5e DND - A Few Short Adventures

Started by Lyku, May 29, 2018, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

So.. I am looking to put together a few 5e games... one at a time.  I am looking to run modules, so instead of something that is made originally to take a few weeks to a few months, at an actual table, each adventure would take somewhere between 2-4 hours.  Playing these over forums can still result in the adventure's taking a few weeks.  I want something a bit shorter as often 5e games seem to have a shorter life span... so by putting together a collection of stories, individuals would be able to play when they could.  If there ends up being a good amount of interest, people would of course be able to keep their characters and we could continue onto something longer.

If people are interested, characters should be made using the players handbook and up to one additional source book.  Stats would be made using a 27 point buy in.  Each new character will be awarded one healing potion.

This is not a sexy roleplay.  While in the past I permitted some aspect of smut, I feel more often than not, it ends up being a distraction to the story and the emphasis here is 5e DND above all.  For those who end up wanting to be romantically involved with another player, I recommend PMs or alternate threads, but not this main thread.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post something here or PM me.  This is a campaign that I look to move at a moderate pace. 
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

wander

tobisquestion

I'm super interested. I'm fairly new to DnD and have been waiting for something like this to come along for a while. Got a few characters already generated, though I may have to re-run their stats because they were made using dice rolls rather than buys. That's fine though, I'll re-do then when I get a chance if this generates enough interest to run.
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Lyku

I use the point buy system as an easy way to check that the sheets are correct and it is my preferred character creation method along with the concept of giving average points for love lumps instead of rolling dice. If you're new to DND, that's more than okay as everyone has to learn at some point and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask me.

For those that are interested, feel free to post character sheets using the 27 point buy in. As for required players, I only need a minimum of three players and I will accept only up to seven players at the maximum.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

wander

Cool. Should have something in tomorrow for you then. :)

Hamadryad

Interested! Ill make a character soon.

RedPhoenix

Hello questions!

- Are any source books not allowed?
- What do you mean by a moderate pace? How often should we be expecting to post?
- Do you want a sheet? Any preferred format? Level 1?
- Is this in any particular setting? Do you want backstory/history or just stats?
- Are there any other house rules we should know about?

thanks! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Stendarr

I'm interested, but I need to know what level character you want us to create. Are we also restricting flying characters?

Lyku

Level 1.  Any published sourxebook by Wizards of the coast is permitted, but a character can only be made with the core book and one additional source.  Id like to be putting atleast one update a day personally, but i can slow tbat aome based on player demand.

Stendarr

Name: Thia Moonwhisper Class: Ranger (Revised) Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good Backround: Outlander
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
10(0)
16(+3)
14(+2)
12(+1)
14(+2)
10(0)
HP: 12 Armor Class: 14 Initiative Bonus: +3 Speed: 35ft
Strong Saves:
Strength(+2), Dexterity(+5)
Skill proficiencies and Feats:
Athletics(+2),Investigation(+3),Nature(+3),Perception(+4),Stealth(+5),Survival(+4)
Languages:
Common, Elvish, Sylvan, Undercommon
Ranger (Revised):
Favour Enemy: Undead - You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against undead. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track undead, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer
  • You ignore difficult terrain.
  • You have advantage on initiative rolls.
  • On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:

• Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel.
  • Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Wood Elf:
Darkvision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Fey Ancestry - You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
Trance - Elves don't need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. You gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Mask of the Wild - You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Equipment and items:
Leather armor, two daggers, an explorer's pack, a longbow, a quiver, 20 arrows, a staff, a hunting trap, an elk's horns, a set of traveler’s clothes, a belt pouch, and 10 gp
Attacks:
Dagger +5 to hit 1d4 + 3 slashing damage, thrown range 20/60
Longbow +5 to hit 1d8 piercing damage (range 150/600), ammunition, heavy, two-handed

tobisquestion

It kills me to say this, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to post frequently enough to not hold up the game or for my character to not become irrelevant.

I'm still super keen to play D&D online, so I'll hang around just in case you find yourselves short of players, but for now I'm going to hold off submitting a character and give everyone else a first crack of the whip. It wouldn't be fair for me to jump in if there are other players who might be able to post more frequently than me.
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Chulanowa

Lyku

Thia, everything looks good.  One piece of information about the region where this is taking place is it is infested with undead. 

Lyku

Is there a preference to play on the forums or would players prefer to play on a another method like Discord? I am honestly flexible to play in any location.

wander

If this goes to Discord, I'm gonna have to drop out.

RedPhoenix

Yeah, zero interest in discord here.

Lyku

I will gladly keep it on forums then. :)

greenknight

I'm interested. When do you plan on starting?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Lyku

...If I had sheets, I would of been able to put up a first post today.

greenknight

Quote from: Lyku on May 30, 2018, 06:20:30 AM
infested with undead. 
Are we talking The Walking Dead or Army of Darkness? Does everyone know this or know this?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Lyku

Primary area will be Chult.  Some people might be familiar with this area.  It is a jungle area with one major city and some establishments, but most of the area is unknown.  The forests of Chult are full of undead... and dinosaurs... and some zombie dinosaurs.

greenknight

Got it. Georg Arborus, lost scion of Waterdhavian nobility, will be here shortly.

RedPhoenix

Ooooooh chult. I will work on a sheet tonight. :)

greenknight

Lost child of Waterdhavian nobles on a jaunt to the exciting land of Chult(R), Georg was raised by a troupe of apes before finally being found a few years ago by guides from Port Nyanzaru.

Georg Arborus
Half-elf (Outlander) Barbarian, True Neutral
AC 16 (shield)
Hit Points 14 (1d12 + 2)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
16 (+3)
14 (+2)
14 (+2)
8 (-1)
12 (+1)
13 (+1)
Saving Throws Str +5, Con +4
Skills Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Insight +3, Perception +3, Stealth +4, Survival +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Elvish, Primordial, Sylvan
FEATURES AND TRAITS
Proficiencies. Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, drums.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Rage (2/long rest). On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

• You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.
  • You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you
haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
Unarmored Defense. While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

ACTIONS
Battleaxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage or 1d10+2 bludgeoning damage two-handed.
Quarterstaff. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 bludgeoning damage or 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage two-handed.
Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+3 slashing damage.

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, trophy, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, 15 gp

Age 20
Height 5’9”
weight 190 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Personality
I feel far more comfortable around animals than people. And I was, in fact, raised by apes.

Ideals
Live and Let Live.
Meddling in the affairs of others only causes trouble.

Bonds
It is my duty to provide children to sustain my tribe. Of apes.

Flaws
I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.

Stendarr

Quote from: greenknight on May 30, 2018, 02:14:18 PMWhile you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Hmmm.