High School Girls RPG: Warriors of the Shadow Clan, 5 players wanted! light hum

Started by Soveliss, May 01, 2013, 10:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Quote from: Soveliss on May 13, 2013, 03:14:53 PM
Is everyone ready? I'm starting to write the introduction in the small group sub-forum, I'll post it when I'll be satisfied with it.

I'm ready :)

Silk

Lets do it :) and its up it seems.

eBadger

It is up!  yay! 

No worries about the delay, I was having a lot of trouble with the site for most of the day, too. 

One comment - is this occurring at Santa Puerta High School (our rivals), or St. Cosmas (our school)?

deusexkristina

Quote from: eBadger on May 14, 2013, 05:04:24 AM
One comment - is this occurring at Santa Puerta High School (our rivals), or St. Cosmas (our school)?

Yeah, I noticed that myself. I'm sure i will be fixed in short order.

Yukina

Yukina

eBadger

Responded with the assumption it's our school; if I'm wrong, ignore it, but if it's happening across town then there's little that I'm gonna do. 

Edit: Great starts!  Also, just so I'm clear, I'm assuming that at this point Jax has no real knowledge of the clan/history/etc (although her father may know more about the family traditions than just fencing) but she has already discovered her ability to do some...odd tricks. 

Silk

Given the nature of Niki's history, chances are I'll be shadowing for the first engagement or otherwise be the first one attacked that needs to be rescued, a little later down the line confronting one of the girls about what the hell happened. (Since all Niki know's is that if she's not insanely careful when singing, strange stuff happens.

eBadger

Shadowing sounds dull - join us, even if you aren't using your powers yet!  and who knows, maybe the stress of the situation inspires some nervous/unconscious singing, with more fortuitous results.  Gotta come out sometime, right?

Silk

It will be dull initially, but considering to everyone else it's a gift but to Niki it's a curse, as well as being shy and otherwise paranoid about it all as well as having 0 knowledge of the clans or alike, just joining like it's an every day occurence seemed a bit odd if there isn't any resistance initially in using her power.

eBadger

Oh, in using her powers, sure - just making sure you aren't sidelining yourself completely!

eBadger

Silk

My laptop is information repairs so posting from my blackberry atm won't be posting much for a week or 2

eBadger

Soveliss, you still around?  Still haven't had a confirmation of the school name...and gonna need to know what happens when we dial out soon. 

Yugi, for reference in-game: sickle cell anemia takes two recessive genes; having just one, however, provides significantly increased resistance to malaria.  One of the quirks of genetics :)

Yukina

Quote from: eBadger on May 20, 2013, 09:24:51 PM
Soveliss, you still around?  Still haven't had a confirmation of the school name...and gonna need to know what happens when we dial out soon. 

Yugi, for reference in-game: sickle cell anemia takes two recessive genes; having just one, however, provides significantly increased resistance to malaria.  One of the quirks of genetics :)

Thank you for a nice refresher of something I haven't learned about since middle school :)

Jefepato

Phew, that sure took me long enough.

Soveliss posted in A&As a couple days ago.  Hopefully he's doing all right, but I guess we may be waiting a bit longer.

Jefepato

Question: does the Emotion check bonus for mastering Brawl or Martial Arts apply only to Emotion checks for being hit in combat, or does it work for any Emotion check (e.g. a check to deal appropriately with the presence of a freaky monster)?

Soveliss

Well, if you are an experienced brawler or martial artist, it means you are used to take punches and various hits, and as such will control yourself more if you get hit, but a demon dog with large bony spikes is a whole different kind of freaky... So my best guess is no. Then again, maybe I missed something about martial arts since my personal experience with them has been mostly Krav Maga, which emphasizes survival by whatever means necessary... I don't really think a martial art can bring you a better mastery over your emotion beyond the "I can take a punch, no big deal" side of it, but maybe that's my limited experience.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Silk

Well as someone who did some martial arts, part of the training is to limit the pain when you get hit through muscle memory actions (such as slapping the floor with your hand after being thrown so the worst of the sensation is there) it's just generally being used to being hit in any sense of the word, someone who does martial arts just deals with pain better than someone who isn't used to getting hurt often. of course theres a limit to that, if a spine goes through your stomach, no amount of martial arts training can prepare you for that.

Jefepato

I knew putting points in Emotion would be a terrible idea.  Who needs magic anyway?

(Well, it doesn't really matter.  I don't think punching a spiky monster would help much just yet, even if that were a particularly sane first reaction.)

Silk

Well I got the highest emo in the group, thankfully my role in combat should rarely put me in a position to be attacked,.

eBadger

Meh, I didn't put points in Emo and still managed to flub it :) all good.