Here we are again (A college based rp)

Started by Jante, June 15, 2010, 02:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jante

"Have a nice day." Tanya said, smiling brightly at the pretty Swedish exchange student before sighing deeply. It seemed like they were getting a few foreign transfers lately. More so than last year anyways. She'd have to round up her friends together or something and scope out the new kids. She grinned mischievously before turning to the coffee machine, taking a fresh cloth as she began to wipe it down. It wasn't too often when she got to clean during her shift, it was always so busy but lately the crowds that come by have died down quite a bit...

SxyCowgirl

"Excuse me." Rose said, trying to get the girl behind the counter's attention. A strand of her short dark hair blew into her face as the door opened, letting in a warm burst of air. A bit annoyed with it, she pushed it out of her tan face, her almond shaped golden eyes almost glowing.

She didn't like her eyes. They drew too much attention and with her skin being so dark year round, people always mistook her for an Indian or someone from Africa somewhere. Truth was, he home was in England. She had lived there her entire life and had the thick accent to prove it.

Now she was here. She had had to get away from home, though there wasn't much of it left. She couldn't stand to see her life fall apart around her so she decided to transfer here. But now she was more or less alone, no friends, and even when she tried to make friends, most shied away from her because of her eye color. She sighed, as this all ran through her head.
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/
I've not had a chance to update it here as of yet.
Sorry for any delay in responses.
Real life is really rough right now.

Jante

Tanya turned at the voice and smiled at the soft voice. She was surprised to see the girl that stood before her... she was... beautiful; and extremely exotic looking. "Hello. What can I get for you?" she said as she placed the cloth beside the espresso machine. She'd heard of this girl before, the mysterious girl with the beautiful tan skin and her strange looking eyes. That's what she'd heard on campus anyways, the girls' eyes were actually very pretty.

SxyCowgirl

Rose was a bit shocked at the girl's expression. Not like the fear or apprehension she had been met with up until now. No. It was something...different. "Could I please have a mocha on ice?" She asked, setting her leather shoulder bag on the counter. She didn't like purses. They tended to get lost or stolen to easily. She opened it and pulled out a few dollar bills. She liked this currency. It was unique and had wonderful colors on it. She also noticed a lot of little things like numbers hidden in the pictures and letters too. It amused her.

Feeling someone else's eyes on her she looked around the room to see a number of people staring at her. She blushed and tried to cover her face some with her hair. Why must I be able to feel people's eyes on me.... She thought to herself irritatedly.
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/

Jante

Tanya nodded, "Comin' right up!" She said cheerfully as she bent below the counter to grab a tall glass. "So, you're one of the new exchange students, right?" she asked as she scooped in some ice. "How are you likin' it here?" She liked having regular customers and the best way to do that was to be nice and sociable! Plus this girl was very interesting as it was. She could only wonder where she was from... her skin was tan... so maybe she was Asian but her eyes were so unique, she couldn't think of what race was known for eyes like that... maybe there was none. This girl was extra extra unique! Either way, when the girl spoke, it was very obvious she was from England, or had lived there for a long time anyways.

Kaiser Maverick

Dante entered the coffee shop as per any normal shop.But this one felt different.His brown eyes switched from light to dark every few minutes.He stood behind a woman in line with dark hair.He pulled out his cell phone to check the time so he would'nt be late.It was his first day so he needed to make a good impression.But in order to do that he needed coffee.He slide his phone back into his pocket and pulled out a class schedule from his black and sliver messenger bag.His eyes scrolled up and down the list trying to memorize his class order.

LimitlessNikkie

The place smelled strongly of coffee easing my frayed nerves. It was always hard adjusting to a new place, every time I think it'll get easier it never does. Quickly I retreat to the darkest corner and sit down at a small table taking of the jacket that is irritating my too sensitive skin and taking off the sunglasses that irritate me just because I have to use them so much of the time.
Flipping my long red hair over my shoulder I glanced around the coffee shop and noticed everyone staring at one girl and watched her shy away from the unwanted attention. I was interested. Taking a quick look in my mirror to make sure there were no burns on my face and smoothing the light black eye liner lining a pair of too bright green eyes I put away the mirror and walked across the room to the girl.
Casually leaning against the counter I got my first good look at her  "A bit too much unwanted attention?" I asked in my light unmistakable french accent while tilting my head to indicate the crowd still staring.

SxyCowgirl

"Um...well it's a beautiful campus anyway. And the classes are interesting in the least." The feeling of the other people looking at her seemed to increase as she talked. She felt a presence behind her, though no eyes looking at her from there. She looked over her shoulder at the person who stood there. He seemed preoccupied but she didn't think it would be long until he looked up at her.

A girl with red hair walked over to her and asked "A bit too much unwanted attention?" She looked at the girl, blusing even more and feeling even more eyes being drawn to the two of them.

"Yes." Rose said shortly, too uneasy to care for manners at the moment.

The feeling of eyes on her continued to grow. In an attempt to avoid as many eyes as possible, Rose walked around the counter to the side and sat down at a low table just beside where the girl was working.

She sighed, feeling a lot of the eyes being taken off of her as she sat. She shivered, trying to get rid of the 'residue' left behind. Maybe this girl would be a friend to me. She thought. After a moment she shook her head. No. She just wants customers. She thought with another sigh.

