Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

Quote from: Primarch on April 30, 2016, 09:20:18 PM
Good! We'll have a fine Lannister brood at the beginning. What you got in mind for the character?

I think I'd end up being a cousin of your guy -- only because I was trying to avoid being from the direct line that came from the Targaryen/Lannister union, since it seems too important for my guy. The goal was to be the 'younger brother' to somebody more important -- so for the sake of creating connections, and if you're down for it, I could be your guy's younger sibling.

The general idea is to have a job working under one of the Masters (Coin or Law maybe), but his real power/connection comes from running organized crime in King's Landing.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Primarch

Quote from: lockepick on April 30, 2016, 10:13:26 PM
I think I'd end up being a cousin of your guy -- only because I was trying to avoid being from the direct line that came from the Targaryen/Lannister union, since it seems too important for my guy. The goal was to be the 'younger brother' to somebody more important -- so for the sake of creating connections, and if you're down for it, I could be your guy's younger sibling.

The general idea is to have a job working under one of the Masters (Coin or Law maybe), but his real power/connection comes from running organized crime in King's Landing.

Younger sibling is fine with me.

summoner2183

My pending character application.

Jerome Lannister
"The People's Lion"
"The Bastard Lion"
"The Black Lion"

Full Name: Jerome Lannister

House: Lannister

City: Lannisport

History:

Jerome was descended from surprisingly Tysha, the first woman that Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister married for two weeks. Even though the events of their marriage was rather tragic, after the rape that Tywin Lannister ordered on her... Tyrion's seed was strong enough that Tysha bore a daughter for Tyrion unknown to him. That daughter was given the name Riona... a tribute to her father who she will never know.

Riona grew up under the tutelage of her mother, who used the money she earned to send her to better herself and learned about herbs and some medical training even though she was no Maester, which prompted her to opening up a shop selling herbs as well as offering her services as a healer for the small folk. Her fame for providing good healing services as well as kindness to the smallfolk attracted the attention of the Maester serving in Lannisport and he went over to find out what is it all about. He then spoke with her and tried to convince her to join the Maesterly Order... so that her skills would be able to benefit more people but she refused politely, stating that the smallfolk needed her services more than the wealthy and the Lords who probably had such services readily available to them.

Rather than get angry, the Maester was rather amused that she was so much like the youngest son of the Lannisters in Lannisport and then left with a bow. A few days later, Damien Lannister... intrigued by what his Maester had said about a woman healer in Lannisport having such a similar view about the smallfolk as him decided to seek her out and it was love at first sight. What comes after was a few years of courting, speaking and an endless bout of him sitting with her as she provided healing services for the smallfolk until she agreed to marry him, if only he would not stop her from carrying out what she had been doing now.

It was a rather unusual affair for a Lannister to marry a commoner, and what ensued was the worst scandal that ever rocked the House. While it was rumored that Riona was in fact, Tyrion Lannister's daughter... no one could could prove that fact and no one cared to because of the circumstance before her birth which was the gang rape by commoner Lannister guards that were orchestrated by none other than Tywin Lannister himself which puts the rumor to a certain unfavorable light. In short, Damien had married a whore's bastard and both of them were treated very coldly by not only members of their House but also those minor Houses that wanted to stay in good graces with the great House. It was in this environment that Jerome grew up in, and while his parents loved him and taught him not to hold a grudge over what others had said or done to them, he could not help but feel a deep seated fury for the members of his own House. He feels that it is unfair to be judged over things that no one has control over, and he swore to himself to clear his mother and grandmother's as well as his grandfather's name at all costs while keeping to the path that his parents had urged him to do... be kind to the commonfolk and serve them as best as he could instead of demanding service from them like most other Lords and Ladies would have. He strives to be the best Lannister he could be despite the overwhelming negative view towards him and his family.

