Main Menu

Long Live Denny Crane!

Started by The Overlord, December 12, 2008, 02:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

Just saying...

And mightily pissed that Boston Legal got the axe. >:( >:( >:(

Spookie Monster

It's funny that you should mention Denny Crane, The Overlord.  Now, I've never seen Boston Legal, so I've never seen Denny Crane in action; as a result, I don't think about the character especially often.  That said, I have heard about his habit of saying, "Denny Crane!"  When I was writing my post about Göbekli Tepe, I thought about him again and again: Whenever I wrote, "Göbekli Tepe," I inwardly thought, for some reason, Denny Crane!  So much so that

Quote from: Ziggy Speldust on December 11, 2008, 05:21:06 PMAnyhow: Göbekli Tepe.  Check it out! :)

was originally going to be

Anyhow: Göbekli Tepe.  Check it out!  Göbekli Tepe.

I am sorry that Boston Legal has been cancelled.  Although I don't watch it, as I said, I do know what it's like when a favorite show gets cancelled.  I hope that they've released some quality DVD sets!

Spel

So inviting, so enticing to play the part...

Edit: I forgot to link to my Göbekli Tepe thread.  Göbekli Tepe.
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

The Overlord

Interesting that Spel. Denny Crane was played by William Shatner, and let's face it, everything we've seen him do to date has had to pass the Kirk yardstick. However, even though he's done it late in his career, Shatner stepped up and gave us a new role which to identify him with. Somehow he took a lecherous old red blooded, overweight rich white guy and made him cool as hell. Awesome character I didn't only just get into Boston Legal because Shatner was on it, but he's reaffirmed my admiration for him as an actor, despite the tons of jokes over the past four decades.

Quote from: Ziggy Speldust on December 11, 2008, 05:21:06 PM

* Please note that I'm not actually ruling out the possibility that they did have lightsabers.  I must admit, too, that I think that it would be freakin' WOW! if they did have them.  I mean, if they DID have lightsabers and if I was there and if I had a lightsaber I'd totally be like, "VROOM!  VROOM!  WHOOM!  KSRACK!  VROOM!"

ROFL, you and me both Spel.  8)

Spookie Monster

Quote from: The Overlord on December 13, 2008, 04:33:08 PMhe's reaffirmed my admiration for him as an actor, despite the tons of jokes over the past four decades.

Mmm, indeed.  Sure, he often hams it up; sure, he often plays Shatner playing Shatner playing a character.  And?  I don't have a problem with that; it's allowed him to shape his career.  The guy can act when he wants to.  Ultimately, he's a dedicated performance artist; most people just haven't gotten the joke yet.

Now, with regard to his singing...

(Actually, I like some of his music.  The version of "Common People" that he and Joe Jackson produced is pretty good.  Oh, and as a fan of The Beatles, I'm compelled to at least note his rendition of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"... it's... well... it's... noteworthy, anyhow.)

Spel

It's the freakiest show...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~