Spring Break on Ecchi Island (Giving This Another Try)

Started by Idlewyld, June 23, 2017, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

Quote from: Idlewyld on May 27, 2018, 11:15:41 PM
I'm ecstatic to see all the interest. I will be cleaning up the threads over the next day or so - we are going to be starting from scratch.
Awesomeness!

I might bring over a tengu I made for another rp, a few months back. Would that be ok?

Idlewyld

Quote from: Starcry on May 27, 2018, 11:26:04 PM
Awesomeness!

I might bring over a tengu I made for another rp, a few months back. Would that be ok?

As long as you tailor your character as per the rules, that should work fine. Part of the fun is that you can pretty much play any character type you want.

Inari

I was going to redo the format to fit this rp but I figured I would ask your permission to reuse a character first. :3

LeSane

The same as Star said I am interested and want to use a character; though if you are alright with it.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Idlewyld

Quote from: LeSane on May 27, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
The same as Star said I am interested and want to use a character; though if you are alright with it.

And same as I said to Star, iIt depends on the character but there's a lot of leeway in this game, so I don't foresee any problems.

Tokyorose627

MelodyCake

I know I ended up pulling back my interest the first rendition, but I did always regret it.
So you can definetely count me interested :)

Marie Reynolds

Would it be alright if players from the first Incarnation return?

Idlewyld

I'm glad to hear from all of you. And yes, characters from previous versions are very welcome.

Marie Reynolds

So if i plan to use my character from last time, Where  would  you like it submitted? With some  minor  tweaks on  Gender still biological female  but  identifies  as  gender fluid. I  added  being Pansexual as well as  being Demisexual as  opposed to originally  being  just demisexual.

Inari

Hmmm... having trouble placing where my tengu would be from. :x

Marie Reynolds

I could see Hellstom or Transylvania, Are we classifying  Tengu as  Oni or not?  That  would  be a  major deciding factor.

Leki

Might be an idea to wait for the new OoC threads before getting too technical.
In the last rendition, players were allowed to make their own College/Universities as well...
So that might be a thing.

One thing I've learned about Idlewyld's roleplays is that he's pretty accomodating to ideas,
Provided it doesn't clash with anything, and isn't outright stupid (in an unfun way)

Idlewyld

Quote from: Starcry on May 28, 2018, 10:38:07 AM
Hmmm... having trouble placing where my tengu would be from. :x

The answer given so far would work well. Another option would be Kemonomimi, which is the "animal" school

LeSane

So looking at the colleges, I wouldn't know what my character would classify. The character I made is a Cupid, and none of the selected bring up something even viably close. Idle would you be able to assist me?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Idlewyld

Quote from: LeSane on May 28, 2018, 11:36:48 AM
So looking at the colleges, I wouldn't know what my character would classify. The character I made is a Cupid, and none of the selected bring up something even viably close. Idle would you be able to assist me?

You could make your own. Just like there's Hell State University, there could be Heaven State University.

Inari

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 28, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
I could see Hellstom or Transylvania, Are we classifying  Tengu as  Oni or not?  That  would  be a  major deciding factor.
She is a yōkai, not an Oni. From the mountains to be exact. :o

I guess Transylvania would work? :o

Quote from: Leki on May 28, 2018, 10:57:40 AM
Might be an idea to wait for the new OoC threads before getting too technical.
In the last rendition, players were allowed to make their own College/Universities as well...
So that might be a thing.

One thing I've learned about Idlewyld's roleplays is that he's pretty accomodating to ideas,
Provided it doesn't clash with anything, and isn't outright stupid (in an unfun way)
I figured I'd ask, while I am in the process of reshaping my character to fit this rp. I don't want to make a silly mistake. D:

Quote from: Idlewyld on May 28, 2018, 11:05:33 AM
The answer given so far would work well. Another option would be Kemonomimi, which is the "animal" school
Hmm... I wouldn't quite say she is an animal. unlessyoumeaninthebedroomdepartment

Quote from: Idlewyld on May 28, 2018, 11:39:55 AM
You could make your own. Just like there's Hell State University, there could be Heaven State University.
I like this idea.

Leki

While I could be wrong, I don't think the schools played much of a role in the last game.
When we've got as many school as we do, making them all relevant is difficult if not impossible.
So I've always considered it an extension of the character, rather than a meaningful component within the plot/setup.

With that said, characters from the same school tended to befriend each other much faster.
Due to the commonality, so everyone having their own school kind of sucks.
Idlewyld, Gardsorm, ChangingSaint for example had a mecha pilot comraderie going on last time, which I personally thought was really neat.

If you want to go with one of the existing schools though... In my opinion Tengu could be from either
UROM Transylvania: Yokai are supernatural... albeit I always imagined this to be more of a western creature thing.
Kemonomimi: Due to the relationship between nature and tengu this could work. Likening the upstart attitude of Tengu with Elves, with the Kemonomimi being humans. Plus, their "Heaven Dogs" xD
Coldwater: Bit of a stretch, but they could be worked in as supernatual spellcasters.

Personally I think an Eastern Monster School could be pretty cool, even moreso if you can link it to UROM so that they have a rivalry going.

----
As for Cupid? Probably a new school. Only one they seem to even remotely fit is COldwater... and that's not really a match xD

Inari

Quote from: Leki on May 28, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
While I could be wrong, I don't think the schools played much of a role in the last game.
When we've got as many school as we do, making them all relevant is difficult if not impossible.
So I've always considered it an extension of the character, rather than a meaningful component within the plot/setup.

With that said, characters from the same school tended to befriend each other much faster.
Due to the commonality, so everyone having their own school kind of sucks.
Idlewyld, Gardsorm, ChangingSaint for example had a mecha pilot comraderie going on last time, which I personally thought was really neat.

If you want to go with one of the existing schools though... In my opinion Tengu could be from either
UROM Transylvania: Yokai are supernatural... albeit I always imagined this to be more of a western creature thing.
Kemonomimi: Due to the relationship between nature and tengu this could work. Likening the upstart attitude of Tengu with Elves, with the Kemonomimi being humans. Plus, their "Heaven Dogs" xD
Coldwater: Bit of a stretch, but they could be worked in as supernatual spellcasters.

Personally I think an Eastern Monster School could be pretty cool, even moreso if you can link it to UROM so that they have a rivalry going.

----
As for Cupid? Probably a new school. Only one they seem to even remotely fit is COldwater... and that's not really a match xD
I get what you mean! Thanks for the explanation and the suggestion. I'll be sure to keep that in mind! 8D

Idlewyld

Ladies and gentlemen, the OOC Architecture is up and running. Notice that for the new game, the Threads' Prefixes are Ecchi Island - Spring Break Returns! My apologies to ff, who will need to re-upload her character to the new Character Roster.

Speaking of, please do me a favor and run your character pics through Google reverse images just to make sure he or she is 18 or older. It will save much work and anguish later down the road.

Love to all,
Idle

Marie Reynolds

That is the first I have heard of Google Reverse. anything special I need to do access it?

Inari

https://images.google.com

Use it's "search by image" bit and it will tell you who the character is. From there you can research their age.

Miss Eleanora

I would like to join. Should I bounce ideas here? ^^