[INTEREST CHECK] Trapped in a game type gig

Started by Lynnette, February 28, 2016, 05:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Hey!

So i've tried running games before, it hasn't really worked out, but, I'm going to try again, this time with a bit more of careful planning ahead, at least so I'd like to think. I've run games before, both here and on other sites, with varying success, though E has been a tough one since people are busy, and I just have to accept that. Nonetheless, I'm hoping I can make a game that passes the 100 post mark, and hopefully, this could be it. A proper seeking-people thread will be made if there's enough interest for me to put the time into making it.

So, what I had in the mind was a trapped-in-an-MMO type thing. For anyone following the quarter-yearly anime-charts, they've been popping up pretty much every other season ever since Sword Art Online came out, with varying quality behind them, but the setting itself is great. Trapping players in a world that they know to a certain extent, but has never been this down-to-earth about. Having to learn to live daily life in a world that operates completely differently from the "real" world.

So that's what I had in mind. A swords and sorcery type freeform fantasy action RPG game with the usual chunk of Elliquiy spice.

With a lot of things having yet to be decided, I'm very much so open to suggestions, if you have any, leave them here or PM them to me and I'll see if it would suit what would end up in the game. Noting interest here does in no way "lock" you to joining the game when it first starts recruiting, I just want to know if anyone would be interested in this kind of a game.

~  Lynnette

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

EdwardShane

Yukina

I'll try. :) First question: What will be the smut level?

SargentToughie

+1

This could be interesting, I'll keep an eye on it to see where it goes.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Lynnette

Quote from: EdwardShane on February 28, 2016, 05:44:47 PM
I'm interested!

<3

Quote from: Yugishogun on February 28, 2016, 05:48:14 PM
I'll try. :) First question: What will be the smut level?

Well, I'm currently pending on a couple models, I'd say it's in the middle ground for now. I won't be jamming GMed events down everyone's throats 24/7, so there will be plenty of time for smut if you want to use it for that.

Quote from: SargentToughie on February 28, 2016, 05:52:47 PM
+1

This could be interesting, I'll keep an eye on it to see where it goes.

<3
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Mysterica

I'll be keeping watch over this idea as it grows into a more complete idea.

AndyZ

Going to keep an eye on this and see if I come up with an idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Grizzly

heh heh.  Love me some Sword Art Online-ish games.  I'll see what my muse comes up with.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Drake Valentine

Personally, I think something like Grimar/Grimgar(sp?) took the best directive approach in trap in worlds of Online games. Healing didn't recover lost blood. People still learned skills. The players, everyone, had no idea why they were in the world of Grimar but had some memories of modern vocal words that came out naturally, but when used they didn't know what that meant either. Not sure how death in the end is handle, but seems like if you die in Grimar you probably are dead-dead; considering other real-ish aspects of having to eat, shower, maintain clothing and items. Honestly one of best animes I seen where no one is OP or running a harem and characters within it actually have a sense of persona in showing their emotions.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Empyrean

I'll mark interest. I liked Sword Art Online and I was just missing the old St. Arcadia crew. (Here's hoping that game comes back in the near future!)

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 29, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
Personally, I think something like Grimar/Grimgar(sp?) took the best directive approach in trap in worlds of Online games. Healing didn't recover lost blood. People still learned skills. The players, everyone, had no idea why they were in the world of Grimar but had some memories of modern vocal words that came out naturally, but when used they didn't know what that meant either. Not sure how death in the end is handle, but seems like if you die in Grimar you probably are dead-dead; considering other real-ish aspects of having to eat, shower, maintain clothing and items. Honestly one of best animes I seen where no one is OP or running a harem and characters within it actually have a sense of persona in showing their emotions.

God, I love Hai to Gensou no Grimgar so much. It does such a good job of blending the game world in such a way that the "players" can't tell that it might be/is a game they are in, especially with the amnesia and lack of menus. It also does some traditional MMO things when compared to SAO, such as requiring a player to pick a class and return to their respective class "trainer" each time to pay them to be taught new skills.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on February 29, 2016, 07:57:41 AM
God, I love Hai to Gensou no Grimgar so much. It does such a good job of blending the game world in such a way that the "players" can't tell that it might be/is a game they are in, especially with the amnesia and lack of menus. It also does some traditional MMO things when compared to SAO, such as requiring a player to pick a class and return to their respective class "trainer" each time to pay them to be taught new skills.

