News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: The Masquerade *game in creation*

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepingferret

The above is probably the best idea, pdf scans of books even in black and white and file size reduced by a person like a graphic artist friend of mine who knows his way around Adobe stuff; the file sizes are going to be rather large for people with limited bandwidth.

Edit: But I can probably find pdf scans of the books if really needed, might take a while (or take a while to scan mine)... of all the things to kill a hard drive...a corrupted file wiped out my external drive's partition table while I was trying to help a friend transfer some files to a new computer.

Elven Sex Goddess

Thanks Rubyslippers and Sleepingferret for help with Adan request. 

Liliana

I'm definitely interested in joining this, in fact an oWoD game was something I was hoping to find when joining Elliquiy. I've been playing the system over a decade now on IRC and IRL so I know it fairly well. I could use one of my old characters, probably not the Tremere ex Primogen of New Orleans (she was Primogen until she accidentally got tossed 80 years into the future), but maybe my unusual Gangrel would work. In fact she may be an interesting though very unusual choice for Harpy. Keeper of Elysium would also be a possibility, but I'm happy with just playing her as a normal character as well. This would be my first RP here and some of the first forum based I've done so if no one minds that I'm game.

Also, I thought since some one ask I'd share this link, it has most everything you need to play Vampire

http://www.mirroruniverse.com/arcane/links.html

RubySlippers

I was thinking do we want to play all the other factions in the game the Sabbat would be better enemies run by the ST, and we could lump the Anarchs and Independents into one group to keep this simple. Just an idea.

Aragem

It's up to the Storyteller, it'll be a lot of keep up with. 

As I said, I'm studying up.  Especially on things that refer to my characters so I am well prepared.  And I'll do whatever I can to get this game running smoothly.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 21, 2009, 05:01:50 PM
I was thinking do we want to play all the other factions in the game the Sabbat would be better enemies run by the ST, and we could lump the Anarchs and Independents into one group to keep this simple. Just an idea.

Agree with the Indies and anarchs.    Right now Sabbath is closed as pc and sole province of ST.  As well as the occassion other supernatural type that may show up.  An indies are limited,   as the emphasis is to get  the cam off the ground. 

Quote from: Liliana on January 21, 2009, 04:32:13 PM
I'm definitely interested in joining this, in fact an oWoD game was something I was hoping to find when joining Elliquiy. I've been playing the system over a decade now on IRC and IRL so I know it fairly well. I could use one of my old characters, probably not the Tremere ex Primogen of New Orleans (she was Primogen until she accidentally got tossed 80 years into the future), but maybe my unusual Gangrel would work. In fact she may be an interesting though very unusual choice for Harpy. Keeper of Elysium would also be a possibility, but I'm happy with just playing her as a normal character as well. This would be my first RP here and some of the first forum based I've done so if no one minds that I'm game.

Also, I thought since some one ask I'd share this link, it has most everything you need to play Vampire

http://www.mirroruniverse.com/arcane/links.html

Welcome  :)

RubySlippers

Well as I see it for me I will have my active Ancilla, my Elder who is going to be a handful for the Prince and the rest of you as a NPC/Semi-PC and a Nosferatu I will bring out when I just want to have fun disgusting everyone silly. She is going to be occassionally active unless she is sought out. Go into her section of sewer at your peril however her Scaly Friend is rather protective unless she handles him. He doesn't mind eating vampires. They taste kind of like chicken.
;)

I plan a Setite Ancilla though later on following the Path of Ecstacy, after what fun is being among the so-called Damned if one can't have REAL fun.
;D

Aragem

A few questions:

Can the vampires of WoD have sex?  Though it isn't as enjoyable as drinking blood?  They aren't like Anne Rice vampires where it is all in the bite.

If not, since this is an E game, will we tweak it to allow them to have sex?

I honestly don't care, but I was curious all the same.

RubySlippers

Well they can feel pain so I would guess they could enjoy sexual things and there is the Merit most of us have in the game Eat Food/Enjoy Sex so just buy that I think its 1 Pt. At least I assumed so.

