Warhammer 2nd Ed. FRP; Looking for existing or GM

Started by Lunar Raven, December 25, 2015, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Gore free, no intersex, kk

ererruz I'd say Academic Knowledge (Law) makes most sense for you.

I'm bi myself so no issues here with any combination of genders'n such.

ererruz

Aldric Lubrecht, a Priest of the Gods of Law, is ready. Will write a short backstory tomorrow.

Jezabelle

Not to play matchmaker but it looks like the party has two pretty obvious parings, 1 M\M the other F/F.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 16, 2016, 02:32:51 PM
The book gets über confusing about careers.  I believe you can only follow your current careers exits unless you pay doubL to swap into another basic.  If there's no otheruling on it, I'd say you can pay double and go back to a career you might have branched off to but didn't, as that seems like a logical thing to allow.
Need to find the exact quotation and pages, but you pay 200 xp if you want to change to a basic career that is not on your exit list.  You are also permitted to change (at the usual 100 xp) to the exit career of your last career, but not any careers before that.

I'm on the bi side of things myself.  I generally have my characters het-flexible (generally female seeking, but on occasion they'll swing the other way - though generally for fem-looking men rather than manly looking ones).  You can pretty much feature anything on my O/Os, though I'll defer to the lowest tolerance of others when it comes to what's featured.

I will try to be ready by Saturday, though my current state of work and poor health has conspired to stamp down on my muse in recent times, though, in theory, it's okay by me.

Anyone want to work on meeting-up backgrounds?

For those unfamiliar with the Warhammer world, Bretonnian nobles are largely generally considered self-entitled, self-important pricks at best and pompous asses who look down on everyone at worst (though Devin won't be either; more self absorbed with his personal worries more-like).  Their official religion is the Lady of the Lake (noble religion) though other, more traditional gods, are worshipped as well (peasant religion); on that note, that's the big dividing line of Bretonnia - nobles and peasants - there are actually laws for nobles (pretty lenient) and separate laws for peasants (extremely harsh).

Devin is on a quest to become a grail knight (holy knights that is blessed by and directly serve the Lady of the Lake [she's actually real]; most on the path just make a nuisances of themselves and eventually give up after facing real danger, but those who make it really shine as a beacon of light in the world).  As an aspirant, Devin more or less goes where there is trouble and wrongs that need to be righted, mainly in the hopes that by his deeds of charity and valour, the Lady of the Lake will see it fit to notice and directly give him a vision of a great quest destined for him to do.

For a Bretonnian, Devin isn't bombastic and arrogant as most, though like any Bretonnian, he loves his wine when he gets the chance.  He'll happily talk about his homeland, but will only get really enthusiastic if he thinks someone is genuinely interested.  Otherwise, he's a friendly sort who could stand to loosen up a little at times.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

freeko

Did I post my character yet or am I missing something that I need to do?

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 17, 2016, 10:02:48 AM
Did I post my character yet or am I missing something that I need to do?
Doesn't look like you did.  If so the quickest way to tell is showing us.

freeko

Guess I can do that later. Got stuck working for the next forever with a baseball game. A fate worse than death this is

DomJoe

Quote from: DomJoe on March 16, 2016, 03:26:09 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81cxZbXH1xfVUZqY0ZjMlJIRkE/view

Alright, hopefully this works... and it does, thank god.

Image for my character: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/ec/3c/f2ec3c02b60194f8ede3e779257eee53.jpg
Will work out vague backstory and other ideas tomorrow.

Alright, time to add in some character details.

Name: Elenaril Daefir
Birthplace: Laurelorn Forest
Starsign: Vobist the Faint (Darkness and Uncertainty)
Orientation: Bisexual
Siblings: 2 Sisters

Backstory: Elenaril's parents were a pair of Outlaws, rather content to take their living from other beings (especially human merchants) as they traveled about the lands. When Elenaril was born, the first of their children, they tried to raise her as best they could, but as they started having more children, they realized they couldn't keep up this lifestyle and their family. They left the children with friends at Laurelorn Forest, hoping that they would be raised as good citizens rather than Outlaws like them. However, Elenaril would show that she did not fall far from the tree herself. She had a reputation for sticky fingers at a young age, as wasn't content with living in the forest like her younger sisters were. Eventually, she struck off on her own, in order to find her parents and join in on the "family business", feeling her talents were much better suited traveling about then staying in one place.

Note: Being that Elenaril isn't stupid, she will say that she is an Elven Scout, rather than an Outlaw, although she will mention that she is looking for her parents. This would be her main reason for heading so far out into the world.

Ons: Tentacles, Demons, Monsters, Bestiality, Gangbangs, Rough Sex, Exhibitionism. There are others, but these are probably the most relevant.
Offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Watersports, Heavy Bondage

Jezabelle

Quote from: DomJoe on March 17, 2016, 01:50:05 PM
Alright, time to add in some character details.

Name: Elenaril Daefir
Birthplace: Laurelorn Forest
Starsign: Vobist the Faint (Darkness and Uncertainty)
Orientation: Bisexual
Siblings: 2 Sisters

Backstory: Elenaril's parents were a pair of Outlaws, rather content to take their living from other beings (especially human merchants) as they traveled about the lands. When Elenaril was born, the first of their children, they tried to raise her as best they could, but as they started having more children, they realized they couldn't keep up this lifestyle and their family. They left the children with friends at Laurelorn Forest, hoping that they would be raised as good citizens rather than Outlaws like them. However, Elenaril would show that she did not fall far from the tree herself. She had a reputation for sticky fingers at a young age, as wasn't content with living in the forest like her younger sisters were. Eventually, she struck off on her own, in order to find her parents and join in on the "family business", feeling her talents were much better suited traveling about then staying in one place.

