Futuristic/post-Apocalyptic? Open to anyone!

Started by LilLadyFirecracker262, October 26, 2011, 03:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilLadyFirecracker262

I was sparked by an awesome writing prompt from Kyrsa, asking to explain what was on the cover of a newspaper from January 1, 2100. Rather than focusing on the paper itself, I thought about the context. So I'm more than open to ideas, but to start off, I was thinking big-brother style government, intergalactic colonies, and a very damaged planet Earth. Perhaps it seems cliched, but as mentioned, I'm very open to ideas. If I have any takers, I'll be more than happy to post what I've got so far for inspiration...

PerfectlyInsane

I'm down to play!

Hello! I'm Alice. :]
That is so very interesting.  What about drawing aspects of Eon Flux and other futuristic movies I've seen. 
The human population has been drastically cut from billions of people to only thousands of people over century of war.  As the world was plagued with toxic and radiation waste, what was left of the human race was forced into a dome-like structure called "the Ark." Coinly enough it did hold what was left of the animals humans used in their daily lives, and what was left unsalvageable was simulated.  To remain in control of the human race and to insure that peace would remain in the ark, a board group was created who help strict authority over the law and the law over the people of the Ark.  Since humans were so feeble, high-tech robots were assigned their role in watching over the people in a strict orderly fashion.

selfexiled

Dont forget they'll prolly also control birth rates and the number of people each family can hold. To bad such power goes to people's heads and very likely the board or atlesat a couple members are getting a little corrupt in their management.

Sounds fun to me.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Crowe

I'm deifinitely interested to learn more.

Question: Is this a real-life world (despite the extreme circumstances)? Or can there be magic like Final Fantasy games?

Capone

In response to the Big Brother aspect: if you're genuinely drawing inspiration from George Orwell's 1984, remember that it was about more than some big member of government watching what everyone was doing at all times. A lot of it had to do with class structure, and how each revolution did nothing more than elevate some middle class to upper class while the lower class remained on the bottom. I'd love to go into it in detail, buuuut that's probably a little TOO much. If you can, check out the movie. It's pretty accurate to the book. Unfortunately, it's not on Netflix Instant anymore.

I'd definitely be interested, though I've never been good at coming up with fascist or totalitarian governments. I'm better with the sort of No-Man's-Land like in Fallout or Borderlands, or something like a zombie apocalypse.