OWOD being human story, Ghosts,Werecreatures, Vampires etc OH my!-Interest check

Started by Sabriel, March 02, 2010, 07:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

being human

A story about a Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, Demon, Witch, etc. etc. who share a house and live together hiding there secret from the world and trying to eke out an existence.

OK so my premise for this idea is to combine a show with which I am quite fond of with the world of darkness which I suspect had a great influence on the creators. If your now familiar with the show that is not important since knowledge of the show will in no way help you really anyway other than to give you a better idea of what this story will be about.  You can easily find out about it by simply googling "being human" but I hope my explanation will be enough to give you the gist of the idea.

This story is basically about what the name above says which is also a large theme of many games in the WOD system which some people seam to forget. For example some Vampire players often seam to forget the whole Humanity thing and the struggle against the beast, I'm sure anyone familiar with WOD will have encountered this and not just in Vampire. Now I have never been a big fan of cross venue things but in this case I think it is an interesting story.  Your character types will be supernatural creatures who feel alone in there world who have banded together despite there differences to form a common unit and family, after all the one thing you have in common is that your not human really and the world would likely view you all in the same way regardless if one of you seams more monstrous than the other.

In the show being human it is a story about three main characters with another sort of joining later, first of you have Annie a ghost who haunts the house that Mitchell a vampire and George a werewolf move into.  Annie is of course very pleased to have two guests in her house who can see her and interact with  her and well she has a love of making tea and keeping busy hehe.  Mitchell the vampire is a bit of a dark card with a bloody past but a strong desire too stay of human blood he is see as a freak by his other kind obviously because they are much more controlled by there vampiric nature. George is a werewolf and well he is really a nice guy too just unfortunate enough to be stuck with a condition that overcomes him at certain times of the month. This little gang have formed a tight friendship and they all share the goal of trying to live a normal life which is not so much a bad thing is it.

I want original characters for this idea however I don't wish to copy the show I wish to tell a story like it a look at it from another angle perhaps and well some fun and shenanigans with other supernatural types. I will be taking on the role of a storyteller of sorts myself and well weaving plot and story into the mix as well as providing a few characters to meet and interact with. It will be slightly different from the show since I will be taking a more detailed look at it via the WOD view. I mean vampires won't be so brazen about walking around in the daytime unprotected and they likely won't be active at all in the day in general, one trying/struggling to maintain his humanity would however find this easier than those who have given into there vampiric nature.  Also any werewolves in this story will not quite be the same they won't likely be cursed but rather born as such. 

I will clarify these things at a later date however for now Id just like to see if people are interested and what kind of characters they would like to play if so.  I am going to be open to most supernatural types and even non supernatural if there is a good cause for it.  I won't be accepting characters which are blatantly inhuman since this is a game about trying to maintain a sense of normal life and survive and hide generally keep your identities secret. So a demon that likes to go around tearing people apart or something will not be welcome and I can't imagine many people would really want to live with them, No Edward type characters either please, there will be no shiny sparkly overly whinny vampires here.

OK so that's this open for discussion any questions or ideas please post here or pm me if you would prefer I don't mind either way.

Thanks for reading :)

Vrag

I would be interested in this... Are there any oWoD archetypes/races that you'd prefer not to see a player take up?

Sabriel

I don't think it is feasible for me to make a list of what Id prefer not to see as player types, so i would treat each case on a basis of if it made some sense and would fit in well. If it would obviously cause problem or made no sense I would not allow it, there are some certain ones I see being hugely unlikely Sabbat orientated vampires for example, Fae, Hunter's, Mummys and Technocracy Mages.

There are also certain things I would never in a million years allow but I sort of feel that these don't require mentioning since they are either dead clans of vampires or tribes of werewolves or things that would have no place in the setting, as an example there will be no Nagah sharing there secret of what they are with a house of supernaturals :P Basically anything someone with common sense would not put in a game without regard to story or setting just because it's "cool".

As a few examples her are some ideas.

So something like the rare Black Spiral Dancer cub who escaped there hive and has no real intention of being a part of there tribe or the wyrm schemes, wanting to try forget the things that happend to them and live a normal life and escape the darkness of the world. -Is fine

A Tzimisce fleshcrafter who has no humanity or care for mortals or the world at large. -Is not really going to work Id imagine.

A Orphan mage who shuns the traditions and prefers to make it on there own in the world with other likeminded supernatural. -is also fine.

A Ghost that haunts the house trying to get the supernatural to leave or worse kill them. -Not going to work :P  Although some behavior like this could be acceptable providing that secretly the Ghost did not actually wish them to leave or any harm, I.E a ghost that was the previous occupant of the house might act like he begrudges having them there and such but actually quite like them just not like to admit it, maybe over time the ghost would show more of a friendly nature to its friends.

Basically I guess the main thing to keep in mind is that you should obviously at least want to be with the other characters for some reason, you don't have to be the most friendly creature in the world maybe you might be grumpy or anti social but there should be a reason for you to share each others company and support. 

In the end I am open to hear all suggestions for character ideas

Just so long as you don't sparkle  ;D

Although there are some things I might allow to technically "sparkle"   :-\

Vrag

A mage, then, but one who just barely fits the definition. He woke up one day and was aware of the universe not working how other people thought it did, and even more aware of the fact that it suddenly didn't like him as much.

