Shadows of the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 3.5)

Started by Nicolae, October 19, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I got a birthday party to go to today, so I'll try to finish my druid's sheet finally tomorrow.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Muse

*Sweat drop* 

It might be the second edition snob in me still, but it's really weird for me to think of a Harpell sorcerer. 

^_^;; 

I suppose it makes sense for a family with that many wizards to produce a sorcerer or two just from the saturation of the bloodline.  *Shrugs* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

It does seem a little harpel heresy, doesn't it? *shrugs* It hit me as off too, but to each their own.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Landshark

Well my take on it was as Muse suggested. With that much magical power in the family mixed with all the magical auras and dweomers not to mention alchemy that permiates the estate it seemed like a natural event for a 3.5 set up.

The only reason I suggested a roll call was that the player list at the beginning doesnt list classes or races of the approved players. I only suggested it so as to keep us from searching through the pages to see who is what. I dont think I over stepped any bounds by suggesting it but if i did I appologise.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char Adrian is male human (but has enough femine look most mistake him woman until he speaks).

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Whoa, wow...Calrond, is this a redress of the earlier game that fell down? And if so, would you be amenable to me throwing an 8th level rehash of my previous Tiefling into the current sorting pot? I'd probably not be able to have her sheet reworked and up 'til Wednesday.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Nicolae

@CarnivalOfTheGoat: That would work just fine. It's not that similar to the campaign I started earlier this year. It's got a different BBG and plot, but the city hasn't changed. I've also advanced the way the adventurers will be introduced to the plot (instead of meeting in a tavern, you have all been summoned to the City Watch HQ due to your reputations as adventurers - one advantage of ECL 8 over ECL 3 is that you actually have reputations). Your character already has a backstory that I love, so update your sheet to level 8 and we'll be in business.

@ghostwheel: That two-party idea you mentioned wasn't bad at all.
O/O   Ideas

Muse

Serge Renard is a human male Wizard 6, Eldritch Knight 2.  Hopefully his next level will be Abjurant Champion.

Waves.  Good morning, Carney!  Good to game with you! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Nicolae

Alright, I'd like for everyone to make our lives easier by going here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188672.0 and posting a description and picture of your character. You can post as much as you like, but I at least want the name, a physical description, and a picture of your character.
O/O   Ideas

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Calrond on October 28, 2013, 03:58:11 PM
Alright, I'd like for everyone to make our lives easier by going here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188672.0 and posting a description and picture of your character. You can post as much as you like, but I at least want the name, a physical description, and a picture of your character.
Can we post sheets there?

Nicolae

Sure, if you want to. You don't have to, though. (If Elliquiy had a [ private ][ /private ] function like Myth-Weavers does, I'd make it mandatory, but since it doesn't, I won't.)
O/O   Ideas

Muse

Hey Blinkin.  PM me if you want me to find you a picture.  :) 

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Calrond on October 28, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

Do you want all candidates to post their things? Or just people accepted? Etc

Nicolae

Even if you're one of the people I haven't added to the list yet, you can go ahead and post your character description. In your case, ghostwheel, I just haven't put you on the list yet because I forgot you were finished with your character.
O/O   Ideas

Ixy

Zaer Darkwail

Added my char in. Just waiting eagerly when game does start.

Nicolae

@Ixy: Sorry to hear that, but I understand.

That puts us down one divine spellcaster. If anyone wants to add a wand of cure ____ wounds to their sheet, let me know.
O/O   Ideas

Zaer Darkwail

I only edited mine to have blessed book instead metamagic rod (enlarge). As I discovered the book saves tons of cash if I bother spend remaining 700g or so for spells (or cleverly use my regional bonus to learn six more 1st level spells and one 2th level, or two 2th level spells).

Blinkin

I'll pick up a Wand of Cure Light... it's 250? How much is a Wand of Cure Moderate?

I think I can move some gold around to afford the wand, but I may have to move some sill points to use the thing... need to look at my character
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Nicolae

@Blinkin: A wand of cure light wounds is 750. Cure moderate wounds is 4500.
O/O   Ideas

Blinkin

Ah, ok then... I'll make the following changes to the equipment list...

Replace Rope of Climbing with a Survival Pouch (1,500 GP)

That'll give me the gold for the wand and about 750 more to spare... so going shopping for something else so that I won't have so much gold.

Also removing the following items.

Potion of CLW (x2)
Bedroll
Blanket(x2)
Canteen(x2)
Trail rations (x10)

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, 50 charges. Belt of healing is also handy tool; allows distribute 3 charges either three mild heals, one moderate+mild or one critical heal. Costs same as wand CLW.

However, if you can afford it you should buy both wand of vigor and wand of CLW because vigor gives best after combat healing while CLW suits for quicker healing.

EroticFantasyAuthor

ChaoticSky

Blinkin

If the wand of vigor is the same as the wand of CLW, I can afford it... and have about 250 left over... Anyone know if D&D 3.5 has anything like the Pathfinder Campfire Stone?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.