News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Bravely Default.

Started by SinXAzgard21, February 07, 2014, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

I use to not like RPGS. Well most anyways, only very few stand out in my book. FF Tactics, Persona III(four didn't live to the hype, but that is just me,)  FF III and VII. Ogre Tactics.(AMAZING GAME)  Oh and old school Chrono Trigger. Other than that most other RPGs been either stale or lukewarm to me.

Till I played Bravely Default.

I think I put around 16 hours in it in around three or so days. Right now running at level 30 or so.

Current party set up is Tiz main classing Spell Femcer, Job command Miscellany, Support: Firewall and 10% Speed. 

Agnes, right now I keep switching between White and Black Mage with her along with swapping respectively the job and fix commands. Got her dual wielding rods. Support Silence Immunity and Damage Disperse. 

Ringabel is set to Monk with Sword Magic Job Command (And I am about to build his Sword Magic cause exploiting weakness with high damage physical output is already pretty dumb on a monk..)  I think I have him with Blind Immunity and 10% Health at moment.

Edea is Knight with White Magic Job Command. I got her with P Defense 10& and Diving Rod(Not much to choose from ;( ). I wouldn't mind giving her Anti - Magic support but I am unsure if that ever unlocks for Spell Fencer and if so at what level.

Of course roles are subject to change through further story progression, I am not that far in it currently.

Only bosses that gave me trouble were the one you get Red Mage class from(Cause he kept healing and dreading team and just being a general pain in the arse altogether. Especially with his vengeance that recharged BP. I never want to fight anyone ever with that skill again. ) and the Merchant class boss. Since it was always a 500 dmg hit and if you weren't lucky he might do it twice to same ally. Only boss that killed me was the Summoner class one, but only because I got caught off guard from ally calling and then summon next turn event. Then I just geared up with better armor and items(holy shields were worth the 4k gold I spent on them, cura on a stick combine with knight that is lacking in healing support role does wonders. Again, since it doesn't use mana to item use skills) and murdered her.

I also make it a habit of defaulting few rounds with some of the sub story bosses since most of them seemed harder to me than the main story ones. Just to get a general idea of their attack behavior or skill use.

I have yet to use the Second Brave feature thing. Though I believe that implement was more towards Western, I don't think it was in JP version of the game unless later on?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 13, 2014, 10:36:51 AM
I use to not like RPGS. Well most anyways, only very few stand out in my book. FF Tactics, Persona III(four didn't live to the hype, but that is just me,)  FF III and VII. Ogre Tactics.(AMAZING GAME)  Oh and old school Chrono Trigger. Other than that most other RPGs been either stale or lukewarm to me.

Till I played Bravely Default.

I think I put around 16 hours in it in around three or so days. Right now running at level 30 or so.

Current party set up is Tiz main classing Spell Femcer, Job command Miscellany, Support: Firewall and 10% Speed. 

Agnes, right now I keep switching between White and Black Mage with her along with swapping respectively the job and fix commands. Got her dual wielding rods. Support Silence Immunity and Damage Disperse. 

Ringabel is set to Monk with Sword Magic Job Command (And I am about to build his Sword Magic cause exploiting weakness with high damage physical output is already pretty dumb on a monk..)  I think I have him with Blind Immunity and 10% Health at moment.

Edea is Knight with White Magic Job Command. I got her with P Defense 10& and Diving Rod(Not much to choose from ;( ). I wouldn't mind giving her Anti - Magic support but I am unsure if that ever unlocks for Spell Fencer and if so at what level.

Of course roles are subject to change through further story progression, I am not that far in it currently.

