Story-Focused, Multi-Arc Fantasy Adventure [CLOSED]

Started by King Serperior, March 15, 2017, 03:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gateman

as far as the heritage goes, I just meant I wanted him to be a little fuzzy on which type of elf his father was, not that he's unaware of the fact he's a half elf. I think I might need that ring to figure out what I wanna say >.<

I figured the diplomacy checks wouldn't be a thing, but figured a magic ring that lets them speak multiple languages and always know what to say might come in handy for a boisterous loudmouth. I'll switch to dwarven though. As for the dwarven hatred, though, I seem to have gotten this RP mixed up with another one I was reading last night. In my defense, I was half asleep when I started browsing last night. Gods help the mage who tries to pry it off his finger though...

I'll be adding back in the clubs to his item list, and make a note somewhere that he will summon drums during battle, either as a song, spell scroll, or whatever. Be sure to take a look and make sure everything's sorted

King Serperior

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  He can simply not know what kind of Elf his blood comes from.

That's a good point, of course and don't worry.  Being half-asleep can make anyone mix up something or another.  Though, the ring is still a useful enchanted item and one that could fetch a good price if someone is bold enough.  That said, such a ring would be useful for a Bard who wants to pretend to be naturally fluent in one or more native tongues.

Rather than summon a drum, he could carry one strapped to his back and keep drumstick-like clubs in his belt or whatnot.  It would make more sense for a Bard to carry their musical instrument with them, would it not?  Besides, the drum could double as a carrying container when not used for its real purpose.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Gateman

Quote from: King Serperior on March 19, 2017, 10:41:10 PM
Ah, okay, that makes sense.  He can simply not know what kind of Elf his blood comes from.

That's a good point, of course and don't worry.  Being half-asleep can make anyone mix up something or another.  Though, the ring is still a useful enchanted item and one that could fetch a good price if someone is bold enough.  That said, such a ring would be useful for a Bard who wants to pretend to be naturally fluent in one or more native tongues.

Rather than summon a drum, he could carry one strapped to his back and keep drumstick-like clubs in his belt or whatnot.  It would make more sense for a Bard to carry their musical instrument with them, would it not?  Besides, the drum could double as a carrying container when not used for its real purpose.

Hmm, a backpack that is actually a drum. I like it! Anything else need to be changed before I do the (hopefully) final edit?

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
Hmm, a backpack that is actually a drum. I like it! Anything else need to be changed before I do the (hopefully) final edit?
Of course, to use it, one would likely have to dump the contents to get the sound right, but it makes for a good usage!  But that in it of itself would make for good writing!

As for other changes, I don't have anything of note beyond what I pointed out previously.  Make what edits you feel like making and just post here that you're done.  I'll go back and take a look at the more spruced up sheet.

Again, if you have any questions at all, please don't be afraid to ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Gateman

So, I believe that everything is in order now, so I shall be a little presumptive and add this:

If I missed anything, please let me know

Supias

Quote from: King Serperior on March 18, 2017, 09:46:31 PM
Ah, a Drow!  I was wondering if there would be one submitted here.

At an initial glance, everything looks good.  I do have a few questions to be clarified, but they aren't serious ones:

- Thread's End:  Is he still a full member working on his own time and in occasional contact with them?  Or has he left them, but still has at least a single contact there?  Of course, as an assassin, there may be some parties who may have a bounty against him.
- Gift of Lolth:  Rather than some immunity, perhaps it is an immunity to all spider venom....and perhaps a weakness to Drider venom in case he tries to betray her?  It might be something the spider goddess would do.
- Spider Familiar:  You mentioned a familiar spider and I was wondering if he has one?  Or would any spider do?  If the former, is it a large spider or a smaller one that is somewhere on his person?
- Light Bend:  Perhaps 'Deepen Shadows' would be more appropriate by the description?

Beyond that, I think he looks good!

I just got off my typical double Sunday so I'm hoping to make some sense in my reply.  The Drow were so popular a few years back, I hated to use them just for the ire of popularity.  I think some of that has subsided. 

As far as Threads End, he will still be in some contact with them, an odd job if asked from certain friends in need of his particular flare, but he is mostly separated from them now.   Bounties might make things all the more interesting.  I'm curious to see what he would do with that.

