctors and sugeons but I also recall a few holistic healers and rieki healers.

Your two biggest healing spells will probably be Self healing (life 2) and Healing Heart (life 3) but if you go thrysus you should also consider keeping your spirit arcanum as high or as close as possible to life. The two play off each other very well
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Sigh.. I caught enough of that to get the ghist.. I was really big into Mage:The Acension..can't really help you with the nWoD version though.