Life In The Ludis:Just about full, could use one or two more house slaves.

Started by Urbanzorro, February 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The
Story
So Far...

The Flavius family has a proud history within the city of Pompeii, their ancestors were amongst the first lanistas to establish a ludus within the city and their gladiators have been featured in many historic and epic contests throughout the years. But poor management and incompetence has brought dark fortunes to the name Flavius. What was once a exceedingly wealthy, and influential family with several ludi under it's control is now but a shadow of it's former self. Now, with the death of his father Titus, Lucius Flavius finds himself the Pater Familias of his family and it's remaining holdings.

With but a single ludus to his name and scant few gladiators Lucius and his family are facing the brink of total collapse. But there are many ways for a man to make his fortune and many paths to greater glory, for those who would have the courage to walk them. All hope is not lost for the Flavius name. Lucius still knows how to train superb gladiators, he still has a loyal family as well as loyal servants, and the most recent batch of slave purchases contains several slaves who seem to possess the potential to be great gladiators. So long as he can maintain control of his house, and his warriors do well in the arena there is a chance that Lucius can save his family's future....

The Place

Pompeii is a city of greatness, it is rich, secure, and its people are true loyal Romans. As one of The Republic's larger cities, Pompeii boasts a massive population, a constantly growing economy, and an ever growing hunger for entertainment. In order to better sate this hunger the city boasts a magnificent arena where anything from gladiatorial games to chariot races can be observed by both the lower and the upper classes of the population.

The Villa
Standing just outside the city, the Flavius family's home is composed of the villa where the family itself lives, and the Ludus where it's gladiators are trained. Both the villa and the ludus were both built to the highest standards. The villa contains bedrooms, an expansive kitchen, two large baths, a single private bath, and several other rooms meant for aiding in a privileged lifestyle. While the ludus boasts cells for the gladiators, open areas for training, a small medical office, a rudimentary kitchen, a single moderately sized bathing room and even the capacity to erect a small mock arena for more formal practices.

OOC

So, this is my attempt to get a gladiator game started up. The game itself will focus on the lives of the Flavius family, their slaves, and their gladiators. As they all try to better their lots in life. It should be noted that this isn't going to be a 'slave rebellion' game. But rather a game focused on playing out and portraying the intrigue, lifestyle, pleasures, and sufferings of 'typical' Ancient Roman people, slaves and gladiators. That's not saying you can't play a gladiator or slave who is disobedient/etc. It just means that you shouldn't expect to get away with gathering a bunch of unhappy slaves together, grabbing some swords, and storming the Romans. The game will ideally contain scenes of training, plotting/planning, smut (obviously) and real gladiatorial fights. The setting I'm choosing to use is a SLIGHTLY dramatized version of the late republic (for us history buffs). I'm trying for an air of relative realism here (think Rome from HBO rather than Spartacus from Starz). That having been said there are some liberties taken with some historical facts such as the specific's of the gladiatorial matches(we are ignoring most of the rules/regulations said matches actually had), and a few other things (such as us having slightly more common female gladiators). Below is a list of the roles open so far and a very brief description of where they stand at game start. The roles listed in BOLD are those I'd consider needed to start the game. The others are optional.

Also please bear in mind that the list a rough draft so if you have a specific type of character or a take on one of the roles in mind that you don't see listed please feel free to let me know and we will see if we can work it in.

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro as Lucius Flavius
Wife: EndofDevine as Aurelia Flavius
Eldest Son: SGTDan as Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias as Galvius Flavius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon as Livia Flavius
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Head House Slave Foxy Oni as Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own as Amethyst
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
Doctore Kcrunch55 as Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf as Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton as Ada
Full Gladiator TheLegionary as Julius Flavius Severus(pending required edits)
Full Gladiator A fully trained gladiator of the house Flavius, these warriors have completed their training, earned the mark of the gladiator, and now serve the family in the arena. (may be male or female)
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav as Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby as Ryann ap Elim
Gladiator Trainee An as of yet untrained gladiator to be. Whether they succeed or fail in their training remains to be seen (may be male or female)

Here's the character sheet:

[float=left][img]Your character's image link goes here[/img][/float]
[glow=red,2,300][i][font=georgia]Character Name Here[/font][/i][/glow]
by [u]Player Name Here[/u]
[b]Role[/b]: Are they the wife? the daughter? son? slave? gladiator? etc? Yes females can be gladiators too.
[b]Gladiator Type:[/b] If they are a gladiator what style do they fight in? (list of styles provided later in post)
[b]Age:[/b] How old is your character?
[b]Gender:[/b] Are they male? Female?
[b]Orientation:[/b] What is your character's sexual orientation?
[b]Appearance Details:[/b] Anything about how they look that isn't included in their image. Such as scars, birth marks, tattoos, piercings, etc.
[b]Personality:[/b] What are they like? how do they behave?
[b]Bio:[/b] Who are they? Where are they from? What has their life been like up till now? How did they get here? etc.
[b]Character's Ons:[/b] What sort of sexual elements does your character enjoy
[b]Character's Offs:[/b] What sort of sexual elements does your character NOT enjoy (not to be confused with your offs)
[b]Player's Ons:[/b] What sexual elements do you hope to get your character into in this game?
[b]Player's Offs:[/b] What sexual elements do you not want to happen to your character in this game?

If you're interested in playing a gladiator here is a list of the different styles of fighting which you can choose to have your character be trained in. Please keep in mind that you can only choose one and that they aren't permanent (you can ask to have yourself switched around OOC and we can make it happen IC). I've tried to keep them as accurate to the actual historical styles as possible while still keeping them 'cool' Also, yes there are female gladiators in our setting if someone wants to play one.

Gladiator Types

Cestus

Cestus: Armed with plated/spiked gloves and boots. As well as metal gauntlets and shin guards. Wearing little to no armor the cestus style relies on natural strength and speed. In order to have success on the sand a cestus must focus on closing the distance with their opponent as quickly as possible, getting within the opponent's guard and using the shorter distance and time it takes to deliver a punch then the swing of a sword to their advantage. This style's strengths lie in offense at extremely close quarters where speed and raw power can make all the difference, and weapon type becomes less important.

Cestus gladiators rarely wear any form of armoring for their chests or heads and are expected to rely on their own skill and speed for defense from an enemy's attacks.

Dimachaerus
Armed with two swords and also lightly armored. The dimachaerus style focuses on skilled use of the blade for both offense and defense. A dimachaerus must learn to know when attack, when to defend, when to advance and when to fall back. A skilled dimichareus is a master at knowing where to move and when to move there, as well as at countering an enemy's mistake to the fullest advantage.

For protection Dimachaerus gladiators often wear a Manica on one arm and can also wear a small chest plate. These items emphasize the style's reliance on the reaction speed and skill of the fighter in order to be made useful.

Hoplomachus
Armed with a one handed spear, a short sword, and a small circular shield in what is considered the 'Greek fashion" gladiators who fight in the Hoplomachus style are considered to be heavily armed and heavily armored. They are trained to advance cautiously, taking full advantage of the superior range their spear provides in order to force their opponent on the defensive. The best hoplomachi learn to instantly recognize when the time comes to abandon their spear and switch to their short sword.

The wear helmets, grieves, a manica, an occasionally a small chest plate for protection, making them one of the best protected gladiator fighting styles, though all this armor often comes at the cost of speed.

Laqueraius
Armed with only a lasso and sword, to the observer with little knowledge of the gladiatorial arts the laqueraius may appear disadvantaged against other styles. However much like the retiarius the laqueraius is trained and equipped to strip their enemy of his advantages and delver a killing blow to an opponent who eventually finds themselves with no weapon or defense against the laqueraius's blade. The style is focused on maintaining proper distance with their opponent and using the lasso to either disarm or trip their opponent, thus opening the path for the laqueraius to charge in with their sword and claim victory.

In keeping with the style's focus on movement and the laqueraius often only wears a manica for protection.

Lorarium
Armed with a whip, short sword, and small shield. The style of the lorarium is similar to a highly aggressive laqueraius. However where a lorarium uses their lasso to entangle their opponent the lorarium uses their whip to throw the enemy onto the defensive, forcing them behind their shield or to attempt to block the whip with their blade as the lorarium advances in order to finish the battle with their blade. A skilled lorarium will attempt to force their enemy to block or grasp at the whip in order to disarm their enemy or force him off balance with a quick pull of the whip once it has been caught.

For protection the lorarium must rely on their shield and speed, as this style often wears little to no armor.

Murmillo
Armed with a sword and large square shield in 'legionary fashion' the murmillo is equally effective on defense as on offense. A murmillo can advance slowly behind their shield or charge in to close the distance quickly, as the situation calls. A skilled murmillo knows that their greatest strength lies in their ability to switch from offense to defense at a moments notice in order to blunt an enemy's attack or take advantage of a weak defense.

In addition to a shield murmillo gladiators wear a manica on their sword arm, large protective helmets, and a grieve on their forward leg.

Retiarius
Armed with a net, trident, and dagger the retarius is a style which focuses on forcing their opponent to the ground in disarray in order to delver the killing blow. Their greatest asset is the net and its ability, when used well, to entangle, hinder, and trip the retarius's opponent. The combination of net and trident allows the retarius to be most effective at long and moderate ranges while the dagger allows them to avoid being totally defenseless in close quarters.

The retiarius wears a manica for protection when attacked.

Scissor
Armed with a sword and a specialized weapon unique to the scissor fighting style. An effective scissor must make use of their specialized weapon, taking advantage of it's hooked blade to tie up the weapon of their opponent while the design of its grip insures that the scissor will not be the one who is disarmed by such a situation. Scissors are trained to trust and block with their scissor blade while reserving the sword to parry a well placed strike by the enemy or deliver well placed strikes of their own when they have successfully tied up their enemy's primary weapon.