Immunity to all spider venom would be nice but probably too nice for Lolth. You're right, she would make sure there was a check in place particularly for someone like him.  Perhaps he's already felt it.  I imagine at one point in his young and idealized years he might have been allowed to ride a Drider mount, but his fall from grace would have left him feeling betrayed.  No, better to keep him still susceptible to Drider venom.

When I thought of this I suspected he was always somewhat aware of where in the room a few spiders were crawling.  Any of these little creatures would be useful sets of eyes to crawl under door ways or creep within beds.    Of course I say this now and I'm expecting I'm going to have to do a bit of research on what kinds of spiders are common and useful varieties for his needs.  *sighs*  The answer in short is no, he has no specific pet, but he may very well find one that might be carried a long for a while. "Harry" might be one. Who knows.

Deepen shadows sounds perfect.  I was about to borrow/steal the one about unnatural darkness, but I don't know enough here for sharesies yet.

Chulanowa

Supias

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 11:35:21 PM

Right, Chulanowa?   Can we please just have this as an Old man Gus Furbottom, the crazy old drunk that lives in the pub? I think he needs to be there in our minds if nothing else.  It just warms the place just thinking about it.   You kind of want to just sit around a while and see what else the ol' fellow does.

Gateman

Quote from: Supias on March 20, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
Right, Chulanowa?   Can we please just have this as an Old man Gus Furbottom, the crazy old drunk that lives in the pub? I think he needs to be there in our minds if nothing else.  It just warms the place just thinking about it.   You kind of want to just sit around a while and see what else the ol' fellow does.

If I get accepted, I will ensure we have an Old Gus type in any bar we hit.

King Serperior

Quote from: Supias on March 19, 2017, 11:52:10 PM
As far as Threads End, he will still be in some contact with them, an odd job if asked from certain friends in need of his particular flare, but he is mostly separated from them now.   Bounties might make things all the more interesting.  I'm curious to see what he would do with that.
That's perfectly alright.  I can see a semi-retired assassin occasionally keeping an ear out, but otherwise not really a part of them anymore.  As for people collecting bounties, that is always something to think of.
Immunity to all spider venom would be nice but probably too nice for Lolth. You're right, she would make sure there was a check in place particularly for someone like him.  Perhaps he's already felt it.  I imagine at one point in his young and idealized years he might have been allowed to ride a Drider mount, but his fall from grace would have left him feeling betrayed.  No, better to keep him still susceptible to Drider venom.
I have high doubt that a Drider would let anyone ride them like a common beast, seeing as they are a monstrous mix of Drow and Spider.  That said, Drider and spider venom are vastly different with that of Driders being far more potent due to magical qualities.  So, he could be immune to normal spider venom, but even a gift like that could be taken away if Lolth were to deem him a problem to be extinguished.
When I thought of this I suspected he was always somewhat aware of where in the room a few spiders were crawling.  Any of these little creatures would be useful sets of eyes to crawl under door ways or creep within beds.    Of course I say this now and I'm expecting I'm going to have to do a bit of research on what kinds of spiders are common and useful varieties for his needs.  *sighs*  The answer in short is no, he has no specific pet, but he may very well find one that might be carried a long for a while. "Harry" might be one. Who knows.
There's no need to do research on spiders and no need to have a familiar.  It was but a simple question after all.  Still, if that is the case of him being able to see through their eyes, I would assume he would need to be in at least some meditative trance, no?  As for sensing the spiders, I can see that being something in the back of his mind.
Deepen shadows sounds perfect.  I was about to borrow/steal the one about unnatural darkness, but I don't know enough here for sharesies yet.
What is this about unnatural darkness?

Other than that, I think your character is approved!

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
If I missed anything, please let me know
Okay, I just took a look and there's a couple of things I'd like to point out:

Character Format:  Would you mind fixing the format to what I have set it as?  It keeps things more uniform and nicer to look at.  Thanks!
Ring of Eloquence:  When I was reading the description, it appeared to cut off as follows;
The ring is a very valuable mystical item, though to the untrained eye, it appears to be a simple silver band. One of many, Galen's particular ring has been inscribed with the letters of the elven, dwarven, and orcish tongue, allowing him to speak each as well as he does Common. Unique to his ring, the fourth language slot is filled with musical scales, allowing him to read music. When it came to
Might I ask what it came to?

