Our Last Summer [OPEN | 11/1x]

Started by onetruebabylon, October 20, 2012, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onetruebabylon

Our Last Summer: An Elliquiy Story

So just what is this?
This is a check to see if there is interest in a concept of mine called Our Last Summer.

What would this roleplay be like?
I envision this: A group of graduates, likely college graduates, who are all close friends make a decision. They want to spend their last "free" summer before the evil monster called "real life" sucks them away. The group is of a fair size and even the pair who have interacted the least are still on friendly terms. So what they do? They pitch in what they've got and rent out a lovely summer resort for a whole two weeks, complete with everything they may or may not need. The resort is extravagant, located just outside of a major city. Imagine a pool, spacious rooms, lots of windows, only the finest of everything. The group is diverse, both in personality, majors, even sexuality. But one thing is common between them all: A desire for this to be the best damn summer of their entire lives.

What are the specifics? What's the city? How many people? What category will it be under?
I haven't decided a lot of this, eager to keep it open for our participants. We could go as high as non-consensual, I imagine, but we'll want to keep it human. Things like the city, the details of the resort they're staying at, nearby attractions, etc. are all things I would like to leave in the hands of the participants. I want this to be as open as possible: People can start single and leave in a relationship. People can start in a relationship and leave in a new relationship. People can start in a relationship and leave in a (still happy) relationship, with the tender memories of their first threesome under their belt to boot. Who knows? I leave the limits up to what the players are interested in!

What are the requirements of the players as writers?
Whether you write one or two paragraphs or, like me, pop out 1,000 word posts as a standard I ask only that you write intelligibly and aren't afraid to make small adjustments so your partners in this event can all have more fun!

What are the requirements of the players as players?
Communicate. I expect PM conversations and other OOC methods of discussion to be common place. Talk about things and we can weave this into a notably story, a story of young people about to burst into their lives full force and the shenanigans they get up to. Remember to respect boundaries as well! Not everyone is going to have the same likes, ons/offs, or ideas as you! So don't try to get them or their character into something that they, the player, don't want to be part of. This goes hand-in-hand with the communication aspect. I would also recommend that players be interested in trying something new!

Do we have a character sheet to fill out?
Why not? I'll keep it simple.

[b]Name:[/b] Full name, please. Include any nicknames in parentheses. Like: Gregory "Gregilicious" Gray
[b]Age and Birthdate:[/b] How old they are and when they were born, presume this is sometime in mid-late June of 2013.
[b]Height and Weight:[/b] I'd highly recommend that everyone here use a BMI Calculator and remember that muscle weighs [i]more[/i] than fat.
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] What is their sexual preference? Do note if you would be up for experimentation during the story itself.
[b]Major:[/b] What did they major in as a college student?
[b]Background:[/b] Any major notes about their life, like if they're wealthy. Things that would most commonly come up as important in your writing and things your as-of-yet uncreated "friends" would know.
[b]Other:[/b] Anything else I did not have the foresight to add.

Pretty easy stuff. Many players, and many potential participants, like to develop and decide as they play. So don't feel a need to write a thousand-word character sheet. Nor do you need to make one right away.

Can we have multiple characters?
I won't forbid it, but I think it'd be easiest for everyone to simply stick to one. But hey! If that's your thing, go for it! Get some variety, right? ;) I'd ask, though, that you clearly label which posts are for what character.

How do I sign up and when do we start?
Post in here, include a character sheet if you'd like. We'll prepare the thread(s?) when we have at least four different players.

How much input do you want from me? I have ideas!
As much as you can give me, please! Although an experienced writer and roleplayer I have never done something like this here on Elliquiy!

Thank you to anyone who has read this through!

Accepted Characters and Interested Players

PLAYER LIST

• onetruebabylon
  • rachelmat1
  • Aribeth Amkiir
  • Keyria
  • Cami
  • Vaulera
  • Rage
  • Gekido
  • Kdyami
  • AkaruiRain
  • DTW
CHARACTER LIST

• Rachel Mat [rachelmat1]
  • Jessica "Jess" Deanna Dehn [Aribeth Amkiir]
  • Jasper Lorenzo Salazar [onetruebabylon]
  • Keyria "Key" Manitea Lovi [Keyria]
  • Dylan "Dyl" Cooke [Cami]
  • Brian Connors [Gekido]
  • Aaron "Azza" Michaels [Rage]
  • Abigail "Abby" Winters [Vaulera]
  • Greg Andrew Paice [Kdyami]
  • Emma "Em" Burch [AkaruiRain]
  • Luke Cunningham [AkaruiRain]
  • Bryan "B2" Bosworth [DTW]
CHARACTER SHEETS

