[Pathfinder] Reclaiming the Stolen Lands (Kingmaker AP, no longer recruiting)

Started by Chulanowa, December 30, 2016, 12:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 02, 2017, 04:05:22 AM
Alright, that's... a shit-ton of characters. I didn't expect this much interest. Just for my own sanity I'm going to go ahead and close of submissions now. And I'm sorry, but not everyone can play! But I'm always stewing pathfinder ideas in my head so who knows, might be another oen coming up sooner or later.

*tries contain excitement*

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 02, 2017, 04:32:20 AM
A) Are Prestige Classes worth it? I was eyeing Eldritch Knight as a possible development for my Magus at some point.

B) How the fuck do they work? Do you take a level in the Prestige Class instead of a level in Magus?

As HopeFox said the PrC's in pathfinder are not major deal as more your class archtype in long term determines your abilities most of the time and most of them scale based on levels in given class and almost none PrC's progress said features (expect spellcasting). But some PrC's can have some unique abilities but in turn you loose on awesome 20th level capstone abilities from your base class.

Magus case; PrC's or multiclassing is not worth it (you could in theory dip 1-3 levels at something but that's about it). Magus works best when you just stick with it, which is pretty much same to most base classes in pathfinder.

As in 3.5 or such multiclassing and taking PrC's was artform which you needed become familiar and profient at :P.

Vergil Tanner

So basically, "Do not pursue Lu Bu Prestige Classing." Got it! Though I have a pretty awesome build sorted out for a Fighter character that involves Multiclassing into Rogue Unchained. One Hand Dex Fighter FTW! XD

But ok, so, Prestige Classing a Base or Alternate class is pretty much pointless because it fucks up your progression into the cool stuff.

Oh, hey, a discussion I'm having with Silver Phoenix; does Spell Resistance block healing spells like Cure Moderate Wounds? Because from what I can find, as worded in the Players Handbook...yes. Yes it does.

Which is monumentally fucking stupid.

XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Zaer Darkwail

Some builds/cases multiclassing or PrC works but not with Magus :P

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, ok, no worries!

What about Templates? Are there any decent Magus-supporting Templates? Are Templates worth taking as a PC, or are they best left alone?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Petrus02

templates are for monsters^^ if you got a template you did something wrong :D

Vergil Tanner

Well, I imagine it depends on the GM...my GM for my Evil Campaign - where I'm playing an Ifrit Anti Paladin - has hinted that we might contract Lycanthropy in our next Questline. So I imagine it depends on the GM XD

Phaia

Wow! Do you all sleep? Almost 2 pages since I crashed last night!

oh Chulanowa also thanks for the opportunity here. I learned things. Like the VMC and the synergy of some traits. I also got to meet a bunch of fun people!!
I hope to be chosen but if not that is fine as well!

Good luck all!!

Phaia

Vergil Tanner

Haha, I do, but I'm in China, so I'm like...14 hours ahead of you, or something crazy like that. As you're going to bed, I've only been up for like...three hours. :P

Chulanowa

So, I've decided on a crack commando unit to be sent to the Greenbelt for a crime they didn't commit OOC thread in the Light Exotic underground board.

Suruma, Female Catfolk Guide (Ranger) - played by Callilurk
Wladyzlaw Medvyed Male Human Courtly Knight (Cavalier) - played by Wargtass
Jazzy Feldspar Female Gnome Feyspeaker (Druid) - played by Bibliophilia
Sophia Peace-Bond Female Scarred Rager (Barbarian) - played by Hopefox
Calim Lebeda Male Human Bard - Played by Rum Tum Tugger Rummy Tum Tum

Thank you everyone for your frankly overwhelming interest, and apologies for not being able to pick everyone. i know many of you put a lot of thought and design into your submissions, but damn, I can't run for what, thirteen characters?  :-[

Hexed

Hah. Congrats to all of ya that got in! Good luck running your kingdom. :D

Zaer Darkwail

Ah darn! Congrulations for those who got picked :). I hope you will have succesful and fun game! I myself would volunteer run game for unselected if not busy already running freshly started Eberron 3.5 game and starting prepare Council of Wyrms game....

Phaia

Wargtass

O/O

Silver Phoenix

My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Xunthrae

Congrats everyone! Best of luck, and if you ever need to recruit again i'm there. heh.

Rummy Tum Tum

Woohoo! The Rum Tug Tugger is in. For everyone who didn't get in, I hope you find and get into fun and interesting games soon :)

Quote from: Wargtass on January 02, 2017, 01:59:10 PM
I shall aim to be a virtuous knight, seeking valor and honor at every waking hour.

But truly, thank you for this opportunity! I'll try to not make you regret it Chul.  ;D
I laugh so hard every time I see that first part play out.

NinjaWeazel

Quote from: Wargtass on January 01, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
A donkey or mule is 8 gp. You too good for a mule son? :P

I'm alive! also jesus christ 4 pages in a day you people are monsters. Writing to be done tonight, ideas are had, and I'mma finally quit bugging Chula about making my dueling sword work with monk  :P

Oh wait, party's over.  Scratch that.

Vergil Tanner

Ah FUCK. I never get into any of these things. Thats the third one in two weeks I've been rejected from. :-( welp, back to the drawing board! I was looking forward to playing my Bladebound Magus as well. :-/ Oh well! Shit happens!

Congrats to everybody who got picked. Make sure you have fun on our behalf!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 02, 2017, 07:03:18 PM
Ah FUCK. I never get into any of these things. Thats the third one in two weeks I've been rejected from. :-( welp, back to the drawing board! I was looking forward to playing my Bladebound Magus as well. :-/ Oh well! Shit happens!

*comforts Vergil*

Vergil Tanner

Haha, thanks Zaer. XD I'll be honest, it's a touch disheartening. Almost enough for a girl to start taking it all personal like, y'know. ;-)
Oh well. I still have two possible irons in the fire and I expect another chance will come up soon...I hope, at any rate!