To accommodate the style's reliance on being attacked before being fully effective the scissor is heavily armored, often wearing a manica on the arm not protected by his weapon, a helmet, a and chest plate.

Thraex
Armed with a small shield and curved Thracian sword. The thraex style has much in common with the murmillo, but focuses on further balancing speed as well as attack and defense. The key to a successful career as a thraex is to know which opponents must be met with defense, aggression, or evasion. As the thraex style is equally suited to any such attempt.

Like the murmillo the thraex also wears a large protective helmet, a grieve on their foreleg, and a manica on their sword arm to aid in the use of their shield for defense.

Velites
Armed with three throwing spears, a short sword, and shield. With similar weapons to a legionary skirmisher the velites style is meant to use its ability to attack from range to its advantage, throwing its spears at the opponent in order to injure or weaken them before closing in for use of their sword and shield. The velites focuses on quick movement and accurate tosses of the spear.

In keeping with its light style the velites wears only a light helmet, which many gladiators choose not to wear at all for what little defensive ability it provides.

Magistri Belua
Armed with a short sword and assisted by trained animals, a magistri belua is considered quite exotic and is often a rare sight within the games. The key to the magistri's success is proper training of what ever beast they will take into the area and knowing how to exploit the distraction said beast provides in order to advance and delver the finishing blow with their blade. The most common animals used by a magistri are dogs, and birds of prey, but other more exotic animals have also been known to be used.

The magistri belua makes use of only a helmet for protection.

Non Orthodoxam
Armed with their own native/cultural weaponry. Those gladiators classified as Non Orthodoxam are warriors who's native fighting style is considered interesting or exotic enough to warrant being displayed in the games. They can be anything from marauding celts, to numidian spearmen.

O.O.C. Thread

I.C. Thread

If you have any questions/comments please feel free to post them (as well as characters if you'd like to play)
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

IrishWolf

I am so down for this! I don't think I'll have time for a character sheet tonight but I'm going to aim for full gladiator or house champion, which ever is still opening tomorrow afternoon. I'm feeling a Celtic  Non Orthodoxam

"The appearance of these naked warriors was a terrifying spectacle, for they were all men of splendid physique and in the prime of life." ~ Polybius

Kadigan

Being a big fan of both Spartacus and Rome,  I would be rather interested in the Eldest Daughter, though it may be a few days before I can put together a profile.

Urbanzorro

Looking forward to seeing both, as soon as you post up your character/they are approved the roles are yours :-)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Foxy DeVille

I got a character idea...

Illyria
by Foxy Oni
Role: Head House Slave
Orientation: Pansexual
Appearance Details: Illyria has rings in her nipples, clitoris, and labia. She also has a large "F" branded into the olive skin of her left buttock. The dark-eyed brunette beauty stands 5' 4" and weighs 126 pounds.
Personality: Highly protective of her position in the household, Illyria is submissive and sycophantic towards her masters and their guests. Conversely, she is very domineering towards the slaves under her. Her primary goals are her own safety and comfort. If these are threatened Illyria will do whatever it takes to keep them. As she gets older, Illyria becomes more and more jealous of the younger servants. Illyria was born in Pompeii and tends to look down on slaves born in foreign lands.
Bio: Illyria was an orphan on the streets of Pompeii. Caught stealing when she was thirteen, she was sold into slavery. At first she was quite rebellious against her new masters in the Flavius family. One such tantrum resulted in the branding she still has today. Eventually Illyria realized she was better off in the household than in the alleys. She became the ideal slave, willing to do anything for her masters. Illyria has served the Flavius family for over twenty years now.  She has started to feel some anxiety over the family's declining fortunes and her own aging, although she remains a very attractive woman.
Character's Ons: Anything. Illyria is willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy her masters or their guests. Over the years she has grown a fondness for the more deviant acts.
Character's Offs: While not really a turn off, Illyria does tend to get jealous when another slave is getting more attention than she is during lovemaking.
Player's Ons: Just about anything, the kinkier the better.
Player's Offs: Not too fond of scat.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Vanetias

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lockepick

I would be interested in joining, but like with all group games, I'd need another gay dude that was willing to write with me. If any out there see this: I'd be up for pretty much any role/archetype, though I'd prefer to be the submissive of the pair.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Odanrav

I'd like to express a level of interest in this as well. If I had to say now what role I would choose, I'd probably go with a gladiator trainee, but not necessarily a raw or inexperienced fighter. I'm unsure if it fits the timeline of this story so I'll just ask if I could be a character of mixed Cartheginian descent?

Urbanzorro

@lockepick: if you find someone interested feel free to send them this way

@Odanrav: sounds good

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kadigan

Livia
by Barbara Gordon
Role: Eldest Daughter
Orientation: Bi
Appearance Details: Livia has a scar along her arm, usually hidden by a bracelet, due to a horse riding accident from her younger days.
Personality: Livia has a shyness about her, perhaps from the past 4 years of playing the dutiful daughter. She speaks softly, though when speaking to a subordinate she speaks firmly. She is not afraid, however, to go after some things that she wants, can occasionally be a bit rebellious and often dreams of life beyond the walls of the ludus.  Every so often she enjoys finding a quiet spot to simply..observe.
Bio: Livia was born to a life of luxury and ease inside the walls of the ludus, to her father Lucius and her mother. A sickly child at birth, it was feared she would not see her second year, though amazingly struggled onward, growing ever more healthy as each month progressed. As she grew older, her father indulged her love of horses by allowing her weekly riding lessons, presuming her studies went well. She actually became quite skilled at riding.  Occasionally she found herself drifting off during lessons with her tutor, which was rewarded with a firm rap of the cane.
When she turned 16 her parents began to seek out eligible suitors for her, rejecting a few that they considered unworthy. However, as time went on, and her family’s fortunes dried up, so did the suitors. Now, at the age of 22 she fears she may never find a husband, though more because she feels that not doing so would let down her father.
Character's Ons: She enjoys what appears to be genuine affection, strong and dominate partners.
Character's Offs: Dirty things, she is not fond of anything that is dirty or filthy.
Player's Ons: I’m open to most anything really. Except…
Player's Offs: Scat, underage,  and mutilations.

GnothiSeauton

Ada
by GnothiSeauton
Role:  Gladiator
Gladiator Type:  Dimachaerus
Orientation:  Heteroflexible
Appearance Details:  At five foot ten, Ada is a gladiatrix who prides herself on her body and abilities.  Light and nimble on her feet, she is strong, muscled, yet still carries an air of femininity to her.  Her body is scarred from her combats in the arenas and training, yet it is her back which carries the most scars and marks, the criss-crosses of the marks of lashes and whips carried upon her back like a badge of honor.
Personality: Ada is a Gladiatrix who prides herself on being a headstrong personality.  Whatever mercy she once had left long ago in the arena, killing without hesitation her opponents.  She is not the type of woman to take an insult lightly from fellow gladiators or slaves.  At times she keeps to herself outside of the fighting pits.
Bio:  From a tough life she had been hardened and trained into a fierce gladiator.  For most of her life, she had known nothing but the life of a slave, from being raised to be a house servant, to being turned into a gladiator.  Seeing her family torn apart, whether by death or sold, has made her cold and headstrong.  Being a slave and gladiator, being the possession of another, has been all she has known in her life.  At times her strong personality and disobedience has earned the ire of her former Masters.  Her last Master was a man who liberally used the whip upon her body before finally selling her off, unwilling to deal with the headache she could be.  All of her heartache and misery in life has been channeled into her actions in the arena, while dreaming of an uprising.
Character's Ons:  Rough sex, Dominance against others, wrestling/fighting as foreplay.
Character's Offs:  Being “used” by her Masters and those in power over her.
Player's Ons:  Pretty open.  See listed On's and Off's in Signature
Player's Offs:  Scat
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Vanetias

Galivus
by Vanetias
Role: Youngest son of Flavius
Gladiator Type: n/a
Orientation: Hetero
Appearance Details: His 7-inch member
Personality: He is friendly to everyone he meets, especially to children and elderly. This includes his slaves, whom he treats them tenderly, yet firmly, to show the power of the Gordon household. He is also somewhat a pervert, and has slept with the head house slave, Illyra, a few times at the past.
Bio: As the youngest son, he had the same training and education as his eldest brother, though, he was a bit more free in that he had time to home his other skills of trade, while his eldest was homes to become the head of the family, like hunting and ranching. This helps him to gain a good amount of money, both from hunting kills and wool ranching, though, it didn't help the family's dwindling fortunes, as all of his money went to his father's fortune. He met the head house slave when he was 10, whom he wasn't allow to see till she became more obedient to the household. As he grew older, he soon was able to slept with the women of the household, which he focused more on the head slave first, as to safeguard the other slaves. At most, he tries to avoid the drama that surrounds the family, and has some ideas for the gladiators to help the fortunes of his family.
Character's Ons: Breasts, Vaginal, -jobs, Exhibitionsim, stripping, public sex,
Character's Offs: Scat, Watersports, BSDM, Bestality/Furry, Inflation, Really odd fetishes(Vore, inflation, etc), Anal, incest, non-con
Player's Ons: Breasts, Vaginal, -jobs, Exhibitionsim, stripping, public sex
Player's Offs: Scat, Watersports, BSDM, Bestality/Furry, Inflation, Really odd fetishes(Vore, inflation, etc), Anal, incest, non-con

Odanrav

Vissius
by Odanrav
Role: Gladiator Trainee
Gladiator Type: Murmillo
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Vissius stands a solid 6’0" and 210 lbs. with already surprisingly well trained musculature and endurance. Small scars dot his torso and legs showing a long and bloodied history. The most notable mark is the remnants of a burn wound suffered just above the right shoulder blade nearly the size of a palm across.
Personality: It seems as if a smile or grin is always etched across his face. Vissius has a very carefree, or perhaps just inattentive, outlook and takes very few things seriously. He’s very vocal in his dislike of Romans and often mocks his fellow gladiators. For just a new trainee he possesses a odd amount of confidence, or cockiness depending on the perspective.
Bio: In the mountains of Sicily, Vissius and a band of nearly one hundred other escaped slaves from nearby cities were cornered and caught by Roman scouts. Before that the enigmatic mans origins are known only to himself, and getting him to speak of his past is a nigh impossible feat. Soon after his capture, Vissius was sold to a slave trader from Demascus and then brought to Italia. He was bought by the house of Lucius Flavius in the hopes of turning him into a gladiator. Vissius claims his mother was a Cartheginian slave and that his father was most likely her Roman owner.
Character's Ons: Carefree, no strings attached sex. Women who are “hard to get to” and seen as a challenge. Witty and intelligent characters.
Character's Offs: Intimacy and the notion of falling in love. Possibly something Vissius gets over in time. Character’s who take themselves too seriously.
Player's Ons: Refer to my O/O’s page, most things are open. I would greatly enjoy seeing Vissius in some taboo situations with a  daughter of Flavius. Maybe he builds a connection with another slave as well. Just spitballing.
Player's Offs: Refer to O/O’s page, nothing else to add here.

