DND 5E Adventurers Wanted (Party Assembled!)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, February 19, 2024, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 19, 2024, 09:36:41 PMWould this take place before or after the fall of the Kingdom of Many Arrows?
After.  Five or six years after, by my estimation.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

oldedog

Tempted to dust off my Tiefling Rogue that worked as a Harper spy. 

She was raised in Calimshan and trained as a dancing girl which she used to distract people while she picked their pockets and eavesdropped on them for the Harpers.

Do you have a rogue for the group yet?

Rainwood

So far it looks like two clerics and a fighter. A rogue would be an excellent fit, I think.

Pumpkin Seeds

Yep, sounds like the front is fixed up with two fighter types and a healer..need the back and a range...WE NEED FIREBALLS!

Sorry...had caffeine today.

Rainwood

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 20, 2024, 08:00:04 AMYep, sounds like the front is fixed up with two fighter types and a healer..need the back and a range...WE NEED FIREBALLS!

Sorry...had caffeine today.
I confess I had hoped to have a little snoop on your character sheet, PS. But I think it must be set to private? No big deal if that was on purpose, it's none of my business! ^_^

Pumpkin Seeds

Oh let me see if I can change it..I didn't know. I don't use this stuff much.

Pumpkin Seeds

oldedog

I guess I could see what kind of spellslinger I can come up if you all think that would be more appropriate 

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: oldedog on February 20, 2024, 07:44:34 AMTempted to dust off my Tiefling Rogue that worked as a Harper spy.

She was raised in Calimshan and trained as a dancing girl which she used to distract people while she picked their pockets and eavesdropped on them for the Harpers.

Do you have a rogue for the group yet?
A rogue always works.  They're usually my favorites.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rainwood

Quote from: oldedog on February 20, 2024, 08:39:51 AMI guess I could see what kind of spellslinger I can come up if you all think that would be more appropriate
My personal vote goes to the rogue concept, especially since we mostly seem to be Harpers. But you do you!

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 20, 2024, 08:24:29 AMDoes that work?

It did indeed. Looks great!

oldedog

Alright, I'll see about getting my rogue together later today.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2024, 11:15:02 PM

Race - Orc

Class - Cleric

Faction Affiliation -

Background -The religion of Tyr was all Kansif would know as a child. Brought to the temples by a paladin of the order, she was raised by humans as an orphan. For many years she would never know that the paladin that had saved her was also the one that had slaughtered her people. Instead she lived among the humans there, laughing and playing as any child might. She would be trained for the arts of war by these humans, learn to sings hymns to Tyr and turn the divine weapons of the forge on their enemies. She became a powerful candidate for the order, a true testament to what a warrior could be.

Still she never felt the calling as the other priests proclaimed. Her prayers felt hollow and without passion. Fighting felt more for herself, for the passion of the struggle then for some righteous cause. Not until her first campaign did she truly find her place in this world and this was at the temple of Sharess. Priestesses of Sharess came to ride with the soldiers, entertaining and pleasuring them as the war party went forward. Kansif felt the passions of these women and their Goddess, felt her soul ignite and knew that she did not need to feel shame in her struggle. So it was that when her fellow soldiers returned home, she remained with the temple of Sharess.

Character Sheet

Thank you for providing such a fun character.  Characters like these are always fun for the GM for... reasons.

What is this character's background?  This character is also entitled to an additional feat.  To add a feat, you have to go to the features section and then select "manage feats" and you can then add them that way.

What are her ons/offs?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

Oh no I didn't mean that! We definitely need a rogue. Sorry if I gave that impression. I'm neck deep in studying and hyped up on caffeine and sugar.

Pumpkin Seeds

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 20, 2024, 08:45:44 AMThank you for providing such a fun character.  Characters like these are always fun for the GM for... reasons.

What is this character's background?  This character is also entitled to an additional feat.  To add a feat, you have to go to the features section and then select "manage feats" and you can then add them that way.

What are her ons/offs?

Alright so gave her shield master, so hopefully that's a good one.

She went with Soldier for the background if that's what you mean. I was thinking she was actually taken by a Paladin after a raid on her people. She was small and a female, so they figured they might be able to recover her and perhaps even use her for fighting. They did and so she was trained as a soldier. Then she became a war priest for Tyr and then would later find her true calling with Sharess. I kind of left the history open but that's the overall theme.

I'll get her particular ons/offs into writing by today during one of my study breaks.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 20, 2024, 09:00:21 AMAlright so gave her shield master, so hopefully that's a good one.

She went with Soldier for the background if that's what you mean. I was thinking she was actually taken by a Paladin after a raid on her people. She was small and a female, so they figured they might be able to recover her and perhaps even use her for fighting. They did and so she was trained as a soldier. Then she became a war priest for Tyr and then would later find her true calling with Sharess. I kind of left the history open but that's the overall theme.

I'll get her particular ons/offs into writing by today during one of my study breaks.
It is what I meant!  Thank you.  I guess another background that might work for this character would be Acolyte, and that's not a bad background to have because it allows you to get free clerical services.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

oldedog

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 20, 2024, 08:46:16 AMOh no I didn't mean that! We definitely need a rogue. Sorry if I gave that impression. I'm neck deep in studying and hyped up on caffeine and sugar.
No worries, I didn't take it that way. Just wanted to see what the party thought was really needed.

Don't have access to some of the stuff I need on D&D beyond (mostly the character background and such) so I'll need to type it out here.

Hexed

Had some trouble with beyond myself but hopefully it was me just messing up.

Trying to put together an air genasi great old one warlock. Though since I can't really fiddle with it till after work might look into sorcerer.

Rainwood

Quote from: Hexed on February 20, 2024, 09:49:42 AMHad some trouble with beyond myself but hopefully it was me just messing up.

Trying to put together an air genasi great old one warlock. Though since I can't really fiddle with it till after work might look into sorcerer.
And there's our back-line firepower :)

PhantomPistoleer

Please let me know if you need access to DNDBeyond.  I can share content.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 20, 2024, 09:02:19 AMIt is what I meant!  Thank you.  I guess another background that might work for this character would be Acolyte, and that's not a bad background to have because it allows you to get free clerical services.
What kind of free clerical services are you wanting from a priestess of Sharess?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 20, 2024, 10:02:21 AMWhat kind of free clerical services are you wanting from a priestess of Sharess?
It's a weird benefit to the Acolyte background that's often not discussed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/gg8p6a/fun_fact_player_with_the_acolyte_background_can/

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

c0i9z

What about a harengon warlock? Maybe of Erinyes, spreading the pleasure of corruption and the corruption of pleasure.

indarkestknight

Had a character idea bouncing around in my head for the past couple weeks, figured I'd pitch it to see if PP felt it would be a good enough fit for the game for me to do a full write up.

Main thrust of it would be an orc "prince" of the fallen Kingdom of Many Arrows, descended from the legendary King Obould. In the wake of the collapse of Many Arrows, Bashtar, or just "Bash" for short, swore to seek out the power to restore the lost kingdom and avenge the lost kingdom by smiting its enemies. 

Tempted by the whispers of a magical bloodthirsty blade, he entered into a dark pact, though since becoming a warlock, he has started to lose time. He suspects that during these blanks in his memory, the blade, which craves above all to be wielded by the strongest, may be using his body without his knowledge, but he cannot bring himself to cast aside the power granted by the blade...

Basically, orcish hexblade warlock, maybe hexblade/paladin? Sword is heavily inspired by Elric of Melnibone's Stormbringer and Khazid'hea from the Drizzt novels (could even be Khazid'hea!). Obould's original greatsword was a flaming greatsword, so would probably be out of reach as a starting weapon.

As Obould has been mentioned in the Spellplague edition as an exarch, and a number of lesser and demigods were listed as exarchs in said Spellplague edition, Bash's god as a paladin would be Obould.

If it isn't a good fit, I can always go back to the drawing board, see if I can cook up something that's a better fit.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: c0i9z on February 20, 2024, 11:26:03 AM
What about a harengon warlock? Maybe of Erinyes, spreading the pleasure of corruption and the corruption of pleasure.
I don't mind a harengon warlock.

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 20, 2024, 11:32:26 AM
Had a character idea bouncing around in my head for the past couple weeks, figured I'd pitch it to see if PP felt it would be a good enough fit for the game for me to do a full write up.

Main thrust of it would be an orc "prince" of the fallen Kingdom of Many Arrows, descended from the legendary King Obould. In the wake of the collapse of Many Arrows, Bashtar, or just "Bash" for short, swore to seek out the power to restore the lost kingdom and avenge the lost kingdom by smiting its enemies.

Tempted by the whispers of a magical bloodthirsty blade, he entered into a dark pact, though since becoming a warlock, he has started to lose time. He suspects that during these blanks in his memory, the blade, which craves above all to be wielded by the strongest, may be using his body without his knowledge, but he cannot bring himself to cast aside the power granted by the blade...

Basically, orcish hexblade warlock, maybe hexblade/paladin? Sword is heavily inspired by Elric of Melnibone's Stormbringer and Khazid'hea from the Drizzt novels (could even be Khazid'hea!). Obould's original greatsword was a flaming greatsword, so would probably be out of reach as a starting weapon.

As Obould has been mentioned in the Spellplague edition as an exarch, and a number of lesser and demigods were listed as exarchs in said Spellplague edition, Bash's god as a paladin would be Obould.

If it isn't a good fit, I can always go back to the drawing board, see if I can cook up something that's a better fit.
I don't mind the backstory.  But you do bring up an important point.

I only have five spots available for this game and it has generated a lot of interest.  So, when you make your characters, realize that it is at the peril of not being chosen.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

c0i9z

Alright, can you roll me some stats, then, please?