My Nos didn't take it but who the hell would want to fuck her anyway?  :D

Liliana

Once you go Nosferatu you never go back ;)

As for normal sex, a rule I've always heard, for males at least, is that they have to spend a blood point to "get it up" so to speak, directing their blood consciously to flow there. Some have said females spend a point too but I've never come up with a good reason for it, so I never had my Sabbat vampire that is sexually active bother. (she likes to "reward" her ghoul)

RubySlippers

Or you can buy that merit and go to town with Baby Face. But as far as I can tell any vampire on a path usually doesn't bother much in the regular rules but we are a bunch of pervs here.
:-*

Vandren

That's something addressed in the Ghouls book.  The implication there is that, regardless of whether Vamps can or cannot engage in sexual activity, they lack the hormonal drive.  Ghouls, on the other hand, have majorly enhanced hormones.  But, something like the modified "Eat Food" merit could cancel that out for Vamps.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

RubySlippers

Yes but can it be enjoyable they may not orgasm per se if a vampire but it could feel good, like being on a stainy bed or a nice session of massage - they can feel pain I assume so pleasure should be possible.

Vandren

Here we go, the "official" word (Ghouls: The Fatal Addiction, p. 65):

"Unfortunately, though vampires may be sensual creatures, they are far from being sexual creatures, and ghouls want more than quick kisses or emotionless romps in the coffin [. . .] Vampires, no longer understanding sexuality but abstractly realizing its usefulness as a carrot/stick, often use sex as a motivator [. . .] Although vampires don't enjoy intercourse, many find that beating and whipping their ghouls into shape is an excellent catharsis for the Beast, and sexually submissive ghouls experience the orgasms of their lives when their domitors "punish" them for pleasure."  (emphasis mine)

Usually, for games of an adult nature, it's best to just throw this passage out, or get around it with Baby Face/Eat Food.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

RubySlippers

I say toss out the fucking official rule and add Eat Food/Have sex or one can channel vitae. I take it Baby Face helps since the vampire body is "naturally" warmer than a corpse even if still cool.

Elven Sex Goddess

Hmmm, Selene seem to have no problem getting aroused and wet in Underworld Evolution.   Since this is a adult game, I will concur. 

To be able to orgasms the following merits will be needed:

* Baby face 

* Vitae fertility Chronicle Merit of San Antonio cost 4 pts male 2 pts female.  This merit taken with Baby Face merit.   In which the kindred vitae mimics to  such a degree.  Male kindred can impregnant mortals and female kindred of likewise.  While the female kindred can indeed become pregnant. This is not something that is turned on and off.  It is always on, so inherent dangers.  Especially since birth controls male or female do not work.  Of course you can be aroused, now.  This also has another connotation to game aesthetics.   Male or female now able to feel the mortal emotions of lust and arousal.  Which goes along with the hunger of blood.  A -2 is placed upon resists to seduction rolls against.   

Upon complication of a pregnancy as result of kindred in which inseminated or now is impregnated.  Especially in terms of the female.   One additional blood expenditure a night shall commence during the pregnancy. 

*Eat food  If this merit has been purchased by the female kindred.  The the complication of one additional blood a night.  Will be reduced to one addition blood every three days. 

The cost discrepancy for vitae fertility for male to female.  Is to counter, the inherent negatives for the female.   For if she does become pregnant.   A penalty of blood cost is assessed.    Where the male just walks away.    Plus to offset the cost of such blood expenditure.  The female can/have taken eat food merit.   Where such a feat for the male is not required. 

Alright folks what do you think?

RubySlippers

What if you are not fertile and female, my character just like getting funky with women - principle food source. Orgasm is kind of secondary in fact if it feels good in other ways that would be nice I take it that should be easier.

And what about 15th Generation Kindred they already can make babies and all?

Elven Sex Goddess

And they shall, through they do not need the merits.     I see it as a way for higher gens to be able to.  But do not want it abused.  If you want a character to feel.   It comes with all the traits described.    But then if your not into men.  That why should one worry.  That is unless you get caught.  :)   

RubySlippers

Your system has two huge problems vampires unless they are 15th Generation should not have babies. And more importantly the costs for that new merit which has little game value at all is utterly insanely high. You do know what merits fall in the 5 pt. range Jack of All Trades, a Boon so high the prince will grovel at your feet for holding it  if you add but 1 Merit Point, over their heads and almost enough for True Faith. As in really majorly advantageous merits.

