Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Please move this to the OOC kiddies. It's what it's there for. This is the recruitment thread, so therefore isn't the place for this conversation. Please and thank you. ;)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 25, 2016, 03:23:39 AM
Hey guys! :D Ok, so, in terms of T'Challa or Cho, you're right Knight; by "Illuminati," I meant the six founding members are off limits, not anybody who has ever been associated with them :P  So either way, whichever you decide :P

And Elven Sex Goddess, welcome! :D Like the choice of faceclaim, and I like a Runaway growing up and being part of The Avengers :D I do have to ask if you can flesh out the Background a little more - basic stuff like who her parents were, how old she was when she ran away, why she ran away, where she went when she ran away, how that ended and where she went next and how she eventually got to be part of the New Avengers. Just some bits and pieces to give it a little more meat, then we'll be able to transfer that bio across and you'll be golden. :-)

I fleshed out the background.   As for how she becomes part of the New Avengers.   I have gotten with Life in Color in responding to her PM  in regards to creating the origins in how the New Avengers come together.   Molly with her relationship with Avenger Academy, i.e.  Dr. Hank Pym and the robotic tutor from him for her and Klara is a good source for how she would become inclusive in the New Avengers.    As she always wanted to become a super heroine.   

Finally I like the idea,  of not having so much convoluted history with a character with different time arcs and such that would come with  say She-Hulk and or if had still open X-Men such as Rogue to play the bruiser/brawler.    As moving her forward in age allowed me to have a sort of carte blanc  with her.   

Vergil Tanner

That all looks good to me! :D I don't see any issues with it, and I like how you filled out the few years in between. ^_^ When Alix gets home, she'll take your bio, reformat it a little so the pictures all fit nicely and post it into the Bio thread. :-) In the meantime:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244437.0

Drop into the OOC and say Hi! :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Re Z L

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 24, 2016, 07:09:46 PM
Hello all! I've been scouted for a techie slot, so...

New Avengers! Assemble! *ahem* So I'd like to poll those on the New Avengers roster: would you prefer Amadeus Cho or T'Challa, alias Black Panther?

Already gave my opinion in the PM, but some other thoughts to consider I suppose~

Is Amadeus Cho going to be with his Hulk powers too?

If you go with T'Challa, how will that mesh with being king of Wakanda?
A&A

indarkestknight

Quote from: Re Z L on February 25, 2016, 08:18:24 PMIs Amadeus Cho going to be with his Hulk powers too?

No Hulk powers. Not even the Prince of Power, nor Hercules' mace. Just

8-)

Brain power.

Quote from: Re Z L on February 25, 2016, 08:18:24 PMIf you go with T'Challa, how will that mesh with being king of Wakanda?

Being king of Wakanda has never stopped him from previous involvement in the Avengers. To him, participating in the New Avengers initiative keeps appraised of threats to the world – and therefore threats to Wakanda – while keeping a close eye on the Avengers themselves, in case it's necessary to steer them away from decisions that would have a less than beneficial impact on Wakanda.

Kuroneko

I'm not part of the NA, but if this character is supposed to be the team techie, Cho seems like a better fit.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Writersblockade

That's what I was thinking. Super smart make anything techie vs very smart, but can also fight techie. You lose out on the more... exotic creations, but he's still pretty badass. I mean, he made falcon's wings before, and that was hi tech shit, but I don't know if he'll have that Reed Richards grasp on the really out there sciences, you know?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

indarkestknight

Both rank within the ten smartest people in the world in the Marvel universe. Amadeus has fluctuated, sometimes as high as sixth, sometimes as low as tenth. T'Challa has never been given a specific rank, but is confirmed to be one of the eight smartest.

Neither is Reed Richards, but you only need both hands to count the number of people in the world more likely to grok Reed Richards-level sciences than either of them are.

Life in Color

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 26, 2016, 06:24:56 AM
Both rank within the ten smartest people in the world in the Marvel universe.

Then, bb, play what you want.

As a Co-GM, and the IC lady in charge of the NAs.... Both work for the story.

But, the sooner you decide, the sooner we can do the thing.

<3

Writersblockade

It's like I tell people. You can go left, or you can go right. Just go somewhere.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

AmandaWho

If you're undecided and are still looking for input, then I would say Cho. He seems perfect.

indarkestknight

Settled on Amadeus. Going to knuckle down on filling out a profile after work. Figure I can stick with him for a while, see how it works out. If he doesn't end up clicking, T'Challa'll be my back-up.