Name: Rachel Mat
Age and Birthdate: 22 (assuming we're all college graduates), Nov 2
Height and Weight: 5'7", 120 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual.
Major: Architecture.
Background: Rachel comes from an interesting background. Her father is a very rich businessman, however who has trouble with commitment. Rachel has had more step mothers than she can count. Born in the lap of luxury, her father spoils her for days. She never had to work a day in her life. Growing up, she was always the popular girl. The one that every girl wanted to be and every guy wanted to be with. Her enormous amount of wealth allowed her to throw the biggest, wildest, and craziest parties. Given all of this, she wasn't the smartest person. She chose the party life over intelligence, although it didn't really matter since she'd be set for life. Although she didn't know much, she did know how to have a good time. She is a very nice and sweet girl, granted you don't cross her.
Other: Other: Rachel can be the party animal in the group. She makes the awkward silences less awkward, the one who's always down for fun kinda person.

Name: Jessica "Jess" Deanna Dehn
Age and Birthdate: 22.  08/03/1991
Height and Weight: 5'6" 140 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual.  (Her friends might call her bi, but she prefers to think there's more to it than that.)
Major: Graphic Arts

Background:
Jess comes from a wealthy, well off family.  Both of her parents are alive and still married after 35 years.  Despite having means, Jess was the freshman who showed up to her first day of university four years ago with nothing but a suitcase full of clothes and personal belongings, her books and school supplies, and her most prized possessions, her camera equipment.  She worked full-time while attending classes, two jobs, if you count selling her photographs on the side.  Despite her parents hassling her about money she never asked them for a dime.  Still, this didn't prevent her from bringing back an entirely new wardrobe every time she went home for summer or Christmas break.  Clothes she usually allowed her friends to borrow without any care if the garments were returned.  She prides herself on making it through school on her own terms, and by her own means.

Jess is a very visually artistic person which is most greatly displayed through her love of photography.  She has a notorious reputation for always having a camera on her and snapping pictures of people whenever the fancy strikes her.  She's sensitive that not everyone likes being photographed, but she'll still tease someone and do her utmost to make them warm up to the camera.  Behind a camera she can quite literally do anything.  Without her camera quite a different personality is shown.  She becomes borderline shy, quiet, and speculative, especially around strangers or in an unfamiliar environment.

Other: Jess is very much the "nerd".  She's not exceptionally brainy but she loves video games, anime, manga, TCGs, and pretty much anything else along those lines.  Above all though, she enjoys cosplay, and has dragged a number of her friends to Comic-Con and Dragon*Con, as well as E3.

Name: Jasper Lorenzo Salazar
Age and Birthdate: 23 | May 5th, 1990
Height and Weight: 6’ 3’’ | 180 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Major: Juris Doctorate in Tax Law
Background: Young, bright, (and a closet nerd) but facing challenges that put his future pursuance of a Doctor of Judicial Science degree in jeopardy. Unlike some of his friends this young many does not come from an overly wealthy household, his family only having made some $65,000 a year. Jasper worries that his contribution to the group’s two-week vacation was the smallest as he already faced rather large and looming student loan debt—despite his numerous grants and a small scholarship. Exacerbating the situation is the recent loss of his mother only a few months prior to graduation. Even as these monumental obstacles bear down on him he has always been an incredibly upbeat and cordial young man, friendly and outgoing when the situation calls for it.

After graduation his prospects are surprisingly bright, with a pending job offer as an intern with a major law firm in New York City. Yet even with this golden and much-needed opportunity on the horizon he has to wonder what’s in the future for his heart—unlike some college graduates he is neither engaged nor married. Hailing from a rather tradition family there is also much home pressure on the idea of him tying the knot and having children, an idea he is currently lukewarm to given his desired career in law. Balancing the life of being a judge, something he would like in the long term, along with a young family is not a challenge he wishes to face just yet. For him these two weeks are incredibly important and crucial escape from the outside world, a chance to collect himself and worry about little more than having a good time! These people have become the most dear and precious thing in his life and this may be their last chance to bust loose together.
Other: I would like my dear Jasper here to start in a relationship, if at all possible. So if any of our current or future players and characters are interested, let me know! Details about Jasper that these friends, maybe except one or two, would not know: He has always had a proclivity towards the geeky and nerdy lifestyle himself and may very well have tagged along with Jessica to Dragon and ComicCon. More than this he writes romances on the side, curiously pursuing the idea of being an author should law prove an inhospitable lifetime career. A sappier side to the otherwise unwavering and brilliant young man.

