How can I add folders or subdivisions to Messages?

Started by johntfs, January 17, 2021, 03:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johntfs

I'm doing an RP through PMs and I'd really like to separate the PMs from that RP into a folder/area other than Inbox so I don't accidentally delete them.  Any ideas on how to do that?

Oniya

There's a feature called 'Labels', which is the only way I know of to make 'folders' out of PMs, but it is notoriously dodgy.  Among other things, if you delete a 'Label', it messes up any labels created after it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

johntfs

Thanks.  I'll experiment with that and see if it will work.

TrueBelief

Quote from: johntfs on January 17, 2021, 03:23:43 PM
I'm doing an RP through PMs and I'd really like to separate the PMs from that RP into a folder/area other than Inbox so I don't accidentally delete them.  Any ideas on how to do that?

I don't think you can, I would suggest moving the rp to a forum and If any messages are SUPER I'm Important I would just save them in a word doc. The message system on here seems to gets messy quick if you let things stack up..
Peace, Love, and Safe Travels.
The Mystery of life as it unravels.
-True Belief

Hrairoo

Quote from: TrueBelief on January 17, 2021, 05:14:48 PM
I don't think you can, I would suggest moving the rp to a forum and If any messages are SUPER I'm Important I would just save them in a word doc. The message system on here seems to gets messy quick if you let things stack up..

You might be referring to the personal messaging settings. If you go into your profile settings and select personal messaging, at the top of that page you can select how PMs are displayed. All at once is kind of a mess and not really recommended. But selecting "as a conversation" can make each message chain with individuals its own separate thread.

TrueBelief

Quote from: Hrairoo on January 17, 2021, 05:28:43 PM
You might be referring to the personal messaging settings. If you go into your profile settings and select personal messaging, at the top of that page you can select how PMs are displayed. All at once is kind of a mess and not really recommended. But selecting "as a conversation" can make each message chain with individuals its own separate thread.

Woah..was that in the landing strip? Is the long list the default? because it's a pain in the butt and I feel pretty dumb right now learning about this.
Peace, Love, and Safe Travels.
The Mystery of life as it unravels.
-True Belief

Amaris

I'm not sure if it's in the landing strip, but if you're ever struggling with something being a hassle you are always welcome to ask about it here or PM a staffer. We have a lot of tips and tricks we can pass along just from being here for awhile.

johntfs

Granted that we're only two messages into things but the labeling but seems to be working okay.  If it gets too complicated, there's always the option of going to really private messages by just taking the whole thing offsite to e-mails or something.