Life in Color

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 26, 2016, 07:00:05 PM
Settled on Amadeus. Going to knuckle down on filling out a profile after work. Figure I can stick with him for a while, see how it works out. If he doesn't end up clicking, T'Challa'll be my back-up.

<3

Chaeronea

Working on my background for War Machine as the techie for the Wildcards.

Vergil Tanner

No problemo! In case you guys don't get your bios done and dusted by the time we start, we have an Intro ready for you :-) So if we've started the game by the time you finish up and get approved, you DO have a way to get involved which we'll tell you if it becomes relevant. So don't worry about that :D

indarkestknight

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name: Amadeus Cho
Alias: Mastermind Excello
Sexuality: Heterosexual Not Hercules' eromenos
Team Role: Techie

== Physical Description / Clothing ==

Amadeus Cho is a young man of Korean descent. He stands 5'6" tall and weighs approximately 117 lbs. In casual settings, he frequently wears t-shirts, jeans, jackets, and sneakers. Occasionally, these t-shirts are emblazoned with `XLO`. In addition, he has two "super suits". While one is a more traditional super suit, the other is a 100% Tibetan alpaca three-piece suit (descriptions are inconsistent as to whether the suit is Calvin Klein or Marc Jacobs). Both are outfitted with an artifical intelligence named Calvin and with Bannertech, protecting Amadeus with forcefields and granting him a universal translator, flight, and enhanced strength.

== Personality ==

Amadeus Cho is almost always the smartest person in the room, and he knows it. However, he is fully capable of recognizing when he isn't the smartest person in the room, too, having met many of the greatest minds in the world. He is both cocky and confident. He responds poorly when he perceives himself as being condescended to by those less intelligent or bullied, tending to dig in his heels. He is loyal to a fault, and likewise implacable to a fault. He has shown a manipulative streak, and he is not above manipulating other heroes to get what he wants. His greatest fear is that every bad event in his life has been his own fault.

== Key Skills ==

Powers:

• Brain power. Amadeus is consistently described as one of the ten most intelligent people in the world, sometimes ranking as high as sixth, though most frequently described as seventh. Pythagoras Dupree describes Amadeus Cho as a "hypermind".

He is shown to use his considerable intelligence to calculate vectors, trajectories, and probabilities to evade harm and has used his intellect to accomplish such feats as misdirecting a laser-guided missile with a Vespa's wing-mirror, and defeating a killer robot from outer space with a pebble.

Quote from: Amadeus ChoBut let's talk about the hypercomputer..capable of performing simultaneous infinite calculations...taking into account not just the binary of 0 and 1, dead/alive, black/white, German/Japanese...but the whole panoply of probabilities in any given situation, every possible quantum state...and through that act of measurement, that act of observing...he can determine the state, however unlikely, most favorable to him! ... You're not just trying to prevent me from finding this "hypercomputer", Pythagoras. You're trying to prevent me from realizing...that that's what I naturally am.

Skills:

Hacked into Iron Man's armor with a Nintendo Game Boy I shit you not.

Weaknesses:

• All of Amadeus' technological gadgets and gizmos are vulnerable to anything that would disrupt electronics. Further, absent a power source like Iron Man's arc reactor, they are all subject to finite reserves of power and cannot be used indefinitely without periodic recharging.

• Performing intensive calculations in rapid succession drains Amadeus' energy, leaving him exhausted. He requires an immediate intake of large amounts of food; in the absence of nourishment, his thoughts become increasingly muddled. He snacks frequently to forestall this. 

• Amadeus is loyal to a fault; likewise, when crossed, he is capable of being implacable to a fault. While these are not in and of themselves severe weaknesses, his intellect means his mistakes can have breath-taking consequences (further discussed below).

• Amadeus' intellect does not render him immune to poor judgement. In fact, his staggering intellect makes the errors in judgement he does make all the more catastrophic. His loyalty to the Hulk blinded him to the fact that the Hulk might actually become a genuine threat, even during the events of World War Hulk. He believed because the Hulk's rampages had, in the past, never resulted in the loss of innocent life that the Hulk would not go so far as to destroy the world.