Yea, hopefully it will get a second season. Right now episode 8 was the last from Volume 1 of light novel. There are currently 7 volumes, not sure if next 4 episodes are going to be filler or cover some of Volume 2 arc.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sain

I have just the character for this - a very fluffy druid.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lynnette

Quote from: Starcry on February 28, 2016, 06:42:55 PM
I'm in. :)

<3

Quote from: scribus1000 on February 28, 2016, 06:46:11 PM
I'll keep my eye on this one, for now.

<3

Quote from: Mysterica on February 28, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
I'll be keeping watch over this idea as it grows into a more complete idea.

I'm mostly using this to see if there is any interest, I'll likely post the entire thing next, rather than add information bit-by-bit.

Quote from: AndyZ on February 28, 2016, 07:39:31 PM
Going to keep an eye on this and see if I come up with an idea.

<3

Quote from: Idlewyld on February 28, 2016, 07:44:49 PM
I'm keeping this one in mind

<3

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2016, 08:46:16 PM
Hey Lynnette - Count me interested.

<3

Quote from: Grizzly on February 28, 2016, 10:14:06 PM
heh heh.  Love me some Sword Art Online-ish games.  I'll see what my muse comes up with.

<3

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 29, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on February 29, 2016, 07:57:41 AM

Been feeling a wee bit sick today, so I just started watching it, partially to get some inspiration and to see what to do with the world, I'm liking it so far, so we'll see. I'll be pulling this and that from various other series in the same type of setup, depending on which parts I like and which parts I don't from the separate series. However, from what I have seen so far, I think Grimgar would represent what I'm going for a lot. I don't like the idea of menus at least, that'll be going out, I'm pending on how I'll handle classes and whatnot, because overall, it'll never get balanced and it'll create a massive workload for me in the form of putting all that stuff down.

Quote from: Empyrean on February 29, 2016, 02:37:18 AM
I'll mark interest. I liked Sword Art Online and I was just missing the old St. Arcadia crew. (Here's hoping that game comes back in the near future!)

<3 I miss the Arcadia crew as well, so yeah, would be super-neat if it came back and whatnot <3

Quote from: Sain on February 29, 2016, 12:26:33 PM
I have just the character for this - a very fluffy druid.

Sounds good <3
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lynnette

Alright, I put up a poll on the top to weed out one of my big questions, which is where do the players start in terms of leveling.

Starting out at the previous level-cap would benefit the player in the sense that they are already familiar with the game and know the mechanics, even if they aren't used to playing it in the same way as they are now. Players would have old level-cap grade gear, and would be ready to face new challenges as the game has changed, and would feature both a significantly increased level-cap, and lots of more content.

On the other hand, starting out on the bottom levels would allow the player to dive deeper into the game without really knowing anything. It'll make small hurdles seem a lot bigger, and it would possibly make for more interesting gameplay. I do not intend to create the game so that the "real world" is a referenced place, it'd be like a fantasy world with some spice of what the MMO would have been, so it might not count for much.

Feel free to place your votes up in the top :-)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Sain

I voted low level, but would PCes be unaware of them originally being from "real world" even if game started at high level?

Lynnette

Quote from: Sain on February 29, 2016, 05:25:21 PM
I voted low level, but would PCes be unaware of them originally being from "real world" even if game started at high level?

I want to answer yes. They would still be very unaware, at least of who they are in the real world. I think some things from the real world, the character might remember, but not really be able to put to words since it wouldn't exist in the world they are in. However, the characters would still be more aware of how the game works and whatnot, and would have better, more playstyle-specific equipment and skills.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Sain

I can have character with profession that'll be completely useless in the game world. This is good. Non human humanoid races would also be good  :-)

Lynnette

Quote from: Sain on February 29, 2016, 05:56:42 PM
I can have character with profession that'll be completely useless in the game world. This is good. Non human humanoid races would also be good  :-)

Would you mind digging into specifics? I've considered a couple humanoid races, but if you had something further out there, I'll have to consider it.

As far as professions goes, I'm fine with it, but do note that GMed events will more or less always fall back on combat to some extent.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Sain