Name: Keyria (Key) Manitea Lovi
Age and Birthdate: 24/ July 19, 1988
Height and Weight: 5'6"/ 135 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight, no interest in experimenting.
Major: Economics
Background: Keyria wasn't born into a wealthy family, being brought up mostly by her grandmother, her parents being divorced. She spent a few years during high school in Arkansas with her father, leaving because of some rather unpleasant things that went on. She studied and worked hard through school, getting high grades resulting in her graduating with honors. She received a full scholarship to college. Spending many hours in the library, she worked herself to the bone finally earning her degree. She had a rather eclectic life though, enjoying many different hobbies and tastes. She loves music and will dance just about anywhere if the mood strikes her. She reads a lot, usually never seen without a book.
Other: She loves the colors purple and teal, always wearing one or the other or both. She isn't really afraid of much, leading to her "weirdness".  Very faithful person, doesn't like cheaters.

Name: Dylan "Dyl" Cooke
Age/Birthdate: 21/ May 8th, 1992
Height/Weight: 5'8"/ 115 lbs
Orientation: Bisexual
Major: Pharmaceutical Studies
Backround: Dylan was grew up in a dysfunctional family. With an alcoholic for a father, and a workaholic for a mother. She passed between the two a lot, finally settling for the lesser of two evils with her mother at the age of twelve. Dylan had the grow up fast, and that put her ahead of the maturity curve in her grade and the ones above her. She knew that without hard work, she would never get anywhere, so she put her nose to the brimstone and got to work. Later in high school, Dylan determined that letting loose a bit wouldn't hurt, and that was when she discovered the sensual, fun side of herself. Though it is one that comes out rarely. Her achievements in high school led her to college on a full ride, and far far away from her parents. She is practical, and level headed, though she tends to get a bit whimsical at times. Her nature is light and loving, despite her having to raise herself as a child.

Other: While her gamer side led her into the tight knit group of friends, she prefers to be outside. Hiking, swimming, bike riding, running. Anything that allows her to feel the wind on her face and listen to the song of the trees is a bonus in her mind. She doesn't get particularly close to anybody, unless you've proven to be trustworthy, and she's know you for awhile. Dylan reads people very easily, and is often referred to as a "therapist" leading others to wonder why she didn't pursue a career in psychiatry.

Name: Abbegale "Abby" Winters
Age and Birthdate: 23 Feb. 20/ 1989
Height and Weight: 5,5 118 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, open and very willing for experimentation
Major: Double Major in History/Polysci
Background: Abbegale was born to an upper class english family in London, but her family moved to North America when she was little over a year in age. Her accent is slightly exotic, despite her North American upbringing, her parents had respectively Scottish and Estuary accents. As she learned words, she couldn't quite remember which to copy, so a mix of the heavy consonants and sharp vowels was developed, giving her the impression of being quite European in origin. As she grew, in her secular, strict household, she was taught to play and appreciate classical instruments, specifically the Cello and piano. Those two instruments were her favourites, but she also enjoyed the violin and the clarinet. Educated in a string of relatively prestigious private schools, Abbegale became somewhat of an Academic virtuoso, but despite the gentle urgings from her parents, did not go into sciences, medical or law. Instead, she loved to learn about history, about events and more specifically the people that drove them, her most avid historical interest being that of The War of the Roses and WW2, both quite closely linked to her parentage and quite interesting in their own way. Though she was raised in a wealthy household, her parents, having not started that way, raised her to be empathetic and in no way arrogant. But in that special way rich little girls grow up, she developed that all on her own. But despite the social implications of being completely confident in both body and mind, she managed to make a few good friends that helped her develop an overall spritely personality.
Other: Has a tramp stamp tattoo of the Lancaster red rose.

Name: Aaron "Azza" Michaels
Age and Birthdate: 21 / 15th May 1992
Height and Weight: 5'10" 165lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight, but may be willing to experiment... Under certain, curcumstances
Major: 3D Graphics and Video Game Programming
Background: Aaron comes from a typically common background, public schools, he has a Mother and Sister in Ontario, Canada. However, Aaron and his family hail from the North of England, having moved to Ontario when his Father was killed in a hit and run. His constant moving since then has made Aaron a little more withdrawn than most of the group, but he has come a long way since they first met, and will always be the 'straggler' of the group. Following them around like a lost sheep, and rightly so, they're the only friends he's got.