Later, while on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D., viewing them as an immediate threat, Amadeus nearly uploaded a virus that would destroyed all S.H.I.E.L.D. technology, considering only the most effective way to neutralize the threat S.H.I.E.L.D. presented to him, not considering the broader implications of his actions and the potential global repercussions for crippling S.H.I.E.L.D.1

1 As these events are part of the World War Hulk crossover event, they did not, in fact, occur in the Marvel AU the game takes place in. These are merely used as examples of how Amadeus has erred in canon.

== Character Background ==

At the age of fifteen, Amadeus Cho earned the title of "Seventh Smartest Man in the World" by claiming the top place in the Excello Soap Company's internet quiz "show", Brain Flight. In short order, he was approached by an Agent Sexton and refused her offer to be trained by her agency. Not long after, Amadeus lost his parents and sister in an explosion, and found himself on the run from what he assumed was Sexton's agency, despite her claims another agency was responsible.

Pursued by helicopter, Amadeus was rescued by the Hulk, confirming Amadeus' belief that the Hulk was a hero, rather than the menace many believed him to be.

What followed were many adventures and misadventures as Amadeus sought the truth behind the forces that killed his parents and pursued him, Amadeus teaming up as often with Hulk's former teammate Hercules as with the Hulk himself.

Eventually, Amadeus learned that his sister, Madame "Maddy" Curie Cho, was, in fact, alive, and that it was the Excello Soap Company that had been pursuing him ever since the fateful day he placed first in Brain Flight. He headed to Excello, Utah alone to confront the mastermind, encountering Agent Sexton, revealing herself to be a former FBI Agent. Together, they matched wits with Pythagoras Dupree, the self-proclaimed "Sixth Smartest Man in the World". Amadeus was surprised to learn that Pythagoras did not, in fact, have Maddy at his mercy, as Amadeus had previously assumed – in fact Pythagoras was not even aware Amadeus had a sister.

Pythagoras revealed that over the years he had used his company, the Excello Soap Company, to sponsor events and challenges to find the best and brightest in the world, "hyperminds" that might rival his own... with the intention of murdering them. Pythagoras challenged Amadeus to "Russian roulette for hyperminds" in order to prove himself the smarter of them. After a tense standoff, however, Amadeus refused to play Pythagoras' game. Though Pythagoras had killed his parents and turned his life upside down, Amadeus had little to gain from winning, and everything to lose by losing. He didn't want to prove to Pythagoras that he was the smarter; he only wanted to find his sister. In despair, Pythagoras committed suicide.

Before leaving Excello, Amadeus identified "Agent Sexton" as having been Athena, Hercules' half-sister, all along. She, in turn, revealed that Pythagoras Dupree had been her mistake, that she had shaped him into the man he had become, and that Amadeus was her attempt to get right what she had done wrong with Pythagoras.

It was during his search for his sister that the Hulk went missing and the Avengers were effectively neutralized. Recognizing the need for Avengers should a significant threat arise, Amadeus joined the New Avengers, though he continued to scour the world for both his sister and the Hulk. Nevertheless, he was well aware that there would be little point in finding his sister or the Hulk if neglecting his responsibilities as a New Avenger led to the end of the world, and so he (not entirely happily) prioritized his work as a New Avenger over his continuing search, though when he could he split his time between the two.

== Character Extras ==

Amadeus' mother is Helen Cho, who played a role in the events of the MCU's Age of Ultron. GMs are free to incorporate or otherwise make use of that, if they so desire, and equally free to entirely disregard that.

Equipment:

Bannertech Teleportation Field

Classic Game Boy Micro – Very slightly modified to control a localized wormhole. Essentially a Bag of Holding, allowing him access to hammerspace. May or may not be the same Game Boy he used to hack Iron Man's suit.

Hacking Aide – For hacking War Machine on the fly.

• Super Suits – A traditional supersuit and a three-piece suit, each outfitted with an artifical intelligence named Calvin and with Bannertech, protecting Amadeus with forcefields and granting him a universal translator, flight, and enhanced strength.

• Vespa – Scooter!

• Walkman – Very slightly modified to control nearby electrical signals.

== Face Claim: ==
Yoo Seung-Ho

Theme Song:

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Life in Color

And the NAs are full.

I'll look over it and move it over after I'm out of this Chik-Fil-A line.

💕

Re Z L

Quote from: Life in Color on February 27, 2016, 01:39:00 PM
And the NAs are full.