IrishWolf

Conchar
by IrishWolf
Role: House Champion (Gladiator)
Gladiator Type: Non Orthodoxam (Gallic Warrior)
Orientation: Straight
Appearance Details: Like the rest of his Celtic brothers, Conchar towers above the shorter Romans, the crown of his head reaching six foot, three inches mark. His torc and bracelets were taken from him when he was captured, leaving a interesting scar around his throat, from legionaries trying to yank the twisted gold from around his neck and from attempts to cut the close fitting jewelry away. However, once he joined the ranks of the Flavius Ludus, he was given a new "torc" or at least what these Romans think a torc is, to keep him looking looking the part of a marauding Gaul. As such, he also wears nothing in the arena, other then his torc, "warpaint" and a swordbelt of linked metal rings.
Personality: A proud and until just a few years ago, free Celt, Conchar is unhappy and uncontent being a slave and only the fact that he remains a warrior has made life bearable. He seeks escape and waits for the right opportunity to return to his homeland. He holds firmly to his position as House Champion, both for his pride and to keep himself fit for his escape. While his Latin still isn't the best, he knows enough to be able to carry a conversation, at least for a while and he has picked up a smattering of Greek, along with other languages. Like his Celtic brothers, he believes that the soul resides in the head and tries to collect the heads of those he kills in the arena.
Bio: Born to the Lemovici tribe in Gallia Celtica, Conchar was raised in the warrior caste, trained his whole life in the arts of war. As a young man, he joined raids on nearby tribes, stealing sheep and cattle. When he was almost twenty-two years old, he joined with a large band of other young men and traveled south, to raid the Roman Colonists in Gallia Narbonensis. The raid went well but they were caught on the return by a patrol. Skirmishing with the patrol slowed the band down enough for a pursuit force of legionaries to catch up with the raiders, leading to a pitched battle. Conchar was stunned by a sword blow to his head, his helmet saving his life and was taken prisoner after the battle.Transported south, he was sold as an exotic warrior, to those who had never suffered a Celtic raid or had any fear of such. For just about five years now, he has worked his way through the ranks of the gladiators, earning his position with a river of blood.
Character's Ons: Conquering strong women, oral, dominating submissive women, public sex, rough sweaty sex, teasing others.
Character's Offs: Scat, golden showers
Player's Ons: Pretty open, see my preferences
Player's Offs: Scat, golden showers

SGTDan

Characters are coming faster then I thought

One of the sons should be up sometime tomorrow
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

@BarbaraGordon: Approved!

@GnothiSeauton: Approved!

@Vanetias: I only have a small issue with your character's history, your mentioning him having a greater financial stability than the family isn't in keeping with the setting, Roman son's didn't really have private property in the sense that we do now, all the things someone owned/earned/etc were by Roman law and tradition the property of the Pater Familias. As such they would have been mismanaged away by Lucius's father just like all the other portion of the family's money. If you can deal with (and correct this) I have no other issues with your character, thanks.

@Odanrav: Approved!

@IrishWolf: Approved!

@SGTDan: Can't wait to see him.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

whtbitch4u2own

Amethyst
by Whtbitch4u2own
Role: Are they the wife? the daughter? son? slave? gladiator? etc? Yes females can be gladiators too.
Gladiator Type: Not applicable
Appearance Details: Apppearance: Height/weight: 5’8/120 lbs . Amethyst has a clean body, without a scar, and blessed with smooth silky skin from her head to toe. Branded with a mark of the house on her upper right hip.

Personality & Bio: Personality: Amethyst has accepted this sort of lifestyle and wasn’t forced into it like many other slaves. She was a happy girl and enjoyed her freedom very well before she surrendered herself to the king of her region, Leonid. There were many reasons why she took that big step of her life. Her parents had an enormous debt owing to the king because of the land they borrowed from him. In the beginning, the land gave loads of grains so they made plenty of money for a common man his status. Unfortunately the land became useless after three rainless consecutive years, during which time; her father kept sinking in debt year after year. He reached a stage where he couldn’t even pay taxes on top of what he owed the king for the land.

One day, he was called in along with his family. Her father, mother, her younger sister(12 years old) and she (17 years old) stood in his court as the king suggested that if he can’t figure out a way to pay his debts then he either will have to let go his wife or his daughters. They will be taken as part of the payment and kept as slave. King was generous so he did allow him one more year to turn submit some form a payment but nothing turned up. End of the year was approaching and she very well understood what was going to happen. Even at such an age, she had qualities of a grown woman. She couldn’t see her mother being separated from her children and her husband as well her little sister snatched of a motherly love at a young age if the daughters were taken away. She didn’t want her younger sister nor her mother to suffer and after giving it a lot of thought she left her house to go to the king’s castle.

She pleaded the king to take her in as part of the payment and her family shall not be harmed in return, her mother nor her sister. Fortunately, the king agreed and took her in as his slave. She worked hard not to disappoint and even warmed his bed many times as the king demanded. She hated it and still hates it but some part of her learned to not feel the pain brought on by harsh treatment but the slight pleasure it brings along as well. She was serving food when the king Leonid had Lucius Flavius as his guest. Upon seeing Amethyst, he commented that she should be in his collection of pleasure house with a body and face like hers. She was 18 when the old king Leonid took her in and at 21; he gave her away as a token of gift to his good friend Lucius Flavius. The old king told her not to disappoint his friend or her family will pay. It’s been three years at the new house and she’s grown to like it and live without a complaint. A girl who existed few years back was now repressed deep down somewhere in her memory as she took on a new personality which’s sole purpose is to serve. All men that came in her life were cruel and wanted only one thing from her; the reason she hated those filthy men. She tried not to remember her past since it brings pain so she learned not to live in her past but live in her present. Learning to love what comes her way.

At the ludis, her duties are whatever the Lanista commands; either pleasing him or anyone else for that matter apart from her usual chores of cleaning and cooking. She gets along well with other slaves and everyone else in the house.

Character's Ons: Satisfaction of her superiors.
Character's Offs: Being treated very harshly
Player's Ons: Everything but
Player's Offs: Scat, mutilation
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Vanetias

SGTDan

Brutus Flavius Full Name: Ignatius Brutus Flavius
by SGTDan
Role: Son, Employed in the Roman Legio II Legio Martis of Gallia Cisalpina  as a Decanus
Appearance Details:
Brutus stands roughly five foot six with a strong well built build toned from the Roman Legion's rigorous training. Black hair matched with a pair of light brown eyes makes Brutus less then striking at first glance. If anything he blends in with the numerous gritty scarred faces of the Legionnaires and he prefers it that way. Usually he wears his hair cut extremely short as to not interfere with his helmet while maintaining mostly a clean shaven face, sometimes marred with stubble depending on mood and location. Underneath the usual Legion adornments that he wears one would find a body scarred with the memories of numerous battles. On his hands is the symbol of his Legion (Right) and the Roman Army eagle (Left) while on his chest are two pieces of ropes intertwined together in a small knot.
Personality:
Quiet,reserved but extremely observant Brutus doesn't talk much preferring actions over words. Leaving the long winded oratories to the senators he prefers to let the sharp end of his galdius do the talking. Many back in Rome would say this mans time in the barbaric lands up north have uncivilized him however to Brutus it is the fact that Roman life tires him. All the fancy machinations of day to day Roman life to him is a waste of time and effort. One would say he is a woodsman or a barbarian but he just scoffs. If any of those people knew what he knew they wouldn't be preaching their rhetoric.

While he may appear timid Brutus is far from from such, in fact his quiet nature allows him to observe. Taking in the surroundings he is able to strike when people least expect it. Cautious when it comes to everything he is tempered by war. He knows that a slow patience approach is the key to success. Letting your anger get to you will only lead to misery. In speech he is to the point, far from a silver tongued diplomat. In the noble class where he is supposed to belong he stands out but among the common soldiery he is just another man. This suits the unassuming Brutus just fine but he is cursed with the family name. As such he is often burdened with the expectations that one would expect of a noble Roman. Such expectations don't last long in his company though.
Bio:
One would believe growing up in a rich noble Roman family,located in Pompeii of all places, would mean a child wants for nothing. Education,money and privilege are all provided with a dozen doting servants. However Brutus's life wanted for the one thing he desired more then anything; adventure. Early in his life everyone was grooming him for taking the position of head of the Flavius family. Between his desire to do more then sit in libraries reading and the fact he despised the life of a noble. Rebellion was common in the young boys early days. Tantrums when forced to stay inside along with numerous groundings. Despite his teachers best efforts, parent talk's and everyone else the tipping point came when the boy was caught trying to stow away aboard a ship on the docks. Fed up his parents took a new route, letting the boy go hoping the enthusiasm would wear off. 

