The Suikoden Project

Started by ZK, February 15, 2009, 01:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Odd as this may sound, but I want to do a Suikoden game. It'd venture off after the events of III possibly in another dimension. As the Suikoden world is many worlds in the Infinity that is described (Suikoden Tierkreis is a spin-off and uses this type... it's also considered canon in the events that happen in the world it transcribes). It'd either be freeform or something simple like an Unisystem play.

Anyone interested? And more details will be revealed as we go along.

Also, no one can have a True Rune, but you can have unique Runes and the run of the mill everyday Runes and more powerful runes.

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ZK

http://www.suikosource.com/ For those that need information about the series and so on. :D

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

dready

i'd join, but the information i'm looking for (which is character types and similar information) is being elusive. the link you posted helped a little, but i'm still having trouble with it.

btw, is this the game where you use monsters you capture to fight for you?

CirclMastr

I'd be interested, but I've only played about a quarter to a third of Suikoden V, so I'm not exactly qualified with the setting.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

ZK

The setting knowledge isn't really needed to be known. It's helpful, but it isn't needed.

And no, it isn't the game that you use monsters to fight with you.

It's loosely based off the Chinese story The Water Margin.

It's basically (each Suikoden) ends up with a great menace, the main character gets a True Rune, some force tries to take over/rule/destroy the world (usually another nation is backed by said power), they go to war and the hero collects 108 stars of destiny to do it.

Runes are mystical sigils (that look like tattoos but easily removed and applied with a rune master) that grant power. Only three can be equipped. True Runes cannot be removed unless it's via outside force (A being of exceptional power not of that dimension [I.E. Fog Ship Guide in Suikoden IV]), the Rune bearer dies (via Rune or other methods) and it passes on. Unique Runes are granted at birth and cannot be passed on. Although it may be passed on in a hereditary bit. But even that is uncertain. And then there are the common runes. One everyone can apply, take off and apply again.

The players would be a part of the 108 Stars of Destiny, just to clear things up, no one would be the main protagonist, He'll be an NPC. BUT, your actions do indeed sway how the game will go. I did it that way no one could say I was playing favorites and I didn't care to have one PC overshine another.

CirclMastr

Well, count me in. :)  I just need to give some thought to a character concept.  I'm guessing I should read up on Suikoden III?  (Or maybe play the copy that's sitting on my shelf, heh.)
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

dready

ooo how many common runes would we be able to start off with? and is there a list of all of the different kinds of runes that are in the games? :3

btw, i'm definately in since it was explained so well. ^3^

Violence

My first day in here, and I look in and see a request for "The Suikoden Project"...

"As in my favorite RPG series of all time?" I ask myself.  Certainly it couldn't be.  I've always had such a hard time even finding people who've played it, let alone who are interested in it enough to further RP it... "Perhaps there's some other media called Suikoden," I wonder... even entertaining the idea that it was Outlaws of the Marsh (the Chinese story the Suikoden games were loosely based on.  The Japanese title of that story is Suikoden as well).

But no.  How pleasantly surprised am I to actually see that yes, in deed, you did mean Suikoden... the Konami RPG that I love so much? ^.^  Well, very pleasantly surprised, let me tell you.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

ZK

Humans, Elves, et cetera can only have a Maximum of 3 runes.

One on each hand and one on the head.

I'm electing the players can be someone with an Unique Rune in place of a standard rune as a part of the 108 Stars of Destiny.

It isn't required to play as it isn't in the same world, but one of the many worlds of Infinity. Only a few characters capable of multidimensional travel will appear in the actual game.

dready

if a user of the runes has one rune on one hand, and attacks via unarmed combat, would the rune in that area go for the entire body? or just the hand it's on?

ZK

Those are the locations of the Runes. You can have a rune on both hands and your head and not be a full blow rune user. Some runes only boost stats, types of effects or give a special attack. Rune Masters (aka Mages) are the ones who can get the most out of a rune, but even then. Still, you can use a sword and be nifty with a Rune too.

dready

so a monk like person could get a boost of speed, a slight elemental attack, and a force sort of protection that would be able to span over his entire body? @3@ that's what i wanna play. ^3^

ZK

The majority of Runes are Elemental based unless otherwise.

How about having an Unique Rune (Falcon Rune) which allows you to attack at a blinding speed in a flurry of attacks and an Earth Rune? That basically covers (full party protection) and individual immunity to rune magic for an attack.

After consideration, I've also decided to allow Signature Runes. The true unique to said character Runes.

That goes from Basic/Advanced Runes, Unique Runes, and Signature Runes.

In honesty, I have no idea why Unique Runes are called that. They're unique I suppose, but a lot are the same. Probably because they're brought through heredity.

Signature Runes are only specific types of Runes, much like True Runes, only exist on one person or place at a time. Meaning, no one else can get them. As for how they come to be, it isn't really said. Perhaps the power of the Runes form in this specific person as a spark of greatness.

As only the 108 Stars of Destiny or major villains have possessed Signature Runes (Like Yuber for example.)

Also, this game isn't a sexual orientated game, BUT, it is allowed and not discouraged if the players wish to pursue one another.

Arlyn

I like this idea.  Suikoden is one of my favorite RPG series of all time... and I own all of the ones out for the Playstation and PS2, so I think I'd be able to keep up fairly well.

ZK

To keep customization up and to keep people happy, as I stated before. This will be in a parallel world that resides within Infinity. So, people don't have to study up on the history, just a few facets and to allow more customization for me, as the person running the game to go wild with it.

dready

Quote from: ZK on February 16, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
The majority of Runes are Elemental based unless otherwise.

How about having an Unique Rune (Falcon Rune) which allows you to attack at a blinding speed in a flurry of attacks and an Earth Rune? That basically covers (full party protection) and individual immunity to rune magic for an attack.
awesome. and as for the signature rune i'd like to apply for:

short range teleport
able to peirce through defences (natural ones)
or able to quickly make a small defense like object. (small earth sheild or the like) :3

ZK

Okies people.

Please show a hands of those interested.

Arlyn

I hereby raise my hand in support and interest of your idea, ZK.

dready

*raises hand enthusiastically* oh oh pick me! :3

Rayne Urito

Suikoden is relevant to my interests.

Wrestling storage lady. >> <<

Geek Lover 64

I could definitely enjoy this.