If it's alright, I'd like to play as this mage. Just a kinda weird guy trying to be normal, until this all happened to him. Now he can't hide what he is, not all the time. I'd like to give him the flaws echos and weirdness, so that his magic always has something off about it and there's something about him that always points a subtle but damning finger at him in the least convenient times. Aware that he couldn't pull off hiding with any normal humans, and very apprehensive about cooperating with the few mages that he's interacted with so far, he was struck by fortune when he found an opportunity to hide with some companions in similar circumstances.

And Sabriel, you're forgetting, there ARE no Nagah. >.>

Duchess

not familiar with WoD, would that be an issue?? to join?
this seems like the calm easy roelplay i would like to join

Sabriel

Hehe neat that my kind of mage it fits perfectly and well I think a look at the mage's perspective would be nice, Ive not problem with you taking flaws to represent weirdness either, magic should be a little weird afterall.

And exactly that there are no Nagah they do not exist at all, and well none of the ones that don't exist would ever live with other supernaturals not even the ones who are really "Mokole". But you know some people have that delusion that there real :P Strangely they always seams to disappear after suggesting such.

It must all be some Malkavian ploy  ::)

And Duchess it would not really be a big problem id imagine since I don't really intend to enforce a system at all unless people want me too.

Vrag

Most excellent, Lady Sabriel! So, should I draw up an oWoD character sheet and write a description for him somewhere, or what would you prefer I do?

And to Lady Duchess, unless we intend to get into fights with powerful werewolves and celestial forces beyond mortal comprehension, old World of Darkness hardly ever requires you to actually crack open a rule book.

Senti

Sabriel

OH well that is great we are certainly building up a little group of housemates quicker than I expected :)

I have you to thank for part of my decision to give the idea a try too Senti since your game sort of spurred me into wanting to try this idea of mine :P

Duchess

hmmmm : i think i will throw the dice on a changeling, what kind still have to think, guessing a fae

Sabriel

Ah well that could be intresting I suppose I could not tell you to much about Changeling's myself since that is one of the WOD venues I'm least familiar with, but it is not essential to me that we go exactly by the books anyway. 

So a Fae would make an intresting addition too I believe :)

Senti

I would fancy a Nuwisha if that would be allowed? If not a werewolf.

Sabriel

It would allow it although Id either have to ignore or alter the fact that there is only supposed to be so many Nuwisha on earth at one time or weave some elements into the story where you might find your nature conflicting with your choice of lifestyle. Thinking about this however it could prove intresting so I don't see why it should be discounted.

:)

Senti

Dizzied

I'm interested in this.  I'd love to play a demon- a defiler or a something along those lines if thats okay.

I don't think I'll be able to make a character until early next week, though, I'm a little booked today and tomorrow.

Vrag

Quote from: Dizzied on March 06, 2010, 11:39:22 AM
I'm interested in this.  I'd love to play a demon- a defiler or a something along those lines if thats okay.

I don't think I'll be able to make a character until early next week, though, I'm a little booked today and tomorrow.

Oooh, have you ever considered playing a demon-thrall? I tried demon once, and it was nifty, but thralls have so much potential for fun!

Well, fun for the player. Missing your soul takes a chunk out of enjoying things. But hey, if you traded your soul away, it means you got something worth it in return, right?

Sabriel

A demon would certainly be a neat little addition and I can certainly see why one would want to just be a normal human, after being trapped in hell for so long id imagine just being able to ignore the past and revel in normality would be quite appealing. 

I did consider that people might want to play things like Thrall's, Ghoul's and such too of course.

Senti

I loved Demon when we played it.

The fact that normal folks end up with a demon soul.

We had a bus driver, a drunk school caretaker, and an office worker that played PC games all night. It made a wonderful mix of all powerful with the really banal and normal.

Vrag

Oh god, our characters are never getting their security deposits back, are they?

Sabriel

OK well it seams that we have quite a bit of interest for this so I think its time to decide upon some facts for the setting. I thought it would be nice to sort of poll you all as to where the characters would be living and where in the world that would be.  I am also quite open to this place being entirely fictional since well fictional places can allow for a bit more freedom.

Vrag

Somewhere slightly urban, is my ideal. Preferably somewhere in the Northeast US, with the echos of the industrial age starting to fade as the rust flakes from abandoned warehouses just outside downtown. A small city, not big enough to attract a large supernatural presence in its best days, but not small enough to escape their notice. It would be a place where the winters are quiet, blanketed in snow and cautious tension, but the other seasons are uncomfortably full of the flickering uncertainty which marks the area's supernaturals staking their ever-shifting claims over the dwindling local resources.

It would be a large enough city for a variety of places downtown to keep some night life alive, perhaps fueled by college close at hand. It could be old enough that a few things are still asleep in the sub-basements of stone churches built by union workers before the first Great War. It could be just out of the way enough to lay low for a while, or shrug off the burden that your nature places on you. It might be just big enough to have almost all of what you need, if you spend the time and effort to look. It would be lightly dusted with reminders of the ages it passed through, with a faded fallout shelter sign nailed to the wall of a steel mill on its last legs, perhaps some statues of the area's founders scattered in parks here and there, old enough to have filled acres of land with its dead citizens, and young enough that even some of the old native magic hasn't faded from places in the hills around them, or where the river takes a sharp turn at the corner of downtown.