Fifteen saw him jumping into the Roman Army with not much resistance from his parents. They just hoped by the time his service was up Brutus, he long since in an act of rebellion shirked his given name, would come back wanting the post. Some of the boys first years were awe inspiring, he took to the training with a intense fire and conviction. If anything it would appear he had a natural aptitude for all things martial. Marching around Rome and Europe failed to sate his lust for adventure much to the dismay of his parents. Continual letters from their far flung son told of amazement,wonderful sights and the thrill of protecting Roman citizens. Each year that passed hardened the teenager slowly whittling away the boyhood wonderment as the number of battles he fought in grew.

Eventually the letters told of a young man who had grown out of his lust for adventure. Sadly the letters also spoke that he had found his duty in life, that he never truly felt the same way about the family. This was devastating news however Brutus didn't care as the battlefield was where he belonged not in a villa surrounded by decadence. Out on the borders of the Rome though he soon found the second love of his life. While on patrol his centuria ambushed by a bunch of Celtic barbarians. Outnumbered the men fought tough but were soon overwhelmed as Brutus took a axe to the side. Blacking out he didn't remember how he woke up in a small village of barbarians but he did know that the red headed woman who tended to him was of striking beauty.

For the next few days he stayed in the village recovering from his wounds. Learning about the "barbarians" from the woman, named Brietta Sadbh, said that it was a Celtic village. She along her friends found him barely breathing near the ambush site then brought him to the village. When asked as to why she simply shrugged but never answered. As strength returned to his body he took up many duties around the village to keep himself in shape. Those days changed his view on Rome and the world. By the time he found himself packing to head back to Roman lines Brutus had under gone a transformation and fell in love with Brietta.

On his return Brutus was hailed a barbarian killer after his lavish tale of barely surviving amongst the barbaric lands. Deep down despite the promotion to decanus he felt that he could never return to the life his father wanted him to. Even if he wanted it, the things he had learned couldn't simply be ignored. More importantly he knew that he was in love with a barbarian, something taboo in Roman society. One night in front of the fire with his contubernium Brutus decided that once his twenty five year service was up he would settle down with Brietta. This conclusion he kept from the family but it was something that he felt was right. More of his assignments to the borders often included with clandestine meetings late in the night. Each and every night only enforcing his conviction to Brietta and weighing his heart down with grief of having to leave her.

Suddenly Brutus found himself getting orders that the cohort he was in was being sent as a garrison force in Pompeii. Despite the fact that a majority of the Legio II was meant to do border duty they claimed a lack of men. To Brutus though he knew what had happened halfway on the march home. The hours of teaching that was spent on him wasn't completely wasted as it gave him a good look into the politics of the Empire. Long ago he had already come to the conclusion that politics was a waste of time however also being far more dangerous then the sharpest gladius. Using the knowledge gained from his younger years Brutus could avoid most politics to focus on being a warrior. To his dismay though it would appear that this was one political move he couldn't avoid, his father had pulled strings to get him back home even briefly. Suspecting that the true purpose of this was to wrangle the wayward son back into his supposed place in the world.

Bitter, frustrated and angry Brutus arrived in the city a few days ago. His contubernium being put up in the families villa after what is assumed to be more strings being pulled. The days were mostly spent dodging his father and attending to garrison duties while his men enjoyed the luxury of their commendations. Suspicions proving true as to the purpose of the cohort being dispatched here. In fact the surrounding Legions were more then able to handle the defense.  All this was his fathers damnable machinations to corral him back home but little did he know that his son's heart wasn't in Pompeii anymore.

O/O: For the sake of simplicity just assume the my character's ons and offs are the same as mine.

Contubernium

Smallest unit in the Roman Legion, the contubernium is composed of 8 Legionnaires and 2 servants attending to the men's equipment and mule.

The 3 names listed below follows the picture left to right
-Legionnaire Nero Titianus
Second in command, Nero is the comic relief of the group. When they are all grim faced coated in dirt from a battle they can always count on Nero to come up with a clever quip to raise morale. Of typical Roman stature he hardly seems striking from simple outward appearances. It is his cheeriness despite all odds that makes him remarkable. Currently among the most trusted of Brutus's friends and comrades.
-Legionnaire Regulus Aurelius
-Legionnaire Julius Severianus

-Legionnaire Camillus Pontius
The strongest and biggest of the men in the tent, Pontius is the same stature as a Celtic barbarian.  On march he happily carries the heaviest of the equipment without complaint. Although he is an intimidating presence on the battlefield Pontius is actually very soft spoken and calm outside of battle. One of the longest serving Legionnaires in the group he treats his fellow comrades like family, going to great lengths to protect them. If there is surely one way to invoke the giants wrath it is to mess with his comrades.
-Legionnaire Horatius Aetius
-Legionnaire Decimus Germanus
-Legionnaire Cato Claudius
-Legionnaire Marinus Varinius
-Adiutor Gnaeus Herminius
-Adiutor Priscus Octavius
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

IrishWolf

Which region of Gaul was Brutus serving near and what tribe is Brietta from?

SGTDan

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 08, 2014, 01:10:26 AM
Which region of Gaul was Brutus serving near and what tribe is Brietta from?
I would be lying if I said I knew anything in depth about the Gauls, if you have knowledge of such things by all means suggest away.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

IrishWolf

Ah, as it is, I happen to have a map of Gaul right before the Gallic Wars, which would be right around when our story is taking place and it shows where many of the tribes were located

Gaul was divided into five sections. Gallia Narbonensis and Gallia Cisalpina already under Roman rule. Gallia Celtica, Gallia Belgica, Gallia Aquitania remain Barbarian. All five were part of the La Tène culture and had Celtic tribes in them but only Gallia Celtica was primarily Celtic and Julius Caesar referred to them as "proper Gauls". Funny thing to, the Romans called them Gauls but the tribes living in the region called themselves Celts.

SGTDan

Ah yes I knew that much, I figured you meant the prominent tribes within those regions.

As for the area I was aiming for Gallia Celtica but past the regions the Celts/Gauls inhabited I know little about their culture or the tribes within those regions. I know the basics from Julius Caesars book but beyond that not much. I've been meaning to read up on it since my love for Vikings seems to translate over to the Gauls. Looking at the map though I am not sure where he would of been stationed I want to say somewhere in the region of the Rhine,Daub or Elbe rivers.

Any suggestions as to the tribes in that are would be appreciated.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Vanetias

Quote from: SGTDan on February 08, 2014, 02:04:56 AM
Ah yes I knew that much, I figured you meant the prominent tribes within those regions.

As for the area I was aiming for Gallia Celtica but past the regions the Celts/Gauls inhabited I know little about their culture or the tribes within those regions. I know the basics from Julius Caesars book but beyond that not much. I've been meaning to read up on it since my love for Vikings seems to translate over to the Gauls. Looking at the map though I am not sure where he would of been stationed I want to say somewhere in the region of the Rhine,Daub or Elbe rivers.

Any suggestions as to the tribes in that are would be appreciated.

http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?Dir=wars&FileName=wars_gallic.php

Maybe this would help?

IrishWolf

Hmm, I'm not sure that Roman had any troops stationed near the the Rhine or Danube at the time of our story and nowhere near the Elbe for sure. Roman territory did come close to Lake Constance though, which is one the Rhine (you can see the lake on the map, near the Helvetii) and the river itself forms the dividing line between Gaul and Germania. In fact, I don't think the Roman were on the Rhine until after Caesar conquered Gaul and was fighting Germanic tribes, who were crossing the river into Gallic territory.

SGTDan

Ah that would make sense the whole BC and AD years get confusing after awhile. My bad on that one so I would assume then that he served somewhere near Lake Constance then. I am unsure of the exact borders at the time but I can see him serving along the Gallia Cisalpina borders mostly. As for Brietta's tribe...hmmm Helvetii would make most sense location wise. That sounds pretty solid to me given what I've read in the town time between posts.

How does it sound? Also I imagine it would be a surprise for Conchar when Brutus speaks to him in fluent Gallic
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

IrishWolf

heeheehee, yeah, BC and AD can trip people up. That plan sounds pretty solid to me and it will differently but interesting when Conchar finds out Brutus can speak his native tongue.

Vanetias

Not sure if possible, but can your character make an arranged treaty/marriage to the Gaul tribe who saved him? It would be more of "Cultural exchange program" in that the Romans will bring in a few Gauls to their culture, in hopes of them teaching the greatness and wonder of Romans, or point out 'flaws' in Gaul culture in order to 'uplift' the Gauls. He can get his beloved(If she was not arranged to another man, of which he could challenge him to a duel to her hand), and the Romans get to show the Gauls how superior the culture is. (And if possible, maybe bag along a few potential servants and gladiators along the way, just keep them at aw from the Gaul gladiator champ.)

Urbanzorro

Well the thing is that Romans viewed themselves as so superior during this time(and for nearly all their history) that marriage to non Romans (or Roman citizens) was considered quite taboo and unsightly for any but the lowest class of Roman citizens, the plebeians. (Aka the plebs). The only way it would be seen as acceptable would be in the case of marrying into royalty (and usually a daughter not a son). Also Romans considered to be Celts and Gauls to be among the most savage barbarians, they often during the late republic viewed them as just a step above beasts. So the fact that Brutus loves a Gaul and wishes to marry her/build a life with her, would be quite a scandal to any who knew. And probably a source of conflict and disgrace between him and his family if they knew of it. Roman culture had a strong tradition of viewing anything non-Roman as inferior to the point of being beneath consideration in terms of being people/civilized. With very few exceptions.

