Interest Check [Pathfinder RPG] (Currently Full)

Started by Myrleena, March 25, 2009, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

I'm looking at running one of the Paizo Adventure Paths, and was curious if people were interested.  I was planning on running either the Curse of the Crimson Throne or Memory of Darkness, with a slight leaning towards the latter.  I would be looking for 3-5 players.  This would be played in the forums

As for sexual content, that I'll leave up to the players, but I can go for up to NC-E, and it will be secondary to the storyline.  Please post if you are interested and which Path you would prefer!

Curse of the Crimson Throne
"The King has died, and the city of Korvosa is in chaos! Riots, banditry, monsters, and mayhem are turning the normally safe streets of the city into a war zone. Desperate to regain control of her city, Queen Ileosa seeks heroes to aid her in reclaiming control before the largest city in all Varisia consumes itself from within, as Pathfinder’s second Adventure Path, Curse of the Crimson Throne, begins with a bang!" From the back of the first part

Character Creation
1st Level
48 point buy
Clerics, Fighters, Paladins, Sorcerers, and Wizards all get 4+Int Mod skills per level.
Classes and Prestige classes are restricted to the Pathfinder Beta and the Beta Web Enhancements.
Each character starts with 2 character traits, drawn from the Players Guide for the Campaign we run, or the Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement.  1 must be a Campaign specific Trait.
Maximum Starting Funds for your class.
Maximum HP for each level.

Current Players
ShamshielDF - Bard
Tad - Druid
MzNurse - Cleric
Goalt - Monk
Jeramiahh - Paladin
PhantomPistoleer - Rogue
Xillen - Fighter

EDIT: Added Current Players and play method.
EDIT: Added Character Creation

OOC Thread
Character Thread
Main Thread

GrinningHound

I heart adventure paths.  I want to playyyyyyyyyyyy!

Whichever one you like, I've only played some of Savage Tides, but it's fantastic.

Not sure what character I'd like to play yet.

goalt

So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Myrleena

You're not helping, you two.  I'd prefer for someone to tip me over the edge to one or the other!

Mystic Dragon

I vote for second- chase the drow month sounds like fun!
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Tad

I also would be up for either, although I've never played it before.  I understand it is very close to D&D, which I am experienced in.  I would prefer to have a bit of a sexual twist to it, if that's alright.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Myrleena

If sex comes up, it comes up.  I'm not going to force the issue unless the party gets captured by people who WOULD do it.

PhantomPistoleer

LOL, I posted a similar thread about a week ago and I got zero interest. :<

I'd be interested in playing in this particular campaign, if it ever gets off the ground.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ShamshielDF

Being the GMs GF has its advantages.  We've been playing with the beta since about August, and I know that I've fallen in love with the rules.  *removes soapbox*

In general I lean slightly towards the Curse of the Crimson Throne one.  I'm currently leaning towards a pally or a rogue, but I'm willing to play almost any of the rebuilds of the classes in Path Finder.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Jeramiahh

I am very strongly tempted to take this up; I've been DMing games non-stop for the last few months, but haven't had the chance to play since Dec., and even then, I didn't play much. It helps I'm familiar with Pathfinder; we spent the last year running my main game with it.

I'm definitely a fan of the second one, as well. What level will we be playing at? That'll make a big difference on what I decide to play.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Myrleena

Doh!  I forgot to put it in with Character creation, like I intended to.  We'll almost certainly be going with the Curse of the Crimson Throne, however, now that I've had a chance to look over things in each with more detail.  I like drow but...some aspects of that campaign are too dark for me to run.  1st level, by the by, and I've put it in the initial post.

Jeramiahh

Well, given the level... I'll probably play either a paladin or a sorcerer, depending on the rest of the party's makeup.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Myrleena

Heh, we have one Sorcerer for sure, and another possible.

Jeramiahh

No sense in double-dipping on the magic awesomeness... guess that means I'd play a Paladin. =P

Myrleena

Myrleena

Hmm...looks like we have...7 players now, when I wanted six...

Guess I'll have to beef things up in the game!  >:)

If everyone who's currently interested would PM me, let's get started working things out.  I'll try to update the initial post with players and their class, and feel free to discuss things here or with me via PM.  I'm going to be going with the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

goalt

I've got a Monk built. She needs a name and personality write up still.
O&O

GrinningHound

Hmmm.....

I'd like to play a warrior type, either fighter or paladin or barbarian.

I like the new Arcane Archer....I also sorta like the new Rogue...maybe I'll go that route.

I have to think on it.  :D

Myrleena

Ok, so everyone knows, I'd just like you to build your sheet in a site like Mythweavers.  Once I've gotten confirmation from everyone, I'll create the OOC and Character Sheets threads.  I intend this to be a fairly open game, also, so please try to get along.

goalt

I've got mine on Mythweavers. Just need to finalize name/appearance/etc, do any equipment I might have, and decide for sure on one of my feats (pondering weapon focus vs toughness).
O&O

Myrleena

Tad, if you're still interested, PM me.  I think I can fit you as well if you like.

GrinningHound

Take Improved Toughness silly.  1 HP per level.

Myrleena

GrinningHound, you can't take anything that isn't in the Pathfinder Beta.  Besides, actually look up Toughness in Pathfinder.

MzNurse

Your cleric is finally on board.  I can have her ready by Weds at the latest, Myr.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Xillen