It would be a city built just on the borders of... the twilight zone.

Senti

Vrag

I was thinking the northeastern US, I should have clarified that in my post. It's an area I know well, and one with enough different features to it that I've never seen it get in the way of playing any given character. I'll edit my post to include that, though.

Opposed?

Xanatos

The area I live in would be perfect lol, from what Vrag is describing, except it has no old ancient churches. But it has a two colleges, SU, and Community, to keep the local economy alive but the populations of the three cities is small thus allowing lots and lots of breathing room for supernaturals. The amount of local authorities is small as well for the three cities. The weather is similar, the mountain areas get snow, the valley is hot during the summer, cool during the winter with plenty of rain.

-chuckles- Anyways, I am interested in playing a Vampire, probably a Toreador. Since the rules are not going to be heavily enforced if at all, how strong do you want our characters? Basic build or a little higher?

Senti

Well me I like games set in the UK, but again that is just a preferance I am not about to do pistols at dawn :)

Vrag

Actually, the area I live in is also three small cities in a valley, we just don't have enough mountain to get snow. What we have instead are hills that fall a little short of the mark, but compensate by being steeply sloped and winding together anywhere outside the river valley.

Xanatos

Interesting. One of the cities in my area is in the mountains, the other two are in the valley. The mountains I live in are quite large and extensive, offering a lot to do in the hiking, fishing, camping, area of things. The mountains has a dam/created lake (which rests partially in the mountains and partially in the foothills actually). There are other notable things, I cannot think of at the moment.

The college town is actually somewhat famous nationwide for its parties, and thus could be a draw to some supernaturals.

Sorry if it seems like I am competing with you Vrag, not my intentions. Your description of an area just almost completely matched my area -laughs-. I really don't care to much where we are put. Though Vrag's description is probably ideal for this type of campaign I would think. Better to stay in an area with minimal supernatural activity so we don't run into to many others like us who might get ticked at seeing kind like us who have rejected their kin.

Vrag

That's the feeling I had when I wrote mine. I did use the city near my hometown as a template, but things seem quiet enough and small enough that there won't be more than a couple handfuls of any given supernatural type other than the character, at least not that we'd end up facing. Besides, I thought it might be better for character logistics to make a single small city, it helps make it easier for characters to jump into action at other locations and keeps everything from spreading out too much. It also means that if you do anything wrong, the consequences are going to be staying right there in town with you.

Sabriel

My own opinion would have to sort of agree with Senti specaily if minimal and consquences are your concern its rather ideal which is one of the things that makes being human unique I believe.

I do think it would create for a richer story in an place which is small and well perhaps out of the way or in a city which one can easily go unnoticed or become lost, in a place where any kind of secret if discovered would like cause trouble however. There won't be huge supernatural presences but they will be there in the background and likely might not quite agree with your choice of lifestyle. For example the Camarilla would not be that bothered by a Toreador trying to lead a mortal style life but they might view your housemates suspiciously if they discovered there secrets, they would certainly encourage the fact that nobody discovered you where not human however. 

As for character strength and such I think that is really something for everyone to decide upon I believe it should be balanced and fair whatever it is and I don't think anyone should be that experienced it would work better if everyone was more sort of new to there condition and perhaps not fully in acceptance or understanding of it yet although this is not vital and negotiable of course :) 

Duchess

Does it has to base on a specific city or place in rl because I never been to the us and would not know where you guys speaking about and I HATE geography

Vrag

Hence the city I suggested. I modeled it off of a city near me, a small city by a bend in a river surrounded by hills. It's a simple enough environment to imagine easily, and the climate in the northeastern US is pretty standard for a temperate area: hot summers, cold winters, spring and fall in between, and it rains a lot. Not much more to picture. A downtown by the bend in the river, and lighter urban areas around it in the valley, stopping at the hills. The details aren't important yet, so why bother with them, right?

Xanatos

As I said, it does not wholly matter to me where we begin. Just certain things do need to be met to allow for a better story.

I also agree with being new to our world. Old and established characters would be MUCH less likely to join together, especially a vamp and werewolf. Those two are hated enemies, only working together in the rarest of occasions and rarely on good terms at that. It seems from my limited knowledge of the other books, that everyone hates the Vampire XD. Not really sure why, but this seems to be the case. So it might also work in my characters favor to be new, so no preconceived ideas are in her head and others will be more likely to not "auto-hate" my character.

Sabriel

QuoteDoes it has to base on a specific city or place in rl because I never been to the us and would not know where you guys speaking about and I HATE geography

Nope it does not have to be a specific place at all it can be a place of pure fantasy simply based loosely on our world.  Just like we create cities and places that don't really exist in fiction and films which often lets us relate to them better without feeling overwhelmed or confused. 