Because of his more tentative nature, Aaron is still a virgin, yet is openly attracted to Dylan, despite his prior attempts to hide it all, he was outed when Jasper caught him staring at her as she spoke, he's been more successful, albeit not very good at hiding it half the time, at containing his mild attraction to his fellow 'nerd' Jessica. If confronted about either of these, he'll close up and deny it completely.
Other: When he either denies something or out-right lies, his ears turn crimson, this blush will gradually spread over his neck, this will never happen at any other time. Also, despite his withdrawn demeanor, Aaron will become more lively if the topic of conversation is something he's highly adept in, be it games, or tabletop RPGing.

Name: Greg Andrew Paice
Age and Birthdate: He is 24, born September 29th 1988.
Height and Weight: 6’3” and 195lbs.
Sexual Orientation: He would call himself bi-curious.  He enjoys women but has never had any problems involving other men in multiple partner “pairings” and has fantasized about exploring more though hasn’t acted on his thoughts to date.
Major: Bachelors in Music Performance (Contemporary Styles), with a minor in Audio Production.
Background: Greg grew up in a musical family, his mother was a piano teacher and his father a choir director for the local church.  Greg took piano lessons from his mother from a very early age but wasn't fond of the rigidness of classical music.  His father taught him to sing strong and loud.  The only other member of the family was Greg's older brother, Kyle.  Kyle was already 12 when Greg was born and as such rebelled against their parents most of Greg's younger years.  As such he moved out to college across the state.

At the age of 12 Greg walked into his brother’s room and found a black electric guitar. He picked it up and made some noise and has been playing ever since that day. After jamming with some friends in his basement they started getting some stuff together with a couple in a trailer in the middle of nowhere. The trailer was cold in the winter and infested by bees in the summer. The mic’s use to shock their lips because of grounding issues but they we started working on their own songs. Working with a great producer, tough times and having a Psycho girlfriend started to make some killer tunes.   All in small Town USA.  Greg realized he had to move to the city to be closer to the music scene and just how much he still had to learn. So he packed his bags and headed for college.  It was a big change for a small towner but he learned and he played building his skills and writing songs is what he did. His hard work paid off when an HR manager was invited to Greg’s senior showcase by one of his instructors and really liked what he heard.  Signing Greg and shipping him to Los Angeles at the end of Summer for a crash course at Musician’s Institute to pick up some band mates and then heading out on tour.  For now Greg is excited to be spending time with his friends, writing songs, and simply enjoying the resort and looking forward to what is to come.
Other: Greg is out spoken, outgoing and generally a nice helpful guy.  He dreams of being a famous rock star but has always tried to avoid the “egotistical, greedy, only out for himself and the dollar sign” mentality that can go with fame.

Name: Brian Connors
Age and Birthdate: 24//June 30rth,1988
Height and Weight:5’9” 160 pounds
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Major: Forensic Science
Background: He was raised and borned in Puerto Rico, ever since he was little he was a little too obsessed with death. He grew up being a goth after her father’s death due to a drug overdose. His grades however never fell down, he always kept straight A’s or B’s in whatever he did. His mother was a lawyer so he had everything he could ever wanted. Two years after the death of his father she hooked up with another man and started living together. This man was a very good man and respected Brian. Brian grew up to like him and even call him father, however it all came to a stop when Brian slept with him.

His mother didn’t knew that Brian was bisexual, he felt the same for male and females alike. Finally leaving his house he moved away to the university and got a room on campus. He quickly befriended a group of people, they however didn’t knew about him being bisexual. He got a couple of tattoo’s while he was in collage. Finally graduating with honors he decided to go with his friends to hang out somewhere outside the state and have fun.
Other: Nobody knows he is bisexual

Name: Emma "Em" Cunnigham
Age and Birthdate: April 27th, 1992 (21 years old)
Height and Weight: 5 feet 7 inches. 124 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, always has been.
Major: Graphic Design
Background: Em comes from a family of middle class. No one thought very much of her in high school nor college, as she stayed largely withdrawn from others. She obtained most of her money through writing scholarships and financial aid, since her parents could barely afford to keep things such as car and house payments together. Any other time Emma felt need to raise money (usually for her parents, but also to chip in for the summer trip with her friends) she took up some freelance editing and creative writing for the local newspaper, things of that nature. She also took up selling things such as logos and design work with her graphic skills.
Other: As for her personal being, Emma's sexual interest resides mainly in women, though she also sees men as beautiful and dates them when the opportunity arises. Emma enjoys drawing and writing as her hobbies, and loves to explore/go on adventures through the brush or woods. With the exception of the group of friends from school, Emma still focuses more internally, processing ideas and how something might work, particularly with people. In fact, people-watching is one of Emma's favorite past-times, especially during school. On a final nite, seeming as she belongs in a close group of friends who centralize around the vidya.. Emma's favorite series = the Legend of Zelda. She is open to anything her friends let her borrow, as well.