I'll look over it and move it over after I'm out of this Chik-Fil-A line.

💕

What she means to say is, the Winning Team is full   ;D
A&A

Life in Color

indarkestknight

Life in Color

Kitty and Cho should be dance partners - it'd be rad.

Okay - go ahead and chatter over in the OOC.

I'm gonna put your sheet up now.

<3

Chaeronea

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name: James Rhodes
Alias: War Machine
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Team Role: Wildcards Techie

== Physical Description / Clothing ==
Standing five feet nine inches tall and weighing eighty kilograms James (or Rhodey as he is referred to by his friends) is not the most muscular man in the room, especially when that room contains metahumans. Instead he possesses the wiry defined build of a runner or athlete. He has a long lean face, not exceptionally handsome but not ugly either, falling into a pleasant yet average medium. His black hair is cut short in a buzz cut and his jaw is clean shaven, and he takes care to be well presented whenever possible, as a form of discipline from his time in the United States Air Force rather than personal vanity. His brown eyes can sparkle with warmth or turn as hard as steel, occasionally seeming weary when he lets memories of things best forgotten get the better of him.

Casual Attire
Having worked to attain the rank of Colonel in the United States Air Force James doesn't often get the chance to kick back and relax. Usually when he does get to relax he wears slacks and short-sleeved button-up shirts, or sweat pants and T-shirts similar to military PT uniform.

Tactical Attire
Not surprisingly the most common gear that Rhodey wears in the field is the power armour that Tony Stark gifted to him and the US military modified for him, six and a half feet of black and silver metal, hyper-advanced electronics and devastating weaponry makes James Rhodes a true War Machine on the field of battle. For those occasions when the War Machine armour is unavailable or not suited for field operations James will often wear standard combat fatigues, webbing and field gear, and carry advanced conventional weaponry such as a high-quality assault rifle or sound-suppressed submachine gun.

== Personality ==
James Rhodes has a businesslike and professional manner, focused on doing his job and doing it well. He works well with others, either as a leader or as a subordinate, and has little patience for selfish primadonnas (a fact which often caused tension with his friend Tony Stark). As a former combat pilot in the US Air Force and as an assistant to one of the founding members of the Avengers he has killed in battle, both on the ground and in the air. He can also be brutally pragmatic, willing to use lethal force in defence of what he sees as the greater good. Yet James takes no joy in killing and has a deep sense of empathy, believing that violence is only acceptable in defence of those who cannot defend themselves. In a number of cases he has put his own life at risk to save innocents, and the wanton killing of innocents enrages him. He also has a deep sense of compassion and responsibility, which led to him supporting Tony Stark through several of his battles with the bottle. Despite the differences between himself and Stark the two men share a number of qualities, including a demanding work ethic and a fascination with technology.

== Key Skills ==

Powers:
James Rhodes has no innate superhuman powers of his own, however the War Machine armour he wears lets him keep in combat with all but the most powerful superhumans.

Armour Construction: The War Machine armour is constructed from a carbon-composite compound with reinforced external armour, giving it durability slightly higher than that of the Iron Man armour.

Sensor System: Data is displayed on a HUD (Heads-Up Display) for the operator, showing targeting overlays, threat analysis, sensor data and suit status readouts. The optical readouts have infrared, light amplification and telescopic capability while the head data unit also includes a miniaturised short-range LPI radar array and sensor storage capacity.

Electronics: The War Machine suit's onboard communications array gives access to  short-wave radio, cellular and wi-fi networks.

Super-Strength: In the War Machine armour James Rhodes' strength is increased to the point where he can lift approximately 30 tons.

Flight: Using non-focused repulsor systems in the feet the War Machine armour can fly at speeds of up to Mach 3, increasing this to a maximum of Mach 8 with the air of the palm-mounted repulsors and reshaping of the suit's flight surfaces.

Life Support: The War Machine armour is fully sealed and possesses its own onboard oxygen supply, making it capable of operating in vacuum and underwater environments and also protecting the wearer against external gases.

Weapon Systems: As the name suggests the War Machine armour is heavily armed with a variety of ordnance.

Repulsors: A particle beam weapon delivering impact damage and repelling physical or energy attacks, the repulsor is as iconic a piece of Stark technology as theIron Man armour. The War Machine armour mounts one of these weapons in the palm of each gauntlet.