Duchess

not really going by the book just using it to concute a character, even when she is not going to be following the rules from the book completely

a changeling is a Fae soul born into a human body. Early in the humans life, usually before puberty, she undergoes the "Chrysalis", a magical awakening of the Fae soul which previously lay dormant. Once through the Chrysalis, the Changeling exists simultaneously in both the real world and in the "chimerical" reality of the Fae, where creative ideas and imagination have substance. The human soul becomes joined with the Fae soul
I decided to play a changeling with as kith :
Sidhe - the nobility, Lords and Ladies, elves, the Shining Host. The dream of all that is noble and honourable in leaders, but also the arrogance of many leaders

Xanatos

I should be able to get a concept to you Sabriel by tomorrow. I got a late shift today and then a friends birthday party immediately after work, so no time really to get one up right now.

Vrag

I can get my character's background and all that written up as soon as you give the word, Lady Sabriel. I'm eager for things to be underway, as this will be the first game for me on Elliquiy.

Sabriel

OK well I'm in no rush really myself to start and we already have one person who wants to join that can't get there sheet ready quite yet. I have a friend who has expressed some interest to me too privately but she is unsure if she be able to commit yet but I'm keeping her updated, if she does join us she can always come in at a later time since she wanted to play a Ghost which is easy to introduce really.

So anyone who wants to can get to work on there character sheets which are not vital if you do not wish to do one a simple Character bio/background and well a list of any unusual supernatural sort of abilities if any will suffice.

I think before people go getting wild with character ideas however we should establish a theme of normality and what is acceptable in the setting/city where they live. I mean there is a vast difference in cultures between what has been suggested so far. 

What kind of themes and elements do you guys want to see included in the story ?

Vrag

The longer anyone in the World of Darkness exists as whatever type of supernatural being they are, the less human they become. Most can't keep a grip on normality as every day pushes them a little further from the reality they once knew.

A Shifter will never really escape from the distant sound of battle between the Wild and the Wyrm, nor the quiet scratching of the Weaver's spiders, nor the ebb and flow of rage and spirit through their blood.

A Vampire will never fully overcome the hungry beast within, never break free of their clan's specific flaw, and never shrug off their ancient curse to walk freely in the sun again.

A Demon will ... Actually, as it's written, a demon could in theory escape from Torment and rise again into the presence of the Creator, but let's just face the fact that it ain't happening any time soon.

A Mage is just a fragile mortal, intact with all their flaws and vices from before they awoke, but touched by the world-shattering realization that nothing is as they thought, that knowledge is power, and that they know too much, and that they live now under the watchful eye of a reality that simply doesn't like them very much any more.

And beneath it all is the human side, the kind that wants to sleep in on a day off, or catch a game on TV, play their favorite MMO, post on an adult role-playing site. The side of them that wants companionship and warmth, safety from the elements and a sense of Us against the dark and teeming Them. The kind that they keep trying to be like, even as they watch that hope sink slowly over the horizon while time marches forward with relentless disregard.

I want to see us, the players, faced up against all of this terrible inevitability. I want to see us hiding from the quiet and treacherous storm of Vampire politics and turf wars. I want to see us watching our steps, careful of which shadows might hide a pitfall into the Shifter's war. I want us to awkwardly sidestep and earnestly talk through ancient hatreds and unbreakable curses. I want to see us evade the traps and sentries of both the Technocracy's merciless purges and the last-ditch crusade of the Mage traditions to awaken mankind in a blaze of glorious revelations.

I want to watch us face the impossible and know by our natures, we should be doomed never to win.

I want us to do it anyways.

Blitzy

I am actually really interested in this idea.

I only really know Vampire for oWoD, and since that seems to be the idea for it I'd end up playing a Vamp. Maybe a Gangrel, as there's already interest in a Toreador?

I'll be in Florida on vacation until the 14th, and then I have school work I'll have to catch up and due so I don't know when I'd be able to jump in, but I would definitely like to.

I <3 WoD.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Sabriel

Neat that is some nice theme right there I have some ideas of how to mix it all in two so there is a bit of perspective from each side. ^.^

How does everyone feel about the setting being a place being quite strict with laws ?

Duchess

arent we supose to be dealing with a normal world but as the creatures???

Sabriel

It is a normal world yeah pretty much although the WOD is generally a bit darker than ours and well the creatures exist so you know the world is a little different for that it is a fictional twist on our world much like our city will be so there will be no real worry of geography being an issue.

But well my question about laws is sort of exactly to do with a normal world I mean we don't want this turning into something akin to a bad movie or TV series with armed monsters strolling the streets dressed up like its normal to appear like some kind of lunatic Ninja. Even though part of its basis is a TV series lol but well its one based in a very sort of normal world which slightly darker tones and elements of the supernatural.

Duchess

yeah, then i think my choice is perfect in , do you have  a sample of the character sheet?

Sabriel

I can link you a sheet yeah to look at if that's what you mean or if you want I can do a mock up type thing for everybody. I will work on that anyway encase you do all want to make a sheet but well I'm not going to enforce that unless it something you all wish to do this is going to be a storytelling game afterall :)

http://www.black-unicorn.org/rpg/sheets/WoD/ctd/Sidhe.pdf

See aren't I nice I even found you an example one that is the exact type of Fae you want to be  ;D

Anyway Ill got write something up encase, ill post them/it on here tomorrow.