I would keep this simple if you want erotic vampires they would need Baby Face 2 pts., Eat Food/Have Sex 1 pt. and burn a blood point to get the good feelings for a scene. Simple and reaonably priced with a small in-game cost.

Aragem

Gonna blow my mind with these merits!!!!   ;)

LOL, just kidding.

RubySlippers

Just a notice I'm dropping my Brujah Elder and Nosferatu, and utterly redesigning my Caitiff from the ground up.

Aragem

The Nosferatu "artist" with the bed gator?  Why?  I thought she was interesting.

RubySlippers

I have her stored away in a file, I feel one character for now is enough thats all.

sleepingferret

"Here's the records you requested.  But I don't think you're prepared for this Roberts."

"The son of bitch killed my brother and could have taken my sister, just give me the damn file."

Historical Record
Name: Lance VanZant
Born: February 13, 1708
Embraced: Exact Date not on File; Estimated in the early 1740s
Sire: Not on file

Not much is known of his mortal life, except that his family was the owner of successful wineries, breweries, and silk importing businesses.  The family businesses have evolved, changed, and expanded into several different interests in present day but they still exist.

Lance has seen three centuries of events pass by, from the formation of powers in Europe, the American Revolution, the American Civil War, both World Wars, to present day conflicts.  Interesting enough for someone born in the early 18th century, especially into an upper class society...he seems to have developed an affinity and interest over the years for evolving technology.  Particularly the evolution of the firearm...which is an curious note for a vampire.  While we have observed that the vampires have adopted to evolving ways, they seem to do so slowly and usually with resistance.  Lance on the other hand, seems to "keep up" with the times.

While we have no inside information on vampire society, it would seem that by best observations that over the years like his mortal family once did, he has risen to some sort of power.  While he spent most of the 19th century in the United States, he moved back to Europe and was found to have been in Italy for the better part of the 20th century.  It was only towards the later part of the 20th century that he was spotted in Los Angelos, California.  And now, there are unconfirmed rumors that he is in San Antonio.

Confirmed Hunters KIA
Nicole Anderson - February 6, 1930
Yavin Mihailov - December 15, 1998
Nick Roberts - July 27, 2000

These are the only ones we can confirm, with over three centuries of existence and his reputation there is bound to be more.  However, since the invention of the M1911 Colt pistol, Lance has rarely been seen without one.   The three confirmed kills were by M1911s or competitor models with similar ballistic characteristics.

--- End of File ---

"That's all we have?"

"That's it Sam, I know it isn't much...but I still say you shouldn't do this.  It was 8 years ago, and since then the Agency has had a strict policy about trying to go after this guy.  Nick was one of the best, I don't have to remind you of that."

Sam sighs, "I'm not going to loose my little sister.  Nick was my big brother and he believed in his cause.  I could have just grabbed his stuff I found at the house, but instead I called and am asking for your help."

--- Kindred Profile ---
Lance VanZant
Nature: Rogue
Demeanor: Competitor
Generation: 6th
Clan: Tremere

Humanity 6
Willpower 10
Blood Pool 30/30
BP Per Turn 6

--- Attributes ---

Strength - 3
Dexterity - 6
Stamina - 5

Perception - 3
Intelligence - 4
Wits - 3

Charisma - 2
Manipulation - 3
Appearance - 3

--- Abilities ---

Talents
Alertness - 3
Athletics - 2
Brawl - 3
Dodge - 3
Intimidate - 3
Leadership - 3
Streetwise - 3

Skills
Drive 2
Etiquette 3
Firearms 5

Knowledges
Academics 2
Computer 2
Finance 3
Occult 4
Politics 2

---Disciplines---
Auspex 2
Dominate 1
Thaumaturgy 7
- The Lure of Flames (primary path) 5
- The Path of Conjuring 3
Fortitude 1
Celerity 1