Unibeam: Mounted in the centre of the War Machine suit's chestplate the unibeam is a much more powerful version of the repulsor, although with a slower rate of fire and more restricted arc of fire due to its fixed mounting.

Modular Weapons Mounts: The original version of the War Machine armour built by Tony Stark carried additional fixed weaponry in forearm and shoulder mounts. After a number of adventures in the armour James Rhodes modified it by replacing the fixed mounts with modular systems, enabling the weapons to be swapped out for other weapons or systems to improve mission flexibility. The default loadout is listed below

- Twin-barreled 5.7mm Assault Carbine (Right Arm): Based on the FN P90 personal defence weapon this system fires armour-piercing rounds at nine hundred rounds per minute. The design of the 5.7mm round limits overpenetration and therefore reduces the risk of collateral damage, but still ensures penetration of a standard Kevlar vest at a range of 200 metres.

- Flamethrower (Left Arm): This device can project a stream of burning incendiary gel roughly twenty metres. Due to it's extremely short range it is used more for intimidation or for use against specific superhuman opponents.

- M-134 Gatling Gun (Right Shoulder): A six-barrelled 7.62mm electrically-powered Gatling gun, the M-134 is capable of firing 6000 rounds per minute. The M-134 mounted on the War Machine armour fires armour-piercing ammunition and can be activated in an autonomous point-defence mode to shoot down incoming missiles.

- Micro-Missile Launcher: This pod-mounted launcher holds up to eight micro-missiles, each of which can mount a warhead of such diverse types as standard high-explosive, armour-piercing shaped-charge, smoke, tear gas and incendiary.

Extra Modular Capabilities: Several weapons modules have been developed for the modular weapons mounts in more specialised roles. These include:
* Plasma blade (arm mounted) - a melee weapon consisting of a high-energy plasma field contained within a magnetic bottle, which can cut through any material weaker than adamantium
* Sonic cannon (arm or shoulder mounted) - a weapon capable of projecting sonic blasts capable of disorienting or stunning most targets without auditory protection. If the War Machine armour's onboard computer can calculate an object's resonant frequency then the sonic cannon can be used to shatter the object (provided the sonic cannon can produce sufficient output). The cannon can fire at individual targets or in a cone-shaped arc. Data files provided by Nick Fury with the weapon blueprints include the acoustic frequency ranges to which Klyntar (symbiotes such as Venom and Carnage) are most vulnerable, according to SHIELD's files.

Skills:
Expert Pilot: James Rhodes is a highly skilled pilot of small aircraft such as jet fighters, light  transports such as  executive jets and SHIELD Quinjets, and power armours such as the War Machine armour and the various Iron Man suits.

Expert Marksman: James is familiar with numerous air combat weapon systems such as those used on combat aircraft and the Iron Man and War Machine power armour. As part of his SERE training with the Air Force as well as a number of missions  assisting Iron Man he is also highly skilled with modern small arms.

Expert Engineer: He has always had an interest in technology and engineering as well as a knack for it, and earned a B.Sc in Electrical Engineering at MIT before attending the Air Force Academy. His studies into technology and engineering continued during his role liaising with various defence contractors and DARPA, and only intensified when he began working with Tony Stark, first as a liaison with Stark Industries as a defence contractor and then working alongside Iron Man as an unofficial sidekick. Rhodey is highly intelligent and skilled with most modern technology, especially electronics and aerospace technology. While his intellect and technical knowledge is not on the same level as Tony Stark prolonged operation and maintenance of various Iron man suits make him familiar enough to maintain and modify most power armour, including the War Machine suit he now operates.

Expert Hacker: With the prevalence of cyberwarfare and hacking in the modern world it is no surprise that James has encountered computer hacking targeting the Air Force, defence contractors and Iron man himself. As a result he has studied and taught himself extensively about computer programming and cyberwarfare, from both the offensive and defensive sides.

Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: In addition to the hand-to-hand combat training he received in the Air Force James Rhodes made a point of undertaking additional training with colleagues he met in the military. He is qualified in MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), the US Marine Corps combat style nicknamed 'Semper Fu', and in addition has received training from several of the Avengers during his time with that team.

Weaknesses:
As a normal human James is relatively vulnerable to injury outside of the War Machine armour. 