Duchess

WerewolfofLondon

Oh! Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I'd love to get back into playing a WoD game again. I used to play Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
Thinking of playing a Get of Fenris Ragabash!

Sabriel

Character Name
----

Player:

Aliases:
* <Other names your char has gone by that are known>

Creature Type:

Tribe/Clan/Other:

Born:

Description
----

Basic Description:
<What does your actual character look like ? Only items the character always is seen with should be put in this section.>

Other Description:
<If you character has any other type of form or forms please feel free to describe them here.>

Everyday Outfit:

<How does your character typically dress in everyday life? This is how other characters will most often see your character.>

Possessions:

Common Knowledge

----

* <List what is comonly known about your char here>
* <hit enter and type more stuff>
* <keep going>

Rumours

----

* <List some juicy gossip about your char>
* <it doesn't have to be true>
* <just things that people would hear>
* <Let others add more>

Daily Routine
----

* <What does your character do everyday?>
* <Keep going>
* <Is there anything that is only certain days?>

History
----

[Character History] (The info in here is not to be assumed to be in character knowledge unless specifically told by the player or the ST for a specific reason. This is place to share what you created about your character but it is not absolutely needed. If the character has secrets that may be dangerous you may elect to leave this section blank or to only post part of the history.)

• How old are you?
• What was your family life like?
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? etc
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you?

Quotes
  (Entirely optional :P )
----

* <List some quotes by or about your char>
* <Add more>
* <Keep going>

Soundtrack (Entirely optional :P )
----

* <List a Song that Fits the Character> ~ <List the Artist> (<Enter Year or other info>)
* <List a Song that Fits the Character> ~ <List the Artist> (<Enter Year or other info>)

Name:
Nature:
Demeanor:

Attributes
Strength:     Dexterity:         Stamina:
Charisma:    Manipulation:    Appearance:
Perception:   Intelligence:     Wits:

Abilities
Alertness:                  Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics:                   Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl:                       Drive:                       Finance:
Dodge:                      Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Empathy:                   Firearms:                  Law:
Expression:                Melee:                      Linguistics:
Intimidation:              Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership:               Security:                    Occult:
Streetwise:                Stealth:                      Politics:
Subterfuge:               Survival:                    Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Virtues
Conscience:
Self-control:
Courage:

Humanity:
Willpower:
Merits:
Flaws:

Other Supernatural Traits:
Specialties:
Equipment(carried):
Notes/Home Equipment:

Duchess

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i think i should had stayed quiet... laughs amazed

QuoteName: same name like before??
Nature: can you explain?
Demeanor: can you explain?
can you explain?
can you explain?

Attributes can you explain?

Abilities can you explain?

not that good at filling system type sheets, what should i add behind each?

Sabriel

I did not actually make that all myself I borrowed some the little template from a friend with permission of course :)

It is an entirely optional thing too really don't go obsessing over filling it all out or anything because to be honest I'm perfectly fine with just character info and a bit of history etc.

Sabriel

Hehe yeah I can explain and will Ill write up a little guide and post it in a bit.  ;D

Duchess

Sabriel

Name:  <This would the characters name>
Nature:/Demeanor: Most of the Old World of Darkness games use a system of Archetypes to represent the characters personality. An Archetype must be be chosen for the character's Nature (what she truly thinks) and his Demeanor (what he wants people to think she thinks, so the mask she wears). The Nature of a person determine what she must do or gain to regain his self-esteem (Willpower). Some creatures, particularly mortals and Garou, have the same Nature and Demeanor. The Changelings have instead a Seelie and an Unseelie Legacy and the Adhene have three of these.

This page bellow lists the Changelings versions.

http://members.tripod.com/val_grey/legacies.htm

Concept: Is basically a way of summing up your character, everyone has a concept this could be anything from "Corrupt Cop" to "Third wave Feminist" this basically sums up your character in a few words or even one word. It is not exactly an important thing on the sheet because well sometimes a few words can fail to capture a concept.

Supernatural type: This is what kind of creature you are, I.E Kindred (Vampire), Garou (Werewolf), Nuwisha (Werecoyote), etc

Attributes: Attributes are used to represent your raw traits these are things like your physical, social and mental aptitudes, they are general within the range of 1-5 with 1 being poor 2 being average and 5 being well the pinnacle.  More info can be found here - http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Attribute

Abilities: These are things talents, skills and knowledges basically things you character is either talented in skilled at or knowledgeable of.  For example anyone who knows how to Drive would really have at least 1 in Drive :P they are ranked in the same way as attributes and usually combined with one of them to create a dice pool or decide if you can simply perform a task.  More info can be found here - http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ability

I hope that helps and ill be happy to help out more if you have more questions.