Family Connections:
Grandfather: Tyrion Lannister
Grandmother: Tysha

Father: Damien Lannister
Mother: Riona
Cousin: Ragnar Lannister, Head of House Lannister

Appearance:

Face Claim: Austin Butler

Jerome is fair haired and has the pale blue eyes of his mother, though the silky blond hair of his father... which somehow reminds people of a young Lancel Lannister, but less feminine looking. He has a rather lean and muscular physique, though he had many scars on his back due to incidents of bullying and deliberate training accidents set up by trainers due to their disdain about what he represents. His hair is always kept at ear length, and he usually has that goofy and happy go lucky smile on his face whenever he is around friends and the family he adores. He often wears leather pants and boots and a set of light chainmail below his tunic and leather shirt that he is accustomed to wearing. A pouch of healing herbs and remedies is always found attached around his waist and he carries a short sword attached to his belt as well as some daggers hidden in his boot for his own protection.

Personality:

Growing up in a rather hostile environment made Jerome become a rather unique character. While outwardly, towards the townsfolk and the common people he was kind and compassionate and is always ready to help... but when it comes to nobility and the wealthy he holds a cold aloofness that stems from his disdain and hatred of them... and those were especially aimed at his own House and its supporting Houses for treating his parents the way they did. He is loyal to those who has earned it, and those who has earned his loyalty would find that they would find no better ally who is not only quick witted, but also very generous with whatever limited wealth his family still possesses. He is also quite witty, and is able to amuse others and talk his way out of situations and is a great listener... something that his grandfather was famous for and he is totally unaware of that fact. Being ostracized throughout his life, a pariah of the House actually endeared him to those who suffered the same fate.. and he had more friends and companions from those who had the same background as he does. Bastards of Lords and Noblemen, to ironically... the same profession that he was not comfortable of being associated with... whores. He always treated them kindly, and while he never partook in the pleasures of the flesh like his grandfather was rather infamous for, he did his best to offer his services to the pleasure houses as a healer of sorts and his name was famous amongst the pleasure houses but it stained his own reputation as following in his grandfather's footsteps. He did not care for those who gossiped behind his back as he reasoned with himself this was the way to slowly build the reputation of the House... a House that he wanted to see shedding the old views that its predecessors had built and into a new one that is famous for not only tolerance but also compassion for those who worked for them.

Aspirations and Goals:

- To clear his grandmother, mother and grandfather's name so that she will be remembered as an honest woman and not a whore
- To build a new era for House Lannister that does not look down upon the weak and discriminate against any profession and children, no matter their circumstance of birth
- To make sure that no tyrants such as his great grandfather would once again take control of House Lannister

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

Strengths: ) Intelligent and possesses Street Smarts
                  2) Some knowledge of healing and herbmastery
                  3) A good knowledge of battle arts and compassionate towards the plight of the smallfolk
                  4) Loyal and Earnest towards friends and allies as well those who has earned it
                  5) Has an affinity and builds friendships with bastards and outcasts from other Houses

Weaknesses: 1) Impulsive and sometimes rather hot headed
                      2) Has a distaste for Lannisters that descended from Cersei Lannister's line with the exception of Margaery Tyrell and Tommenn Lannister
                      3) His kindness and compassion towards the smallfolk could sometimes be used to make him do things he does not want to as long as they are safe.
                      4) Hates the current Lannister House for ostracizing his parents and their affiliated Houses
                      5) Hates being mocked as the son of a whore's bastard... and is rather vengeful.

Character Death: No

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Player's O&Os https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=136903.msg6116831#msg6116831

Other Pictures

[/spoiler]

If anyone wants to create a future plot with and around him... feel free to contact me.

sweets

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 30, 2016, 08:42:14 PM
You guys can feel free to post your pending sheets here if it helps with plotting!

I'm just wanting Red to look at them before they're approved, so sorry about the wait!

Don't worry about the wait at all.

BruceTheCat

Hey guys!