Name: Luke Cunningham
Age and Birthdate: August 27th, 1989 (23 years old)
Height and Weight: 6 feet 2 inches. 172 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Curious/unsure, definitely attracted to women though.
Major: English
Background: Luke comes from a small middle class family, with modest income; by no means did he struggle to pay for school, however. As they lived incredibly close to the border between the US and Mexico, Luke found himself staying after class to help his friends with their understanding of the English language. After a few recommendations from his teachers, during high school he worked part-time in a tutoring center designed who specifically focused on helping those who did not speak English natively to improve on their bilingual skills. In turn, Luke learned all kinds of Spanish-- from the everyday collection of Tex-Mex to proper Spanish of Spain. But teaching this sort of English was more for work and to simply help out people; anyone who knew Luke knew of his affection for Literature and the artistic essence of written composition. He decided to pursue becoming an English teacher, though his experience with helping students actually learn the language helped him secure a job away from school back to his home, in his old high school coincidentally.
Other: Aside from his love for English, Luke also enjoys playing classical videos games, and enjoys reading books as well as manga. He has a deeply rooted fear of death however, and sees a lot of danger in some situations others might not necessarily realize or pay attention to.

Name: Bryan "B2" Bosworth
Age and Birthdate: June , 13th , 1993 (19)
Height and Weight: Six Feet Zero Inches , One Hundred and Fifty Five Pounds
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (Curious.)
Major: Marine Biologist
Background:
B2 comes from an upper middle class family. His father was a car salesmen and his mother a veterinarian. It is perhaps due to his mother's line of work that he developed his love of wildlife. His appreciation for the wonderful creatures of the world is of course why he has chosen to be a marine biologist. In his normal day to day life , B2 is a hyperactive spirit who enjoys doing things to do at the spur of the moment. He's willing to answer almost any dare submitted to him from eating balut to swimming with sharks.  However his wild nature  leads to frequent  reckless behavior yet despite this He is a relativity well natured person who tries to do his best. Due to his father's line of work, he's also a pretty decent mechanic. His hobbies include watching nature documentaries (naturally) , taking care of  his  large fish tank and rally racing.

Other: B2 has a particular interest in Cephalopods. He is also one of the few people to keep an Electric Eel in his aquarium.

rachelmat1

I'd be interested :)

Name: Rachel Mat
Age and Birthdate: 22 (assuming we're all college graduates), Nov 2
Height and Weight: 5'7", 120 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual.
Major: Architecture.
Background: Rachel comes from an interesting background. Her father is a very rich businessman, however who has trouble with commitment. Rachel has had more step mothers than she can count. Born in the lap of luxury, her father spoils her for days. She never had to work a day in her life. Growing up, she was always the popular girl. The one that every girl wanted to be and every guy wanted to be with. Her enormous amount of wealth allowed her to throw the biggest, wildest, and craziest parties. Given all of this, she wasn't the smartest person. She chose the party life over intelligence, although it didn't really matter since she'd be set for life. Although she didn't know much, she did know how to have a good time. She is a very nice and sweet girl, granted you don't cross her.

Other: Rachel can be the party animal in the group. She makes the awkward silences less awkward, the one who's always down for fun kinda person.

Miyu

Name: Kathleen ‘Katty’ Wilson
Age and Birthdate: 24//July, 1rst of 1989
Height and Weight: 5’4” 222 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight and she can turn bisexual 
Major: Medicine
Background: She was raised into the foster care system, going from house to house and having many parents. Her birth parents died when she was still a baby or so she was told. When she turned 18th she moved to the collage rooms and started living on her own getting even a job in a porn shop. She is the calm type of girl but that can party if she wants to. She loves to drink and just loves to be silly when the situation calls for it.
Other: She has claustrophobia and is dead afraid of snakes.

AribethAmkiir

Interested, but it ultimately depends on the characters and players who become approved.

