The Death of Innocence (Military Pilot RP)(Looking for new players)

Started by Vostroya, June 25, 2010, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destiny Ascension

Name: Natalie Chase
Callsign: Magic
Nationality: Osean
Nation: Osea
Weight: 122 Lbs
Height: 5' 7''
Physical Description: Curvy but thin, athletically built body with very lightly tanned caucasian skin. Hazel colored eyes, and shoulder length brown hair.

Background: Natalie Chase was born and raised in November City. Her father was Naval officer and her mother a federal judge. She was born in a time when the Osean military was experiencing a massive growth and expansion, as a result her father became completely absent from her life, birth onward. She grew up as an intelligent child, from a young age refusing to take a simple solution over what her heart and mind told her, even if the complications were frustrating.

When she was only 5, the Belkan war broke out. She, her two sisters and older brother stayed in November City. Despite the war, life was relatively simple but growing up in the middle of a war was hard on Natalie, for several reasons. Still, she found herself attracted to the opportunities of the military, particularly flying aircraft. She had decided to join the Military after going to college. She attened college at the age of 17, in 2007, for only 1 year on a minor physics degree.

In 2009 she enlisted, after completing her initial training she was placed in the Osean Army as a combat helicopter pilot as a Second Lieutenant, participating in minor conflicts until the breakout of war with Yuktobania.

When the war started, and after defeat and defeat suffered by Osean Forces, Natalie was selected as a pilot to undergo emergency retraining as a combat fighter pilot, due to an extreme shortage. She already knew what to do with an aircraft, and quickly went from a 2nd Lieutenant to a 1st Lieutenant in the Air Force just after training. She went through almost the entire war, knocking up 15 kills, and participating in almost every major battle, including the defeat of the Falcon of Dawn.

After the war, Natalie was kept in the Air Force and promoted to Captain, given command of a Southern air defense wing and stuck at McNealy AFB for 4 years, until a call up for the 8492nd.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Rachubka

Not much of an army buff, but I think I could pretend pretty well once I can get down to sitting and actually writing again. consider my hat in the pile for now. Will scrounge something up after I catch up on all my RPs and work. :P

ReijiTabibito

I'm interested, but I do have a few questions.

1 - The header says females needed.  If that means female pilots, and no one's too uncomfortable with the thought, I could play one.

2 - Do we get to pick our own aircraft?  And if so, can we choose from all the Ace Combat games?  (Excepting the high-powered, cheap ones, of course - like the Nightraven or the Falken)

Vostroya

Quote from: Rachubka on June 28, 2010, 07:33:29 AM
Not much of an army buff, but I think I could pretend pretty well once I can get down to sitting and actually writing again. consider my hat in the pile for now. Will scrounge something up after I catch up on all my RPs and work. :P

Alright thank you

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 28, 2010, 11:36:58 AM
I'm interested, but I do have a few questions.

1 - The header says females needed.  If that means female pilots, and no one's too uncomfortable with the thought, I could play one.

2 - Do we get to pick our own aircraft?  And if so, can we choose from all the Ace Combat games?  (Excepting the high-powered, cheap ones, of course - like the Nightraven or the Falken)

1. No I would not mind, so go ahead.

2. Aircraft will be based on the mission, but I will allow certain freedoms with it, such as I won't allow somebody to fly a A-10 ground attack fighter when the mission calls for a majority of Air Combat. but beyond that i will allow freedom of choice for aircraft, as long as they are practical (As you said with the super-fighters, I will reserve those for special missions)

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Vostroya on June 28, 2010, 03:58:48 PM
Alright thank you

1. No I would not mind, so go ahead.

2. Aircraft will be based on the mission, but I will allow certain freedoms with it, such as I won't allow somebody to fly a A-10 ground attack fighter when the mission calls for a majority of Air Combat. but beyond that i will allow freedom of choice for aircraft, as long as they are practical (As you said with the super-fighters, I will reserve those for special missions)

1 - K.  I'll double check the pilot roster already present.