WerewolfofLondon

Character Name: Raven Lexus
----

Player: WerwolfofLondon

Aliases:
* Thunder Hammer
* Leech Bane
*Wyrm Foe

Creature Type: Werewolf

Tribe/Clan/Other: Get of Fenris

Auspice: Ragabash (Rotagar)

Description
----

Basic Description:
She is petite (5ft 4ins) and slim with long black hair that reaches her lower back, which she almost always keeps in a long thick braid. Her eyes are bright green framed my long thick sooty eyelashes. Her skin is pale, but has a slight blush to her cheeks and a smattering of freckles marching across the bridge of her nose. Raven rarely smile, but when she does it brightens up her whole face, making her look beautiful rather than just pretty. Around her neck she always wears a necklace of vampire teeth as a warning. She is always adding to this collection.

Other Description:
Lupus: A small, scrawny timber wolfwith grey and white fur and one black ear. Hispo: A timber wolf the size of a small pony (same colouring as lupus) Glabro: A taller more muscular human form. Crinos: Larger werewolf form. Same colouring as Lupus and she is 7ft in this form.

Everyday Outfit:
Black skinny fit jeans, steel toe-capped black army boots, black vest top and black leather jacket.

Possessions:
*Hammer of Thor (A large silver hammer with a metal handle, a long chain is attached to the end with a cuff to attach to the wrist. It is strapped to her back wrapped in animal hide.)

*Motorbike (Red and black Thundercat)

Common Knowledge
----

* Generally a Loner
* Expert Vampire Hunter
* Used to be the Den-Mother for her old Pack

Rumours
----

* She has the highest vampire body count in the UK.
* She was thrown out of her old Pack for accusing her old Alpha of being of the Wyrm.
* People blame her old Alpha's mysterious dissapearence on her.
* There is a bounty on her head set by her old Pack.

Daily Routine
----

* Martial Arts training.
* Patrolling her territory.
* Haunts the local nightclubs on weekends listening to gossip and rumours to find out more about the vampires in the local area.

History
----

[Character History] (The info in here is not to be assumed to be in character knowledge unless specifically told by the player or the ST for a specific reason. This is place to share what you created about your character but it is not absolutely needed. If the character has secrets that may be dangerous you may elect to leave this section blank or to only post part of the history.)

• How old are you? 25
• What was your family life like? She had a good upbringing, her father was Garou and he knew that there was a good chance that she would change some day too, so he kept her in the loop and told her all the tales of the old country. She even met a few pack members too.
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? Her first change happened when against her father's will, she followed him when he went on the hunt with his pack to attack a Spiral nest. It was her father's death that triggered the change. She was 13.
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you? Her wish to see Gaia restored to it's former beauty and to destroy the Wyrm in all its forms.

Quotes  (Entirely optional :P )
----

* Whatever doesn't kill you, had better start running

Soundtrack (Entirely optional :P )
----

* Baby did a bad bad thing ~ Chris Isaak
* The Noose ~ A Perfect Circle
* Sigh No More ~ Mumford and Sons

Attributes
Strength: ***    Dexterity: ****       Stamina: ***
Charisma: **    Manipulation: **   Appearance: ***
Perception: ***   Intelligence: ***   Wits: **

Abilities
Alertness:  ***              Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics: ****                  Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl: ****                      Drive: ***                    Finance:
Dodge: ****                     Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Expression:                Melee: ****                     Linguistics:
Intimidation: ****             Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership: ***              Security:                    Occult: ****
Streetwise: ***               Stealth: ****                     Politics:
Subterfuge: ****              Survival: ****                   Science:

Sabriel

Thank you for your interest WerewolfofLondon   

But did you by any chance actually read the basis for this game ?

I don't think it is going to be the kind of game you are looking for based upon the sheet you have come up with.

I would look elsewhere perhaps since this character would not be one I would allow and well it would not fit in at all with the story.

I mean you would have a difficult time convincing me to accept such a sheet based upon the selection of abilities alone.

Sorry

WerewolfofLondon

I did read the basis and used the profile sheet you provided, but if you would like me to change it then I will. What kind of werewolf would you be looking for?

Xanatos

While I understand the dark world WoD is placed in, I would not be wholly thrilled with the world as Vrag described it. I would prefer it a bit lighter, not to light, just a little lighter. Playing in a world where there is no hope is not even fun. I am not against hardships and such, but being doomed from the get go just defeats the point for me.

Also, I don't believe that any of the supernaturals are doomed to their nature. Humanity always perseveres no matter what and every creature (save for a few), began as human. They still have their thoughts, behaviors, attitudes, and basic humanity. Only the truly weak willed would fully succumb and crumble. Most of humanity strives to adapt, survive, and live on trying to make a life for themselves. So basically my point is our characters, by nature of this very plot, are not your average vamp or werewolf or changeling. They are different, more determined, more willing to adapt. So basically I do not believe we are doomed in any way shape or form. By virtue of who we are shows we have a will to be different than our supernatural natures would otherwise dictate we be.

While I agree that there are going to be some supernaturals that won't take to kindly to the player characters, by en large from what I know of vamp society, is that the Camarilla really could give a damn. They are so self absorbed its a wonder they have lasted as long as they have; the Sabbat from what I was told has so much territory and power its only a matter of time before they simply overwhelm and crush the Camarilla. So the vamp angle really is a none issue, so long as our characters don't make a big fuss or scene.