So the short answer is that at the family's class level any kind of genuine relationship that went further than business or simple exotic pleasure would be considered quite scandalous and embarrassing for the family. With the marriage of a son to a non-Roman (especially one form the Gallic regions) would not be approved by just about all members of the family and seen as a disgraceful point of conflict and friction. Roman family members had been disowned for much less. That having been said Brutus wouldn't be disowned in this case because his father sees potential in him and hopes to change him of his mind/cure him of his 'forest fever' which he expects will pass given time in proper civilization.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

kcrunch55

Marius
by kcrunch55
Role: Doctore
Gladiator Type: Trained in nearly all styles
Appearance Details: Marius is average height for a Roman, at 5'7" and has a powerful, stocky frame from years of combat training. It is his speed and agility that sets him apart from others, his movement has been likened to that of a lion. Marius has surprisingly few scars for a former gladiator; the most notable of which are on his left cheek, a long one running down his right quad and the lacerations on his back from the whip. 
Personality: Marius is a fierce competitor with a calm demeanor. He is typically good nature'd and enjoys a sense of humor. His demeanor is radically altered in the arena and in training, where he pushes himself to the edge of his limits. He expects the very best of his gladiators and does not tolerate failure.
Bio: Marius remembers hearing childhood stories about his Macedonian descent. He believes his ancestors fought alongside Alexander in his conquest of the world, however no proof of this exists. Marius has been a lifelong slave of the Flavius family, he has been trained as a gladiator in-house from an early age. He made his mark and gained the respect of the Flavious household by attaining the rank of House Champion at an early age. Marius was promoted to Doctore to help Lucius Flavious restore the former glory of his household. Marius has the utmost respect for Lucius and hopes that he can eventually be elevated to Lanista himself.
Character's Ons: Most anything goes, except
Character's Offs: Scat, watersports, vore
Player's Ons: same
Player's Offs: same

bubby

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

Methinks this is just what I need to spark my muse! I'll get you a female gladiator up here in a bit!

SGTDan

Quote from: Urbanzorro on February 08, 2014, 11:48:19 AM
Well the thing is that Romans viewed themselves as so superior during this time(and for nearly all their history) that marriage to non Romans (or Roman citizens) was considered quite taboo and unsightly for any but the lowest class of Roman citizens, the plebeians. (Aka the plebs). The only way it would be seen as acceptable would be in the case of marrying into royalty (and usually a daughter not a son). Also Romans considered to be Celts and Gauls to be among the most savage barbarians, they often during the late republic viewed them as just a step above beasts. So the fact that Brutus loves a Gaul and wishes to marry her/build a life with her, would be quite a scandal to any who knew. And probably a source of conflict and disgrace between him and his family if they knew of it. Roman culture had a strong tradition of viewing anything non-Roman as inferior to the point of being beneath consideration in terms of being people/civilized. With very few exceptions.

So the short answer is that at the family's class level any kind of genuine relationship that went further than business or simple exotic pleasure would be considered quite scandalous and embarrassing for the family. With the marriage of a son to a non-Roman (especially one form the Gallic regions) would not be approved by just about all members of the family and seen as a disgraceful point of conflict and friction. Roman family members had been disowned for much less. That having been said Brutus wouldn't be disowned in this case because his father sees potential in him and hopes to change him of his mind/cure him of his 'forest fever' which he expects will pass given time in proper civilization.

Ah I love taboos and scandals!

Yes Urban is right especially since Brutus is no longer of the typical mindset too. He views everyone as equals no matter class, birth or culture. This is why he desires to be as far away from Rome as possible. His time in the Celtic village opened his eyes to hypocrisy of the Empire that he fights for. It tears him between duty and what he feels is right. Now if you add in all the pressure from being a heir to nobility? It just becomes a big ass mess of he ever openly stated his love or beliefs. At home on the borders of Rome Brutus is very uncomfortable among the urban centers of Rome where his name is known and expectations of being nobility are expected of him.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

Hardest part of making a char, finding the pic. I've narrowed it down to 5...

IrishWolf

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2014, 03:23:20 PM
Hardest part of making a char, finding the pic. I've narrowed it down to 5...

Bubby! *glomps* I know right? It took me hours to find a pic for Conchar

bubby

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 08, 2014, 03:26:24 PM
Bubby! *glomps* I know right? It took me hours to find a pic for Conchar

Wolf! *Purrowls and licks* Imma take a short break, do dishes, and then settle in to write up my char! I've sent a PM to Urban but haven't heard back, am I assuming correctly that I can make my Gladiatrix a 'new' acquisition to the Ludus?

SGTDan

I see nothing wrong with it Bubby, given the fact he has to build the family back up so that would most likely mean getting more gladiators.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

So are we in AD then? Wanna make sure my timeline is correct. Approx. what year?

Urbanzorro

We're in the last century BC, still within the time of the Republic

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SGTDan

So BC counts down...that always fucks me up.

So what BC are we specifically?
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

bubby

Ryann ap Elim
by bubby

Role: Gladiatrix Trainee
Gladiator Type: Self trained Dimachaerus

Appearance Details: Bright green eyes, several scars from previous battles.

Personality: Angry. Calculating. She is a slave, and knows it, and hates it with every fiber of her being. But she knows the only way to survive her situation is to be the best fighter she can be. To become the best Gladiatrix, to bathe in blood and think it the blood of her captors. If she is to die, which truly she cares not if she does, it will be with swords in her hands, not as a pathetic house slave.

Bio: Born in the heart of Ireland , she was the only daughter of the High King, and treated more like a son, just as she wished it. She could hunt and fight alongside any man of the Tribes with ease, and held much respect for her exploits and skills. Able to ride horse, shoot bow, swing a sword and wrestle with the best of the men, it was no surprise to see her in battle parties, her Father having no qualms with sending her to settle disputes and raids. Many sought her hand in marriage, yet she thought herself to young and too fierce to settle to a man... leaving her at her capture a virgin. She was taken in a raid while on the coast of Bregia, and has been too much trouble for the entire length of time she has been in captivity. She finally ends up purchased by the Ludus Flavius, her battle instincts obvious.

Character's Ons: Rough sex, slight non-con
Character's Offs: Full on rape, scat, water sports
Player's Ons: Possible 'romance' with another Gladiator, either established or new.
Player's Offs: Same as characters. (PM ME FOR DETAILS IF A SEXUAL SITUATION MIGHT OCCUR)

IrishWolf

bubby

SGTDan

A female Celt...this totally won't trigger anything in Brutus :P

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

SGTDan

You truly are a horrible woman Bubby  ;D

I mean that in the nicest way
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

IrishWolf

Hmmm, you know, I mentioned that Conchar fights naked but I never said anything about his daily wear. What do you think bubby, would Ryann enjoy watching and training with a tall, muscled Celtic man, in the buff all the time or should he wear a tunic when not in the arena?

bubby

Lol... naked man? Hhhmmm..

... YES PLEASE!!!

That is my personal view anyway.... Ryann however, might just think he thinks himself a bit too awesome for his britches. Or lack thereof...

SGTDan

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2014, 07:13:07 PM
Lol... naked man? Hhhmmm..

... YES PLEASE!!!

That is my personal view anyway.... Ryann however, might just think he thinks himself a bit too awesome for his britches. Or lack thereof...
I'm too sexy for my tunic

*Sings away*

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro
Wife: The wife of Lucius Flavius and mother of his children. The most powerful woman in the house and one of Lucius's most trusted confidants
Eldest Son: Currently SGTDan, Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias, Galvius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon, Livia
Head House Slave Foxy Oni, Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own, Amethyst
Doctore Kcrunch55, Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf, Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton, Ada
Full Gladiator A fully trained gladiator of the house Flavius, these warriors have completed their training, earned the mark of the gladiator, and now serve the family in the arena. (may be male or female)
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav, Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby, Ryann ap Elim
Gladiator Trainee An as of yet untrained gladiator to be. Whether they succeed or fail in their training remains to be seen (may be male or female)

There you go Urban, and any new folks to know what is taken and what isn't
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

kcrunch55

Awesome, looks like we have almost all the essential characters.
Looking forward to getting into this.

AlexStone

So, I'm sorry I'm a little late to the party, but does it look like you've got room for more?  And if so, what would be best- I can come up with a lot of notions here.

bubby

Looks like it depends on what you want to do. There are several spots still open, according to the list.

AlexStone

Well, true enough.  I guess I'm asking what would help the game best at this point- another gladiator? Something not on the list? (Or would that not figure into the plot?)

bubby

Well I'm not the Great and Powerful Leader of the game, but it seems to me another Full Gladiator might be good.

Urbanzorro

I'd say either a fully trained or trainee gladiator, with a slight lean towards trainee but not enough to make that large a difference so really just up to personal preference. Or a male house slave if such appeals to you. For instance perhaps an intelligent Greek (or other race) who serves as an accountant/advisor/sounding board for my character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheLegionary

Hi there,
I don't believe I missed this thread! Are all the male noblepeople roles taken?
If this is the case, I may be playing another full gladiator. Is this role still available?
TL

SGTDan

List of available roles for everyone

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro
Wife: The wife of Lucius Flavius and mother of his children. The most powerful woman in the house and one of Lucius's most trusted confidants
Eldest Son: Currently SGTDan, Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias, Galvius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon, Livia
Head House Slave Foxy Oni, Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own, Amethyst
Doctore Kcrunch55, Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf, Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton, Ada
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav, Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby, Ryann ap Elim
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

AlexStone

Seeing as how gladiators seem to be where the action is these days, I'll make one of those.  Give me a little bit to pound out a character in my head.

bubby

AlexStone

SGTDan

Oh you guys, I'm surprised no one has taken the Wife.

I never thought Zorro would be that unlovable
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

Zorro is all sorts of lovable! I'm just not very much the 'wife' type. >.> Even if she could be a ruthless bitch. I need to be a ruthless bitch with SWORDS!