Name: Jessica "Jess" Deanna Dehn
Age and Birthdate: 22.  08/03/1991
Height and Weight: 5'6" 140 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual.  (Her friends might call her bi, but she prefers to think there's more to it than that.)
Major: Graphic Arts

Background:
Jess comes from a wealthy, well off family.  Both of her parents are alive and still married after 35 years.  Despite having means, Jess was the freshman who showed up to her first day of university four years ago with nothing but a suitcase full of clothes and personal belongings, her books and school supplies, and her most prized possessions, her camera equipment.  She worked full-time while attending classes, two jobs, if you count selling her photographs on the side.  Despite her parents hassling her about money she never asked them for a dime.  Still, this didn't prevent her from bringing back an entirely new wardrobe every time she went home for summer or Christmas break.  Clothes she usually allowed her friends to borrow without any care if the garments were returned.  She prides herself on making it through school on her own terms, and by her own means.

Jess is a very visually artistic person which is most greatly displayed through her love of photography.  She has a notorious reputation for always having a camera on her and snapping pictures of people whenever the fancy strikes her.  She's sensitive that not everyone likes being photographed, but she'll still tease someone and do her utmost to make them warm up to the camera.  Behind a camera she can quite literally do anything.  Without her camera quite a different personality is shown.  She becomes borderline shy, quiet, and speculative, especially around strangers or in an unfamiliar environment.

Other: Jess is very much the "nerd".  She's not exceptionally brainy but she loves video games, anime, manga, TCGs, and pretty much anything else along those lines.  Above all though, she enjoys cosplay, and has dragged a number of her friends to Comic-Con and Dragon*Con, as well as E3.

onetruebabylon

Certainly not a difficult part! And since we now have the required number of players I'd like to ask that people toss out any ideas they might have. And, Miss Amkiir, I would also recommend that you invite friends of yours! I certainly think I might invite a couple of people I've enjoyed having threads with here. I'll be dropping you all a line so we can get to know each other--I'm eager to meet you all!

Name: Jasper Lorenzo Salazar
Age and Birthdate: 23 | May 5th, 1990
Height and Weight: 6’ 3’’ | 180 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Major: Juris Doctorate in Tax Law
Background: Young, bright, (and a closet nerd) but facing challenges that put his future pursuance of a Doctor of Judicial Science degree in jeopardy. Unlike some of his friends this young many does not come from an overly wealthy household, his family only having made some $65,000 a year. Jasper worries that his contribution to the group’s two-week vacation was the smallest as he already faced rather large and looming student loan debt—despite his numerous grants and a small scholarship. Exacerbating the situation is the recent loss of his mother only a few months prior to graduation. Even as these monumental obstacles bear down on him he has always been an incredibly upbeat and cordial young man, friendly and outgoing when the situation calls for it.

After graduation his prospects are surprisingly bright, with a pending job offer as an intern with a major law firm in New York City. Yet even with this golden and much-needed opportunity on the horizon he has to wonder what’s in the future for his heart—unlike some college graduates he is neither engaged nor married. Hailing from a rather tradition family there is also much home pressure on the idea of him tying the knot and having children, an idea he is currently lukewarm to given his desired career in law. Balancing the life of being a judge, something he would like in the long term, along with a young family is not a challenge he wishes to face just yet. For him these two weeks are incredibly important and crucial escape from the outside world, a chance to collect himself and worry about little more than having a good time! These people have become the most dear and precious thing in his life and this may be their last chance to bust loose together.
Other: I would like my dear Jasper here to start in a relationship, if at all possible. So if any of our current or future players and characters are interested, let me know! Details about Jasper that these friends, maybe except one or two, would not know: He has always had a proclivity towards the geeky and nerdy lifestyle himself and may very well have tagged along with Jessica to Dragon and ComicCon. More than this he writes romances on the side, curiously pursuing the idea of being an author should law prove an inhospitable lifetime career. A sappier side to the otherwise unwavering and brilliant young man.

Keyria

Like the idea, sounds pretty awesome to me. I'm in!

Name: Keyria (Key) Manitea Lovi
Age and Birthdate: 24/ July 19, 1988
Height and Weight: 5'6"/ 135 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight, no interest in experimenting.
Major: Economics
Background: Keyria wasn't born into a wealthy family, being brought up mostly by her grandmother, her parents being divorced. She spent a few years during high school in Arkansas with her father, leaving because of some rather unpleasant things that went on. She studied and worked hard through school, getting high grades resulting in her graduating with honors. She received a full scholarship to college. Spending many hours in the library, she worked herself to the bone finally earning her degree. She had a rather eclectic life though, enjoying many different hobbies and tastes. She loves music and will dance just about anywhere if the mood strikes her. She reads a lot, usually never seen without a book.
Other: She loves the colors purple and teal, always wearing one or the other or both. She isn't really afraid of much, leading to her "weirdness".  Very faithful person, doesn't like cheaters.

