Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

Is there opening for this?

Phaia

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Still tons of openings. Probably gonna get the OOC up this weekend and possibly start. Since there won't be a super tight plot everyone needs to follow, it'll still stay open for people to join once it starts too.

Kathyan

Couldn't make up my mind on any monster, Illithid might be to complicated to adapt and there wont be psionics so I think I'll just stay with my mesmerist half orc. ^^

Tydorei

Chulanowa

Still cooking ideas in my head. level 10 has so many options! One is usign the monster as PC guidelines to run a scary little killer pixie. Either that, or maybe go with a gunslinger, some sort of "bruiser" type assassin, or a cleric / warpriest of nethys to keep the rest of you alive and mess up spellcaster targets  ;D

Snake

Ok I've got two builds.

One is a Skinwalker archer

another is a magus tiefling

MingMing

I'm waiting for some feedback from the GM, but my proposed character is a martial-arts bard, human.  Definitely emphasizing the court and intrigue angles.  So probably less street oriented, and more flittering around 'the beautiful people'.

The image I have envisioned is someone professionally known as the 'messenger' that gets sent when a statement needs to be made, where weapons are hard or impossible to smuggle in, someone who sort of rides the etiquette of a herald/bard being unable to be turned away, but where powerful people might feel safest.  Then quietly, the message is given, the statement is made, and the scene quietly left in a serene poetic state. 

Mechanically, I'm looking at providing strong unarmed martial abilities, heavy enchantment with an emphasis on shaken/fear synergy, and of course heavy social/lore abilities and combat support for the team as well.
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my char and the sheet, had quite few items crafted by myself but nothing overly broken stuff :P.

My char
Baltharius (or just Balt for friends) was abandoned to city orphanage thanks his strong tiefling traits since birth. He grew in orphanage under headmistress who disliked Balt just for being who he was; a tiefling bastard. On age of eight he ran off into streets and then lived in streets, stealing and scavenging to survive. He learned how break simple locks to break into houses to find food or valuables, he broke into a alchemist's lab.

However he was fascinated by all vials and chemicals in there....so he experimented with them until accidentally he created a loud explosion which woke up aged old alchemist check downstairs what's going on his lab. Balt was dazed from the blast and so was caught, but the old alchemist was symphatic for Balt and promised him food if he works as assistant and first task being clean the lab. Balt did as told and started live by the old alchemist, learning his craft and arts and learning about science of alchemy. He fell in love to all explosions and various destruction forms what pure alchemy can do, however he never quite learned alchemist's art while his natural talent for arcane was discovered by through exposure to chemicals which react only in presence of spellcasters.

So old alchemist send him to a colleaque to learn arcane arts and Balt embraced his arcane studies.....only as means to create grander explosions and destruction! The old alchemist (who had become sort father figure to Balt) worked for some nobles and suddenly he was found murdered on his own house. Balt discovered what noble families were behind the entire affair....so he burned the families and their estates down with blaze of revenge! Balt continued arson entire noble district in the city and was caught in the act and he ran and hid in sewers....and there while in his sewer lair he was contacted by Cloister of Swords who were impressed with his knowlegde and talent with magic and overall causing destruction and mass murders.

Since then Balt had worked in the assassin guild and worked up the ranks, albeit he is not most subtle type of killers they have but his skills in arcane are unmatched from other agents and he is quite well capable countering most magical security to get to his target and is skilled in magical deceptions and countering magical divinations trying locate him or fellow guild members. But thanks his infamous deed he does not go out much, without wearing magical disguise or two.

Callie Del Noire

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier

MingMing

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 13, 2017, 08:01:54 AM
Damn, wish I had seen this earlier

Am pretty sure our GM's still open?  Why not post your idea?

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

National Acrobat

I'm interested, and will work on an actual assassin classed character. Likely an Urban Ranger/Assassin. Sheet/Idea will be posted either today or tomorrow.