RAWR!!  >:)

IrishWolf

Quote from: bubby on February 09, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Zorro is all sorts of lovable! I'm just not very much the 'wife' type. >.> Even if she could be a ruthless bitch. I need to be a ruthless bitch with SWORDS!

Awwww, so cute *picks bubby up in a big hug* I refuse to believe you need to be a ruthless bitch, lol

bubby

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 09, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

Awwww, so cute *picks bubby up in a big hug* I refuse to believe you need to be a ruthless bitch, lol

*Attempts the rawr again, but dissolves into purrs at the hug* I don't need to, but I like to.  ::)

TheLegionary

Greetings Urbanzorro and everyone!
Even if there is someone else applying for the role of a full gladiator, two of them are required. I am taking one of them.

Julius Flavius Severus
by TheLegionary
Role: Full Gladiator
Gladiator Type: Julius Flavius Severus had a lot of experience in the Roman Legions in the Northern regions of the Empire. This explains why he can fight as a Murmillo or a Velites.
Appearance Details: Even before becoming a gladiator, Julius Flavius Severus was always a physically impressive man. The tall Roman stood 6’2 and weighted more than 220 pounds of pure muscles, perfectly distributed in a manly body with wide shoulders, thick arms, 8-pack abs and strong thighs. His brown, curly hair and dark eyes were a perfect match for his tanned skin, covered with scarves in his arms.
Personality: Julius Flavius Severus was a very confident man, which was a consequence of his dominant personality. He was used to leading, not being led. Until a tragedy fell upon his personal life, he had protective instincts, playing the role of the Alpha provider for his family and even for his subordinates. However, this past was is gone and by the time he was made slave, he was using his superior body and intelligence to intimidate, to abuse and to beat whoever did not bow to his selfish desires. This does not mean he cannot carry on a conversation and eventually teach what others don't know - he is capable of making friends when some pints of beer are on the table. If any soul can see through his hardened surface, he or she will see a troubled person looking for peace.
Bio: Julius Flavius Severus was born as a free Roman in a very rich family that had been given lands near Modena. The young Julius was raised as traditions required for his status, i.e. educated as someone to rule. Besides Latin, he learned to speak Greek. Moreover, he was taught the basics of astronomy and astrology. Traditions also required him to be trained as a legionnaire, even a commander. As he reached 16, Julius was sent to combat as a commander of a centuria and spite of his lack of experience, managed to win some battles. At the age of 25, he was becoming a legend, rising in the military career.
Then, something terrible happened to his life, which would make his world crumble. The Fates did not spare him. While his beloved family was visiting him in the North, a group of Germanic raiders crossed the Rhine River. His family was staying in a small fortification targeted by the invaders who outnumbered the defenders in a sneaky attack. As a result of the invasion, his wife was killed and his twin kids were enslaved, taken to Barbarian lands.
This was too much for Julius, who collapsed emotionally. Julius became a problematic official, obsessed with the idea of finding his kids again. He led several raids into Germania, even though his commanders had not authorized them. He was reprimanded and all he did was to curse his commander. His lack of discipline caused Julius to be expelled. His father, a famous Roman commander who had fought with Augustus in Egypt, did not like what happened. When Julius returned to his father's home, he was not allowed to enter it. Within 6 months, Julius was owing lots of denari and as he could not afford paying his debts, he was sold in the other side of the Tiber River as a slave to the Pater Familias Lucius Flavius, who had heard about his fighting skills.
Character's Ons: Julius is naturally dominant, but he enjoys a challenging woman to be tamed. After the death of his wife, Julius' romantic side faded away and all he cares about a woman is how she can please him - paradoxically, he can be lovely and tender, if his old self comes back. He likes the different: her wife was a redhead woman, which was quite unusual for Roman standards, where brunettes were the rule.
Character's Offs: Same as myself. See below.
Player's Ons: I am open to discuss anything. I thought we could show him changing from a brutal man to a more centered character. Of course, sex would come first, but I want to see his noble side back. This is just a lose idea, so I am open to change it: even though I like planning, I am not very dogmatic.
Player's Offs: My list is not very big. Even if you think I may have it listed something you want in my off list, please send me a PM: I tend to be very flexible, since a major on for me is to turn my writting buddies. For further information, click here.

SGTDan

Quote from: bubby on February 09, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

A perfect combo those things

Sharp pointy things and ruthless bitches
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

EndofDivine

So I was doing my research because I had no idea how roman names worked and apparently Romans numbered their daughters if they had too many. So yeah, that's a thing that happened. Anyway, I made the mother. Not really the ruthless bitch bubby might have made unless she's around one of you dirty slaves or brutish barbarians...then the mother gloves come off.

Aurelia
by EndofDivine
Role: Wife/Mother
Appearance Details: Aurelia is of average height and weight with unblemished skin that is only lightly tanned thanks to her life of luxury. She is almost always dressed to impress, believing it adds to her air of authority and nobility. Around other proper Romans, she's the very image of the perfect wife and always has a smile to offer and pleasant conversation to exchange. Her demeanor is much less bright around those of lower stations and she usually drops the practiced pleasantries altogether in the company of her husband's slaves.
Personality: Confident and headstrong, Aurelia is in charge of the affairs of the household and she's not afraid to show it. More than anything, she tries to keep up the illusion of nobility despite the family's failing wealth. Any guest she receives is well-entertained and cared for, giving the family a reputation of hospitality - something Aurelia prides herself on.

Aurelia's main focus is keeping the family together, especially as the family's situation has deteriorated. She plays the role of a family mediator when necessary and offers a helping hand and an open ear to any member of the family that may need it. Her children have always been the center of her life and while she may not agree entirely with some of their actions, she does still love each of them. A lot of the furor Aurelia shows in the family's dealings is motivated by that love; the woman trying her hardest to continue the family's tradition of wealth so that her children may enjoy the life of nobility for many more years to come.

Her kindness doesn't extend to her husband's slaves, however. She's lived the lifestyle far too long to think of them as anything more than property and she treats them as such. Aurelia isn't needlessly cruel by any means but she also doesn't hesitate when it comes to keeping the gladiator and house slaves in line. Even so, she does often find herself using the slaves as a way to vent her growing frustrations, turning minor infractions into major punishments.
Bio: The life of luxury that comes with being a Roman noble is all Aurelia has ever known. She was born into a noble family that served as a bit of a friendly rival for the Flavius family, both of them making a living off the work and blood of others. Given the two family's close ties, it was really only a matter of time before the bonds were made stronger through marriage. And so, at a fairly early age, Aurelia was given to the family's oldest son, Lucius. It seemed like the perfect union; both families had started seeing a decline and believed their combined strength would be enough to stave off financial ruin.

That proved not to be the case, however. The two families working together actually made things worse for both parties, complacency settling in once the two rivals stopped competing against one another. Aurelia's family suffered much swifter than the Flavius family, her father abandoning Pompeii and the family estate shortly after Aurelia began showing signs of her second child. Left alone in Pompeii with only her husband and her growing family, Aurelia decided to make the best of it, trusting that Lucius would find a way to prevent the same fate from befalling her and her children.
Character's Ons: Romance, teasing, bit of an exhibitionist
Character's Offs: Rape, Incest, Violence/Blood, Bathroom stuff
Player's Ons: I really don't care as long as it's nothing extreme. Just ask first.
Player's Offs: Same as the character's

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

SGTDan

Awesome Divine!

Now Brutus has a mother to scold him too! Also Brutus isn't exactly a slave or barbarian but he also isn't a true Roman anymore...are the mother gloves still off?

Quote from: Tsunami on February 09, 2014, 11:41:26 PM
Is this still recruiting.. I am very interested
Yes,

Is a list I did of taken roles, accepted anyways. Currently we have another full gladiator submitted along with the wife.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Tsunami

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Tsunami

Will have profile up in like 16 hours gotta sleep then work

Urbanzorro

There we go ;D also for reference, because it is mentioned in my character's profile. In terms of ancient Rome, a New Man (or Homo Novus in Latin) was term used for a man who was the first in his family line to be elected to the Roman Senate.

Lucius Flavius
by Urbanzorro
Role: Pater Familias
Gladiator Type: N/A
Appearance Details: Lucius has a long scar running down the skin over his right ribs, a souvenir from his legion days. While he does not take part in any serious training he does pride himself on his health and as such remains suitably fit, especially for a man who could easily allow himself to gluttony.
Personality: There have been many things in Lucius's life that have sculpted his personality. Everything form time in legionary service, to watching his father mismanage the family into near collapse, to having his potential to become a 'new man' taken from him by said mismanagement has caused Lucius to be who he is today. He loves his family and wants only what is best for his children and wife, even if they sometimes don't seem to know what that is themselves. He values his gladiators and slaves as useful and valuable possessions but also believes that they simply are possessions to be used and discarded as needed. The few true friends he has, he holds very close. Anyone who knows him well will tell you that he is strong willed, determined, ambitious, cunning, and above all else steadfast in his belief that the family's future should come before all other considerations. Additionally he has a very high degree of dislike for his deceased father, being forced to live with the results of the man's poor choices and to clean up his mess has forever tarnished Lucius's memories of his father....so much so that he has often considered simply not placing a bust of his father within the room in the villa where the family's honorable memorabilia and the images of deceased family members are proudly displayed.
Bio: Lucius was born in a time when his family was strong and wielded both respect and influence. His grandfather, while not particularly forwarding the progress of the house Flavius, had managed in his time as Pater Familias to insure that the family name lost none of its luster.

As a young boy Lucius was groomed to eventually lead the family, run its businesses and, thanks the thus far continuous prospering of the family name, make an eventual attempt at senate office. If all went well he was to be a New Man, and raise the family's reputation even higher than it had ever reached before. Taught by the finest instructors, schooled in the art of training gladiators by his grandfather, and raised to have proper Roman values Lucius was on track to fulfill all the hopes that were placed upon him.

