Demon City (Fate Accelerated)

Started by godfang, September 11, 2013, 09:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godfang

Demons are real. They have been here since the dawn of time when the primordial darkness filled the universe. When god created light, most of these beings perished, but the strongest amongst them escaped to the earth, living deep underground. This was their realm. One day, god banished humans from the heavens, damning them to live a mortal life in the land where the last demon lived. In short, God wanted them to die. He placed an angel with fiery sword to forever block the way to Heaven, instructing him never to kill the humans. in this way he was certain that the demon would punish Adam and Eve for him. Instead of murdering them however, the Demon had plans. He took Eve from Adam, ravaged her and forced her to sire his young, even as he forced Adam to watch. Thus was born a new breed of Demons, The Bastards of Eve, and they came in many forms.

In retaliation, Adam begged the Angel with Fiery blade to kill the demon and it's progeny, but the angel was instructed never to kill humans and so he killed only the demon and spare the half-human bastard children, saying that only humans may kill them. So it was that Adam tried to kill all the bastard children..only to find that Eve had taken them into hiding, for though they are demons, they are her children. Since this day forward, the true sons of Adam has been tasked to hunt their bastard brothers and sisters.

Thousands of years have passed and humans, the true sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, have ruled the world as the dominant species, while their bastard sibblings were forced to live in the shadows, forever hunted by those who still remembers the grudge. Both species bred and grew, but humans multiplied much faster than demons, who in turn lives a far longer life than their true blooded sibblings. Mating between human and demon is possible, yet not too common, most of them happening through rape or deception.

-New Eden-

in the year 2014, a city nation was built, off the coast of Europe. It is a city of free trade and luxury. Unknown to the world, one of the founder of the city, the Eden corporation is led by Hawa, first bastard daughter of Eve, one of the oldest Demoness in the world. She made this city of vice and sins so demons can hide in them amongst the rich and powerful humans of the world. For many years, demons have used this city as hiding ground, or even a hunting ground for some of the more feral ones who still enjoys the taste of human flesh. It is indeed their own little dark heaven, for Hawa ensures that their crimes and actions are kept out of the media.

Now, a new group enters the city. The true sons of adam, intent on wiping out their bastard sibblings.

-What i want-
A dark group rp in which you play a member of the Bastards of Eve. It will involve violence, sex and religious overtones so don't join if any of those offend you. The story will revolve  around the small group of younger demons who will be facing the true sons of adam in a secret war under the shadow of New Eden.  I would like 3-4 players, each with a uniquely designed demonic characters.

The system used will be Fate Accelerated, which is a very easy system to use even if you never play system games before. It allows flexible character designs that can be taught in 2-3 minutes, so if you need any help with it, do ask me.

-Character Design-
1. Using the Fate: Accelerated System, make a character with 5 traits (see below for link to the SRD)
2.The design of your demon is flexible, but preferably something that can stay hidden (so no giant, building sized demon)
3.I will comment on power balance after i see your character design
4.Age is 500 years old at max
5.May or may not have fought demon hunters before

SRD: http://www.faterpg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Fate-Accelerated-SRD-OGL.html

I'd also like to see pictures and a brief background of your character that involves

Name:
History:
Personality:
Sexual Kinks:

please post them here :D

Chaosfox

I like the idea behind this though I would mind seeing a example of a finished character sheet because  your directions are slightly confusing.....Or it could be I am just  tired at the moment.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

godfang

of the fate system?  Well for example it can be like this

Deluvio, the prince of mongrels

-Aspects-
Monstrous Stalker (High Concept)
Afraid of the Light (Trouble)
Extraordinary Senses
Sire of a hundred half breed
Human hunter

-Approach-
Sneaky +3  Quick, Powerful +2  Careful, Clever +1

-Stunt-
Sharp Claws: +2 to attacks when using Quick, or to Overcome obstacles when Climbing
Bestial Tongue: Once a day, Deluvio can call upon nearby wild animals to help him achieve a task

Chaosfox

OK I think I get it I will try and have a character sheet up as soon as I can.

Metro Mech

(Weapons included)

Name:Mal'liss
History: She was born to full demon, she was cursed from a young age to have a body of a snake. She would hide and strike from the darkness
Personality:Very mysterious and never showing her face twice. If you get on her good side she is quite the lady to be around.
Sexual Kinks:She  do about anything except toliet play and perminate damage
-Aspects-
Dark seeker (High Concept)
Cuts off the world(Trouble)
Dark vision
The murder of humans
The moving shadow

-Approach-
Sneaky +3  Quick, Clever +2  Careful, Powerful +1 flashy +0

Feat-
Snake body: +2 to constricts  when using Quick, or to Overcome obstacles when climbing
Blink: Three times a day Mal'liss can teleport from one shadow to the next shadow as long as it is within sixty feet
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

godfang

@Godric: Nice! Where does she live in the city? With her form i assume she doesn't walk among men like some demons are able to do.