Callie Del Noire

Thinking Enchanter or Transmiter/Enchanting Courtesan

A 'Face' for the assassind, maybe like 'Management' in the John Wick series

Snake

I was going to do a female tiefling that just goes in and offs people with huge shocking grasp attacks XD

I was thinking she's a former sex slave that straight up murderated the people that were doing it and after that, began to freelance when she was picked up by the choir

Zaer Darkwail

So, a tiefling sorceress then (able spam shocking grasp spell that is and slave owners cannot prevent slave's sorcerous powers awakening up).

Snake

Magus is a Int-based caster. I don't really like how the Cha-based version of it works with the "Mystic trance" thing to use any of the bloodline powers. If the GM would waive that I'd seriously consider it.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, tiefling magus. With Eldricth Scion the point is that you got bloodrager bloodlines instead standard sorcerer bloodlines. The bloodrager bloodlines fit very well for magus, example infernal bloodrager bloodline gives your weapon flaming/flaming burst, so you need spend point from arcane pool to activate and use it. The other passive features (which ask no bloodraging) are granted to you given magus levels (like fiend of the pit or infernal resistance). Plus spells known in given levels.

The trance is 2 rounds and same feature later on works like arcane pool with regular magus, I only would change that instead 2 rounds the trance works same duration as bloodrage with bloodrager works (which is 4 rounds + Con mod, albeit should changed to Cha mod as the trance provides nothing else than access to bloodline powers which need bloodrage to be active).

National Acrobat

Lil, a plain, old-fashioned Ranger/Assassin.

Lilly Trel'Therial, or 'Lil' as she is known, is an elf that has been exiled from her homeland due to her profession as a killer for hire. Originally a bounty hunter when she left the less populated areas that her race live in and arrived in the city, her skill at tracking and taking marks translated into the Choir of Swords inviting her to join the organization. While many rangers excel at making their mark in the natural world, the Urban Jungles are where she thrives, and her skills truly shine. An attractive, if somewhat off-putting and sarcastic woman, she has a scar running from above her left-eye, down to her cheek. A reminder that some of her people still think she should be dead instead of exiled, the person that gave her that mark when she was expelled from the Rangers eventually learned to walk and speak again after she extracted her vengeance on him. His family, however, was not so lucky. She's a professional cat burglar in addition to her profession as an assassin, and is often called upon to disarm traps as well in the process of completing missions. She's loyal to her friends, the few that she has.

Character Sheet

http://www.whenthesungrowscold.com/lilE!.pdf

History (names are generic, will be updated if accepted and if there is specific realms history, names, etc. to add

http://www.whenthesungrowscold.com/lilE!ChoirofSwords.pdf

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 13, 2017, 10:44:46 AM
A femme fatale sort assassin?

Absolutely. Not all assassins kill. The total destruction of a family's reputation might be enough.

I picture her as the Chorus' spymistress. The sort who whispers in an ear and then you hear trade war starting drawing out a target that another can kill at their leisure. Or the use of a literal 'arcane' poison that is delivered at a social gala by a sleight of hand.. or a deadly spell delivered by a kiss after a bodyguard feels a sudden urge for a drink. (Suggestion)

MingMing

*waves to Acrobat*  Hi Hi!

Callie, sounds like our two characters might be often in the same circles and sent on paired missions perhaps...  maybe have some previous knowledge of each other...  :-)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MingMing on May 13, 2017, 01:44:39 PM
*waves to Acrobat*  Hi Hi!

Callie, sounds like our two characters might be often in the same circles and sent on paired missions perhaps...  maybe have some previous knowledge of each other...  :-)

I was think character assasin/spy.. that doesn't step on your toes does it?

I could see my girl as the 'first word' of warning yours as the 'final' word when her warning is ignored and action must be done and seen..

MingMing

Just out of curiosity, what's the current ratio of males to females in the group at the moment?  I'm debating trying my concept as a male character, but am being indecisive.  Thoughts?

National Acrobat

Hey Ming!

I can easily switch my concept to male if needed. It's not a big deal.

Callie Del Noire

I think Zaer was going with a guy and I am leading towards 'The Lady.."

Mystic Dragon

Are monsters still legal? If so I'd like to step out of my usual and play an incubus that uses succubus stats.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"