However things began to change as soon as Lucius's father took control. At twenty years of age Lucius's father arranged the marriage between Lucius and Aurelia, one of the few good decisions the man could be credited with. At age twenty-one, with his wife pregnant and the family seeming to be on a secure footing thanks to the alliance that his marriage had formed, Lucius was given the opportunity to serve in a position of command the legions during a minor campaign. This opportunity was bought through arraignments made by his grandfather when Lucius was but a boy. The importance of this would come into play in the future due to successful military service, especially in a high ranking position, being a key part of opening the path to political opportunity. Lucius served for three years, during which he learned much about the mindset of fighting men, strategic planning, political negotiations and even acquired Amethyst as a slave from a barbarian king who's territory Lucius secured as a client kingdom for Rome.

With his term of service fulfilled Lucius returned home high on success and looking forward the the bright future which lay ahead of him. Only to find that his father and nearly ruined the family while he had been gone. The next twenty-two years saw Lucius forced to watch as his father lost the family fortune piece by piece and drove them ever further to the brink of total loss. When his father finally died Lucius was in truth relieved that things had not progressed to a point where nothing could save the family's prospects. He must now attempt to pick up the pieces and reverse his family's fortunes.

Character's Ons: Just about everything, though Lucius has a special appreciation for dominating others. 
Character's Offs: Scat, mutilation,
Player's Ons: Up for anything except...
Player's Offs: Scat, blood play, mutilation

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

@TheLegionary: I'm assuming you in your character's bio you men Caesar Octavianus Augustus (Julius Ceasar's nephew, and the first emperor of Rome), if I'm right that's actually an issue with your character. Our game takes place during the age of the Late Republic, which is actually before Ceasar's rise, and assassination, and Octavian's struggle with Mark Antony. If you mean a different Augustus please let me know. If not please alter that portion of your character to fit the timeline we have. Other than that though he looks fine and I'll place him on my accepted list under the assumption that you are willing to make the needed alteration.

@EndofDivine: Accepted!

@Everyone: I updated the list of accepted characters at the top of the thread (and also pasted it below.) It looks to me like we are close to filling all the roles listed as required(by my count we are only missing one gladiator trainee) and with that in mind I'm actually of the mindset that we are good to start the game. So, I'll probably have an I.C. thread up sometime tomorrow or Tuesday (work contingent) and have already posted up a central O.O.C. thread please feel free to chat it up on there and discuss any desires for preexisting feelings and such between characters, etc.

Also, if anyone would like to volunteer as a co-gm/gm helper/whatever you choose to call it please let me know. It would probably be of great help! (though not required if no one us up for it)

Our current take/open roles list

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro as Lucius Flavius
Wife: EndofDevine as Aurelia Flavius
Eldest Son: SGTDan as Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias as Galvius Flavius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon as Livia Flavius
Head House Slave Foxy Oni as Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own as Amethyst
Doctore Kcrunch55 as Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf as Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton as Ada
Full Gladiator TheLegionary as Julius Flavius Severus(pending required edits)
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav as Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby as Ryann ap Elim

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SGTDan

I can volunteer for the helper role since that is what I've been doing lately.

For your ease I do have a linked list back a few posts for you to use. Also I love how both Brutus's parents are complete opposites to him, it will make for interesting discussions. Also I changed my Legion to the Legio XXI Rapax which, (After hours of reading and research) was stationed in the province of Reatia (Modern day Switzerland) before the Gallic wars. I am surprised about the lack of information on Legions in the Republic era.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

IrishWolf

If you need any help in a GM manner or in working out a plot point, feel free to hit me up.

TheLegionary

Urbanzorro,
You are correct. I missed that detail and I will change the details accordingly in order to move his background some 100 years before.
Anything else besides that?
Regards,
TL

AlexStone

Alright, here's something I've finally.. pounded out.  Heh. Still working on a picture.

Picture shamlessly ripped off.  Alexandros on the left, his friend The Wolf on the right before games to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle of Zama.

Agrippa, though he goes by Alexandros these days.  Fans of gladiator games back in North Africa called him "Just Missed."
by Alex Stone

Role: A Gladiator

Gladiator Type: Hoplomachus, as befitting his "Greek heritage."

Age: Late twenties.  He's pretty sure it's somewhere in there.

Orientation: Of the "I could be dead tomorrow, you know" persuasion.

Appearance Details: Tall and wiry, Agrippa/Alexandros keeps his dark hair short.  His skin has tanned quite abit from his time in North Africa, and his musculature is pretty well developed for someone without access to modern weight training and protein.  He has a few scars from his fights, but not that many- he gets to wear a lot of armor, after all, and a lot of attacks just missed anyway.  He tends to smile quite a bit, and so generally appears happy outside the ring.  Inside, it's hard to tell if he's enjoying himself, or just getting to business.

Personality: Agrippa/Alexandros is generally on the smart/lazy side of the equation.  He's won more than a few matches by cunning and noticing weaknesses of his opponents.  Outside of the arena, he generally trains and then relaxes around the training school- he doesn't volunteer for any extra work, though he gets it sometimes, like everyone does.  Given his life, he's developed a gallows sense of humor that permeates his life.  He's not going to live forever, or much longer, and he's probably never earning a rudus or freedman's cap, and he'll never have a family, so he tries to cover that up with dark, occasionally bloodsoaked, humor.  While out on a special job, that he's getting to be famous for, he tends to get the job done quickly and as part of a cunning plan.

Bio: Agrippa was born in Siracusa (Syracuse) on Sicily.  According to Philonikos, the old man who raised him and claimed to be his uncle, his mother was a prostitute, and he was a hazard of the trade.  Also, she died giving birth to him.  At least, that's the story Philonikos told, though Agrippa thinks she might have died for some other reason, since there's no mention of a wetnurse anywhere in the stories he was told about his life.  Philonikos taught him to speak Greek, and even read a little Latin and Greek, but not too much, and he tries to pretend he can't read anything.  No sense in giving the impression he's above his station.  He learned to fight as a kid, when the other kids in his neighborhood claimed that Philonikos only took Agrippa in to use him for sexual gratification. (This wasn't true. Philonikos couldn't get it up, despite his best efforts when Agrippa got older.  Not that Agrippa minded at the time.)  When Philonikos died, Agrippa changed his name to Alexandros, and tried to join a a street gang.  Along the way, he got noticed by the owner of a gladiator school in the city in a street fight, and he offered to train Alexandros.  Given he had no future anyway, selling himself into slavery made some sense, so he signed on.  After a few years of hard training, Alexandros was sold into the arenas in North Africa.  He worked the circuit there for most of his early 20s, winning more than he lost.  As he got older, his owner's patron asked him to do some bodyguarding work, which he did, since he could earn extra money that way to waste on gambling, wine and loose women.  This moved up to other jobs, like the occasional theft, kidnapping and murder of unimportant people. 

While he's valuable enough as a gladiator, its really his skill in these sorts of side jobs that led to his sale to the Flavii in Pompeii.  He's looking forward to getting into some matches with Italian gladiators, checking out the city, and seeing what sort of trouble his new patron will want to use him for.   

(I see my first post in the game being his arrival at the villa- he's literally just gotten here.)

Character's Ons: Novelty, these days.  Since he doesn't have long to live- as a man who engages in deadly combat for entertainment- he might as well try something new.  Or new people, and there are a lot of those!

Character's Offs: He's never really seen the point in raping someone.  After all, everyone else might as well enjoy it, too!

Player's Ons: I'm game for whatever comes up, more or less.  I'm willing to explore a little.

Player's Offs: Nothing too extreme- pain for pain's sake, extended torture, that kind of thing.

Zattara

I would like to throw my hat in for one of the slave roles. I'll write up a character bio in the next day or so and post it here. Reading through the thread, I still think you're looking for people to join, but if not, please excuse this post!

Urbanzorro

@IrishWolf: Thanks I'll be sure to hit you up if more help is needed.

@TheLegionary: Thanks, and yes that's the only correction/change needed.

@AlexStone: Looks good, I'll add him to the list once he has an image.

@Zattara: No, we can still use people. Feel free to cook someone up.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tsunami

Titus
by Tsunami
Role:  Gladiator trainee
Gladiator Type: Dimachaerus
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance Details: He was a imposing looking man, with his tall stature, golden colored skinned and a rather harsh looking scar that rested just below his left eye. His hair was kept long, only to add to his intimidating physcique.
Personality: He embraces his life as a gladiator as if it is the only life worth having. He is driven to one goal, that is to be champion.
Bio:
         He can not remember a time were he was not a slave.  Titus grew up in a small Vila outside of the city,  tending fields, cleaning stalls and other manual task that most proper Roman's would considered beneath them. He grew into a young man there and his master saw something different in him, his long hard days into the sun had turned him into a rather impressive man.  It was then he decided to make a profit and sold him to Ludis  for gladiator training.
         Being a slave for so long, having the chance to be elevated to gladiator filled him with joy and it was then he felt so purpose.  He dug into the training grease put through, trying to be the best untill he is accepted as a full gladiator.

Character's Ons:not entirely that sexually experienced,  he is up for most anything.
Character's Offs: Humilition
Player's Ons:i am pretty open to most things.
Player's Offs: Scat, golden showers

SGTDan

Everyone if you haven't been notified yest both OOC and IC are up on the OP.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

That's right, the I.C. and O.O.C threads are up and the game has started. I'll allow further characters for about another dayish in case there is still anyone who wants to join in. A current list of characters can be found in the O.O.C. Thread.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ABV0331

Curious if there is space for another recruit? interested in joining your role, if only start at the bottom roles are available then very well. Just would love to get into this time era group type of role.
Always up for a fight.
Always down for a drink.
Always there for a toke.
Always here for a smoke.

