Songs needed - not a piracy request!

Started by kongming, March 07, 2008, 04:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

So, for Scriptfrenzy I will be writing a stageplay/musical. As I'm not selling it, nor taking it seriously, I'm just bastardising adapting existing songs for the musical parts.

So, I need a few suggestions. Specifically, a human guardsman gets cut off from his group, and meets a female eldar (space elf) who is cut off from hers. What with orks and daemons on the field, they know their only chance of survival is to work together.

At the end, surviving, they'll make their way back to his unit... and the Commissar immediately shouts "Wach out, there's a Xeno behind you!" and shoots the eldar. As she dies in his arms, he will sing his sad song.

The Commissar then realises she wasn't sneaking up on him, that the two were together, and that he just killed that guardsman's love...

So he shoots the guardsman for treason. This could be tragic and sad, or be done in a way to provide a bit of a chuckle.

At any rate, I need some suggestions for songs to either outright-steal or adapt, for that scene. I only have a small collection of sad songs, and they don't really seem to fit. The closest would be to gender-swap "My only love".

Ideas?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515