While he is known for being strong-willed and stubborn Rhodey's willpower is not in the superhuman range, leaving him relatively vulnerable to psionic attacks and intrusion.

== Character Background ==
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, James Rhodes was always fascinated by technology. Earning a scholarship to MIT he graduated with a B.Sc in Electrical Engineering but did not start up his own business as he originally intended. While attending MIT he joined the college's Air Force ROTC cadre and enlisted in the Air Force upon graduation, intending to go into the technical services. However his drive to succeed made him push himself to his limits, and he graduated from the US Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs as a fighter pilot, one of the Air Force's elite. His first taste of combat was during the initial invasion of Afghanistan, flying a F-15E Strike Eagle in support of ground troops. On one mission a Taliban surface-to-air missile brought his plane down, forced Rhodes to eject and embark on a gruelling two-day long trek, carrying his injured WSO (Weapon System Officer) with him and avoiding Taliban patrols until a rescue helicopter could bring them home.

While recovering from the injuries he had sustained from his ejection and escape Rhodes was transferred to a liaison position with several defence contractors to help oversee a new research project. His technical knowledge, stubborn nature and commitment to getting the job done right quickly gained him respect as well as assignment to further liaison roles. It was through this that he met a young weapons designer named Tony Stark, whose sheer intellect redefined the word 'genius'. Unfortunately Stark's erratic and hedonistic behaviour redefined the word 'maverick' , often driving Rhodes to distraction. However the two men managed to work well together and a friendship grew, to the point where Rhodes was assigned to work with or oversee any project which Stark presented to the Air Force as the inventor's unofficial minder.

The Jericho missile project was a turning point for the two men. The test-firing of the missile in Afghanistan went perfectly, but Stark was kidnapped and his escorts killed by a terrorist group dubbed the Ten Rings. Spurred by the memories of his own escape Rhodes coordinated the search effort and led the team  which eventually found his missing friend. After returning to the United States Stark continued the development of the power armour he had scratch-built to escape the Ten Rings, eventually debuting as Iron Man.

By the time Stark helped found the Avengers James Rhodes was well aware of his secret identity, and used his contacts within the American military to help keep his friend's identity secret until he publicly revealed it to the world. At times Rhodey assumed the identity of Iron Man and wore the various suits of armour when Tony Stark was unavailable or on a couple of occasions when he had decided to give up the Iron Man identity for a prolonged period of time for personal reasons. In his time as Iron Man James served as a member of the Avengers as well as a fiunding member of the West Coast Avegers.

It was after an incident when Tony's Iron man armour was electronically hijacked that he decided James Rhodes deserved a power armour of his own rather than a hand-me-down Iron man suit – not just because the world needed more heroes but because it needed one who could bring down a rogue Iron Man. The War Machine armour was built specifically for James Rhodes to use in combat, and he used it well as an officer of the USAF and as an Avenger.

At least until the original Avengers began disappearing.

It was the death of Steve Rogers that set James Rhodes on the path to joining the Wildcards. Tony Stark took Rogers' death quite hard and tried to drown his feelings of guilt with a non-stop alcoholic binge. Rhodey took administrative leave to support Stark (and deal with his own grief at Captain America's death) and make sure that his friend didn't do something rash and self-destructive. After a few weeks Rhodes received a summons from Nick Fury, who offered him a place on a team whose role would be to find out who was responsible for the missing or dead Avengers. The new team would need technical support which could keep up with them in battle, but Fury wanted him for something more. The leader of the new team was a former soldier who had bonded with the alien symbiote known as Venom, and while the current host was reliable Fury wanted a backup option to take down Venom in case the symbiote went out of control. He presented Rhodes with the blueprints for a sonic cannon which could be mounted on the War Machine armour and pointed out the danger that a rogue alien symbiote could cause. While the idea of possibly being forced to take down one of his new teammates didn't sit well with Rhodes the opportunity to join the Wildcards was too tempting, and so he accepted Fury's offer.

== Character Extras ==

== Face Claim: ==
Don Cheadle

Theme Song:
Citizen Soldier by Three Doors Down

Battle Theme
I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin

Vergil Tanner

The formatting is just the pictures, but I'll handle that when I put it in the Roster Thread. :D

Besides that, it looks good to me! I can't see anything missing...Once Life In Colour gets to look at it, we'll hopefully get you processed and in the game ASAP. :D :D