Urbanzorro

If you're quick We might be able to squeeze you in. Especially because we had a player drop just before game start. Go ahead and cook something up and I'll let you know.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ABV0331

"Hamarolf" No full name was ever found for him by the romans, though upon his capture they called him Malleus (Hammer) because of his weapon choice.
by ABV0331
Role:Gladiator/slave (not sure which is which since most start as a slave lol?)
Gladiator Type: Non Orthodoxam, prefers long handled weapons, leaning towards heavy axes and hammers.

Appearance Details: Hamarolf stands taller than nearly every man in his family. A solid 6'2" (Keeping this time appropriate, but if we all are a bunch of 6'6" giants sorry for the mix up lol). When in the "arena" Hamarolf prefers to wear only leg armor and at times he will cover his lower torso with leather wrapping, but he refuses to carry a shield, or wear anything on his arms and chest. At times he wears a simple bucket helm when it is needed, IE two weapon fighters. He has a three very deep scars, one on his right thigh from his knee to his upper thigh that was from a obvious sword slash. Another is a deep scar on his left calf that is on both sides, it is the exact width of a roman gladius, an obvious stab wound. The last is what made him be allow to live, they thought it killed him and stopped attacking, a deep stab wound scar in the center of his rather solid stomach. A spear tip width.

Personality: Hamarolf is often mistaken for insane, often found speaking in his northern tongue to himself, or singing in the same tongue. Though when armed, he seems to snap out of whatever trance he is in while chained. He speaks only when spoken to when around Roman's, and being in Roman camps and slave markets, he picked up enough to understand the Roman tongue. When around other slaves and gladiator types, he keeps his words to a minimum unless they are needed. Often looked at like the mean uncle in the corner.

Bio: Hamarolf is the third son of eight, his father was a smith of his village, making the iron of their land into the weapons that killed many Romans as they charged up north through Germania and finding the Gutones ready. Although his father was a smith, he and every single one of his brothers became hunters and warriors, only his sister kept the craft, the runt of their litter. Most of his brothers learned the shield and axe, or the axe and sword. Hamarolf being the third in line, but the biggest of his family, he picked up a large spear instead. Then a double headed axe. Then a hammer his father made for just him. With a 35 pound head, a 5 foot handle, and made from oak strong enough to block a roman sword, it was his choice weapon. When the romans finally made it to their lands far to the north, Hamarolf and his seven brothers armed themselves and joined the front lines of the ambushes.

They were a frightening group, as they all fought together, brutally killing and viciously protective of each other. Hamarolf oldest brother, their leader, Gildolf carried his fathers hand made shield, a massive steel beast laid over leather and wood between the steel outside. Gildolf also was the head of the snake for the eight of them, he controlled the rage they used and the violence they produced. So when there was no more room for ambushes and there was no choice but to fight head on, Gildolf kissed all of his brothers heads and told them "Let this be the day we eight die. The romans won't have it any other way." Two hours later all but Hamarolf laid dead. The romans advanced slowly behind their shields to the lines, and the brothers viciously threw themselves onto them with their clan's front line, one even standing on the top of the roman testudo trying to make the roman's drop their shield under his weight. It was utter chaos for the entire battle. In the end Hamarolf had drug his brothers' corpses to him as the roman's slashed into the lines of the Gutones. Seven bodies were piled behind Hamarolf as he was the last left and refused to fight forward anymore. He swore he would defend his brother's bodies and die with them. Hamarolf was found at the end of the battle with his hammer next to his bleeding body, a spear three feet long sticking out of his stomach, and all told 35 dead Romans piled in a circle around him where he had killed them.

For months after that Hamarolf was moved further and further south, originally he was intended to heal on the trip and work to death in the quarry considering his large size. Though the sudden need and want for gladiators meant that in every slave market the merchant stopped in he was offered more than what he paid for Hamarolf. The shere size of him, not to mention he was an obvious Germanian as he was pale as a ghost, and in the southern son he was often sun burned from hours under the heat though being a Northman he never could really tan, these all grabbed the attention of slavers heading for Roma and Pompeii while his current owner waited for the night in a former Carthage settlement. After a few days the merchant was offered too much, Hamarolf was sold out from slavery to the mines to slavery to the islands. The entire trip was finally ending, and Hamarolf was pulled off the boat in chains on this island, with a mountain unlike anything in the north Hamarolf had ever seen. "Pompeii, your new grave." The slaver laughed lightly as he said it and pulled the loin cloth clad Germanian behind him. Along with ten other slaves all chained together, the anchor being the giant in front.

Character's Ons: Scars & Red hair.
Character's Offs: Weak willed women.
Player's Ons: I do not judge, nor do I get hung up on bullshit. So whatever happens happens, I only have three real hard limits.
Player's Offs:No castration or limb removal, just kill him instead lol. Not into smell or feet or armpit or whatever other fetish you can put next to those and make sense, keep it sexual don't randomly shove a foot in his face lol. Lastly, he is heterosexual, that does not mean he his homophobic, but it does mean if anyone is getting the idea of man on man in the shower, it will be non consensual with this character so prepare for a fight if you want the Germanian! lol

Ok damn I need a cig, one hour later after I started here it is lol. Anyways let me know how bad I screwed it up and ill make sure its in good shape! Yes I know the Vikings are Way ahead in time frame for the roman's it is just the picture I used, I matched the Germanian background up as best as needed I think.
Always up for a fight.
Always down for a drink.
Always there for a toke.
Always here for a smoke.

bubby

Derwaysh

I am seeing a lot of wicked profiles and writing.

May I toss my hat in the ring? In case someone drops out and you need a replacement, Urbanrozzo?

Thank you for your consideration.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Urbanzorro

@ABV0331: Looks good to me, accepted! ;D

@Derwaysh: What sort of character are you looking to have?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Derwaysh

I am great with both PCs and NPCs. You certainly have a direction for this wicked endeavour however, and I can offer a gladiator trainee if that's the case. (renegade Persian Murmillo).

I can also offer various NPCs from corresponding Ludus, say... cannon fodder for the trainees. Perhaps an archnemesis who's owner of the other ludus, Someone good Flavius must overtake to make his true name, we can always arrange for that/let it pan out, etc.

Other female NPCs who are required for the fray, etc.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Deamonbane

I am in need of a Gladiator RP.... you guys still looking?

Was looking to try a Rudiarius Gladiator that was formerly affiliated to the Family, now returning because... well, he needs the coin...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

ABV0331

Quote from: bubby on February 13, 2014, 04:04:39 PM
Oh..... goodness.... ABV.. *fans self*

Now now darling, relax your celt can jump him later lol. Yeah I figured I would have one comment like that considering the Mohawk wearing actor everyone woman with a thing for Norseman has gotten all weak knee.
Always up for a fight.
Always down for a drink.
Always there for a toke.
Always here for a smoke.

Deamonbane

Angus
by Deamonbane

Role: Trainee Gladiator

Gladiator Type: Hoplomachus

Orientation: Straight

Appearance Details: Icelandic symbol called the Helm of awe; to induce fear and to protect against abuse of power, tattooed on his left arm

Personality: Angus proves himself a remarkable physical specimen: fearless and possessed by a thirst for the fleeting pleasures of life. His love of wine and women, coupled with his unwavering arrogance, is unmatched by any of the other warriors. Though he could take down opponents with swift efficiency, he demonstrates showmanship by pacing his fights with variety of attacks, demonstrating graphically gruesome executions, and laughing and roaring for the spectators. He boasts that he could take on legionaries with his bare hands. Though he pursues physical female companionship on a constant basis, Angus does not mistreat women, and beyond his cockiness, there's an underlying sense of honor about him that creeps to the surface.

Bio:
Born on the Iberian Peninsula, the youngest son of the Chieftain of the Areveci Tribe, he had little chance to enjoy his childhood. As a youth of 6, he was already working hard, as it was unlikely that he would be inherit much of his father's wealth, to be able to earn himself a name and comfortable living as a famous warrior. And at the age of 14, it became apparent that he had the skill for it, quite  a great fighter, beating some of the older men of his tribe at a young age. He was allowed to join his father and older brothers on raids inland at that age.

He quickly proved himself as an able warrior, engaging in combat with just about anyone willing to be put up against his blade. Taking up the Greek style of fighting from a local mercenary and weapons vendor, he used a spear and blade more often than ax and bow, like his brothers, which proved better, as he was something of the runt of the litter, smaller and physically weaker, but faster and far more agile. With training and experience, footwork became a second nature to him, tactical fighting and trickery became his game. He became a name to fear, particularly among the Vacceai, their rival clan.

Irritated by their treatment by their Roman overlords, who took their military feats as nothing, they began something of an uprising, with Angus at the head. With a few victories and arrogance beginning to creep into his father's head, they began a more ambitious fight. However, when brought to the attention of Proconsul Titus Didius, their 'War' was quickly ended in two smashing defeats, the last of which saw Angus captured and sentenced to death Ad Gladium in Pompeii.

This did not end well for the Gladiators that were sent in to fight him, and eventually, the crowd growing tired of the continued attempts to kill the Celt, he was granted life as a slave.

Character's Ons: Strong willed women, a chase, although he does have a taste for the softness of the body of a woman not accustomed to battle.
Character's Offs: Women of little wit or intelligence.

Player's Ons: Firey women that don't take no for an answer, and yet... make him fight for it.
Player's Offs: Check my ons and offs.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

IrishWolf

Deamonbane, not that I'm the GM but we're going with Late Roman Republic, before the conquest of Gaul or Caesars legions arrival to Britain and well before Boudica

Deamonbane

Urbanzorro

Honestly at this point we are quite well stocked for gladiators/gladiatrixes. What we could currently use are house slaves. And even few at that. With that in mind I'll have to close off recruiting for gladiators for now. Though I do expect to open it up at some later date once our first plot point(s) has been hit.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Vanetias

Deamonbane

Still interested, in case you guys are accepting Gladiators again...