That's really about it for the time being.

With that, the following characters have been accepted:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

What ever happened to the Half Orc? did she withdraw, and I missed it?

Vlexia

Quote from: Geeklet on March 20, 2017, 12:23:12 PM

No. He just never approved me.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

King Serperior

Quote from: Geeklet on March 20, 2017, 12:23:12 PM
I don't know if she did or not.  There were a few small details of the character sheet that needed some addressing such as a link to O/Os thread and less of what feels like a focus on system-based abilities such as 'power swings' and 'blocking.'

Quote from: Vlexia on March 20, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
No. He just never approved me.
There weren't a lot of issues, but there were some small things I'd pointed out to get it finished.  My apologies if it seemed like I'd overlooked anything.  I didn't mean it to come across like that.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

I actually don't know where that "when it came to" came from o.o I cut it and put the whole thing back to your format, I believe.

Supias

Quote from: King Serperior on March 20, 2017, 12:21:37 PM
I have high doubt that a Drider would let anyone ride them like a common beast, seeing as they are a monstrous mix of Drow and Spider.  That said, Drider and spider venom are vastly different with that of Driders being far more potent due to magical qualities.  So, he could be immune to normal spider venom, but even a gift like that could be taken away if Lolth were to deem him a problem to be extinguished.

I was thinking of Spider Mounts, thanks for clarifying though.  I think we are on the same page with the poison.  Yes, he would need to be in a kind of trance to see with the spider eyes, but be more like an awareness at the back of his thought process for where spiders are. 

It was nothing important about the darkness.  "Deepen shadows"  Is what I'll go with.

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 20, 2017, 01:26:35 PM
I actually don't know where that "when it came to" came from o.o I cut it and put the whole thing back to your format, I believe.
Alright, everything looks good now.  Thanks for changing it back to the original format.

Quote from: Supias on March 20, 2017, 11:29:02 PM
I was thinking of Spider Mounts, thanks for clarifying though.  I think we are on the same page with the poison.  Yes, he would need to be in a kind of trance to see with the spider eyes, but be more like an awareness at the back of his thought process for where spiders are. 

It was nothing important about the darkness.  "Deepen shadows"  Is what I'll go with.
I'm unsure about spider mounts, but Drider are reasonably intelligent spellcasters who are Lolth's elite troops and guards.  One Drider would be equal to at least 10 Drow warriors since their power comes directly from the spider goddess herself.

Anyway, Supias and Gateman, if that's all the questions you two have, then your characters will be accepted.  It seems that all there is left is one spot.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Can't wait for this to start. I'm looking forward to playing a drunk, cross dressing jackass

Chulanowa

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 22, 2017, 01:36:13 AM
Can't wait for this to start. I'm looking forward to playing a drunk, cross dressing jackass
And that alone will will give him a few strange looks.

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 22, 2017, 06:15:50 AM
I've got ideas, to be worked on on hte morning!
If that's the case, I look forward to what you might come up with.  Please, if you have any questions at all, do ask!  Do you happen to have an idea for a character?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Quote from: King Serperior on March 22, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
And that alone will will give him a few strange looks.

Say what you will, but it can come in handy when we need a distraction.

Geeklet

Even if it distracts your party members with with wanting to jump their bones?

Supias

Distractions are handy for others to swoop in from behind. 

Gateman

Quote from: Geeklet on March 22, 2017, 05:16:27 PM
Even if it distracts your party members with with wanting to jump their bones?

I never said he'd be against that, mind.

Quote from: Supias on March 22, 2017, 05:46:29 PM
Distractions are handy for others to swoop in from behind. 

Exactly, whenever we have to break in somewhere, I get dolled up, use the one spell he knows, and becomes the kind of distraction only a (seemingly) drunk female can be to a group of  brigands/guards. Then, while I've got their attention, you guys break in.

Supias

The question is, do we then rescue said drunk from the brigands or let them come back on their own time?

Gateman

Now what kind of hooligan would I be if I couldn't get myself out of my own shenanigans?