The Borgias; let's pervert history...

Started by Effeari, October 02, 2012, 05:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Effeari

I don’t make a habit of posting here very often; I have had the wonderful fortune of finding exactly what I want up until now. Still on occasion I find myself craving something that has not quite been met. Such an occasion has risen now and in spite of some truly fantastic partners and a wide array of subjects being covered in my roleplay’s I find myself wanting something quite specific. The title should have given you a clue at least, as to what that exact thing is.

I don’t necessarily want a fandom roleplay; I confess most of my rather ill-placed knowledge of the family is born from the TV show but I have widened my knowledge a little and have no problem researching/learning if you are a stickler for detail. 

I do so long for a Borgia based roleplay however, something about Cesare/Lucrezia appeals to me. It could be that they are both delicious, it could be that it’s such an illicit and forbidden affair, it could be the fact that it’s so steeped in rumour that we’ll never actually know what happened. But whatever the case, it’s a relationship I long to explore. And since there is only so much you can learn from history I would very much like to invent it myself.

She is the beautiful and coveted daughter of the pope, wanted by most, as ruthless and dangerous as any of her kin. He is the loyal, ambitious, bloodthirsty son who would stop at nothing to elevate and protect his family (and himself).

Illegitimate secret children, marriages, affairs, incest, wars, murder – how could anybody not be interested?

Well I suppose it is not impossible, but if you’re not interested then you’re not really what I’m looking for. ;)

Which leads me onto, rather nicely I think, what I want.

Give Me

I crave literacy like most crave drama, I want challenge, I want to be on the edge of my seat and I want to get utterly lost in a story. Structure, movement, development and characterisation are musts! Typos are not insurmountable, I make enough of them, however there is a vast difference between the odd mistake and a post full of careless nonsense. Talent should surpass error, and if it is there, then I can overlook most things.

I want to be challenged, I want to be engaged and I want my interest to be sustained.

Most of all I want to have fun.

What I Can Give

In my opinion I am a adequate writer, I could be mistaken, I could be dreadful. My post length is insanely dynamic and depends on the scenes, what’s occurring and what I’m getting back to work with. Generally, expect a lot though. As for frequency I cannot promise anything. I will try to get a post a day, this might increase if my interest is high and commitments are lax, sometimes it will take more. Sometimes less.

I will however, hand on heart, promise that I will tell you if I am dropping a role-play. I have manners, so if you have not heard from me, assume that I’m still working on a reply and real life/muses/interest/time are working against you. If you are the type to get stroppy when you see partners are replying to other role-plays and not yours we will not get on. Pestering makes my interest wane faster than anything.

I do however, like to keep my partners updating with frequent OOC chatter.  You’ll usually know what’s up.

So if you're interested? Tell me so, it really is the only way. I am happy to play either role, I am also happy to discuss plots and even pairings to an extent. No way am I fixated in stone, to be so fixed would entirely deprive myself of the opportunity to explore outside of my own imagination!

Thank you for reading, and I hope to hear from you. :)
"Noli me tangere for Caesar's I am"

*Not back; just distracting myself*

Ideas O/OsCurrent RoleplaysA&A