Only bosses that gave me trouble were the one you get Red Mage class from(Cause he kept healing and dreading team and just being a general pain in the arse altogether. Especially with his vengeance that recharged BP. I never want to fight anyone ever with that skill again. ) and the Merchant class boss. Since it was always a 500 dmg hit and if you weren't lucky he might do it twice to same ally. Only boss that killed me was the Summoner class one, but only because I got caught off guard from ally calling and then summon next turn event. Then I just geared up with better armor and items(holy shields were worth the 4k gold I spent on them, cura on a stick combine with knight that is lacking in healing support role does wonders. Again, since it doesn't use mana to item use skills) and murdered her.

I also make it a habit of defaulting few rounds with some of the sub story bosses since most of them seemed harder to me than the main story ones. Just to get a general idea of their attack behavior or skill use.

I have yet to use the Second Brave feature thing. Though I believe that implement was more towards Western, I don't think it was in JP version of the game unless later on?

I'm at 27 hours played, all near level 45.  I just got Salve-Maker.

My town is all near fixed and I have used the Bravely Second feature a few times.  Mostly to save a round of reviving a party member. 

I HATE ANGES.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Agnes is indeed a bitch.  Her little friend isn't much better either.  I have to say, though, this story is DARK!  Wow!  Man, the bad guys are EVIL.  I could easily compare them to Nazi Germany, doing some scummy things to push what they believe is a 'Better Order'.  But the stuff they do, or who they've got to work for them...

I'm still expecting a twist somewhere though...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 14, 2014, 12:44:58 PM
Agnes is indeed a bitch.  Her little friend isn't much better either.  I have to say, though, this story is DARK!  Wow!  Man, the bad guys are EVIL.  I could easily compare them to Nazi Germany, doing some scummy things to push what they believe is a 'Better Order'.  But the stuff they do, or who they've got to work for them...

I'm still expecting a twist somewhere though...

I am about to fight the boss at the fire crystal...  I have all jobs up to salve-maker, I crit with my valk for 9999 and can high jump almost every round thanks to performer.  I know that normally classes break games but christ on a corndog this is sad.  I've read about using other classes but that makes life unbearable as if you don't have a solid damage class you wont be doing much damage.  Oh, and ranger thief is just unfair.  I'm finding Lightning Returns more of a challenge.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 14, 2014, 01:13:34 PM
I am about to fight the boss at the fire crystal...  I have all jobs up to salve-maker, I crit with my valk for 9999 and can high jump almost every round thanks to performer.  I know that normally classes break games but christ on a corndog this is sad.  I've read about using other classes but that makes life unbearable as if you don't have a solid damage class you wont be doing much damage.  Oh, and ranger thief is just unfair.  I'm finding Lightning Returns more of a challenge.

How you hitting so hard? I rarely break 2k damage with my attacks. >.<

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 15, 2014, 08:03:47 AM
How you hitting so hard? I rarely break 2k damage with my attacks. >.<

Well I have specials always up, I default and use performers buffs.  I rarely every do normal attacks during boss fights.  For random encounters I just brave out all the way and nuke everything.  So my normal round against a boss can be around 20k.  That is after getting max default and so on.

SinXAzgard21

Finished the village, still haven't done the earth crystal and I'm level 70 with a growth egg, just leveling up jobs now. 

Been running the Pharma trick since I'm bored with job leveling.

Chris Brady

I think I OD'ed on it. I'm going to stop playing it for a bit, relax the brain. :)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 17, 2014, 05:46:38 PM
I think I OD'ed on it. I'm going to stop playing it for a bit, relax the brain. :)

I'm near the end of the game, ninja breaks this game worse than any job.  After I beat this game I'm going to go back to playing lightning returns.  I'm debating about the remake of tale of symphonia but I can't decide.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 17, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

Just had an "oh shit" moment after the final crystal... Yeah... Holy crap.

PanzerDude92

About to hit level 30 with all of my characters and have just entered the city of the second crystal. Question...Do all the characters have their own base stats? I mean.... Without a job. I guess what I'm wondering is if one character would be better suited for one class than another? EX: Agnes would have stats that are better suited for a white mage than Tiz...

