Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Started by Azuresands, December 11, 2011, 12:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azuresands

I just caught a glimsp of the trailer a few moments ago, and I fancied creating a thread about the film.

Trailer: Sherlock Holmes 2 Trailer

So, what do you make of the trailer? Will you go watch the film when it comes out?

fancyfictions

Can't wait for this movie to come out. RDJ and Jude Law make a great team. I'm hoping this one will do well too so a 3rd can be made.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Azuresands

Quote from: fancyfictions on December 11, 2011, 12:41:42 AM
Can't wait for this movie to come out. RDJ and Jude Law make a great team. I'm hoping this one will do well too so a 3rd can be made.
Haha, my thoughts exactly, friend. Somehow I prefer the action oriented impact the 1st film had rather than the classic Sherlock Holmes from the novels. RDJ's persona of the character merges that little bit of wittiness quite well.

Heard it was the 16th of this month for its UK release. Can't wait! :)

The Professor

The first film was brilliant and the second looks to be just as good. A lot of the appeal though is just RDJ being RDJ.

Samael

The second one is already so close?
I loved the first one. The chemistry between Jude Law and R.D.Jr was nothing short of amazing.

I'm making sure to watch it just for that.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Observing Trifles

Once I can arrange a trip out of town, I'm going to see this. Oh, yes.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Star Safyre

We might be seeing it today or sometime soon.  I just love RDJ and Jude Law's chemistry. 
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

RubySlippers

The second one ,in my opinion, is better. Come on he is locking horns with Dr. Moriarty his most formidable adversary and a match for Holmes intellect.

Star Safyre

I just want to see more of those longing, unspoken looks between Watson and Holmes.  I swear I've never understood the urge to slash until these two...
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Star Safyre on December 17, 2011, 10:00:56 AM
I just want to see more of those longing, unspoken looks between Watson and Holmes.  I swear I've never understood the urge to slash until these two...

+1
|| the hunt ||

Oniya

The BBC series is also eminently slashable.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Observing Trifles

I never did see the BBC series. It's on my Netflix queue, but that's as far as I've gotten. That said, I've seen photos of the series, and I have to agree. It's most definitely slashable.

Going to see Game of Shadows on Tuesday. *squee*
|| the hunt ||

Inkidu

I loved it. These Holmes films are always how I read the books. Plus, Watson. Right up there was Horatio and my namesake as the best sidekick ever.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Observing Trifles

I was pleasantly surprised by the first one. Like Inkidu, the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. really embodied what I took from the novels. The dynamic between Holmes and Watson (slash aside) is what I came to expect from them when I was a child.
|| the hunt ||