Metro Mech

In the the shadow of a great building, she doesn't need to walk among men. She moves from shadow to shadow without anyone noticing
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Chaosfox

Name: Sable

History: Sable was born 300 years ago to lesser known succubus demon that had murder her father shortly after making love to the man.  Though out the years she has moved throughout the city’s underworld staying at brothels and other such establishments working at them and for them in various capacities. . 

Personality:  A very emotional thinker sable tend to  be the type to act first and ask questions later which someone times  gets her on the bad side of her employers at times. The one thing that keeps her in there good graces is her confident and dominating presence  as well as her twisted sense of humor which leads to interesting ideas in the bed room for those clients that like exotic type  scenarios.

Sexual Kinks: Sables Kinks lie mostly in BDSM and Torture with her in control of course.  The one thing she stays away from for the most part is potty play though when the pay is good enough she has been known to dabble in water sports.   

-Aspects-
Delightful Lust (High Concept)
Rash Actions (Troubled)
Quick thinking
Perverting of Love
The heartless lover
-Approach-
Clever +3  Quick, Flashy +2  Careful, Sneaky +1 Powerful +0

Feat-
Wings:  +2 dodge  when using Quick, or to help give a jump boost.
Charm: Once a day Sable may charm someone  in to doing something for her.

Rook Seidhr

Baraqiel

Aspects

• Demon Lord of Lightning (high concept)
  • Incredible Oedipal (trouble)
  • Nightmare Scientist
  • The City She Loves Me
  • Love Corrupts the Beloved
Approaches

• +3: Clever
  • +2: Flashy, Quick
  • +1: Careful, Sneaky
  • +0: Forceful
Stunts

• Magnetokinesis: +2 to Forcefully create an advantage or defend against an attack where metallic objects are involved
  • Master of Lightning: +2 to Flashily attack or create an advantage where throwing lightning bolts would be useful
History: Baraqiel was born in 1829 in San Francisco, the son of a wealthy American industrialist and his huli jing concubine. His legitimate siblings abused him, his father did nothing to stop them, so on his 18th birthday he murdered them all and burned the estate to the ground, sparing only his mother, with whom he had and has an unrequited sexual obsession. Ever since then, he has wandered the globe studying all possible permutations and perversions of technology. When he runs low on money, he invents some revolutionary new device and sells it to a major corporation or government. The rise of the steampunk aesthetic pleases him, and he often dresses in neo-Victorian garb.

Personality: Clinical and sarcastic by turns, Baraqiel looks for the weaknesses in everyone and everything around him, the better to break them when the time comes. There is no worse fate in this world than to attract his genuine affection, for he will try to reshape you into what he wants you to be; if he succeeds, he will use you up and throw you away, while if he fails, he will destroy you out of pique.

Sexual Kinks: Baraqiel is heavily into body modification, both old-fashioned (scarification, branding, piercing) and high-tech (horrific medical procedures). He likes to kidnap human women and play with their minds at the same time he reshapes their bodies, then sell them as fetish slaves when he gets bored with them. With other demons, he enjoys rough sex and fighting for control, barely stopping short of permanent damage. He is mostly heterosexual.

Rook Seidhr

Found the perfect picture. Rewrote half the character sheet to fit it :D

amol

I'd really like to try this one if you still are looking for players.

I haven't tried the FATE system, but it seems pretty straight forward.

I'll whip up a character as soon as I'm able
To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Tydorei

amol

Name: Fa'arima

History: Fa'arima was born from the ashes of her human mother. She was a demon from the day she saw the light of day.
She have worked in the shadow of society where she has mostly worked as a very well paid killer or enforcer. Her temper has always prevented her from planing things ahead and setting up any kind of power base.
Fa'arima has the ability to change her body into that of a fiery demon that burns everything on contact
Personality: Fa'arima has a temper that literally burns down houses. Whenever she becomes angry her body starts to burn causing much trouble to herself and those around her, especially since she's easy to anger. She's very overconfident and almost always act before she thinks.
Sexual kinks: There's very few things she won't do. Things from a toilet is one of those. She enjoys multiple partners and hot and at times violent sex. She could never be submissive to anyone.

Aspects:
The mistress of the furnace (High concept)
Firery temper (Trouble)
Extraordinary strong
Fiery body
.... (need a good one here)

Approaches
Forceful +3
Quick +2
Flashy +2
Sneaky +1
Clever +1
Careful +0

Stunts
Fireballs: +2 to attacks using quick and when creating a diversion.
tbd...

~~~~~~
OK so I've posted my nearly finished demon. I'm not sure about the last aspect and the last stunt. I was considering making her a futa (an aspect?) as futa demons are really one of my favourite kinds of demons. But I wouldn't do it without the consent of everyone else.

To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Vampricprincessty

I am interesting in this concept. I will have a character by monday... work and all.

MasterMischief

Would so love to sink my teeth into some FAE.