News:

Main Menu

I'm considering...

Started by Lady Lunarius, December 24, 2010, 12:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

joining Job Corps. Life's been kind of hectic for me, and I need some ways to get on a better career path. I've been looking at Job Corps for a few months off and on. But I'm not sure at all if it's a good idea. I was hoping to hear some feed back from perhaps some who've gone into Job Corps. A "It was great." is awesome but I'd really like to know the brutal truth. I'm waiting to hear from an admissions counselor to ask them. But I'd really like to hear from people who don't have a script in front of them.

((Sorry if this isn't in the right section I couldn't decide where it goes.))
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

MasterMischief

Something I tell a lot of people for a lot of different situations.  When I look back at my short life, I regret the chances I did not take more than I regret any mistakes I made.

Serephino

One of my cousin's friends was involved in that.  When my boyfriend was looking for work she recommended it and set up and interview.  They didn't take him, so I can't tell you much more than that.  The girl said it's a great starting point though.   

Kalopsia

I know this guy who is currently involved with that program. We didn't talk much about it, but he said it was really helpful and he was glad that he did it when I asked him how it was going. If you think it will help, then you should definitely give it a shot. :)

lollipop

A really good friend went into Job Corps to get out of a rough lifestyle ... it did him a lot of good and he has nothing but good things to say about it.

SinsOfEden

An ex of mine went through Job Corps and they treated him like he was in jail. When he told them he needed to go home for a week or so, they said okay. But when he did go home, they suddenly started saying that he left without permission, started calling ALL of his family on a daily basis, and even threatened to have the police pick him up and bring him back because he was 'AWOL'.

He had a rough time there and many of the teachers and staff were discriminate toward him because he was white, since it was mainly African American people there.

Even when he finally told them that he was leaving the program, they threatened to bring the cops in again and wouldn't even give him his stuff. He said that it was practically like being in prison while there.

Even I was going to go into Job Corps in my area and my admissions counselor ended up being a total bitch. Like... The first time I met her, she was late for our appointment. Then the more I went to see her...she just acted like she didn't give a flying rat's ass about me or anything. I mean she was the epitome of 'bitch'. She definitely didn't need to be working there or be an admissions counselor with her attitude. It was shitty. And to top it off.... She never contacted me again. I never heard another word from her. Not to tell me when I could go. Not to tell me that she couldn't get me in. Not even to tell me to go suck a dick.

So there's two separate - though both equally negative - experiences for you.

Hope you have better luck with it all.
  |≈|  Apologies/Absences  |≈|  On's/Off's & More  |≈| 

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 
{Between Zyrkirius and Lloyd... Zyr is currently present.}

~ Current avatar ~

|≈|  Zyr's Beast  |≈|  Lloyd's first intro.  |≈|