---Thaumaturgy Rituals---
Lvl 1
Defense of the Sacred Haven
Deflection of Wooden Doom
Devil's Touch
Rite of Introduction
Lvl 2
Blood Walk
Mourning Life Curse
Ward Versus Ghouls
Lvl 3
Noncorporeal Passage
Ward Versus Lupines
Lvl 4
Binding the Beast
Ward Versus Kindred
Lvl 5
Escape to a True Friend
Lvl 6
Ritual of Holding

---Virtues---
Self-Control 4
Conscience 2
Courage 5

---Background---
Age 2
Generation 5
Status (Camarilla) 4
Resources 7
Contacts 2
Retainers 1 (a mortal, well paid, well treated; the day time "CEO" of Lance's legal business interests)

---Merits/Flaws---
Prey Exclusion (1pt flaw) - children and elderly
Hunted (4pt flaw) - hey what can I say, I killed his brother and oops, are those fang marks on his sister's neck...but damn was she hot

Ambidexterity (1pt)
Acute Vision (1pt)
Corporation CEO (5pt)
Baby Face (2pt)
Vitae Fertility(4pt)
Eat Food(1pt)

---Freebies (20-9+55=70)---
Merits/Flaws -9
Age +55
Attributes: Dex 5
Abilities: Firearms 4, Occult 2
Disciplines: Fortitude 7, Celerity 7, Paths 7
Backgrounds: Resources 3, Contacts 2, Retainers 1

Humanity 20
Willpower 6
Courage 2

---Carried Equipment---
Customized Springfield Armory M1911A1 pistols (2)
6 spare magazines .45 ACP (3 silver, 3 AP incendiary)

Lance has permits for the M1911s well at least one pair; not all of his spares have registered permits.  He also conceal and carry permits for several states, although he carries regardless of state law.

---Other Notes---

As a multi-millionaire and owner of a corporation with its hands in everything from simple luggage manufacturing to weapons development he has access to anything within reason and somethings many would consider "out of reach".  His less than or completely illegal dealings not tied to his corporations..at least not by any paper trails also allow him access to both information and material things beyond the normal.

---Background Information the Tremere possess (as well as some notable/knowledgeable Camarilla Elders)---

Lance's sire was a rather rebellious, often moody, dangerous, yet still in her own way loyal to both the clan and the Camarilla.  Sarah Patterson, a fiery haired temptress some say, others say she was as wicked and scornful as the destruction she was capable of leaving in her wake.  On that fateful night for Lance, Sarah had been spending several weeks, just watching him....as she had been seeking a companion to spend eternity with, or so the stories say.  What followed that fated night of the Embrace, was several decades of an inseparable and unstoppable pair that could if they so desired by the end of their time together burn entire cities to the ground if they wanted.  They of course never did, but that isn't to say they didn't leave a trail of destruction behind.  However, most of it was at the request of orders passed down from the Seven or the Prince of whatever city they happened to be in at the time....most of it.  Some of it however, was their own doing...however necessary or not.

That was nearly two hundred something years ago though, and the world has changed.  As has Lance...well to some degree anyways.  He still has a bit of a rebellious air about him, but it seems more in control than Sarah's ever was; perhaps it's because of his mortal life to which he still has ties too and still uses to his advantage.  Or perhaps it's because Lance is just different in nature than Sarah...he's more cold and calculating, than outright wild.

As for Sarah, rumor has it shortly after the pair split up to avoid being caught by hunters around the turn of the 19th century, she slipped into torpor somewhere in Eastern Europe.  Lance of course has mostly been in the United States, since being Embraced...except for the 20th century where we can only guess he was searching or investigating rumors of Sarah.

Cuffs

Thanks indeed for the help, guys!  I'll be working on a char this weekend.  I've noticed several people mentioning Torie's, so if I have to make something different, I will, but this is a char I've had on paper, never go to actually play him, and I think he could be spifftacular.  I'll draw up the Nos, too, but I may only play one until he's really established...we'll see.  Thanks again!
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)