Magic: The Rousing (Need 1 new player)

Started by AribethAmkiir, January 14, 2014, 04:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

I would be interested in playing something of a Grimm character that is unaware of his abilities, if that is acceptable...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Frank Reshman on March 10, 2014, 10:44:54 PM
What happened to the original 5 characters?  I'm not sure if this is even relevant, but I'm a bit curious.  I'll be PMing you my character sheet as soon as one gets created, because I'm interested in this world you've created.

Also, what kind of magic are we talking about?  Is it the Harry Potter kind of magic?  Is it the Lord of the Rings magic?  Is it the Dungeons and Dragons kind of magic?

I received a character application that I accepted. 

Magic, in this world, is more like Dresden Files or Charmed.  It can be just as powerful as what you can find in Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, but more subtle.

Quote from: Luna on March 10, 2014, 10:50:49 PM
This does look interesting. A little intimidating, but very interesting nonetheless. Are you still accepting applications?

Yes, I'm still accepting applications.  Looking for 4 new players/characters.

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 10, 2014, 10:57:15 PM
I would be interested in playing something of a Grimm character that is unaware of his abilities, if that is acceptable...

All player characters are human and unaware of their abilities.

Deamonbane

You said that there would be Grimm elements... touching on that, maybe a human that can see through the masks of people's magic and see them for what they are... as a youth he realized this but when people said that he was crazy he layered it over and now ignores it? Would that be acceptable?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 10, 2014, 11:14:13 PM
You said that there would be Grimm elements... touching on that, maybe a human that can see through the masks of people's magic and see them for what they are... as a youth he realized this but when people said that he was crazy he layered it over and now ignores it? Would that be acceptable?

When I said Grimm elements, I was more referring to the types of creatures and things that exist in a seemingly regular world where the majority of the population are not aware that magic exists.

We'd have to tweak your idea a little but something like that would be acceptable.  It wouldn't be an extra innate ability but more along the lines of how his innate magical ability was manifesting at the time.  Him actually realizing that he was seeing things that were actually there goes  step too far.  However, if you wanted him to see things - "through the masks of people's magic" - and have his psychologist and parents convince him that what he was seeing were delusions or hallucinations and put him on anti-psychotic meds or something along those lines, that would be acceptable.  As long as the character believes that what he saw earlier in his life wasn't real.

Deamonbane

*nods* That was what I meant to say... he knows that he saw them, but he is also convinced, through his parents and psychiatrist that it was delusions and hallucinations... I like the extra benefit of that as it makes him afraid of developing his magical powers later on, as he would be convinced that he is going crazy...

AribethAmkiir

Sounds like a great beginning to an interesting character.  I'm looking forward to seeing the character sheet.   ;D

Deamonbane

Okay, so um.... do I send you the CS via PM?

mayovagn

*Sneaks up and gooses Baney, vanishes in a puff of unsmoke*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

AribethAmkiir

Deamonbane

*gets goosed* Gah!

Sent *smiles* Let me know if there is anything in need of changing.

Blinkin

I'm not the GM, but my own impression is that it's more along Harry Dresdin or Merry Gentry types of magic. No shouted words and wand waving or long, intricate spells and rituals that demands you move your hand in exacting, precise foot movements and such. Although, I'm sure that if you want to use a wand as a focus, or a staff, sword, whatever in casting, that works... but it's a bit obvious when you're trying to be subtle.

As far as I know, one player left E, and the others have just stopped posting for a couple of weeks.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Frank Reshman on March 10, 2014, 10:44:54 PM
What happened to the original 5 characters?  I'm not sure if this is even relevant, but I'm a bit curious.  I'll be PMing you my character sheet as soon as one gets created, because I'm interested in this world you've created.
Quote from: Blinkin on March 11, 2014, 05:38:52 AM
As far as I know, one player left E, and the others have just stopped posting for a couple of weeks.

1 person told me she was leaving, 1 person left E, 1 person just stopped posting/responding, and 2 people are still active with the game but I'm worried their RL is getting in the way. 

mayovagn

Woo hoo! So we have a Baney now to taunt!

Also, despite the involvement of that strange and wonky liege mayovagn, whom we all know is a right poseur when it comes to the delicate and ancient art of writing, this project would seem to have real chops.

I would recommend anyone of real substance have a look at it, give it a thorough study and submit a paper on the topic for peer review by a group of like minded scientists and technicians.

Also, the third caller after six PM will win a noprize and three whole internets!
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Jemady Angel

Sits next to Aribeth and watches the proceedings.

How much does it cost to take one of her home.

Smiles at May.

I mean, we need more amazing recruits with as much energy as May has. :)
<---- O/o

Blinkin

Brings his insubstancial self in and offers everyone in the balcony popcorn.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

AribethAmkiir

Still looking for 2 more people.

If you're interested but are having trouble coming up with a concept or feel like you need more information, PM me and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Ontan

Consider this an expression of interest ;) I’ll try to get a character sheet done soon(ish).

AribethAmkiir

looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Jemady Angel

I cant wait to see what new characters pop up in our game! :)
<---- O/o

Ontan

Quick question before I get started – can the character be a (very) minor celebrity, or do they need a degree of anonymity? I had something in mind, but it was just for the sake of humour and isn’t crucial to the character concept.

AribethAmkiir

What were you thinking about?  Anonymity is good, but even a very minor celebrity could have anonymity. 

Ontan

I was going to give the character a dubious, one-hit-wonder musical career. It was only intended as a background quirk rather than a central facet to the character, so I’m happy to ditch it if it’s problematic.

AribethAmkiir

It is potentially problematic, but I won't know until I see what you have in mind. 

My suggestion is to write it up and we can discuss it after it is presented.

AribethAmkiir

Down to 1 spot left. 

If you're working on a character, try to get it in sooner than later.

Ontan

I’m still eager to join, but due to real life pressures it could be a few days until I settle down and get a character sheet done. If someone fills the last spot before then, I’ll content myself with being a spectator ;)