Hollow's Last Hope (Dungeon Crawl)

Started by MasterMischief, March 15, 2015, 06:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Oooo!  An adventurer.

I am looking for three valiant and creative story tellers to journey with me to the distant world of Golarion where the desperate town of Falcon's Hollow has fallen to an hacking affliction.  Observant Elliquians might recognize this story and the world itself.  Those familiar with the story need not worry as I intend to alter it in order to keep our audience guessing.  And while the world has its own laws, I also intend to use those more to my liking.  It's good to be the Game Master.

What the hell are you rambling on about, llama?!

I should like to run Paizo's excellent D0 - Hollow's Last Hope module.  And I want to run it using Green Ronin's Mutants & Masterminds second edition.

But isn't that a super hero system?

Nothing slips by you, does it?  Yes, it is, but it works well for nearly any cinematic game.

What do you mean 'cinematic'?

I am talking about heroes and heroines doing crazy stuff and actually pulling it off instead of simply being weighed down by ever increasing penalties.  You know...like any action movie ever.

What about all those crazy super powers?  Are you going to let characters fly around shooting ray beams out of their eyes?

Well, if someone were to want to play a race with wings, why not allow flight?  Ray beams would be out of place unless it were some sort of spell.  Magic is often similar to powers.  And remember when I talked about 'cinematic'?  Powers can be used to simulate astounding feats.

I think you are crazy, but I am curious to see if you can pull this off.

So do I.  So here are the crunchy details.

Crunchy Details
Knowledge of Mutants & Masterminds or Golarion is not required.  I will be happy to help anyone unfamiliar with the system.  Those of you familiar with it are on your own.  I jest.  Of course I will help.

Power Level: 6
Power Points: 90
Max Ability: 20
Max Skill Rank: 11

Powers
I will allow powers, but they must feel appropriate to a fantasy setting.  Some Powers can simply be 'super skills'.  For example, Mind Control with Flaws that make it look like crazy good Diplomacy.   Warriors & Warlocks has a lot of examples of Powers built as Feats.

Powers as magic will be allowed.  One thing I do not want to see is using magic to be a one man show.  If there is a Sneaky Thief in the group, then the Wizard should not have Invisibility.  Talk among yourself to carve out niches.

I'm the Fighter!
Fighting is not a niche.  Mutants & Masterminds is designed for everyone to contribute in combat.  This is a feature, not a bug.

Pick Me!  Pick Me!
I will not select participants on first come, first serve basis.  I will select characters based on how interesting I find them.  It is biased and arbitrary and I am sorry I can not select everyone, but thems the breaks.

What about...?
I am sure many of you will have questions.  I don't bite, but I do charge a twenty dollar service fee per question¹.  So make them count.

¹No I don't.

Amur

This seems like it might be interesting. What type of system is this? DnD? Pathfinder? d10?

MasterMischief

It is Green Ronin's Mutants & Masterminds second edition.  It is a fairly heavily modified d20 variant.  The two largest paradigm shifts are there are no classes (it is more Skill based) and there are no Hit Points (damage is done with saving throws).