Dying illegal in french village

Started by Vekseid, March 08, 2008, 09:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

On pain of... what?

Quote from: articleIn an ordinance posted in the council offices, Mayor Gerard Lalanne told the 260 residents of the village of Sarpourenx that "all persons not having a plot in the cemetery and wishing to be buried in Sarpourenx are forbidden from dying in the parish."

It added: "Offenders will be severely punished."

Trieste

("Non! Non! Ne pouvez pas mourir ici! Non!")

No! No! You can't die here! No!

*pictures a big Friar Tuck sort of guy making shooing motions*

rainshadow

What about killing? I want to know if I can kill there. ;)
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

kongming

That'd probably make you an accessory/accomplice to their crime.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

rainshadow

Damn! Thwarted again!

I never think ahead. ;D
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Cherri Tart

so what, is it punishable by death?
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

kongming

It occurred to me that they could assign any punishment they like, or none at all: You're not going to have repeat offenders.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Hunter

I'd bet you have to make a court appearance then pay a fine.   ::)

Sabby

I suppose you'd have to be... dead on time. Da dun, boof

Elvi

I think that the Mayor is trying to make a point and that being that if you die, in a certain place, they are obliged to provide a place for you to be burried in.
(Which I believe is true of France, but don't quote me on it, here we have Parishes, that have more or less the same responcibilities.)

In banning death in his juristriction, he is saying that it is impossible to fullfill that obligation, if he is not allowed to extend the cemetry.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building