LimitlessNikkie

I watched the girl with the glowing eyes and tanned skin walk away and sit down. She's diffrent I thoughs silently. Smiling to myself I tried to get the attention of the girl working their so I could order, the smell of so many people in the room and the coffee reminded me very pointedly I hadn't eaten since my flight. My skin seemed to tighten and itch as my stomach tightened in hunger. I wanted to take of my longsleaved over shirt but something told me the contrast between my milk white pale skin and the tan girl would be too much for the other patrons not to mention the tan girl didn't seem to revel in the attention. I clicked my long nails waiting for the coffee girl.

Kaiser Maverick

I sigh and put my schedule away and checks out my surroundings.I walk up to the counter and waits for the coffee girl.So far all the girls were cute and that was alright with me.I check my phone again and sighs in relief knowing im still on time.

LimitlessNikkie

I glanced at the guy next to me as he checked his cell phone. "Nervous?" I asked having seen him checking his schedule earlier. Flipping my hair over my shoulder.

blackknight1239

Neil pushed through the door to the small coffee shop with a ring of the bell. It was busy, but it usually was around 3pm. Neil shook his head. “Shouldn't have hoped to grab my favourite seat...” noticing his regular table filled up with some giggling first year girls. He sighed. He plopped himself down heavily on one of the few remaining seats; a large green couch.

“Hey, Tanya!” he called from his plush seat. “Make me the usual! This whole working out thing is killing me...” The heavy set student got hit with the “freshmen 15” early the previous year. It was more like the “freshmen 45” once the year ended. Unfortunately, all that awaited that summer was teasing, embarrassment at the pool, and noticing that it was far harder to get up those stairs. So, he decided that, this semester, he'd slim down, and get the girl! “Tanya?”

Kaiser Maverick

I turn back to the girl and smile
“Yeah.Its my first day so I dont wanna screw up"

LimitlessNikkie

I laugh lightly smiling "Don't worry about it, figure this is one of the only days where the excuse 'I got lost' will actually work. You should take advantage of it, I'm certainly going too."

Kaiser Maverick

LimitlessNikkie

I smiled lighlty "I'm Alex, nice to meet you Dante" One of the other coffee girls walks by and takes my order and I smile in antisipation slidding my hand into my pocket to finger the vial resting there.

SxyCowgirl

Rose watched as the man and the red head conversed in line. She closed her eyes for a few moments then opened them back up again.

((Guys, I think maybe we should wait a while for Jante....))

Jante

((Sorry guys))

Tanya smiled at the increase of customers, now this was more like it. After grabbing the ice mocha, she quickly turned to find the girl and was glad to see she hadn't sat too far away from the station. she reached over and placed the drink on the table, "Well, welcome to our school! Here's your drink, hun. If ya need anything, don't be scared to ask." She said with a quick wink before turning back to the next person in line immediately noticing that red hair. She smiled at her happily, "What can I get for ya?" She always had a soft spot for red heads, no one knew why though. She turned to look at the person behind her and noticed... they were both new, weren't the? No one she recognized.

She glanced at Niel and tried to give him the, 'can't you see I'm busy,' look.

LimitlessNikkie

I smiled brightly making my green eyes look slightly brighter "oh hi" I say glancing up at the board quickly to confirm my choice "A soy latte no foam as hot as you can get it, if it no trouble. Thank you." I said with the light french accent highlighting the soft speech.

blackknight1239

"Fine, fine! I'll get it myself." Niel heaved himself off the couch and sauntered on over to the counter. "Jeez, it's like you expect people to come and GET their drinks 'round here." Niel said with a smirk. He slid a bright blue fiver onto the counter for his drink. "So, Tanya, who's your new friend?"

Jante

Tanya gave her best grin, showing off her pearly whites and nodded, "Sure thing!" She said as she turned to heat up the machine. As she grabbed another mug, she turned the girl, "So are you new here as well?" She'd only heard that there would be a few new transfers but to think that half (if not most) of them would end up at the coffee shop was kind of strange but cool. Something she could write about in her blog that night anyways. She sighed as Niel gave her the usual 'attitude'. Not that she minded but in front of the new students?

"She's one of the transfer students, I take it." She said as she glanced back at the girl with a smile before looking back at Niel. Yes, hit on the new transfer student with the gorgeous red hair even though I've been standing here the entire time. She thought bitterly to herself before she stopped and realized she was thinking about... Niel. Ew.

LimitlessNikkie

I laugh lightly "is it that obvious? and I though I was being so cool about it." I say flipping my hair over my shoulder "I'm Alex nice to meet you"

Jante

Tanya smiled as she handed the drink to Alex, "I know a lot of the people that go to the school because of my job... that and a few birdies told me of some new transfers." She giggled as she watched the steam from the cup and then back to Alex, "I hope it's hot enough for you." She said as she glanced back at Niel then back to Alex. She had to stop her rapid looking around at people thing. She herself, found it very distracting.

LimitlessNikkie

I smiled as I took the drink, taking a deep breath and taking a sip I sighed. "It's perfect, just perfect. your amazing...I'm sorry I didn't catch your name or yours." I say looking from the girl to the guy standing next to me.

Kaiser Maverick

“It seems like there's alot of transfer students here today"
I say with smile,not wanting to be anti-social.He stood straight up and relaxed.