# of questions RPG

Started by dready, December 27, 2010, 12:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

I was wondering about the interest levels towards a specific game type that involves more in-depth character creation than what is normally performed in video games.

This character creation system would be a series of questions that would be answered, and all abilities that can be gained are accessible to any character, though requirements will still need to be met. For example, a full melee combat character gains the ability for magic powers when they decide that they no longer wish to be only melee (for whatever reason it may be) and then is able to acquire a summon because of their access to magic.

Now this might seem like it would be a bother at first, since each player would be required to answer all of the questions presented, including ones that would seem irrelevant at the time (such as if someone who decided against magic, they would still have to answer the questions pertaining to magic, just in case they gain said abilities)

Now, these questions would be along the lines of: determining combat abilities, social abilities, mental abilities, spiritual abilities, personality quirks, flaws, motivational ordeals, fears, race, gender, parts of their background, social status, charisma, and overall sense of self. These questions have not yet been made, but I'm just wondering if there is anyone would would want to try their hand at such.

Nerdychic447

So what your saying is a very dungeon and dragon character creator with character lore and stuff like that, where your decisions matter etc etc. Well I have to say I really like the idea, the only issue I see is keeping track of everything lol

Reno

My first thought was the "Virtue Test" at the beginning of Ultima IV. ;D

I'll give it a shot.

dready

Quote from: Reno on December 28, 2010, 12:16:19 AM
My first thought was the "Virtue Test" at the beginning of Ultima IV. ;D
Sadly didn't play it. :c

Quote from: Nerdychic447 on December 27, 2010, 10:23:49 PM
So what your saying is a very dungeon and dragon character creator with character lore and stuff like that, where your decisions matter etc etc. Well I have to say I really like the idea, the only issue I see is keeping track of everything lol
I got a ton of notecards, and a computer, and a portable hard drive. So I could save the answers to the questions in notepad or Mword and keep the info on hand at all times.

So far that's two people who'd be up for it. o3ob The system I'd be using would be pretty simple, as in the only dice rolls would be for chance/random stuff so then I don't have to have such a burden to control everything. Stats would be simple as well, being that the number for each stat would be directly tied into other specialty stats, like Constitution would be the health, endurance, stability, and fatigue stats.