I'm that girl your mother used to warn you about...
When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm even better...

Cami

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Dylan "Dyl" Raine Cooke

Age/Birthdate: 21/ May 8th, 1992

Height/Weight: 5'8"/ 115 lbs

Orientation: Bisexual

Major: Pharmaceutical Studies

Backround: Dylan grew up in a dysfunctional family. With an alcoholic for a father, and a workaholic for a mother. She passed between the two a lot, finally settling for the lesser of two evils with her mother at the age of twelve. Dylan had to grow up fast, and that put her ahead of the maturity curve in her grade and the ones above her. She knew that without drive and motivation, she would never get anywhere, so she put her nose to the brimstone and got to work. Later in high school, Dylan determined that letting loose a bit wouldn't hurt, and that was when she discovered the sensual, fun side of herself. Though it is one that comes out rarely. Her achievements in high school led her to college on a full ride, and far far away from her parents. She is practical, and level headed, though she tends to get a bit whimsical at times. Her nature is light and loving, despite her having to raise herself as a child.

Her financial situation was somewhere in the middle. Never growing up without, though never having the best of everything right when she wanted it. Not that Dylan required more than a bottle of water and a ponytail holder. Her contribution to the group was solely based on her own means, things she had earned through her own job, paying for the small apartment she lived in off campus, near the country as well as food and the like. Her money was earned honestly, though oddly. Modeling jobs here and there, fixing old things she had learned throughout the years, nothing too fancy.

Other: While her gamer side led her into the tight knit group of friends, she prefers to be outside. Hiking, swimming, bike riding, running. Anything that allows her to feel the wind on her face and listen to the song of the trees is a bonus in her mind. She doesn't get particularly close to anybody, unless you've proven to be trustworthy, and she's know you for awhile. Dylan reads people very easily, and is often referred to as a "therapist" leading others to wonder why she didn't pursue a career in psychiatry. She has a Monroe piercing, and a star tattoo on her left side.

Miyu

I will need to back away from the rp, just got busy with work and will not be able to dedicate time as it should deserve.

Vaulera

I suppose I would be interested, I'll get around to formulating a character sheet when I'm off work/school.

Rage

As Vaulera said, I'm interested, will have a character up for you at some point tomorrow.
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

onetruebabylon

Welcome, welcome! I'd be glad to have you two aboard.
Though it is sad to see you go, Miyu. Please do take care of your professional obligations first! Elliquiy isn't going anywhere.

I've updated all of the lists accordingly.

Gekido

Are you still looking or are you full?

onetruebabylon

Still looking, especially for men.
Not that I mind being the only dude so far.

Gekido

Name: Brian Connors
Age and Birthdate: 24//June 30rth,1988
Height and Weight:5’9” 160 pounds
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Major: Forensic Science
Background: He was raised and borned in Puerto Rico, ever since he was little he was a little too obsessed with death. He grew up being a goth after her father’s death due to a drug overdose. His grades however never fell down, he always kept straight A’s or B’s in whatever he did. His mother was a lawyer so he had everything he could ever wanted. Two years after the death of his father she hooked up with another man and started living together. This man was a very good man and respected Brian. Brian grew up to like him and even call him father, however it all came to a stop when Brian slept with him.

His mother didn’t knew that Brian was bisexual, he felt the same for male and females alike. Finally leaving his house he moved away to the university and got a room on campus. He quickly befriended a group of people, they however didn’t knew about him being bisexual. He got a couple of tattoo’s while he was in collage. Finally graduating with honors he decided to go with his friends to hang out somewhere outside the state and have fun.
Other: Nobody knows he is bisexual

whtbitch4u2own

I don't mind taking up a female or male role...whichever is needed. Will wait for some one to get back to my post :)
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

Rage

Also, onetruebabylon... May I say this, love the character image...

Which gives me a bloody good idea, I'm sure you'll like what I come up with ;)
In a restaurant.

Keyria

Glad to see we've got some more guy characters popping up. I hope we can get this going soon, it should prove pretty fun.
I'm that girl your mother used to warn you about...
When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm even better...

Cami

I'm sure hoping so. We've got a harem of sexy blondes right now. It's fabulous.

