Ninja Village Kartaru (Pathfinder and animal girl ninjas!)

Started by NicciKotor, February 06, 2014, 12:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

The Ninja Village of Kartaru is quite the place to live, as long as you were from one of the four main guilds: Foxes, Cats, Bunnies, and Dogs. These four guilds represent the village in the form of the central forum of elders from all fours guilds, whom maintain order through their exception talents at the ninja and arcane arts. This just maintains order for the most part, as the four guilds don't exactly enjoy each other very much. Rivalries and blood feuds, kidnapping and impregnation of captors, various hijinks, and other debaucheries to keep their ninja arts up to snuff for when real missions come that the elders gather from neighboring kingdoms for their services.

Basically each of you would pick a guild to go into, as I will have to figure out ways to make each guild unique, with different racial powers or ninja arts that only they know. Suggestions are highly encouraged for this. Also each guild has a different social structure that I will expand upon later, but what I have figured out so far is that the bunnies are patriarchal while the kittens are matriarchal. Also you don't have to play as ninjas persay, as you can go into what you feel like that makes sense within the scenario.

-Level 6.
-Use the catfolk or kitsune race templates for your race if you are going either doggies or bunnies. Keep it nice and simple.
-Standard gold.
5d6 drop lowest two reroll ones.
-Plus anything else I can remember later when I am not dead tired from vibrating water for 12 hours for SCIENCE!

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

KnightNelson20

Kimmy

A suggestion might be to allow characters to replace a portion of their class skills or add to them with some ninja skill packages. Ninja's are really ninjas because of their skills - shows like Naruto show how your 'class' could be just about anything, so long as you learn a few ninja skills. I can also imagine that ninja skills might include some spell-like abilities? If the ninjas could choose an ability every few levels - things like dimension door to teleport a short distance to safety, some super jumping talent or maybe just a straight bonus to speed? I can also imagine class skill sets with stealthy skills, forest skills, acrobatic skills or similar. Just a set of 2-3 skills you can add to your class skills. That way we can play classes that suit whatever ninja talents we can imagine - and actually act like ninja's when we're out in the field. Otherwise half your ninjas are going to sound like mobile racks of pots & pans as their platemail & lack of move silently ruin every mission... It's also probably important to consider craft skills if your in a ninja village. Th

Another thought - Centaurs & Naga/Serpentfolk (People with snake tail bodies) could be outcast/cursed/neighboring/rival clans because they are too much like animals (thought the real reason is probably more to do with centaurs being naked a lot & serpents being just plain sneaky!). Werewolves might fall into a similar group too.

Spiderfolk with many arms might be fun too. Just random ideas for thought!

My Rolls

17, 16, 14, 14, 13, 9
Something a little bit Evil

Name: Rei, meaning: Lovely, Bell & Nothing/Zero.
Race: Bunnygirl. Maybe with an evil template
Class: Magus? Evil-Paladin? Or is that not enough of a ninja class?
Stats: Wisdom 9 or less.

Rei wasn't exactly the wisest of souls. She was always happy. Always a bundle of energy. But she could be a real ditz at times. Which was a shame - she wasn't stupid. Simply... she missed things sometimes. She liked people & always saw the best in them.

In her youthful travels Rei happened upon a group of mages who were working hard to prepare some rather big rituals to remove evil from the world. Being interested in magic herself, Rei offered to help them as they worked. She did small things - running errands in town & feeding the small animals they kept. The mages said the animals might become familiars one day - lucky creatures! Though they were tested by using them in the mages magics. Most didn't work out and they had to be set free. Though Rei wished someone would tell her - the animals were always tested when she was busy in town for the mages.

Rei was really excited when the cultists nice mages asked her to help out in their big final ritual. They had been going around the countryside to these horrible places where lots and lots of evil had recently occurred. Apparently there was some horrible evil cult running about murdering people & performing dark rites! It made Rei so mad to think about it she almost said not very nice things. But these nice mages would go to these sites and gather up all the evil and make it into this really icky black sludge! Then they'd bring it back to their lair nice underground home and poured it into a giant pool of black evil! When they had gathered it all up they had a big ritual planned - a special ritual which would remove all the evil from the pool! And they even asked Rei to help - because she was a very special kind of person!

Rei was pure they said. Pure & Nice & all things right. So she was the perfect conduit for their magic. You see, to transform that much evil energy they needed to chant & recite magic words all day - and then, when there's enough power gathered, they can channel it through a pure conduit into the evil ichor. That's when Rei has to jump into the pool of ichor, so they can channel all their power into it. Only when Rei feed the animals that morning, one of the bunnies escaped. And then during the ritual the bunny appeared! Rei tried to catch it - but she only scared the bunny towards the pool! The poor thing leapt straight into the pool - and Rei dived right in after.

Which might have been fine if the mages hadn't been lying about the ritual. The truth was the ritual required an innocent to enter the pool & drown. As they drowned, their spirit would be ripped out by dark magics & used to power a transformation upon the next creature to enter the pool. The spell was supposed to create a true demon! A brand new demon. Only, when the rabbit's weak soul was ripped out, Rei entered the pool & she drew in all the power that the mages had gathered. Rei was transformed - becoming the world's first Bunny Demon! Only, the ritual hadn't completed so Rei wasn't made into a demon of truly terrifying power. Instead she was turned into a smaller demon. She embodied the power of a rabbit - long legs could leap buildings. She could run away from danger like a cheetah rushing onto it's kill! She had a charm to her - though that was perhaps Rei's influence more than anything. And Rei had a rabbits instincts. She liked company in the evenings... almost every evening actually. And when she was cornered - well people learnt that rabbit's can do more with their legs than jump & run - Rei had one hell of a kick!