2 - Well, if you're familiar with Ace Combat X, I was thinking of having my character's starting fighter be the Apalis or the Forneus.  They're multirole aircraft, but yes, what you say makes sense.

Vostroya

I would be fine with the Apalis as your aircraft, but the Forneus, since it has the COFFIN system as its pilot interface, its just a bit to advanced for a standard issue aircraft, but the other is fine.

ReijiTabibito

Cool.  The Apalis was what I was shooting for for starters.  My next upgrade will probably be the Cariburn (sorry, ACX is the only one I've played recently >_<).

Now, all we need is some rock-n-roll theme music, and we can go...

Vostroya

We need everyone's characters first. Then we will be able to start.

Destiny Ascension

I wouldn't mind maybe getting a F-35 someday, I like those. :P
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Vostroya

Oh trust me so many planes are going to be at our disposal that I think that they had to rob all the taxpayers of all of their possessions to pay for all of them......on a down payment....

Vostroya

Just an update, Corvus has decided he was no longer interested, so we no longer need to worry about his character.

Gideon

Vostroya

As soon as all the characters are in, I will then transfer all the characters to a special thread in Human-Freefom, and then post up the actual RP. Hopefully tonight if at all possible, or tomorrow, again if there all in. I need to get a feel for all the characters before I write the RP. I do apologize for the delay.

Gideon

Well I think most of us have put up our characters so yeah lol and people can always join since it's a military rp they can be replacement and stuff like that.

Vostroya

Then I'll go ahead and start writing up the RP itself, then I'll go from there.

Gideon

Alright so is this taking place during the last belkan war or after?

ReijiTabibito

Vostroya

Gideon:

On the first page, it will take place in 2015, five years after the Circum-Pacific war (Ace Combat 5) Heres what is going on during this time.

Belka, Eursea, and Yuktobania sign a Co-Belligerence Treaty.
Increased Belkan Activity on the FATO Nation's and Osea's Borders is noted.
Osea and the FATO nations enter a state of heightened alert while talks of a treaty between the two and the ISAF are taking place.
Repeated infringments on Osean Air-Space by Belkan military aircraft occurs without hostile action.

(FATO, is just a new version of our Earths NATO powers)

Vostroya

Character thread added, all approved characters will be posted their by me once they are posted in this thread.

Character Thread

ArtemisHighmore

Name: William Braxton
Callsign: Cowboy
Nationality: Aurelia
Nation: Osea
Weight:200
Height: 6'3"
Physical Description: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowboyluvr/2909684286/#
Background: William was raised on the rich farm range of the Kalana Steppes. His family was five generations of ranchers, driving cattle from their home down to Santa Elva to be sold for meat. It was a good living and he enjoyed it. Being so disconnected from the rest of civilization, it was hard to keep up with the persistent wars that always seemed to rage between power hungry nations. William had never wanted to be involved in the wars but when he was visiting Santa Elva on a cattle drive he happened past a flight school. There had always been an urge in him to learn to fly and so he had paid the money and took the lessons.

It turned out that it was natural to him, a fact that he found rather odd himself. Why would someone so used to having their feet firmly on the ground be gifted at flying thousands of feet above it. He enjoyed his lessons but when it was done, he was happy to be back in the saddle and ranching. Now talk of war has begun to spread and the call for some gifted pilots can be heard even in the reaches of disconnected Aurelia.

William packed his few belonging and went to Santa Elva, wanting the chance to fly again and deciding that he needed to perhaps take a part in this conflict. With the world so divided and ready to strike, he doubted that his little hidden home would be safe from an actual war. Seated in the back of a cargo plane, he flipped through the few photos he had of his family as he awaited the landing at his new home and a new life.

Vostroya

Approved, check you Messages for more detail. Character added to the Character Thread as well.

Destiny Ascension

Quick addendum to my character, I made a mistake with her history in regards to rank. :P

Vostroya

Ok the character thread has been updated to include the new info