News:

Main Menu

Bioshock

Started by Sabby, March 03, 2008, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I love this game. Its easily one of the better titles of its year. Stories great, graphics amazing, frame rate now fixed via the update, water effects god damned incredible, and the gameplay dynamic and intense.

I love how your rewarded for smart play. My first run through wasn't too good. Mostly run and gun with offensive powers, and the enemies got too hard to kill. The second time through, I researched the enemies with the camera and actually spent the ADAM on tonics instead of powers. It was so much more fun when you know when your doing.

Easily the most useful Plasmid is Enrage, and its also the first available, and the cheapest. It was so fun to hit a passing bad guy with it, and watch him charge a Big Daddy with a pipe, then see him get smacked against a wall or onto a table. The physics are top notch too.

Anyone else play this? I know its a single player campaign, but I think theres enough reason to play it a few times.

ZK

Played through it completely, awesome game. If yet a bit easier compared to it's predecessor System Shock. Now there was a series that made you want to break your keyboard in half.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Creeper

I went through it, loved it, but found it a bit too easy at parts. I'm going through it again on hard and using all the freezing plasmids. Big daddies are monsters now.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Sabby

Freezing = Easy Hacking

I'm exploring the less obvious paths... in Fort Frolic, I came to a room where a bunch of corpses had been plastered and arranged as if welcoming me in. As I was leaving, the bodies had gone. I was kind of... o.o wtf? I don't know if this was a glitch or not, but they had ran outside and started killing Splicers. It was total war. I went outside and it was just fire and guns and screams, white plastered Splicers killing everyone they came across. Didn't really make sense.

Then I entered that huge flooded room, and turned around and was like.... "That statue wasn't there before"

The Lotus Eater

Awesome game, very atmospheric and not easily forgotten.  What a bloody horrible shame it's an FPS.  Well, I mean a shame for me because I'll likely never play it for more than twenty minutes before growing bored of the idea of doing nothing but shooting people ALL game.  Still, I got to enjoy much of it over a friend's shoulder.  I imagine it's great to play late at night when you're alone.  If I'm throwing my personal preferences aside I'd give it, quite realistically, a 95% awesomeness rating.

I mean come on...

BEE HANDS!!! 
~~~

Sabby

Incinerate. For the pyromaniac that we all were in school ;D

And I thought the guns were great. Ever beefed up a pistol to its full power? Its all chunky and old skool XD

And has anyone gotten the Call Big Daddy Plasmid?