As for the other supernaturals, really can't say one way or another. Though, just from a general trend I see in WoD, I believe our characters would be seen as pointless to mess with by most, except maybe humans. Because the trend seems to be self absorbed interest, or everyone of the major factions is to focused on killing or holding off their enemies. Basically how I see it, is that we would fall between the cracks and not really be noticed, mostly.

As for my Toreador, I was thinking she could be fairly wealthy and perhaps is the one who owns the house? Perhaps some property? Maybe she owns enough land that is allows them a measure of privacy.

Oh and my car just had a major problem, so until its fixed my focus will be distracted a bit. Having to arrange for rides, perhaps get to my job or school earlier than usual, etc. Thus I might not have as much time or inspiration to really make a character just yet. Shall see what happens.

Sabriel

QuoteI did read the basis and used the profile sheet you provided, but if you would like me to change it then I will. What kind of werewolf would you be looking for?

I would like characters that are not combat monsters and that generally have more of a life and meaning to there existence than hunting down Vampires. This is not a game about traditional characters this is a view upon outcastes of supernatural society who basically wish for some reason or another to be ignored or make an attempt at normal life. I would be looking for werewolves that fit the "Reluctant Garou" thing ones that aren't interested in duty or simply don't see how they can make a difference maybe they just don't know entirely what they are, perhaps there a lost cub.  What I don't want is things that are basically killing machines with no real interest other than killing things, because honestly that's not going to be a focus of this game and if you go around willy nilly killing things the world will make you suffer for it.

QuoteWhile I agree that there are going to be some supernaturals that won't take to kindly to the player characters, by en large from what I know of vamp society, is that the Camarilla really could give a damn. They are so self absorbed its a wonder they have lasted as long as they have; the Sabbat from what I was told has so much territory and power its only a matter of time before they simply overwhelm and crush the Camarilla. So the vamp angle really is a none issue, so long as our characters don't make a big fuss or scene.

I was a bit confused by this statement, I think whoever told you about the Sabbat was either talking about a custom scenario or was a bit deluded. Here is a bit of blurb about the Camarillia, I don't think you could call them self obsessed either as an organization, many of there members might be but as a whole they have a very firm agenda and are very good at what they do. There main agenda is also not akin to suicide, the sabbat idea of freedom is also the worlds worst joke.   

QuoteThe Camarilla is a fictional sect of vampires in Vampire: The Masquerade. The Camarilla are composed of seven clans, and are the largest organization of vampires, and possibly of any supernatural creatures, in the World of Darkness.

Camarilla policy is that vampires should try to fit in with and hide from the rest of humanity, as to easily feed on them. For this reason, they created a web of lies and misinformation, called the Masquerade, to make the public believe that supernatural beings like vampires could not possibly exist. The Camarilla also believes that the only way the vampire species can survive in these modern nights is if it unites—any breach of the Masquerade by any vampire risks exposing the entire race. Both viewpoints are fundamentally opposed by the Sabbat.

The Camarilla also enforces the Eldest as ruling class over the younger vampires.

QuoteAs for my Toreador, I was thinking she could be fairly wealthy and perhaps is the one who owns the house? Perhaps some property? Maybe she owns enough land that is allows them a measure of privacy.

This is fine with me as long as everybody else agrees also althougth obviously there will have to be a reason for the wealth better than I won the lottery or robbed a bank :P 

The world won't be like obviously dark either the World of Darkness is afterall a dark reflection of our world not a reflection of an evil hell where everything is obvious and hopeless.  The Darkness is subtle its not always apparent and it does not come running up to you as soon as you step out your front door. There is certainly hope, but it can sometimes be hard to come by special for some creatures who are confronted with the dark nature of the world. And well there you have part of the reason, Humanity is unaware of the dark world they inhabit as a whole, being just a simple human is easier perhaps than confronting the fact that there are dark forces in the world that your supposed to be one of those or responsible for fighting against them.

I want this to be fun and I am not going to make everyone suffer constantly there may even be some humor and lots of other elements I hope not just constant darkness all of the time crawling from every angle shoving its self down your throat, up your nose and in your eyes. 

You will be able to make a cup of tea without the Wyrm devouring part of your soul, be able go for a walk in a park without a Sabbat pack randomly driving by and assaulting you.  There won't be zombies crawling from every graveyard ghosts in every building :P

Duchess

I think these are not really a necessity in this game; it will take aways all the fun of discovery, like knowing the ending of the story before starting to read:
QuoteNature:
Demeanor:
Concept:
Attributes

Abilities
Virtues
Conscience:
Self-control:
Courage:
Humanity:
Willpower:

maybe yes? or not?
QuoteEquipment(carried):
Notes/Home Equipment:

Sabriel

Its not totally a necessity no but I think I have already said that a few times hehe.

Its only if you want to include it as a group really I'm quite happy with whatever and well character bio's would be fine.

Vrag

While the game itself is more free-form, I think totally skipping having character sheets tends to lead to cases of "Well I MIGHT have that ability"...

Duchess

Character Name: Vanya ruraviel
Player: Duchess
Aliases: V, only friends
Creature Type: half-human, half-fairy changeling- Sidhe
Tribe/Clan/Other: House Gwydion
Born: Fae
Legacies:
Orchid:
Quest – escape dangerous situations with your innocence and well-being intact. Ban – never trust a stranger and never reveal yourself to anyone.
Riddler: Quest – confuse and mislead everyone. Ban – never allow people to know who you are.

