Sword Art Online (SAO) CLOSED

Started by seekeroftruth22, March 17, 2014, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekeroftruth22

I would like to play a group RP with in the world of SAO, if you don't know what that is I highly suggest you look it up its a great anime, for this group im looking for 3-4 people to have a "party" with, we can start from day 1 or go straight to the first boss battle this will be a group choice. I will be playing a character as well as controlling the NPC's and monsters so I will ask that you don't pull a "Leroy Jenkins" on the group or I will kill you, I don't care what lvl you are stupidity will end in death and makes it a thousand times harder on me.

now looks can be anything you want, real, anime, drawn, literally anything you wish to use, preferred fighting style is the way you fight such as Kirito and his single sword style, Asuna and her lightning fast rapier, Klein and his katana, ect, ect,  (no duel wielding yet, I will make up elite styles for each) beginning weapon will depend on your style and where we begin in the game

Character sheet:

in-game name:
preferred fighting style:
beginning weapon:
history and real world skills:
looks:

EDIT: I want to state that I don't own, and will never own anything related to SAO that is unless I win the lottery then its the first thing im buying XD

Seekeroftruth22

in-game name: Seras
preferred fighting style: single handed swords
beginning weapon: katana
history and real world skills: Serena was a hacker by trade, she learned everything she knew from her father he was a programmer and helped create the world of SAO. Serena would often hack her fathers programs just for fun. one of the times she hacked his computer she found information on the game called Sword art online and she knew she had to have this game so with a few more hacks here and there she rewrote part of the distribution programed and had one of the copies delivered to her house along with a full set of nerve gear, she spent days practicing with the nerve gear while waiting for SAO to come online and when the time finally came she was one of the first 100 people to log on
looks:
ingame
real

Silk

in-game name: Alexis
preferred fighting style: daggers, throwing daggers
beginning weapon: iron dagger 20 throwing knifes
history and real world skills:
Calling Miki an Otaku is a understatement, particularly those of Japanese history, although she is genuinely kind and considerate of others, the stigma of her obsession has caused her to be reserved, after the announcement of SAO, Miki felt that it would be the perfect opportunity to be respected for something she loved doing. Being as obsessive as to practice with her chosen weapons in Dagger and throwing knife prior to the games release
looks:
ingame
Reality

pendarious

In-Game Name: Kenjirou (Kenji For Short)

Preferred Fighting Style: two handed axes (Halberd)
Starting weapon: Two handed iron axe

History and Real World Skills: Yuuya is a collage student with too much free time on his hands. When he isn't playing video games or doing class work he is out doing odd jobs for people so he has a variety of random skills. He is skilled at lock picking (which he's not proud of), good at calculating the angle and force required for cutting various objects, observing and listening to people (again not entirely proud of this), fixing broken bikes and televisions (with a few tries and scorch marks from being shocked), and of course balancing several heavy objects. When he goes out he has the tendency to flirt with girls though he's always quick to leave them alone if they ask him to.

in game

real life

Daril

In-game name: Robin
Preferred fighting style: Archery
Beginning weapon: Short Bow?
History and real world skills: Hiroko is a university student and a former high school archery champion.  Her family runs a small shrine where she has sometimes worked part time as a shrine maiden.  She was not much of a gamer but was introduced to SAO by a younger student in her university archery club who played the beta for the game.
Looks: This is about as close as I could get for something for the "real" Hiroko.  She should have a beauty mark on the left side of her face just below her mouth.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Siereis

Interested with a few questions:
1). Rules based fighting or freeform?
2).  Can you elaborate at all on plot?  I know the basics of SAO, but was curious what you wajted your rp to be like.
3).  Can you elaborate on sexual content in the rp?  Any detailz on your expectation as GM is appreciated.

seekeroftruth22

THANK YOU FOR ASKING (I was wondering when some one would) rules of fighting are more like freedom then normal game fighting. dodging and attacking are all up to the character.

the plot is surviving this nightmare and learning to live in this nightmare where the only thing between you and death is your courage and your weapon. there's not much plot to go on when your trapped in a virtual world until all 100 floors are cleared besides clearing those floors.

as for sexual content that will be up to each player, im putting in a "adult content" button in the menu that can be turned on and off with just a swipe of your hand. if you want to have sex with someone I suggest you message them with how far each are of you are willing to go.

Daril

I've got an archer girl from a now-dead SAO RPG on this board I might be able to use.  Though I'm not sure how well she'd fit into this game since she tends heavily towards the yuri side of the spectrum.  Probably depends a bit on who else joins in.

seekeroftruth22

well I plan on planning a female anyway so she'll fit right in!

seekeroftruth22

also for those who are making a character, Pm them to me please!

Daril

Would it not make sense for people to post them here so they can see how the party as a whole is shaping up?

seekeroftruth22

I will be posting them here myself after I approve them.