Rage

Name: Aaron "Azza" Michaels

Age and Birthdate: 21 / 15th May 1992

Height and Weight: 5'10" 165lbs

Sexual Orientation: Straight, but may be willing to experiment... Under certain, curcumstances

Major: 3D Graphics and Video Game Programming

Background: Aaron comes from a typically common background, public schools, he has a Mother and Sister in Ontario, Canada. However, Aaron and his family hail from the North of England, having moved to Ontario when his Father was killed in a hit and run. His constant moving since then has made Aaron a little more withdrawn than most of the group, but he has come a long way since they first met, and will always be the 'straggler' of the group. Following them around like a lost sheep, and rightly so, they're the only friends he's got.

Because of his more tentative nature, Aaron is still a virgin, yet is openly attracted to Dylan, despite his prior attempts to hide it all, he was outed when Jasper caught him staring at her as she spoke, he's been more successful, albeit not very good at hiding it half the time, at containing his mild attraction to his fellow 'nerd' Jessica. If confronted about either of these, he'll close up and deny it completely.

Other: When he either denies something or out-right lies, his ears turn crimson, this blush will gradually spread over his neck, this will never happen at any other time. Also, despite his withdrawn demeanour, Aaron will become more lively if the topic of conversation is something he's highly adept in, be it games, or tabletop RPGing.

(If there's anything wrong/missing, lemme know... If there are any issues with my inclusion of the other characters, also, let me know and I'll change it ^-^)
In a restaurant.

Kdyami

Is there room for one more?

Name: Greg Andrew Paice

Age and Birthdate: He is 24, born September 29th 1988.

Height and Weight: 6’3” and 195lbs.

Sexual Orientation: He would call himself bi-curious.  He enjoys women but has never had any problems involving other men in multiple partner “pairings” and has fantasized about exploring more though hasn’t acted on his thoughts to date.

Major: Bachelors in Music Performance (Contemporary Styles), with a minor in Audio Production.

Background: Greg grew up in a musical family, his mother was a piano teacher and his father a choir director for the local church.  Greg took piano lessons from his mother from a very early age but wasn't fond of the rigidness of classical music.  His father taught him to sing strong and loud.  The only other member of the family was Greg's older brother, Kyle.  Kyle was already 12 when Greg was born and as such rebelled against their parents most of Greg's younger years.  As such he moved out to college across the state.

At the age of 12 Greg walked into his brother’s room and found a black electric guitar. He picked it up and made some noise and has been playing ever since that day. After jamming with some friends in his basement they started getting some stuff together with a couple in a trailer in the middle of nowhere. The trailer was cold in the winter and infested by bees in the summer. The mic’s use to shock their lips because of grounding issues but they we started working on their own songs. Working with a great producer, tough times and having a Psycho girlfriend started to make some killer tunes.   All in small Town USA.  Greg realized he had to move to the city to be closer to the music scene and just how much he still had to learn. So he packed his bags and headed for college.  It was a big change for a small towner but he learned and he played building his skills and writing songs is what he did. His hard work paid off when an HR manager was invited to Greg’s senior showcase by one of his instructors and really liked what he heard.  Signing Greg and shipping him to Los Angeles at the end of Summer for a crash course at Musician’s Institute to pick up some band mates and then heading out on tour.  For now Greg is excited to be spending time with his friends, writing songs, and simply enjoying the resort and looking forward to what is to come.

Other: Greg is out spoken, outgoing and generally a nice helpful guy.  He dreams of being a famous rock star but has always tried to avoid the “egotistical, greedy, only out for himself and the dollar sign” mentality that can go with fame.

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Cami

Yay, males. ~begins to play Jeopardy music~ Hopefully we can get this up and running pretty soon.

Rage

So, anyone notice what I did there... Using an imaged link between Azza and Jasper...

Please tell me someone did >.>
In a restaurant.

onetruebabylon

Watch out.
My character's watch might say "Sylar" on it. ;)

Aaron and Jasper are going to be the best of friends. And now that we have some nice guys (the lot of us need to be best bros ever, by the way) we can keep getting more ladies! I happen to know one more wants to join.

Gekido

Rage

Quote from: onetruebabylon on October 22, 2012, 07:17:54 PM
Watch out.
My character's watch might say "Sylar" on it. ;)

Aaron and Jasper are going to be the best of friends. And now that we have some nice guys (the lot of us need to be best bros ever, by the way) we can keep getting more ladies! I happen to know one more wants to join.

What can I say... 'Brother'?

And let her in, I'm heading to bed, will be back tomorrow, after work.
In a restaurant.