Interest Check: Medieval Fantasy type RP

Started by Nooblet, January 20, 2011, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nooblet

Kinda new at this, but thought I'd give making a RP a shot. If anyone wants more info then just say so, I've more imagined for both sides and more info on the conflict itself ^.^

Number of players: 3-6 Per 'team'
Idea: My idea is a simple one, probably been done before but meh. The setting is a medieval fantasy realm ripe with strife. There are two super powers clashing for control; The Holy Glaemrith Empire, and the Might Kiliktin Empire. Glaemrith is the embodyment of good. They accept all races, no matter what the race may have done in the past. Kilictin isnt neccisarily the emobiment of evil, but they are bloodthirsy and rutheless.

Glaemrith had many special forces, some of the more widely known are the Centaurian Royal Guards, the Elven Rangers, The Dwarven Engineers, and the Orcish Shock Troopers. Glaemrith is also home to the prominent Mages Guild, and fields a wide variety of mages.

Kilictin is nearly an all human force. Racial tensions run rampant in this land. Mercenaries of all races find plenty of work with the Kilctin empire, even if they're treated like dirt. Kilictin fields many slaves, and is prone to wiping out entire villages on a whim. Outlaws, criminals, and other villianous types find a home in Kilitcin. The Necromancy Guild, banned from the Mages Guild, found home here, allowing Kilictin to field its own mages.

A few little 'rules' for this: No character is perfect and amazing in every way, everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Do not control someone elses character, nor deal any permanent harm without the player who owns the character's permission. Be friendly(As players, characters can be as unfriendly as you want) and have fun :D

Basically we, the players, would take up arms for either force and RP it out. I would like it if, as stated above, we could have a fair few players for both sides to keep things interesting.

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=95820.0
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

NightBlade

Ill join i can play either side. Depends on how many join I guess
Is there good in the world? Is there Evil in the world? Can someone say which one you are?

Nooblet

Great, glad someone likes my idea ;D
Remember, if you'd like more info just lemme know.
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

Cooper5362

I would like to role play a black mage or warlock type of character for the Kilictin.  He would have a history of learning under the Glaemrith, but quickly falls towards enjoying the rewards of power and control.  He would be very bigoted against non-humans and have a special taste for undoing the Elves.  He sees them as arrogant and false and in the way of his secret ambition to head a new mage guild that controls all magic.  The other races would be easy to subdue in his mind if the Elves were gone and humans "properly" united.  Glaemrith appears as an unstable fairy tale that ends in tears to him.  He sees the non-human populations as a corruption that can only doom their vie for power.  Humans should rule in his opinion, and he doesn't care what it takes to enslave the rest of the non-human world to ensure that end.  He also doesn't care what it takes to climb to the top of the totem pole in his bid to dominate the magic of the world.
Cooper
A/As

Nooblet

He sounds like he fits right in with Kilictin ;D
So thats 1 for Kilictin and 2 for either side so far. Not looking to bad.

If you need or want more details Cooper, just let me know.

NightBlade

Glaemrith

I would like to role play as a member of the Elven Ranger Corps. My character would be a new member of the group and still new to the whole fighting scene. He is an Amazing Archer and was top in this class. That is what caught the eyes of some of the higher up. Hes still working on Close combat so he tries to hid when entering combat. He is a nice and respectful guy, who treats all races the same and enjoy his life under the Glaemrith rule.

Kilictin

I would like to play a 1st class Murder. He started in Glaemrith but after the army started to hunt him down he fled to Kilictin. He than found a home among others who are like him. Hes cold hearted but alittle headstrong and easily put into a Rage. His rage is a curse that was put onto him from a Glaemrith Mage. He goes into a bloodthirsty rage and is blind to friend and foe alike. The spell wears off a random times when he goes into it.
Is there good in the world? Is there Evil in the world? Can someone say which one you are?

Nooblet

Sounds pretty good, except one part with the Kilictin character.
If he attacks friend and foe his allies arnt likely to work with him very long, and he's likely to be cut down by other Kilitcin soldiers :o

NightBlade

Well i was trying to think of a weakness. Hes a strong and skilled fighter and I was gonna have him only enter rage when hes losing or badly hurt

Nooblet

Well I can see how this would be a good weakness, but realisticly thinking he wouldnt last to long in Kilictin if he went beserk on his allies along with his enemies.

Cooper5362

I can always cut his heart out with a spoon.  ;)
Cooper
A/As

NightBlade

mebe cooper mebe lol

I was thinking that a mage or something could have the power to calm him

Nooblet

That you could cooper XD
Hm..I suppose that would work. You would, obviously, need to find said mage. Maybe cooper? :P

Love And Submission

Meh I'm always  intrested in necromancy.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Cooper5362

He's human right?  I'm not going to bother with a non-human.
Cooper
A/As

Nooblet

Quote from: DTW on January 20, 2011, 06:17:08 PM
Meh I'm always  intrested in necromancy.
You're welcome to hop in as a necromancer.

Quote from: Cooper5362 on January 20, 2011, 06:17:47 PM
He's human right?  I'm not going to bother with a non-human.
I do believe he is, though Night didnt specify as far as I know.

NightBlade

My first one Elven

and my second one is indeed Human

Nooblet

It kinda just dawned on me...I should probably make my own character eh? I'll make a character for both sides so I can fill in if one side needs another player ;D

Cooper5362

Well, I can tend to the human as long as his usefulness doesn't get in my way.
Cooper
A/As

NightBlade

Nooblet

Glaemrith
Name: Aedlis Kelmor
Race: Dark Elf
Appearance: Stands at 5'10 with piercing red eyes and jet black hair. Has a slim, yet muscular, build that fits well with his work.
Bio: Aedlis feels grateful to the Glaemrith for freeing his people from the Kilictin Empire. He joined the army eagerly and found he had an affinity for moveing silently and tracking. He learned the skills of the bow, and to wield a sabre. He was placed as a scout, leading large forces safely through enemy territory and foiling ambushes. Recently he had been recieving missions to assassinate leaders of invasion forces, and thus far has yet to fail.
Strengths and Weakness': Aedlis excells at fast paced combat, and surprise attacks. Once the battle slows down he loses his speed and surprise advantages, and must then rely on average melee combat skills.

Kilictin
Name: Delrith Kaen
Race: Human
Appearance: Stands 6'2 and has a muscular build. He had cold gray eyes and wavy short cropped blonde hair.
Bio: Delrith was raised to be a soldier. From his earliest memories he was always being trained and drilled to know of nothing but war, and how to win it. His father placed ihm in a military academy when Delrith was eleven. After years of rigorous training Delrith was placed in the army. His combat abilities and his drive to win every battle, no matter the cost, quickly rose him up the ranks to where he is now. Delrith strives to win glory and end the war against the pathetic Glaemrith.
Strengths and Weakness': Delrith is strong and excells at melee combat. He is very succeptable to magic and often falls into traps in his drive to win a battle.

Nooblet

nightender

Room for one more?  I'm looking for something to play in and this could be interesting.  Not sure what I'd play, but I'm game if you all are?

Nooblet

Sure, plenty of room still. COnfirmed we have 1 for Kilictin and 2 for either(or both) sides.
If DTW decided to comit to this that'd be two for Kilictin.

NightBlade

So Glaemrith has 0

Kilictin has 2

And there three undecided

If we get one more we could go I guess

Nooblet