Note: Being that Elenaril isn't stupid, she will say that she is an Elven Scout, rather than an Outlaw, although she will mention that she is looking for her parents. This would be her main reason for heading so far out into the world.

Ons: Tentacles, Demons, Monsters, Bestiality, Gangbangs, Rough Sex, Exhibitionism. There are others, but these are probably the most relevant.
Offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Watersports, Heavy Bondage

That works.  Just further confirmation that we'll be having no bathroom business or mutilation.  Lots of people not in favour of Heavy Bondage though, so I assume shackles &etc are fine but nothing creative with the ropes?  Not that iExpect it to come up.

Although it does occur to me y'all can lose eyes\hands\etc if you take critical wounds... as long as it's not part of sexytimes are we OK with this?

freeko

Ideally prefer to not be mutilated. Though I just want this shitty baseball scrimmage to end so I can watch basketball and post my character.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 17, 2016, 05:48:44 PM
That works.  Just further confirmation that we'll be having no bathroom business or mutilation.  Lots of people not in favour of Heavy Bondage though, so I assume shackles &etc are fine but nothing creative with the ropes?  Not that iExpect it to come up.

Although it does occur to me y'all can lose eyes\hands\etc if you take critical wounds... as long as it's not part of sexytimes are we OK with this?
Works for me.  Though I'd rather not have to lose them in the first place, lol :P

As an alternative, rather than have a bunch of limbless, eyeless players, maybe the injuries (which hardly makes for appealing characters) just take a long time to heal? (a few weeks to a month maybe?)
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

freeko

How do I take that character I popped out of the generator and put it into a useful form? Do I just port it into mythweavers manually?

Muse

MEep! 

I didn't know we'd found a GM!  May I play? 

I've got a doctor's apointmnet in dallas.  May not be back 'til late saturday or early sunday. 

Do we have an aprentice wizard type? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jezabelle

Quote from: Muse on March 17, 2016, 11:17:14 PM
  MEep! 

I didn't know we'd found a GM!  May I play? 

I've got a doctor's apointmnet in dallas.  May not be back 'til late saturday or early sunday. 

Do we have an aprentice wizard type?

Always welcome Muse.

We can gently integrate you if we do get rolling on Saturday but my feeling is that though we may still start on Sat it won't be "full steam ahead" mode for many of us.

There's two females, one an Entertainer and one an Outlaw, and then there's a Priest of a God of Law (who I'm taking to be a fringe religion sometimes prosecuted for potential connections with Chaos) and a Brettanian Grail Knight.  They'll be in southern Wissenland with early incentive to cross the Black Mountains south into the Border Princes--plenty of room for an apprentice mage.

Muse

Awesome. I'll come up with her as soon as I can. Starting characters. Any thing I need to know about generation. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ererruz

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 17, 2016, 05:48:44 PM

I'd prefer not to be maimed or dismembered no matter what, especially that it's E. but if it's an unavoidable part of the setting, I guess that's fine. But I like Lunar Raven's suggestion.

Muse, we all used a character generator linked somewhere earlier in the thread (previous page I think?).

freeko

How do i get the character generated from the generator onto something you can see?

Muse

Ack.  Character generators.  Is it acceptable to just use my own books, dice, and word processor? 

I can use the Elliquiy dice bot if it'll help. 

ererruz

Quote from: Muse on March 18, 2016, 10:00:41 AM
  Ack.  Character generators.  Is it acceptable to just use my own books, dice, and word processor? 

That's a question to our GM but this generator is really simple! You just choose your race, your starting career and then it rolls for everything (you can still choose skills or talents you normally can choose). As for name, appearance, background etc. you can change it to anything you want. Even though I generally prefer doing everything the usual way, I found it very intuitive and easy to use.

freeko

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 08:26:15 AM
How do i get the character generated from the generator onto something you can see?

Someone answer this? I have had a character for 4 days now fundamentally done but I have no idea how to take what is there and do whatever with it so that I have an "official" character.

I will be unavailable over the weekend most likely so that means I likely get ignored until after the start of the game if things hold true since no one bothered answering the first two times I asked this question previously.

ererruz

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 12:13:23 PM
Someone answer this? I have had a character for 4 days now fundamentally done but I have no idea how to take what is there and do whatever with it so that I have an "official" character.

I will be unavailable over the weekend most likely so that means I likely get ignored until after the start of the game if things hold true since no one bothered answering the first two times I asked this question previously.

If you've finished the creation process, you need to export to a PDF file, download it and then put it up somewhere (I think everyone's used googledrive so far).

Jezabelle

Quote from: Muse on March 18, 2016, 10:00:41 AM

The generator is just a very smooth alternative, but if that's not your preference s'okay.

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 12:13:23 PM

You just do the .pdf download and upload it someplace like imgur and then post it somewhere else.  Or copy over the stats manually.  There's not really an easy answer and your question isn't exactly clear--what's an "official" character?  One you can use?  As long as you've spent the free advance+picked the either\ors at the bottom like you said you have your character is completely ready to go.

freeko

Well, there it is, I doubt im going to run with 180lbs though so I guess the first part is fairly irrelevant

part 1

part 2

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 06:03:32 PM
Well, there it is, I doubt im going to run with 180lbs though so I guess the first part is fairly irrelevant

part 1

part 2

You get the fuller sheet from clicking the Export to .pdf button at the top of the page, which tells you about your inventory.

That's basically all y'need tho.