Daril

I'm a bit pressed for time tonight.  Can I nab one of the player slots and submit a character profile to you tomorrow (I might use the yuri archer girl or come up with a new character)?  If you don't like what I submit you can reject it and open the slot to someone else.

seekeroftruth22

the slot is yours, lets see what you come up with

zenpai

I have to ask is there a blade master style. I mean someone who can use any type of weapon with a blade. Or is it based more on weapon class. I mean can an axe wielder use a scythe. A scythe is a pole axe. Then there there are the hatchet and battle axe. One handed axe or two handed axe.  In other words if your a axe wielder can you use any type of axe or just one type of axe
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

seekeroftruth22

if you use a two handed battle-axe you would be considered a large axe wielder which includes all two handed axes and scythe's if you use a one handed axe then that's a light axe style so everything from a hatchet to a wood cutters axe. most weapons types that have one handed and two handed will be split into two types.

now any one can use any weapon they want even if its not your original style and it is possible to learn a bit from every style but you would be so week in them that you would never become elite with any of them. the more levels you have in a style of fighting the more damage you will do with that style of weapons

Silk

I'd love to join in on this if you wouldn't mind, I might even revive an old Sao concept too :3

seekeroftruth22

your more then welcome to join us Silk, just message me your character and I'll approve it

seekeroftruth22

Silk is approved, 3 slots left! characters will be posted on the first message

pendarious

eh why the hell not....guess I'll throw my hat into this ring too.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

seekeroftruth22

welcome aboard just message me your character and we'll see you in Beginner City!

seekeroftruth22

pendarious  is approved! 3 of 5 spots taken one spot is on hold for Daril he has until tomorrow night to either ask for more time or send me a character

Sessha

I'm the other person Daril talked to and I'll go ahead and throw my lot in.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Sessha

Well here is my old character. I hope she works for people.

Well here is my character.

Profile for Annelotte/Misa Hikaru

Player (Real World Identity): Misa Hikaru

Screen Name: Annelotte

IRL Appearance:  

Personality: Misa is a hard fighter but a kind person by heart with a love of playing games. Misa grew-up on a steady diet of Table Top pencil and paper RPGs. She'd played many of the classics from D&D to some of the more obscure games. So playing RPGs was in her blood when she got the chance to enjoy SAO since it was a strictly blade-magic based game.However all that changed with the revelation that they couldn't log out. She was intially distraught but then she helped save the life of another player so she decided she would put her skills forward to help others so they could log out. She generally tries to help others when she can as helping each other is the only way any of them would make it out alive. Being older than alot of the other players of SAO she's come to be a big sister to alot of the younger players. Her goals are to get out of this alive and get back to her normal life.

Floor 1

Level: 14

HP: 14,000(?)

Equipment: Steel Breastplate,  Two-handed Straight Steel Sword

Skills:
Heavy Metal Plate
Parry
Battle Healing
Emergency Recovery
Two-Handed Swords
Slash Weapon Forging
Detection
Listening
Night Vision
X-Ray Vision
Sprint
Extended Weight Limit

Sword Skills

Straight Sword

Horizontal Basic horizontal slashing attack (1 hit).
Vertical Basic vertical slashing attack (1 hit).
Slant Basic diagonal slashing attack (1 hit).
Thrust Basic thrusting attack (1 hit).

seekeroftruth22

alright all slots are filled, Sessha just fill out the sheet and send it over messages so we can get this started

seekeroftruth22

Sessha please fill out the character sheet that's in the first message, your other skills will be added when you gain first lvl with them

Sessha

I'll work on it when I get home later tonight. Though I was under the impression all the skills each character selected before they got trapped. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just asking is all nothing more.

Silk

I think were running more of a "runescape" way for skills in that, you got access to everything, but you only do it well if you actually bothered to train it.

pendarious

I admit that when I was explaining to Sessha when I was running that other SAO game I forgot to mention that according to the light novels you do have access to basically everything but you can't do it if you don't put points into it (or it's not on your list because it's one of the hidden skills you need a pre-requisite for like the Katana which you have to have points in 1 handed curved swords for)

I just had people list the skills that they were going to focus on.

the way the light novel describes it is something like this:

The list of skills is presented and you have a sub list of 12 slots you put a point into 12 skills on the list and they are added to your sub list. You are now able to perform the 12 skills on your sub list but those are the only 12 you can actively use unless you remove them from the list. You don't lose the points in the skill you remove but you do have to start from scratch in the new skill that replaces it unless you switch skills in and out alot.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

seekeroftruth22

silk is correct, you only become good at something when you train it, same with (from what I got) SAO anime series, every one has the same skills in the beginning but you will suck at certain things if you don't train them

pendarious

*shrugs* or that's how we'll do it I guess

seekeroftruth22

Sessha

Ok I finally got around to making my character the way she should be for the thread.

in-game name: Annelotte
preferred fighting style: two-handed straight sword
beginning weapon: steel bastard sword
history and real world skills: Misa grew-up on a steady diet of Table Top pencil and paper RPGs and anime. She'd played many of the classics from D&D to some of the more obscure games. So playing RPGs was in her blood when she got the chance to enjoy SAO. Since she was a girl Misa had loved the idea of using magic in combination with weapons. She lepted at the concept behind SAO since it deviated from the normal MMO motiff since it was a strictly blade-magic based game. Misa is a kind-hearted and funny woman who's at home with both kids and adults, plus her years of doing table top pencil and paper RPGs she's got a good handle on how to develope a character concept. 
looks: IRL Appearance: