Guess It Couldn't Hurt

Started by Original Content, June 29, 2010, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Original Content

Well, seeing as I'm not all that concerned with sexual roleplays, I'm a bit glad that I was initially directed to the non-adult roleplay forum. Romance is often nice, but I'm not in the mood for anything adult, nor am I allowed as I am still awaiting approval. <3

One of my more favorite roleplay ideas I've been toying with lately has been I've recently thought up. Whether it is medieval or not is truly up to the two of us collaborating. I'm leaving it open for any time period, though when you read over the idea it would make more sense to be in a less advanced age, but, hey! Who knows?

----------------
The land has been in disorder for generations. No one that has stood up to rule has lasted past a decade, and even their reign was weak and almost unnoticed. The people are restless and sick of a lack of safety and communication between the villages, clans, and other such people. Routes are weak, there are dangers along the road, and there is no common coin. Wealth in one town may lead to you to poverty in the next.

What is the problem? A common quest many attempt and all fail. A great fortress was lost long ago to forces long since forgotten. Whosoever should claim this fortress back from whatever-- or whoever has its hold on it may be named the Emperor or Empress and other such important titles.
-------------

It's a bit epic for a one on one sort of roleplay, but I actually find it easier for me to play with one other person and the option of playing multiple characters. Group roleplays would be frustrating with me because my time on the computer is questionable. I wouldn't want to hold up anyone on my responses and I don't want to become impatient with anyone either. If anyone is willing to traveling a world with me, creating history, and playing multiple characters this is all for you. It's likely I've have a lot more, but for now I just want to explore an epic roleplay. Plenty of opportunity for romance.
User Discretion advised: F-list Profiles

Wyrd

That sounds like a vary interesting role play. I'd like to be apart of this. though I'd like to know a little more of the lore, The peoples and  a name for this land where this would take place. Other then that I can't wait RP with you :-)
Ragtime Dandies!

Original Content

I've actually fallen in love with the idea myself. The lore and history of the land is somewhat dependent on what sort of character you want to play. And myself. I'm very flexible. Usually, I like to be some sort of magic user, shape shifter, or mild magic wielding warrior. What little bit I have found out about myself is that the people is, at this point, very in tuned with the world they live in purely on the fact they have no other choice. Based on the fact that no one can truly rule the land unless they recover something lost mentions that they are very prideful and it could be purely superstition that prevents them from following an established monarchy. For all the people know the adventurer,s that seek to reclaim the fortress, find candy on the other side of the rainbow and think cavities are better than monarchies.

Personally, I have a hard time pre-planning too much these days because I get too excited and don't start the roleplay. I should ask, what do you see yourself getting out of it? I imagined that both parties [rolepalyers] will assume their own portion of history and intertwine them into, making a history and lore of the land together. If that doesn't work, we can still work things out. 8D

Didriel

Oooohhh. I like this. I'd love to do some sort of nomadic tribe.
And I think the everyone making up a bit of history makes a lot of sense, especially with the low communication between regions. (:

Original Content

I am very willing to do this short idea several different ways with different people. It sounds a bit rude to only request one x one, but it's still about the fact that groups get confusing when one person isn't responding. Especially, the creator of the thread and idea.

Didriel

Original Content

Well Didriel would you like to get this show on the roll, or is there any reason you would rather not?

My only obstructions are what type of character [species and gender, if you will] and we will mesh this together. I can imagine we could either be apart of the same group, or meet up as two separate groups. Groups can either stick it out or something can happen between the two groups [i.e. battle, ambush from horrible creature, etc.] that would cause them to flee together with a much small pack. When do they take to mind to claiming the fortress... well I really don't know, to be honest.

Original Content

I guess that idea didn't go over very well. So how about a classic roleplay? Whoever starts first and you just flow from there. It can end up in any direction. Been a long time since I did that.