Concept:
as a half-human, half-fairy changeling, cut off from Arcadia, not quite of this Earth, she is torn between her human and fae nature. If the two natures aren't balanced, the results may be disastrous. The Dreaming, and the spark of inspiration she  need to live, is fading. And she is faced with an increasingly cold and hostile world; she must do whatever she can to preserve both the Dreaming and the others

Merits: Surreal Beauty, Faerie Eternity, True Love, Mass Appeal

Flaws: Curiosity, Hunted, Cleared Mists, Nightmares

Other Supernatural Traits:
Dream-Craft: art of manipulating the raw stuff that the Dreaming is made of. She can change the physical forms within the Dreaming, which can affect the way that freeholds and other sanctuaries of the Dreaming look. It can also affect voile, the chimerical clothing that Changelings wear while in the Dreaming. art of manipulating the raw stuff that the Dreaming is made of. She can change the physical forms within the Dreaming, which can affect the way that freeholds and other sanctuaries of the Dreaming look. It can also affect voile, the chimerical clothing that Changelings wear while in the Dreaming.
Aphrodesia:The fae version of "Love Potion Number 9", ranging anywhere from a decent attraction to the subject willing to kill themselves for the object of their affection.

Description:

Basic Description:
she is one of those effortless cool girls, tall, charming smart and ambitious. She is graceful and elegant, a little naïve to the outside world but very strong minded and passionate. She stands strong behind what she believes in and will fight to the end. Vanya is always hiding behind her small silver rimmed glasses with eyes a light blue ocean of secrets and long wavy blond hair almost covering her face if they are not in a loose bun on top of her head.

Other Description:
vanya is very tall in her true form; at first glance she will look fragile even with her height. but she is strong as a storm and light as a feather which makes it easy for her to escape dangerous situations. She has a head full of long, wavy, blond/platinum hair that always hangs in a ponytail showing off her pointy ears proudly.her beauty is striking, haunting, memorable, and she carry herself with a sublime grace.

Possessions: a illustration of Queen Morganna in the beautiful tones of ivory and burgundy out of a fairy tale book

Common Knowledge:
COMING SOON
* <List what is commonly known about your char here>
* <keep going>

Rumors:
* <List what is commonly known about your char here>
* <keep going>

Daily Routine:
a normal boring routine of waking up and going to her university and learning.
vanya likes going even when the classes makes her almost fall asleep but being surrounded by people and their dreams or hopes feels like fuel to her soul.
She hardly spends time home and always tries to be surrounded by people.
Her noble and overly confident nature sometimes betrays her and comes to the surface expecting people to bow down to her and do her will which sometimes lead to heated discussions. It  dont happen a lot because she still can control her inner soul. She spends her nights on the computer or in the library searching for people experiencing the same things like her when she is not in her ballet classes.

History
COMING SOON
• How old are you?
• What was your family life like?
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? Etc
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you?

Quotes:
Anais Nin:
Dreams are necessary to life
Elizabeth Gilbert:
The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
Norman Cousins:
People are never more insecure than when they become obsessed with their fears at the expense of their dreams.
Marcel Proust:
If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time.

not done yet

Dizzied

I am still interested in this, but I think you guys  might want to start without me.  I'm not sure I will be able to make a character sheet within the next few days.  I should be good by the weekend, though, if that matters.

Xanatos

That version of the Camarilla suits me just fine. -smiles-

Oh, no my wealth would not be robbed or anything like that -laughs-. No I was thinking either inherited wealth or wealth gained through financial genius.

Duchess

Senti

Sabriel

Yep Im still open to this of course I was simply waiting to see what else we had for the house :P

Blitzy

Going to have to pull my interest out of this game. I just don't have the time, and I don't think my ideas of WoD and the ones being played are going to mesh well. :)

Good luck everyone! <3
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Sabriel

Nope although I was starting to think that myself heh I am still looking for interest in it really and happy to run it once we have a group of housemates and agreed location everyone is happy with.

Xanatos

Well I am going to have time later on, so does my concept meet with your approval? If so, I can get going on my character.

Sabriel

I like the idea of a Toreador vampire in the mix but well I am not entirely certain owning the house is appropriate to the story but well that really depends on the concept you come up with and why your wealthy etc.   

Xanatos

I am curious why owning the house is not appropriate. Its not a big deal, though, just curious.

Sabriel

Well I think it would be unfair on the others involved in the story if they did not like the idea basically that and well it would probably make a lot more sense if the place of residence was rented or shared by the group as a whole. If everyone else involved however agrees to you owning the house that is fine, someone did however suggest to me previously that they did not like that idea.

Ultimately it is up to you as a group to decide upon the place of residence and if you wish for it to be owned by one of you then that will have to be decided and agreed upon by all.

Xanatos

Ah I see, that's fine. Well I will wait to make my character then. If too much is up in the air and has to be agreed upon my players, no need making it now.

Sabriel

I will just say we are going with something like this, until anyone else makes any other suggestions or preferences and if someone wants to own the house and nobody has issue with it that is fine.