The Portal Between Worlds; A Pathfinder Adventure.

Started by Blinkin, April 15, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metro Mech

Quote from: Blinkin on April 21, 2014, 10:39:46 AM
Hi Gang.

Because Plothook and Mythweavers is giving me a major headache with figuring out skills, I am asking everyone to send me a list of the Character skills and the numbers for them. There's been some questions about points spent and I'm concerned that the sites are misleading me on my counts.

Thanks,
I have a question... how much starting gold do we get?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Blinkin

10,500 GP, no more than 1/2 on any single item. You get a Handy Haversack free, don't forget that. I'm a generous GM.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Metro Mech

Quote from: Blinkin on April 21, 2014, 10:47:40 AM
10,500 GP, no more than 1/2 on any single item. You get a Handy Haversack free, don't forget that. I'm a generous GM.

Wow... ummm that is a lot of money... I will have to get back to you on my character sheet for the character
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Muse

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 21, 2014, 10:53:05 AM
Wow... ummm that is a lot of money... I will have to get back to you on my character sheet for the character

Here's a hint.  Buy magic items! 

PM me if you want some suggestions. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ebb

Quote from: Muse on April 21, 2014, 10:55:22 AM
Here's a hint.  Buy magic items! 

PM me if you want some suggestions.

Yes, the money goes pretty quickly once you start spending. 10,500, btw, is the standard from the Pathfinder rules for 5th level PCs. So Blinkin is being generous with the free Haversack, but otherwise it's not like this is wildly profligate.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

schnookums

Gonna try and finish everything tonight, but as far as class goes I think I'm going to go with a Human Druid. I've got an excellent idea for her and the student half.

schnookums

And by tonight I mean "Tuesday night". Stupid job training.

Melange

Quote from: Muse on April 21, 2014, 08:10:39 AM
*Smiles*  I'm glad you like, Melange. 

Um...  I could explain why I did her that way, but I'm not sure if i should do it in here.

Y'know, earlier today I realized why Elspeth is the way she is. At least, I think I know. If I'm right, her last name wasn't chosen by accident, and has something in common with a certain author. :-)

Quote from: Blinkin on April 20, 2014, 05:20:15 AM
Just don't become a mentat on me and start muttering about spice, lips and speeding the mind. ;)

I'll leave that to the person on E who happens to be named after a mentat. ;) I'm more likely to mutter something like "I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer..."

Muse

*laughs* 

She has something in common with several authors., but I don't think Brandon Sanderson is one of them. 

I was actually thinking more or Tracy Hickman and Orson Scott Card. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Callie Del Noire

I used several authors for my character's name.

Teo Torriatte

I had no idea this was being done again! Is it too late for me to join?

Metro Mech

Alright I am done for the time being so when do you want my sheet?
Behold my O/O

Ebb

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 23, 2014, 01:57:26 PM
Alright I am done for the time being so when do you want my sheet?

I believe that Blinkin has asked for prospective players to PM him their character sheets. For the mechanics part of it, I'm sure it would make it easier on him if you used the rough format that he posted earlier:

character sheet

Name:                Player:
Race:                Sex:
Class:                 Favored Class: 
Level:              EXP:
Alignment:             Next Level: 
Measurements:          Weight:

Ability Scores:
STR:    (+) Carry: L: , M: , H:
DEX:    (+)
CON:    (+)
INT:    (+)
WIS:    +)
CHA:    (+)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +         HP: /
Reflex: +         Init: +
Will: +         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+/+            AC: 10
TAB: +/            AC (Flatfooted): 10
Ranged: +            AC (Touch):10
CMB:+            CMD:
AC(Special):

Class Skills
Total   Skill (Ability) (CS+Abil+Mod+SP)
   Climb (STR) ()
   Craft; Bows (INT) ()
   Handle Animal (CHA) ()
   Heal (WIS) ()
   Knowledge; Dungeoneering (INT) ()
   Knowledge; Geography (INT) ()
   Knowledge; Nature (INT) ()
   Perception (WIS) ()
   Profession; Hunter (WIS) ()
   Ride (DEX) ()
   Spellcraft (INT) ()
   Stealth (DEX) ()
   Survival (WIS) ()
   Swim (STR) ()

Languages: Common,

Feats/Racial Traits: (RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

Traits/racial traits:

Spells:  1st,  2nd
Current:
1st:   
2nd:   

Coin:
PP:
GP:
SP:
CP:

Equipment:
Weapon
Dam:      Crit:      Wgt:   Rng:   Cost
Armor:
AC:   Skill Pen:   Spell Fail:   Wgt:   Cost:

Other Items:
Item:         Weight:   Cost:   Notes:

DisciplinedPleasures

As Blinkin knows, I sadly had to withdraw my application for this game. However, I would like to see how everything pans out, so... when the game begins, could you let me know in this thread, so I can read the threads?

Blinkin

Luna, it's not too late, but you better light a fire. I've given an extension to tomorrow night, so you have until then. I'll pick the winners then.

Godrick: As Mr. Checkov once said, "Scotty, now would be a good time!"

Disciplined Pleasure: I'll post the IC thread here for anyone who wants to follow. I am keeping all character submissions in the event that someone disappears, but I haven't figured out how to replace characters as of yet.

General Chaos: I WIL be making both an IC and OOC post Friday morning and an opening post. The OOC thread will be sent to everyone accepted, as will the IC post via PM. I'll also post the IC thread here, but if you get an email saying that you have been turned down, it is not for a lack of creativity nor effort. Every character that I have seen to date have been outstanding... which makes the selection process very difficult. This is also why I've given an extension to give myself more time to look over sheets again and make that hard decision.

Thank all of you for your interest and I hope that this will be a great game that will last the duration!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Blinkin

I think that it's a character sheet of some kind... What do you think Indy?

I don't know, it looks more like a rock Brody, Maybe we need to find a nazi and make sure that it's not some diabolical scheme to get some artifact through customs by looking like a charactersheet.

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Let's see... 

So I've got my current draft in my drop box... 

Means i have to crack open my lap top, save my work, and then I can reopen ti here... 

*Scrambles* 

Oh, are there any decent acid based attack spell?  It would make so much sense to be half copper... 

Blinkin

Well, the decision has been made and everyone notified.

So, while some OOC things need to be worked out, anyone who wants to follow along in the story can find it here:

IC Thread
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.