I'm thinking of switching Agnes back and forth between a few classes and White mage,  considering I can have white magic as a second ability for some classes and can always switch her back to white mage before tough boss battles.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: PanzerDude92 on February 18, 2014, 05:58:33 PM
About to hit level 30 with all of my characters and have just entered the city of the second crystal. Question...Do all the characters have their own base stats? I mean.... Without a job. I guess what I'm wondering is if one character would be better suited for one class than another? EX: Agnes would have stats that are better suited for a white mage than Tiz...

I'm thinking of switching Agnes back and forth between a few classes and White mage,  considering I can have white magic as a second ability for some classes and can always switch her back to white mage before tough boss battles.

Nope, any character suits any class.  Just a matter of how you want to set it up.  I'm running Tiz as a Pirate/Swordmaster, Anges as a White Mage/Spiritmaster, Ringabel is a Ninja/Thief and Edea is a Valkyrie/Monk.  I'm level 99 with all jobs maxed running around chapter 5. 

I have found Black Mage useless along with Arcanist.  You pump out more damage with three physical attackers and a healer/buffer.

SinXAzgard21

As it stands now, I don't care what is talked about in here.  The game has officially crapped on itself.  Please use spoilers if you're going to talk about story line stuff.....  This game is trade in fodder. for me now.

Drake Valentine

Really? At what point? You don't have to spoil too much, I wonder what made it bad. You can just say whatever chapter or area of game. >.> Right now I am still working on Earth Crystal.

I have however gotten to point to fight Vampire dude. Dragons gave me some trouble, I had one character soloing them all. Whats her face.. Edea? Eda? I had her set to Templar/Swordmaster with Counter UP.. That buff up skill where she keeps getting stronger each turn, and some other skill I think that help counter attack damage. Long story short, she pretty much tank every dragon by herself and I use Know Thine Enemy skill through those dragon fights. Felt a bit wrong for it. ;\

Also for group enemies I usually have the ninja do the skill to make enemies target certain character (AKA Edea)  and just use her countering attacking. Assuming they didn't survive the hard hits from being spelled to death or monk. Also, Templar has some really interesting support skills.

I want a Mammon or whatever the damn enemy is name that appears in your village. I see all other arch nemesis appearing but never a Mammon(or however it is spelt.) Apparently you can abuse them to make tons of money. ;/ So if any ever gets one to appear and just wants to make cash, I suggest not killing it and putting it in lock mode.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 22, 2014, 08:22:30 AM
Really? At what point? You don't have to spoil too much, I wonder what made it bad. You can just say whatever chapter or area of game. >.> Right now I am still working on Earth Crystal.

I have however gotten to point to fight Vampire dude. Dragons gave me some trouble, I had one character soloing them all. Whats her face.. Edea? Eda? I had her set to Templar/Swordmaster with Counter UP.. That buff up skill where she keeps getting stronger each turn, and some other skill I think that help counter attack damage. Long story short, she pretty much tank every dragon by herself and I use Know Thine Enemy skill through those dragon fights. Felt a bit wrong for it. ;\

Also for group enemies I usually have the ninja do the skill to make enemies target certain character (AKA Edea)  and just use her countering attacking. Assuming they didn't survive the hard hits from being spelled to death or monk. Also, Templar has some really interesting support skills.

I want a Mammon or whatever the damn enemy is name that appears in your village. I see all other arch nemesis appearing but never a Mammon(or however it is spelt.) Apparently you can abuse them to make tons of money. ;/ So if any ever gets one to appear and just wants to make cash, I suggest not killing it and putting it in lock mode.

Chapters 5-7 so far are the same 4 bosses you fight at the crystals only a bit stronger.  You can fight all the sub bosses again.  The fights do not change at all, they have the same moves, do a bit more damage and have a bit more health.  People will argue about it being for character development all they want but I call horse shit.  There were better ways to do that then to make the grand ship a fucking blue police box.