Sorry I have been gone all day doing stuff. Just catching up now, reading sheets and chatting with Rel about what has been happening.

Huge thanks to Rel for covering everything on her own while I was gone!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Red Lobster on May 01, 2016, 01:49:02 AM
Hey guys!

Sorry I have been gone all day doing stuff. Just catching up now, reading sheets and chatting with Rel about what has been happening.

Huge thanks to Rel for covering everything on her own while I was gone!

Aww thanks! Thanks for sticking around to help me look at these sheets on your busy day!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248436.0

Here is the Character Sheet thread if you're needing to post them! I'll also update the house profiles tomorrow afternoon.

We still got lots of room for characters and plots!

Aiden

I have been approved, connections I can only see it occurring if someone's character has been to the free cities or visited Qohor looking to hire or place an order for weapons of damn good quality.

sweets

Quote from: Aiden on May 01, 2016, 11:03:46 AM
I have been approved, connections I can only see it occurring if someone's character has been to the free cities or visited Qohor looking to hire or place an order for weapons of damn good quality.

With Longclaw gone House Mormont would need a blade that could pass hands down the family line. As loyal to House Mormont as Darna is they know she would not run off with an expensive blade. I'll shoot you a PM when I'm on break at work.

RedEve

1. Is this still recruiting?

2. Are the Martells already claimed?

BTW, the first half of the King's announcement wouldn't be much of a shock to Dorne, now would it? Since that's already how they were doing things.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Emjay

Just posted my character sheet. If anyone would like connections just shoot me a PM. Also, I am looking for someone to play Leandra's younger sister. She plans to use her sister as a means to make a connection with another Great House by marrying her off. Although she cares for her sister, due to the age difference between them and the death of their mother, their relationship is more akin to mother and daughter. She's also quite controlling and commands almost every aspect of her younger sister's life.

I know I've linked a face claim in the sheet for the sister but I am open to suggestions although I would prefer someone with dark hair (seeing as they are half Martell). I am also open to a name change for the younger sister.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Ryven

I'll try and have my character up sometime this week.

Amelita

I'm slowly working on my girl!

The massive plot around my original one keeps building on itself, so I better! haha

Woo Martells ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bibliophilia

I've got a second character that I'm working on, and he should be up soon.  -pets him.-  And I'm already thinking about a third one...because I have a problem.  -hangs head...surreptitiously writes down ideas on a piece of paper.-

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 01, 2016, 07:36:13 PM
I've got a second character that I'm working on, and he should be up soon.  -pets him.-  And I'm already thinking about a third one...because I have a problem.  -hangs head...surreptitiously writes down ideas on a piece of paper.-

You and me both, sister.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Bibliophilia

Red, would you be okay with a member of the Faceless Men?

Rel Mayer

Hey! I had a few of you mention that you wanted to do a history scene before the IC starts.

Here is a history thread for you to write solo posts to play your character out. Plot some pre-IC stuff with others. Whatever you feel like. :)

Caela

Faceclaiming Deborah Ann Woll for Caela.  >:)

Evil people getting more character ideas stuck in my head!

We need a Stark.

Bibliophilia

I'm going to go ahead and claim Jourdan Dunn for my third (and final) character.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 01, 2016, 08:09:43 PM
Red, would you be okay with a member of the Faceless Men?

I believe it's still a no for now!

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Rel Mayer on May 01, 2016, 11:07:27 PM
I believe it's still a no for now!

Sorry for the late response on this! Been busy at work most of the day. Yes, Faceless Men are off limits for now
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Urbanzorro

Would a youngish (Mid 20s) Head of House Stark be welcome?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Bibliophilia

Okay!  That's not a problem, since I went a different direction.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 01, 2016, 11:11:10 PM
Would a youngish (Mid 20s) Head of House Stark be welcome?

That would be fine Urbanzorro! We are accepting Heads of Houses in that same age range. I believe we have a few already in their mid-late twenties
- scribus1000