Of course, Rei was evil. But her kind of evil was... misguided. She'd be the type who sold cookies at the fair & mischanged people to raise even more money for charity. She came up with evil plans to help people... Because she was that kind of 'evil'. She'd fit right in with Team Rocket...

Oh - whilst Rei was transformed at the bottom of the well of Evil, Ninja's from Kartaru Village raided the cultist's lair. They killed the cultists - and found a poor tortured bunny girl they were trying to sacrifice at the bottom of the well. They took Rei in. Perhaps to keep an eye on this 'evil demon' bunnygirl they'd found. Perhaps because they understand that Rei wasn't a bunnygirl yesterday - and they wanted the secret of how she became one... Perhaps they felt sorry she was meant to become a sacrifice & thought she should have a chance to train as a ninja & make something of herself. Maybe they think Rei is a long lost princess & are keeping her for politics...

Have fun with it! Rei is a special kind of trouble that you can really enjoy. She's silly, ditzy, talks to much & will enjoy life - even if she has to be evil about it. Torment her if you can... though she's a bit too ditzy to realize most of the time...
Rei Artwork Idea

Something a little more normal...

Name: Mari/Mary, meaning: Rebellious.
Race: Catgirl?
Class: Not sure - Arcane Archer might be a cool prestige class. Rogue or Fighter?
Stats: High Dex, Low Con?
Personality: Cruel, Playful, Huntress, Lavish, Whimsical, Demanding & Hate's Debt.
Talents: Hunting, Stealth, Acrobatics & Tracking.
Flaws: She isn't always serious. She loves a challenge enough to put herself at risk to beat it.

Mari is a highly competitive lass who loves to play & hunt. She'll play with anyone! Especially her friends, her pet cat, her family, strangers - anyone really. Mari's idea of 'playing' usually involve stalking her 'prey', scaring them a little, pouncing them & chasing them when they scamper away! Thankfully she's really good at stalking people - so she's pretty hard to find. Which is handy because she's usually in trouble. In trouble with just about everybody.

Mari is also quite lazy - and will exploit any opportunity to be treated like a princess. Thankfully, those who know Mari also know that she is remarkably easy to get on your side. All you have to do is trade her a few of these princess favors. Bring her good meals, be her servant, treat her like a princess - give in to her whims. Dress as she desires, take her out for a fun night. Although... her cruel streak can be quite creative when it comes to whims...

Mari also hates to owe a debt. She really admits she does - but she likes to work in secret to fix what she owes. Though if you can get her to be serious on a matter, she will behave - for a while.
Mari Artwork Idea

If you let me, I can bounce an idea for a spider PC too... I like the wickedness behind that sort of personality. Plus I love Spinnerette!
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

KnightNelson20

I like your thoughts Kimmy! The idea for a more animalistic counter guild would add some extra conflict. I was wondering if everyone characters are meant to be girls or if guys were allowed as well. Im fine either way just wondering. Im thinking I would like to play a more samurai skilled/based character if I'm able. If not thats fine as well more so I am just thinking of my characters personality being devoted and loyal to someone.

As far as the skill set, levels, and rolls go im not too familiar with the system if anyone would be able to help out with that. 

NicciKotor

The second idea is more acceptable kimmy, and there can be animal boys as well within the guilds naturally.

NicciKotor

Kitsune are led about by a nine tailed kitsune archmage aka arcane oligarchy. While the dogs are basically Klingons.

Kimmy

Quote from: NicciKotor on February 07, 2014, 07:28:19 PM
Kitsune are led about by a nine tailed kitsune archmage aka arcane oligarchy. While the dogs are basically Klingons.

Do you mean Klingons in looks - or more their racial attitude & aggressive social attitudes?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

NicciKotor

Quote from: kimmy on February 07, 2014, 11:27:51 PM
Do you mean Klingons in looks - or more their racial attitude & aggressive social attitudes?

The latter, obviously.

KnightNelson20

my character ideas

Name: Kyroru
Race: Kitsune
Class: swordsman/samurai

history WIP
Kyroru

Name: Reiko
Race: kitsune
Class: spy/ninja

NicciKotor

Why would a samurai be in a ninja village? The trauma alone for the poor kitsune girls would be too much to bear!

KnightNelson20

Or a swordsman type character. Im just thinking I wanted someone with a different way of fighting. For example is someone wanted to be an ninja that used a bow, in a sense that person would be an archer. I understand your ill air at the word while thinking ninja like. And i was thinking of his temperament at the same time. I should have put a personality.

who149

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13231
Inori
Rolls
16 17 16 14 15 16
History
Inori spent the Majority of his life the way of the monk, living a happy and peaceful life in a monastery far off. However, one day, upon meditating for a long while, he decided it would do him good to see what he was missing, to quell his curiosity. Leaving the monastery he went into the village for one night of debauchery that changed his life. He could not go back to his old ways, and instead, Joined the Village and learned the ways of the Ninja.

He is very calm and focused, never one to anger. However, he is very quick to indulge himself in debauchery, having lived most of his life without it. He also retains such practices as never wearing armor, or holding a weapon. Mostly because he is just so much better with his fist then any weapon he can hold.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!